The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Misdirection Episode 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-20-02, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Misdirection Episode 2"
ON THE NEXT SURVIVOR

Helen and Jan go in search of their water source, but find themselves completely off course without their map, and heading right into a nest of snakes.

The Chuay Gahn tribe spends a considerable amount of time away from Helen, who begins to feel paranoid but in the end is moved by their touching surprise. Nevertheless, she rubs Clay the wrong way.

Things are quite different at Sook Jai, where tensions are high and certain castaways choose to sleep away from their tribemates and shelter, moments before a downpour of rain.

A second castaway is voted off the island.

Polls

Which Tribe is strongest?

Sook Jai
Chuay Gahn
It's too soon to tell

Who's Next?

Stephanie is in first with 35 percent of the votes.
Tanya is in second with 12 percent of the votes.

Sole Survivor

Brian 7.49%
Clay 1.10%
Erin 2.25%
Ghandia 1.50%
Helen 3.34%
Jake 10.20%
Jan 1.84%
Jed 20.81%
Ken 15.16%
Penny 4.03%
Robb 2.82%
Shii Ann 9.39%
Stephanie 5.42%
Tanya 3.34%
Ted 10.78%

SURVIVOR STATS

Jed is the most popular Survivor in the Preshow Voting, with an impressive 84.4% popularity rating.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2 Kokoro 09-20-02 1
   RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2 weltek 09-20-02 3
       RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2 Icis 09-20-02 4
       RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2 Loree 09-20-02 7
           RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2 Cin 09-20-02 8
 RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2 SurvivinDawg 09-20-02 2
 Here are the one's who seperate fro... sweetpea 09-20-02 5
   RE: Here are the one's who seperate... ShowMeTheWinner 09-20-02 9
 RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2 GuessItRains 09-20-02 6
 RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2 Seyz 09-21-02 10
 Other possibilities snoocharoo 09-23-02 11
 CBS Episode 2 Press Release SurvivorBlows 09-24-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-20-02, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2"
<<Helen and Jan go in search of their water source, but find themselves completely off course without their map, and heading right into a nest of snakes.>>

Sounds like Helen's pistol-talk may not be just because she's mentally unstable. The comment may have been made out of fear of the snakes.

<<The Chuay Gahn tribe spends a considerable amount of time away from Helen, who begins to feel paranoid but in the end is moved by their touching surprise. Nevertheless, she rubs Clay the wrong way.>>

If this were Friends, I'd say it's a surprise party, but for the life of me I can't figure out what this big surprise for Helen could be. On another note, it does look like she is a bit alienated from the tribe, especially from Clay because of her vote. Since she pretty much gave one of the worst reasons while voting, I'd say she was definitely out of the loop for that Tribal Council. But the fact that it's mentioned here so freely says to me that it's all cleared up next episode and that she is ~not~ next.

<<Things are quite different at Sook Jai, where tensions are high and certain castaways choose to sleep away from their tribemates and shelter, moments before a downpour of rain.>>

Okay if it's Erin and Robb, I'm sure a lot of us will want to puke. Narrowing it down, the only person I can really think to take off the list is Jake. I don't see him becoming that close to individuals so quickly, plus he's all about the team spirit vibe. I also don't really see it being Penny or Shii, mainly because they're hard game players and will want to stay with the majority - however, since I believe Shii is a huge target next ep, it could very well be her.

It doesn't mention a "coupling" (as in "look out for romance) and it says "certain castaways" so that really doesn't mean they're all together either. Anyway, since it'd be a stupid move to leave the shelter when there's heavy rain, I'm going to go with the Robb/someone or Erin/someone or possibly Erin/Robb/someone (but probably not as a pair or as I mentioned, we'd have the relationship crap shoved down our throats again). These are just based on first impressions - I'm sure y'all have totally different thought processes going on ;)

<<Which Tribe is strongest?

Sook Jai
Chuay Gahn
It's too soon to tell
>>

Just the standard first episode poll - the results so far are very unextraordinary.

<<Who's Next?

SO FAR:

Stephanie is in first with 35 percent of the votes.
Tanya is in second with 12 percent of the votes.
>>

I'm not understanding this at all. Unless the viewing public as a whole suddenly got a hell of a lot more intelligent between Marquesas and Thailand, these are some very weird results. I can't even figure out where the boot Steph vibe comes from - as I saw it she was shown in a good light for the most part (minus the nakedness ;). And Tanya? Even in the most dire circumstances the sweethearts are usually nowhere near the top of the polls, especially since it looks like Tanya's sickness could very well get her booted soon. I'm not going to go into a CBS poll conspiracy theory, I'm just pointing out this oddity.

I've included the Sole Survivor poll stats for anyone who would like to compare them with past seasons (where another oddity comes up - how in the world did Kathy have a 40 something percent lead before Marquesas - as far as I could tell, almost everyone thought she would be gone quickly, even BEFORE we found out about her early abrasive personality. But as I said, I'm no conspiracy theorist ^-^;;)

Survivor Stats is on there for another reason. Jed is now most popular, but is that the ghosts of Jessie and Hunter calling him? Probably not - I don't see Jed going early, but I guess anything's possible.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-02, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2"

>
><<Things are quite different at Sook Jai, where tensions are high and certain castaways choose to sleep away from their tribemates and shelter, moments before a downpour of rain.>>
>
>Okay if it's Erin and Robb,
>I'm sure a lot of
>us will want to puke.
I
>also don't really see it
>being Penny or Shii, mainly
>because they're hard game players
>and will want to stay
>with the majority - however,
>since I believe Shii is
>a huge target next ep,
>it could very well be
>her.
>

I don't know why you don't think it could be Shii. She walked off during a confrontation and sat by herself in a tree during the storm. Sounds like Shii and a companion (seemed to get along with Stephanie best) or Erin & Robb just because they are dumb.

Icis 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-20-02, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Icis Click to send private message to Icis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2"
I agree that the most likely candidate to sleep on his/her own is Shii.

Since it is such a stupid move, I would normally pick Robb, but he spent the entire first couple of days demanding that the shelter be built before all else. Remember his snide comment, "See why shelter is sooo important?" when it began to rain? I really doubt that he would choose to sleep anywhere but in his precious shelter.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2"
Shii was my first thought too. I remembered her walking off alone and sitting alone in the tree in the rain. Seems rather stubborn like the "doesn't know when to come in out of the rain" type. And I agree it probably wouldn't be a couple because the romantic stuff would be mentioned. I was thinking Shii Ann and one or two of the other females.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-20-02, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2"
What is bad is if she does cut herself off from the group, they would prolly vote her out first instead of Robb (god forbid) because she's not makeing an effort to "get along"

Cin

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-02, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2"
Thanks for posting, kokoro. Good info.

Looks like Clay is going to get into conflict with several persons.

It also looks like SeeBS wants us to think a lot about Helen. Ya think she might really be safe?

"Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-20-02, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Here are the one's who seperate from tribe"

>
>Things are quite different at Sook
>Jai, where tensions are high
>and certain castaways choose to
>sleep away from their tribemates
>and shelter, moments before a
>downpour of rain.
>
>
Well, based on this cap, looks like Shi Ann, Jed and can't tell if it is Erin or Stephanie as the third castaway who decide to sleep away from their tribe.

Also, think that "The Great Divide" must refer to the Sook Jai tribe. Is this the formation of an alliance between Jake, Penny and ? vs. Shi Ann, Jed and ?

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-20-02, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Here are the one's who seperate from tribe"
I get the same impression that "The Great Divide" will be the Purple Team. The Red Team seems to be a more united team and everyone seems to get along fine on that team despite everything-- just look at the emotions they felt during their first TC!

I think the people who slept away from the teams are Shii Ann, Jed, and perhaps Stephanie (can anyone enhance the image please?). The people discussing about them are Jake, (Ken or Rob?), and Penny. It'll be interesting to see if the divide is split evenly into 4 vs. 4 or not. Let's pray that Shii Ann wins over Robb if there's a tie-breaker.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-20-02, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2"
There's usually little but misdirection in both the previews and the CBS website. So my take would be as follows

* If Chewing Gum goes to TC, we are going to be shown a bunch of scenes of incompetent Helen getting lost, getting scared, and not getting along with Clay. She'll probably pick up a vote or two at TC but survive (likely at the expense of Tanya...shades of the Jessie boot in E2 of S3).

* More likely the Stupid Guy tribe will go to TC, with people lining up along the same lines as the rain shelter split. I base this mainly on the fact that we aren't being told (yet) who those people are. My initial guess would be Shii v. Robb w/ Shii perhaps getting the boot under the OFG theory.

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-21-02, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CBS Misdirection Episode 2"
MB is clever.. sometimes he puts the bootee right in front of our eyes.. and we dismiss it as being too obvious.

Remember how patricia was featured in the previews as being bossy and she left exactly the next episode. I was really surprised by how MB shoved that in our faces. Similarly with Hunter, and his own individual commercials right before his boot.

So I think Helen and Shii Ann might be in some trouble.
I'm a bit more worried about Shii Ann, because she's arguably had the most face time in the Sook Jai tribe already, but then again Kathy was also the most featured in Rotu at the beginning.

I have sneaking feeling that Penny makes it pretty far into the game just because of the lack of face time. I definitely hope not though, she seems like the most boring female in the Sook Jai tribe.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-23-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Other possibilities"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-02 AT 04:00 PM (EST)

Snoocharoo

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-02, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "CBS Episode 2 Press Release"
HELEN AND JAN GET LOST WHILE IN SEARCH OF THEIR WATER SOURCE,
ON "SURVIVOR: THAILAND" THURSDAY, SEPT. 26

"The Great Divide" – Helen and Jan get lost while in search of their water source, on SURVIVOR: THAILAND, Thursday, Sept. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Forgetting to take the map, the two women wind up missing for hours. To make matters worse, Helen becomes nervous when the rest of her tribe spends a considerable amount of time avoiding her, but in the end is moved by their touching surprise. Meanwhile, tensions are running high among the tribe mates at Sook Jai, resulting in certain castaways’ decision to sleep away from the shelter just as a downpour of rain hits their beach.

And the second person is voted out of the tribe.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •