The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I hate the bottlenecks!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-18-03, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I hate the bottlenecks!!!"
What good does it do to leave first for a leg of the race, only to go straight to a place that doesn't open for another 4 hours, allowing all those behind you to catch up to you???

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!! Breezy 08-18-03 1
 RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!! wildchickenhunter 08-18-03 2
   RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!! nailbone 08-18-03 3
       RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!! 712 08-18-03 4
           RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!! nailbone 08-19-03 7
       RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!! Spidey 08-19-03 6
 RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!! SurvivinDawg 08-19-03 5
   RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!! nailbone 08-19-03 8
 RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!! Edgeless Grass 08-20-03 9
 I understand your dislike moonbaby 08-20-03 10
   turtlenecks Spidey 08-20-03 11
       RE: turtlenecks nailbone 08-21-03 13
 RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!! Busco Man 08-20-03 12
 RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!! FarmBoy 08-21-03 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-03, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!!"
Hi Boner! Bottlenecks keep the racers together so it's actually a race and not just one team way ahead of the rest. I don't mind them that much but you'll see lots of posts regarding this very subject.

*Breezy ... keeping OT satisfied since 2003*
****Smooch****

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-18-03, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!!"
I get tired of it too. They could give them a little bit of spacing....Heck, all they have to do is every 4 or 5 days, send then somewhere that doesn;t have a lot of flights. SO you could get some spacing and then have them go somewhere that there is only one flight a day(or everyother day). I don't know. I get real tired of them leaving every morning at 2:00 am and going 20 minutes to the airport and then all bunching up for the first flight....Kills aall the drama.

08-18-03, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!!"

Prime example this week...Jeff and David used the FF last week and got a good lead out of it, only to see it disappear immediately when they got to the wool ranch.

Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-18-03, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!!"
Nah, they didn't have a good lead.

Times of departure:
1 - David/Jeff (10:41 PM)
2 - Kelly/Jon (10:59 PM)
3 - Reichen/Chip (11:33 PM)

08-19-03, 01:58 PM (EST)
7. "RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!!"

Well, almost an hour over R&C was erased.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-03, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!!"
But the Goats DID get a Eurpoean Vacation, courtesy of AMERICAN AIRLINES, to enjoy after the race.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-03, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!!"
This has all been hashed out before on previous threads.

My suggestion is that no one leave before 6 a.m. local time. If you arrive earlier, you get extra time at the pit stop.

If Team #2 arrives 20 minutes after Team #1, who arrived at 2:30pm, then T#1 does not leave at 2:30am, but leaves at 6:00am, and Team 2 leaves at 6:20am, etc.

Airports are natural bottlenecks and generally cannot be avoided. Perhaps a competition before flying, so that flights can be made/missed would be of interest.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

08-19-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
8. "RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!!"
>This has all been hashed out
>before on previous threads.
>
But DAW that I am, I wanted my OWN thread.

>My suggestion is that no one
>leave before 6 a.m. local
>time. If you arrive
>earlier, you get extra time
>at the pit stop.
>
I agree completely. At least wait until a little farther into the leg to introduce a bottle neck like that.
>
>
>Airports are natural bottlenecks and generally
>cannot be avoided. Perhaps
>a competition before flying, so
>that flights can be made/missed
>would be of interest.
>
True, but airports are also a natural trap for stupidity, which keeps 'em interesting.

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-20-03, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!!"
All I want to say is :

WHERE IS THE BOTTLENECK when you MOST need it!!!

I have been praying when Jon/Al miss the flight that there would be some bunching at Australia, but instead, the team just sprint into action of detour and roadblock without any further bunching when you MOST need it.

With all the other bunching which did not matter much, the one and only one where it should be, wasn't there! The aim of bunching is to ensure no team got leave too far behind by flight such that there is no way of them catching up with other team, but there isn't one to save Al/Jon. In the end, they have to use editing to make the show 'look' exciting, make Al/Jon 'look' close to other team. *sigh*

----------------- Bye!! --------------------
~ ~
' o '
'(x) '

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-03, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "I understand your dislike"
of the bottlenecks. But I'd really like to know how you feel about the turtlenecks!

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-03, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "turtlenecks"
I find them the most flattering garment when one wishes to accentuate man-boobs.

Also quite fond of longnecks. Easiest to swig.

08-21-03, 09:39 AM (EST)
13. "RE: turtlenecks"
My neck is way to long and skinny for turtlenecks.

Busco Man 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-20-03, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Busco%20Man Click to send private message to Busco%20Man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!!"
I understand your hatred of bottlenecks. They are annoying and the result is AR is more of a race of little sprints rather than a marathon. Where strategic advantage gained in one leg is summerily wiped out the next 'cause of bottlenecks.

However, what bottlenecks prevent is one team gaining an insurmountable lead over the rest of the pack. That situation is far more unpleasent and will make you long for the days of bottlenecks like the candy you had as a child or the girl you met that summer, only to not see her ever again!

Bottlenecks, the necessary evil of the Amazing Race.

Busco Man - holder of 10% interest in Bottleneck Inc.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-21-03, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!!"
bottleneck...

turtleneck...

Looks like tonight that Jon gets "neck"ed.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •