The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-26-03, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
LAST EDITED ON 07-26-03 AT 09:21 PM (EST)

Welcome to the episode nine Not So Move of the Week voting thread.

I'm back this week. Thanks again to Bebo for also filling in for me here.

This is probably the best week for horrible moves this season. Many of these I think could beat some of the past winners or should we call them losers. They also all happen to be time consuming mistakes. Unfortunately only one can move on to the Not So Move of the Season vote at the end of the season.

There are eight choices this week. With the exception of one, they're all made by the same two teams. And they all were critical. You can only pick one choice.

These choices are based on moves of no intelligence, poor decisions made by a team, or downward movements in the field of competition.

If you'd like to take a look at the episode eight thread go here:
Episode Eight Voting Thread

1.Jon(With Kelly) arrives at Poring Hot Springs and decides to take a bathroom break. Meanwhile the other teams exit and they miss a chance to see the correct path through the springs. They go on to get lost and waste minutes and minutes of valuable time.

2.Millie/Chuck and David/Jeff don't defrost their cars before they leave the springs. Their cars fog and they waste time waiting it out. In the mean time, Reichen/Chip pass both teams to take over the lead. Without this little tiny mistake, Millie/Chuck would have had enough time to beat Kelly/Jon.

3.David/Jeff can't find the clue at Trushidup Palm Oil Plantation. They pass right by the correct wheelbarrow, then they ask Jon/Al where it is. They still can't find it and waste even more time until Jon/Al show them exactly where it is.

4.Kelly/Jon decide to go for the Fast Forward. They even guarantee us that no other team will go for it. But Reichen/Chip take it and they lose quite a bit of time. The result also leads to a lot of chaos with the couple.

5.Millie/Chuck arrive at the Detour and first choose to do Haul. Chuck argues with Millie and they switch to Chop. Then they realize it's too tough, so they switch back to Haul again. These few minutes would have given Millie/Chuck enough time to beat Kelly/Jon for 4th place.

6.Millie/Chuck have a lot of trouble reading the map and getting directions on their way to the caves. They get lost and waste at least an hour of time until they finally get back on track. After this moment they could never catch back up to the lead teams and only fall farther back.

7.Kelly/Jon decide to do the Haul detour choice. They don't know if they're loading the bunches in the right truck, because they completely miss the "5" right in front of their face. They end up switching to Chop and waste a few minutes of time.

8.In the race to the Pit Stop, Chuck can't figure out how to use the gears. Then they kill any chance of surpassing Kelly/Jon when Millie can't read the map. They can only follow Kelly/Jon. They go on to be eliminated just be seconds.

I think Shola/Doyin said it best when they said: "This race is about "minutes"."

This vote will close Thursday 8:00 PM EST.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Steen 07-26-03 1
 #6 Survivorerist 07-26-03 2
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... TeamJoisey 07-26-03 3
 #5 tvgeek401 07-27-03 4
 #7 I_AM_HE 07-27-03 5
 #6 please realitybites 07-27-03 6
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Violet Nyte 07-27-03 7
 #6 ShowMeTheWinner 07-27-03 8
 6 cyclehausen 07-27-03 9
 #6 moonbaby 07-27-03 10
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... AMAI 07-27-03 11
 #6 but the real answer is... SurvivinDawg 07-27-03 12
 I would love to be different... MsShel330 07-27-03 13
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... Edgeless Grass 07-27-03 14
 #6 Bebo 07-28-03 15
 #6 Majic Mitch 07-28-03 16
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... dajaki 07-28-03 17
 #6 tig_ger 07-28-03 18
 #6 memacmur 07-28-03 19
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... PlumBlossom 07-29-03 20
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... kpod 07-31-03 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Steen 1544 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-26-03, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steen Click to send private message to Steen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Nine"

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

07-26-03, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "#6"
No contest this week, and too bad too

(Another IceCat original )

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-26-03, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Nine"

#6.

Sadly, lots of stupidity, but none as damaging as Chuck and Millie driving around for an hour because they can't read the map or the road signs facing the other direction.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-27-03, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "#5"
well, since both peeps before me chose #6, i'll be an individualist and go for #5. indecisiveness is a killer(unfortunately, chuck seems to have lots of it.)
as for #1, when nature calls, you've gotta answer!
smiles
the tvgeek

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-27-03, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "#7"
since i'm sure #6 will win anyway, i'm gonna throw a vote at #7 cause it had me LMAO. as bad as most of the others were, it was the only all-out "look at me i'm an idiot" (not so) move of the week

i think #1 was equally as bad as #6, but tvgeek does have a point

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-27-03, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "#6 please"
Clear.

Violet Nyte 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-27-03, 02:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Violet%20Nyte Click to send private message to Violet%20Nyte Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
If they had been able to pass Kelly/Jon, they could have pulled off a win. #6 was bad, but that's what ultimately lost it for them, since it destroyed any hope. And Millie is faster than most of the guys, they could have easily won a foot race.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-27-03, 05:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "#6"
Can I vote for them all? This is the dumbest episode ever! The dumbest is actually #7. The number 5 was SO HUGE and BOTH Kelly and Jon missed the number! But I think I gotta vote for #6 coz this is the move that killed the team. Fatal moves always get my vote.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-27-03, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "6"
"I am an unlimited person, sadly living in a limited world."-Harlan Ellison

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-03, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "#6"
Lots of nice no so moves to choose from this week, star!

Millie's lack of map reading skills was an ongoing problem. Chuck should have taken a moment to look at the map himself.

Like many other people here I don't understand why they didn't switch places unless Millie couldn't drive a stick. If you know you are going to be on TAR you ought to learn it.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-27-03, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-03 AT 04:53 PM (EST)

#6 no doubt about it.

While many of the other choices did indeed waste a few minutes, nothing was so decisively contributory to the elimination of "Muck" as the lack of map & highway sign post reading skills.

I agree about #1 - chances are that Jon was doing all he could to hang on until they reached the destination. There just wasn't another second left!!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

07-27-03, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "#6 but the real answer is..."
Officially, it's #6, but the real answer has to be "anything to do with... Millie and Chuck."

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-27-03, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "I would love to be different..."
but it's definitely #6. This was the dumbest week so far. And that's saying something since these have been the dumbest group of racers so far.

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-27-03, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
Maybe it's not so nice to say this...but I really have a good time watching last week's TAR!!! All the not so move make me laugh!! (I am evil! I know! )

My thought process ....

1. 'Thanks' to CBS, we are being forced to see Jon take a leak. Well.. like someone has mentioned, when you got to go, you got to go...who knows, he might have done that many times already, just that CBS decided to show us this round, to make it like as if that's the reason why they are at the back!

2. This could be critical. If only Millie/Chuck thought of the defrost button, and manage to follow Jon/Al, they might not waste time looking for the plantation...Millie has been sleeping her way thru'...Have to admit, man are tougher physically, Chuck equally not having enough sleep, have to drive, have to do most of the detour & road block (all require physical strenght), it's surprising that their car didn't ended up crashing with others!

3. This is the part which provided me MOST entertainment!! I can't help but laugh and laugh at the 2 stupid fools!!! And it does not only wasted David/Jeff's time, but also wasted Al/Jon's time, as they actually have to stop doing their detour to specifically point out the location of the clue to them! (I can forsee if they still can't find the clue, probably Al will run forward to pick it up for them)

4. Actually what they have thought of is not wrong, based on the experience of previous few leg whereby R/C actually don't go for fast forward even when they are behind the other team, there is no reason why they will go for it now. But too bad, everything is fated...R/C is fated to take the wrong turn, fated that they are just too tired and need some good rest, hence just go ahead to take the fast forward....and fated that we audience should get a good viewing of how exciting the race between M/C and J/K is!

5. Actually Chuck wanted to do 'Chop' should be a better idea, as we can see that they are really tired and the 'chopping' seem to need lesser physical strenght...to haul, basically Millie is not helping out at all. The more she tried to help, the worse the result is...having the wheelbarrow turn-over, throw the pricky fruit to Chuck even when he told her it's hurting..etc. I would think all the switching is draining the tiring couple out..even more!!

6. Chuck is not reading the map, since he is driving, and Millie is just sleeping all the way..and given up half way thru'! Chuck did try to help by asking her if she see the river in the map...but still, both have some fault here. They could always pull over and tried read the map together, instead of keep driving and driving...there are alot of road sign in Malaysia, they should just stop in front of 1 and tried to orientate themselve.

7. Sometime these non-professional jokers crack much more jokes then the professional-clowns... gosh, Kelly can see the big 'C' but couldn't see the '5' next to it! But then...not sure if it's the editing or what, the chopping look sooooo easy! All the team should tried that first, not that much of time waste in the switching, the way I look at it. If they took the haul, they will ended up like Millie and Chuck, whereby Jon will have to do most of the work and take more time. So this switch ended up to be a clever move after all!

8. Well...when you are trailing someone, you got anxious, and the more you tell yourself you cannot affort to make any wrong move, the chances are, you will make some! The main problem should be Millie, who look like she has given up already! She ask Chuck who is driving to 'read the map'! And Chuck has to busy keeping up with J/K, over take car on a 1 lane road with in coming traffic and at the same time console Millie that they still have chance to win....actually Chuck is not all that bad sometime. At least he won't yell at Millie or got impatient at her when things get screw up!

My vote...ugrrr...it's difficult to vote. #6 is going to be the definite winner for the not-so-move this week, I can be sure of that, so to make the ranking more even up, I will choose 5.

Conclusion: My vote is #5.

----------------- Bye!! ^O^ ---------------

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-03, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "#6"
'nuff said.

Bebo, Queen of the Backwoods and your American Idol PTTE co-champ

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-28-03, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "#6"
a whole hour lost, just driving around

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-28-03, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
#6 - No question. Millie was completely inept at reading the map and Chuck was so concerned about staying on the move that he wouldn't pull over and take a couple of minutes to look at the map. After showing so many good moves during the race, these two let their exhaustion and emotional problems get the better of them. A few calming deep breaths and two minutes on the side of the road (to read the map, folks!) would have saved their asses.

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-28-03, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "#6"

A Kyngsladye Original

Tig_ger: The Holy Mother of Inclusion

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-28-03, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "#6"
Well, since it lead directly to their downfall, I have to go with number 6.

While I was most amused by #7, it turns out being blind didn't hurt them as much as it looked like it would.

MEmacmur

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-29-03, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Nine"

kpod 125 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-31-03, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kpod Click to send private message to kpod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Nine"
4. No. In the context of where they were in the race it was the right move. Not-so-luck, yes. Not-so-karma, definitely. Not-so-move, not.
1. Hey, when you gotta go... (and boy does this team need to go).
2. The rest of these are legit enough. This one gets demoted because of what R&C did with their "advantage"... take a wrong turn and waste the FF.
3. It's hard to choose between these two, since they're both a matter of just not seeing what's right in front of you. #3 gets the edge for no other reason than that gong sound effect was SO hilarious.
Between 5, 6 and 8 one could argue they're all part of the same larger issue, that M&C were too tired to think straight. But having to choose one, I'll move #8 to the back of the pack because it felt like it had slipped away before then. As for the other two, I'll stick with my "vote with the minority" rule and cast my vote for...

The loser: #5

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •