The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Confessionals AND Hindsight....Episode Two"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-27-02, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Confessionals AND Hindsight....Episode Two"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-02 AT 01:29 AM (EST)

Ok, i hope you guys don't mind, but i've officially made myself the confessional counter and hindsight finder for Survivor: Thailand! I'll post how many confessionals each person got and little quotations and hints which may lead to some irony later into the season...also, feel free to add YOUR thoughts and hindsight also

First, the opening credits hindsight which i noticed (is there a pattern of some sort here?)
Jed- Water over his pic
Shii- Fire
Jake- Water
Erin- Water
Robb- Water
Steph- Regular pic- no water or fire
Ken- Water
Penny- Regular pic
Clay- Water
Helen- Water
Brian- Fire
Ghandia- Regular pic
John-Water
Jan- Water
Ted- Fire
Tanya- Water
*ALSO* a sequence of the opening credits showed Chuay Gahn at Tribal Council...why Chuay Gahn? There is a reason they showed Chuay Gahn, and they won't add in Sook Jai later.I believe this might be hinting towards a winner from the Chuay Gahn tribe. The same thing happened with Maraamu- they had a TC sequence inserted into the Opening credits.

Confessional Counts The number in parentheses is the number of confessionals each Survivor had in the previous episode.

Jan- 1 (2)
Helen- 8 (3)
Ghandia- 2 (5)
Clay- 7 (1)
Tanya- None (3)
Brian- 2 (1)
Ted- None (2)
Penny- None (3)
Jake- 3 (4)
Erin- 2 (1)
Jed- 4 (2)
Stephanie- 2 (2)
Robb- 1 (5)
Shii Ann- 3 (3)
Ken- 2 (1)

Hindsight during the episode

Two things struck me once again thinking the winner of Survivor:Thailand will come from Chuay Gahn-
1) At one point, the camera centered in onto a wall on Chuay Gahn with tallies marking off the days...would they show this signifying their days are numbered...or that soon there well be 39 tallies up there?
2) Jan's one and only confessional in this episode really also hit me as major foreshadowing. It could be food for thought, though: "We're gonna get 'em, We're gonna get 'em...that's all i'm gonna say."

Tribal Council fire symbolism
No fire
Tanya
Fire
Helen
No fire
Brian
Fire REFLECTED in water
Clay
Fire (three different shots of fire)
Jan
No fire
Ghandia
Fire
Ted

Final Words foreshadowing?
Ok, once again, i'm probably reading way too much into this, but they do edit the final words from what we see on the show, so why did they show Tanya saying "I hope you bring it in and win the million dollars."

Ok, well that's it for today...i hope im making SOME sense

If your happy and you know it, Do the Cooper dance!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Confessionals AND Hindsight....... Yogi 09-27-02 1
 E1 and #2 sequences differ Rebel Crown 09-27-02 2
   RE: E1 and #2 sequences differ travelingbetty 09-27-02 6
       RE: E1 and #2 sequences differ Spidey 09-27-02 8
 RE: Confessionals AND Hindsight....... addictedtoSB 09-27-02 3
   RE: Confessionals AND Hindsight....... samiam 09-27-02 5
       RE: Confessionals AND Hindsight....... addictedtoSB 09-27-02 7
 RE: Confessionals AND Hindsight....... snoocharoo 09-27-02 4
 vote order indication Java 09-27-02 9
   RE: vote order indication BMH 09-27-02 10
       RE: vote order indication I_AM_HE 09-27-02 11
           RE: vote order indication ivoryElephant 09-28-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-27-02, 03:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Confessionals AND Hindsight....Episode Two"
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-02 AT 04:11 AM (EST)

Great job on the 'confessionals' Survivormitsx.

I will offer my 'hindsight' from this week.

Last weeks misdirections.
CBS boot poll count - Stephanie 34% / Erin 15% - the numbers were about the same all week. Around 50,000 votes cast.
Paratrooper - Shii Ann tribal council pictures released. Number One misdirection!
Vidcaps - Robb - Brown 'buff' on right arm. Picture changed from actual purple colour.

If we voted last week after E1 my guess is that Tanya would have been near 50%. After a week of 'misdirection' she ended up around 10% (or less).

My guess for next week. Red wins RC (Robbs seems p****d) / Purple wins IC / Ghandia gets the well deserved boot.
By the time it comes to vote, and after many misdirections, I will most likely vote for Red winning both RC and IC and Jeff P. getting the boot. Actually if Mark B. booted Jeff P. (physically) from the show that would make great TV.....
I actually think the monkey (Magilla) could do as well a Jeff... I guess that this is the wrong forum for that comment.

What I am getting at here is that most of the 'new information' that comes out most weeks is to 'misdirect' you from the logical outcome. They even fooled the good and creative people from Acme (great parody). http://www.acmebraintrust.com/abt_f.php?kw=funstuff

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-27-02, 05:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "E1 and #2 sequences differ"
I happened to notice that E1's opening sequence differs in the order, as well.

Here's a list of it. Position in E1, then E2 follows their names.

Shiiann -1,2
Erin - 2,4
Helen - 3,10
Stephanie - 4,6
Tanya - 5,16
Jan - 6,14
Ghandia - 7,12
Penny - 8,8
Jed - 9,1
Brian - 10,11
Robb - 11,5
Clay - 12,9
John - 13,13
Jake - 14,3
Ken - 15,7
Ted - 16,15

I notice that only John and Penny are the same. Could this possibly be something? I don't recall MB changing the opening before, but he may have. "First and last boot" seems obvious, but I'm not a numbers person, so I can't interpret any hidden meanings. I just wanted to point it out.

travelingbetty 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-27-02, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail travelingbetty Click to send private message to travelingbetty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: E1 and #2 sequences differ"
The opening shots have been rearranged to reflect the two tribes. MB didn't do that in the first episode to continue with the guise of having a male and female teams and that the actual teams had not been determined until into 1st ep.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-27-02, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: E1 and #2 sequences differ"
Just an aside, I also think that was what was behind all of the buff color changes in the pre-show and E1 intro pics. MB didn't want us to know about tribal make-up. Now that Ep. 1 is done, Robb's buff is purple again and airbrushed buffs have reappeared, b/c it doesn't matter anymore. Obviously same with the tribes.

addictedtoSB 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-27-02, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail addictedtoSB Click to send private message to addictedtoSB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Confessionals AND Hindsight....Episode Two"
Thanks for keeping track of the confession counts and symbolism. I noticed that all of the Chuay Gahn's who had no fire on their Tribal Council image are on Ghandia's list of Stars. I'll be watching to see if these change. Could they all end up at loser lodge and not make the merge? Just a thought.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-02, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Confessionals AND Hindsight....Episode Two"
Yeah, but wasn't Tanya on Gdiva's list of "stars"? I certainly wouldn't consider an Ep 2 boot a "star."

"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value." -- Arthur C. Clarke

addictedtoSB 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-27-02, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail addictedtoSB Click to send private message to addictedtoSB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Confessionals AND Hindsight....Episode Two"
I'm sorry if I didn't explain myself very well. I think that Ghandia's stars will not make the merge, more so now that Tanya is gone. I believe she got to know them better at loser lodge making them memorable and "stars" to her. I'm still speculating about how she chose "her stars" on the other tribe. Heck, she could remember them all from the introductions on the beach before they were split. Ken would be memorable as NY police officer, Shii Ann based on ethnicity (no offence meant,just that she would be "different" enough to remember), Jed is a cutie thus memorable and Robb well...come on the skateboard! Incedintally all but Shii havve the water image in the opening credits. Of course all this could be moot if G'diva proves not to be Ghandia. Just thought the parrallel between the "stars" and the fire vs no fire images at tribal vote were worth mentioning.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-27-02, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Confessionals AND Hindsight....Episode Two"
Thanks for posting this, I was hoping that someone would capture the opening sequence because I believe the winner is hiding in plain site there.

The tribal dynamic at Chuay is incredible, they display teamwork, true interest in the well being of the tribe and the well being of each other.

Snoocharoo

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-27-02, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "vote order indication"
Quite often, the person who starts the voting at TC is the one voted off that night. I noticed this last season, but I don't tape the episodes so I can't be sure. John was the first to vote last week, Tanya this week. It seems like the person who sits in Row1, Seat1 gets the boot:

Could be a coincidence, or could be that the crew has a pretty darn good idea of who is going to be booted that night and arranges the survivors so it's easier to get the loser off quickly.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-27-02, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: vote order indication"
Ya that is wicked annoying!!..I knew Tanya was going as soon as Jeff said "Tanya your first!"
This happens sooo much in survivor!!..I mean it happened in S4 alot and I remember both Diane and Jessie were first to go vote when they got voted off in S3..and Debb was first to vote when she got voted off in S2..This is either way coincidental..or we might as well post who is gettin voted off because they were first to vote even before the vote is tallied next week

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-02, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: vote order indication"
this could easily be done in editing (ie, MB changes the order of the actual voting on the tape) doesn't make it any less indicative of the boot, but does explain it without there having to be any great amount of foreknowledge or conspiracy

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-28-02, 03:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: vote order indication"
I have clay picked as the winner but I am still bitter from S4.
An undertheradar person could win it. yuck.
There are currently 3 UTR people.

ken
erin
penny

lets keep track of them and see how they do

"you can never escape, you can only move north up the coast"
-congratulations to Clay Jordan, the winner of survivor Thailand-

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •