URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 308
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I hate the bottlenecks!!!"

Posted by nailbone on 08-18-03 at 10:56 AM
What good does it do to leave first for a leg of the race, only to go straight to a place that doesn't open for another 4 hours, allowing all those behind you to catch up to you???

(c) 2003 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.
Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I hate the bottlenecks!!!"
Posted by Breezy on 08-18-03 at 12:44 PM
Hi Boner! Bottlenecks keep the racers together so it's actually a race and not just one team way ahead of the rest. I don't mind them that much but you'll see lots of posts regarding this very subject.

*Breezy ... keeping OT satisfied since 2003*
****Smooch****

Posted by wildchickenhunter on 08-18-03 at 01:44 PM
I get tired of it too. They could give them a little bit of spacing....Heck, all they have to do is every 4 or 5 days, send then somewhere that doesn;t have a lot of flights. SO you could get some spacing and then have them go somewhere that there is only one flight a day(or everyother day). I don't know. I get real tired of them leaving every morning at 2:00 am and going 20 minutes to the airport and then all bunching up for the first flight....Kills aall the drama.

Posted by nailbone on 08-18-03 at 03:56 PM

Prime example this week...Jeff and David used the FF last week and got a good lead out of it, only to see it disappear immediately when they got to the wool ranch.

Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, SB Video Historian (StS) o-

Posted by 712 on 08-18-03 at 07:11 PM
Nah, they didn't have a good lead.

Times of departure:
1 - David/Jeff (10:41 PM)
2 - Kelly/Jon (10:59 PM)
3 - Reichen/Chip (11:33 PM)

Posted by nailbone on 08-19-03 at 01:58 PM

Well, almost an hour over R&C was erased.

Posted by Spidey on 08-19-03 at 01:12 PM
But the Goats DID get a Eurpoean Vacation, courtesy of AMERICAN AIRLINES, to enjoy after the race.

Posted by SurvivinDawg on 08-19-03 at 12:34 PM
This has all been hashed out before on previous threads.

My suggestion is that no one leave before 6 a.m. local time. If you arrive earlier, you get extra time at the pit stop.

If Team #2 arrives 20 minutes after Team #1, who arrived at 2:30pm, then T#1 does not leave at 2:30am, but leaves at 6:00am, and Team 2 leaves at 6:20am, etc.

Airports are natural bottlenecks and generally cannot be avoided. Perhaps a competition before flying, so that flights can be made/missed would be of interest.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Posted by nailbone on 08-19-03 at 02:02 PM
>This has all been hashed out
>before on previous threads.
>
But DAW that I am, I wanted my OWN thread.

>My suggestion is that no one
>leave before 6 a.m. local
>time. If you arrive
>earlier, you get extra time
>at the pit stop.
>
I agree completely. At least wait until a little farther into the leg to introduce a bottle neck like that.
>
>
>Airports are natural bottlenecks and generally
>cannot be avoided. Perhaps
>a competition before flying, so
>that flights can be made/missed
>would be of interest.
>
True, but airports are also a natural trap for stupidity, which keeps 'em interesting.

Posted by Edgeless Grass on 08-20-03 at 01:29 AM
All I want to say is :

WHERE IS THE BOTTLENECK when you MOST need it!!!

I have been praying when Jon/Al miss the flight that there would be some bunching at Australia, but instead, the team just sprint into action of detour and roadblock without any further bunching when you MOST need it.

With all the other bunching which did not matter much, the one and only one where it should be, wasn't there! The aim of bunching is to ensure no team got leave too far behind by flight such that there is no way of them catching up with other team, but there isn't one to save Al/Jon. In the end, they have to use editing to make the show 'look' exciting, make Al/Jon 'look' close to other team. *sigh*

----------------- Bye!! --------------------
~ ~
' o '
'(x) '

"I understand your dislike"
Posted by moonbaby on 08-20-03 at 03:32 PM
of the bottlenecks. But I'd really like to know how you feel about the turtlenecks!

"turtlenecks"
Posted by Spidey on 08-20-03 at 03:36 PM
I find them the most flattering garment when one wishes to accentuate man-boobs.

Also quite fond of longnecks. Easiest to swig.

"RE: turtlenecks"
Posted by nailbone on 08-21-03 at 09:39 AM
My neck is way to long and skinny for turtlenecks.

Posted by Busco Man on 08-20-03 at 08:09 PM
I understand your hatred of bottlenecks. They are annoying and the result is AR is more of a race of little sprints rather than a marathon. Where strategic advantage gained in one leg is summerily wiped out the next 'cause of bottlenecks.

However, what bottlenecks prevent is one team gaining an insurmountable lead over the rest of the pack. That situation is far more unpleasent and will make you long for the days of bottlenecks like the candy you had as a child or the girl you met that summer, only to not see her ever again!

Bottlenecks, the necessary evil of the Amazing Race.

Busco Man - holder of 10% interest in Bottleneck Inc.

Posted by FarmBoy on 08-21-03 at 11:09 AM
bottleneck...

turtleneck...

Looks like tonight that Jon gets "neck"ed.