The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Diversification, or lack there of."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jimmy Jones 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-17-03, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jimmy%20Jones Click to send private message to Jimmy%20Jones Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Diversification, or lack there of."
Quite the WASP'ish collection of young contestants. Granted, you have two Asian-Americans... And of course Psycho Scotty's ex looks to be a combination of black and white.

And, does anybody know who might be the "gay" player?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Diversification, or lack there ... KScott 07-17-03 1
   No openly gay contestant Bebo 07-17-03 10
 RE: Diversification, or lack there ... SurvivinDawg 07-17-03 2
 RE: Diversification, or lack there ... Swami 07-17-03 3
   RE: Diversification, or lack there ... SurvivinDawg 07-17-03 4
 RE: Diversification, or lack there ... DEVILRAYS 07-17-03 5
   RE: Diversification, or lack there ... KScott 07-17-03 6
       RE: Diversification, or lack there ... DEVILRAYS 07-17-03 7
           RE: Diversification, or lack there ... KScott 07-17-03 8
           RE: Diversification, or lack there ... HobbsofMI 07-17-03 9
               RE: Diversification, or lack there ... KScott 07-17-03 12
                   RE: Diversification, or lack there ... DEVILRAYS 07-17-03 13
 RE: Diversification, or lack there ... Fast Eddie 07-17-03 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-17-03, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Diversification, or lack there of."
I don't think they have a gay one this time.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-17-03, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "No openly gay contestant"
LAST EDITED ON 07-17-03 AT 02:48 PM (EST)

During the first food challenge, one of the true/false questions was about an openly gay contestant. The answer was that there are no openly gay contestants.

As stated below, Carmen is Jee's girlfriend. They showed an interview with her and Jee's sister last night.

edited since I don't know up from down

Bebo, Queen of the Backwoods and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-03, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Diversification, or lack there of."
LAST EDITED ON 07-17-03 AT 10:42 AM (EST)

I don't think there is an openly gay man in BB4. I don't know about the women, though.

The complaint I have is the age groups. There is always just ONE older person (BB2 had two, actually), then a whole bunch of very youngish twentysomethings. I can understand that there won't be a huge crop of thirtysomethings taking time from their jobs to be on this show, but I would like to see some diversification... how about 6 that are Jack's age and six that are Allison's ?!!?!

Also, and this pertains to all reality TV shows... there are fewer and fewer black men being presented. Survivor 6 had no black men (except the Immunity Idol itself ), BB4 has no black men, and on BB3, Marcellas was black AND gay and the emphasis seemed to be on his orientation over his skin color.

Of course, Paradise Hotel has no blacks (the closest they've come is an applicant that lost, and Kavita), and the other shows may have just one black in a "token" role (sorry to say that, but that is exactly what it is).

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-03, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Diversification, or lack there of."
They are almost uniformly young and casually uncaring that they will make asses of themselves while on national TV.

That said, I dislike the careful tokenism that seems to come into play when they cast a show like BB. It may be demographically correct, but stupidly unreal somehow. In a show like this, they could cast far more people who are ethnicly hard to define (like Amanda). I would like to watch a show where the majority of people are not so blithfully, blandly white. Something that reflects the urban America I know, not the set of 'Friends".

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-03, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Diversification, or lack there of."
LAST EDITED ON 07-17-03 AT 12:40 PM (EST)

Something that reflects the urban America I know, not the set of 'Friends".

Well, there's "rural" and "smalltown" and "surburban" America to think of, also, but you're hitting on the truth, Swami.

It's all about TV viewership. The disparities between black viewers and those of other races (mostly white, but includes others) has been shown to be quite startling.

The network brass must've figured out through their pollings, etc., that reality TV appeals to the white viewer and not to the black viewer. And so they are catering to that audience.

A case in point is "Last Comic Standing"... two blacks (Tess and Geoff) and an Asian... but they've shown very, very little of the blacks, and more of the Asian and whites. I am not kidding when I say that I literally forgot that Geoff made the top 10 and was in the house! And Tess was on early (she won two immunities), but her showing has tapered off somewhat.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

DEVILRAYS 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-17-03, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DEVILRAYS Click to send private message to DEVILRAYS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Diversification, or lack there of."
The gay player is, of all people, Jun. I was surprised, since on the opening she said she only dates white men, and her partner is neither white nor a man.

07-17-03, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Diversification, or lack there of."
I remember the "only white men" remark but must have missed the other. Is this a fact or are you making a joke?

07-17-03, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DEVILRAYS Click to send private message to DEVILRAYS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Diversification, or lack there of."
Nope, I am serious. Her girlfriend, as BB listed her, is named Carmen and is Asian.

07-17-03, 02:10 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Diversification, or lack there of."
I did not know that, I stand corrected in stating that no one was gay on this show.

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-03, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Diversification, or lack there of."
That is Jee's girlfriend.....not Jun's.

The interview said she is not jealous of Jee being in with Jun cause they are over and he is very faithful plus she is prettier then Jun.

07-17-03, 03:09 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Diversification, or lack there of."
I didn;t think she was a lesbian. I retract my last post.

07-17-03, 04:01 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Diversification, or lack there of."
How did I miss that? I guess I just saw a J name and assumed it was Jun...S6 syndrome.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-17-03, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Diversification, or lack there of."
I've also noticed a serious lack of diversification on NBA basketball. No one seems too upset, though.

Maybe BB5 will be a mostly black cast, with a couple of Native Americans and a token "half-white".

Do we have to have quotas in everything?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •