The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Danielle White- shafted?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Turkishdelights 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-17-03, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Turkishdelights Click to send private message to Turkishdelights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Danielle White- shafted?"
Right... so on nearly every American Juniors fan board I read, one thing remains constant- Danielle White has got a supremely amazing voice and she's usually near the top of most people's list of favourites. Why, then, does she remain out of the top three each week? If so many people want her to succeed in this competition, how do talentless rejects like AJ and Chauncy get up there? The only reason I can think of is that she doesn't put on the (tacky) razzle dazzle bravado that some of the others use *cough* Tori and Taylor *cough*... but that just shows that she's a classy singer, relying on her pure talent alone.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Danielle White- shafted? Rikker Mortis 07-17-03 1
   RE: Danielle White- shafted? tattoohater 07-18-03 2
 RE: Danielle White- shafted? managerr 07-18-03 3
   Danielle White- WILL HAVE HER MOMEN... TODDLJ 07-18-03 4
       RE: Danielle White- WILL HAVE HER M... Rikker Mortis 07-18-03 5
 RE: Danielle White- shafted? munson 07-18-03 6
   RE: Danielle White- shafted? Rikker Mortis 07-19-03 7
       RE: Danielle White- shafted? munson 07-19-03 8
           RE: Danielle White- shafted? spinningwords 08-01-03 14
 RE: Danielle White- shafted? JessieRose818 07-19-03 9
   RE: Danielle White- shafted? Turkishdelights 07-19-03 10
       RE: Danielle White- shafted? JessieRose818 07-20-03 11
 RE: Danielle White- shafted? managerr 07-22-03 12
   RE: Danielle White- shafted? Rikker Mortis 07-22-03 13
   RE: Danielle White- shafted? spinningwords 08-01-03 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rikker Mortis 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-17-03, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rikker%20Mortis Click to send private message to Rikker%20Mortis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Danielle White- shafted?"
Absolutely. She has talent but apparently doesnt reach the demographics that A.J. is trying to reach which is either brainless tennyboppers or fashionites not interested in actual singing ability. And you know what? She wont make it into the group. I have no doubt about that, and until American Idol/Juniors actually starts releasing the vote counts to prove this show isnt crooked, no one will ever be able to convince me that she didnt get the shaft. It wouldnt surprise me if they not only found a way to keep Danielle out (which they have right now) but to get AJ & Chauncey in (which they will) but i also expect them to get idiotic soon-to-be-singing-on-a-gay-cruise-ship Morgan in at the expense of Chantel. I dont think it matters who people vote for. I have absolutely no doubt they had their Top 5 planned out from the start.

tattoohater 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-18-03, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tattoohater Click to send private message to tattoohater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Danielle White- shafted?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-03 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

I voted 50 times for Danielle last week and I will vote 100 times for her this week. She is the class of this contest, no doubt

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-18-03, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Danielle White- shafted?"
I think she had the same fan base as Tori/Taylor did. She'll make it in (Top 3) next week. You can tell not making the Top 3 is absolutely eating at her. She looked utterly dissappointed, she knows she is the best singer there.

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-18-03, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Danielle White- WILL HAVE HER MOMENT SOON!"
I agree, managerr, Tori fans voted for her and her alone this week, leaving the dregs to everyone else. I bet Tori beat Chauncey by a huge number. Now that Taylor and Tori are out of the way, their fan base will shift to voting for deserving members like Danielle, Chantel and Lucy (If there is a god in heaven) and people like Chauncey (who is so inconsistant and will no doubt suck next week) and A.J. (the hype is manufactured, his talent is middle-of-the-road) will be pushed aside. I can't see the Tori voters picking Chauncey... sorry, but I can't.

07-18-03, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rikker%20Mortis Click to send private message to Rikker%20Mortis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Danielle White- WILL HAVE HER MOMENT SOON!"
i truly, sincerely hope you are right.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-18-03, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Danielle White- shafted?"
I think this is more about poor song selection than talent. Every time I see Danielle perform I think, "Great voice, wrong, bad, why did they do that to you song."

Do the kids get to pick their own songs or are they assigned? I can't imagine these kids searching a '69 and '70 songbook for something to sing.

That said, I'm just about convinced that Lucy Hale will be big time. Real soon.

If this isn't an all girl group when all is said and done, then talent really wasn't the determining factor.

07-19-03, 09:40 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Danielle White- shafted?"
see, now i dunno. i disagree. I think danielle has had the most consistently good song selection. well, maybe her and jordan. anything danielle sings will give you the chills and the fact that "good morning starshine" with all those confusing lyrics which she nailed wasnt apparently "good" enough to get her in, i just dont know what else she can do.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-19-03, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Danielle White- shafted?"
Fair enough. Let me restate that as I haven't liked her songs. I wouldn't like "Starshine" regardless of the performer.

I hate to even bring this up because I truly think Danielle is talented and has a beautiful voice, but...she just lacks that "star" vibe, that Clay Aiken aura, that Tori Thompson sparkle.

My next three are Lucy, Chantel and Danielle, in that order.

spinningwords 96 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-03, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spinningwords Click to send private message to spinningwords Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Danielle White- shafted?"
I don't agree that Danielle has been shafted. She may have a "pretty voice" but it's hardly a beautiful voice. Furthermore she appears to lack what some of the others have the "star" quality or sparkle.

I made another post over in the playability section about Danille - I don't think Danielle is appropriate for this or any other group...not at this time anyhow. I see her as trying too hard to be another Tori/Taylor and she needs to develop herself for who SHE is. Only then will she possibly have a chance at being a star.

Spinning

JessieRose818 17 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-03, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessieRose818 Click to send private message to JessieRose818 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Danielle White- shafted?"
I don't know what you are talking about! Yeah danny (danielle) is my favorite, but chauncy is really good and the thompsons are really really good! they are all talented kids. they are really sweet. I met all of them, my aunt works on the show. the thompsons are really nice. they have what it takes to be famous!!! please e-mail me....you know i am right!

Turkishdelights 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-19-03, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Turkishdelights Click to send private message to Turkishdelights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Danielle White- shafted?"
Hmm... well, I agree that they are all talented and no doubt nice as can be... it's just that some of the kids are waaaaay more talented than others... Danielle, Lucy, and Chantal outclass the other competition by leaps and bounds.

JessieRose818 17 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-03, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessieRose818 Click to send private message to JessieRose818 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Danielle White- shafted?"
i agree too, i think they all have star quality! danielle has that "plain but perfect" voice. you can tell she loves to be up there, i think all she really needs is that little "push" to make the crowd love her. lucy no doubt should get her own contract as a solo artist.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-22-03, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Danielle White- shafted?"
Poor Danielle. She must have been so distraught from not having made the top 3 that she tried a (bad) Tori impersonation tonight. Ouch. Might keep her out of the Top 3 again.

07-22-03, 11:27 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Danielle White- shafted?"
it was pretty bad, but in what must be a severe case of irony, i went to another message board for AJ and it had hundreds of posters on it and almost all ranked Dani's performance as one of the 2 highlights of the night along with Katelyn, so go figure...what has to be Dani's worst performance might be the one to get her into the Top 3 BECAUSE it was a bad Tori imitation.

spinningwords 96 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-03, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spinningwords Click to send private message to spinningwords Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Danielle White- shafted?"
>Poor Danielle. She must have
>been so distraught from not
>having made the top 3
>that she tried a (bad)
>Tori impersonation tonight. Ouch.
> Might keep her out
>of the Top 3 again.
>
Dannielle didn't learn the first time..... Anyone notice the Tori impersonation last week? Albeit a bit toned down but still Tori?

"Avoid unnecessary, inessential and needless repetition and redundancy"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •