URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 288
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Danielle White- shafted?"

Posted by Turkishdelights on 07-17-03 at 10:16 PM
Right... so on nearly every American Juniors fan board I read, one thing remains constant- Danielle White has got a supremely amazing voice and she's usually near the top of most people's list of favourites. Why, then, does she remain out of the top three each week? If so many people want her to succeed in this competition, how do talentless rejects like AJ and Chauncy get up there? The only reason I can think of is that she doesn't put on the (tacky) razzle dazzle bravado that some of the others use *cough* Tori and Taylor *cough*... but that just shows that she's a classy singer, relying on her pure talent alone.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Danielle White- shafted?"
Posted by Rikker Mortis on 07-17-03 at 11:25 PM
Absolutely. She has talent but apparently doesnt reach the demographics that A.J. is trying to reach which is either brainless tennyboppers or fashionites not interested in actual singing ability. And you know what? She wont make it into the group. I have no doubt about that, and until American Idol/Juniors actually starts releasing the vote counts to prove this show isnt crooked, no one will ever be able to convince me that she didnt get the shaft. It wouldnt surprise me if they not only found a way to keep Danielle out (which they have right now) but to get AJ & Chauncey in (which they will) but i also expect them to get idiotic soon-to-be-singing-on-a-gay-cruise-ship Morgan in at the expense of Chantel. I dont think it matters who people vote for. I have absolutely no doubt they had their Top 5 planned out from the start.

Posted by tattoohater on 07-18-03 at 04:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-18-03 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

I voted 50 times for Danielle last week and I will vote 100 times for her this week. She is the class of this contest, no doubt

Posted by managerr on 07-18-03 at 05:40 PM
I think she had the same fan base as Tori/Taylor did. She'll make it in (Top 3) next week. You can tell not making the Top 3 is absolutely eating at her. She looked utterly dissappointed, she knows she is the best singer there.

"Danielle White- WILL HAVE HER MOMENT SOON!"
Posted by TODDLJ on 07-18-03 at 06:21 PM
I agree, managerr, Tori fans voted for her and her alone this week, leaving the dregs to everyone else. I bet Tori beat Chauncey by a huge number. Now that Taylor and Tori are out of the way, their fan base will shift to voting for deserving members like Danielle, Chantel and Lucy (If there is a god in heaven) and people like Chauncey (who is so inconsistant and will no doubt suck next week) and A.J. (the hype is manufactured, his talent is middle-of-the-road) will be pushed aside. I can't see the Tori voters picking Chauncey... sorry, but I can't.

"RE: Danielle White- WILL HAVE HER MOMENT SOON!"
Posted by Rikker Mortis on 07-18-03 at 08:16 PM
i truly, sincerely hope you are right.

Posted by munson on 07-18-03 at 11:52 PM
I think this is more about poor song selection than talent. Every time I see Danielle perform I think, "Great voice, wrong, bad, why did they do that to you song."

Do the kids get to pick their own songs or are they assigned? I can't imagine these kids searching a '69 and '70 songbook for something to sing.

That said, I'm just about convinced that Lucy Hale will be big time. Real soon.

If this isn't an all girl group when all is said and done, then talent really wasn't the determining factor.

Posted by Rikker Mortis on 07-19-03 at 09:40 AM
see, now i dunno. i disagree. I think danielle has had the most consistently good song selection. well, maybe her and jordan. anything danielle sings will give you the chills and the fact that "good morning starshine" with all those confusing lyrics which she nailed wasnt apparently "good" enough to get her in, i just dont know what else she can do.

Posted by munson on 07-19-03 at 07:59 PM
Fair enough. Let me restate that as I haven't liked her songs. I wouldn't like "Starshine" regardless of the performer.

I hate to even bring this up because I truly think Danielle is talented and has a beautiful voice, but...she just lacks that "star" vibe, that Clay Aiken aura, that Tori Thompson sparkle.

My next three are Lucy, Chantel and Danielle, in that order.

Posted by spinningwords on 08-01-03 at 06:56 PM
I don't agree that Danielle has been shafted. She may have a "pretty voice" but it's hardly a beautiful voice. Furthermore she appears to lack what some of the others have the "star" quality or sparkle.

I made another post over in the playability section about Danille - I don't think Danielle is appropriate for this or any other group...not at this time anyhow. I see her as trying too hard to be another Tori/Taylor and she needs to develop herself for who SHE is. Only then will she possibly have a chance at being a star.

Spinning

Posted by JessieRose818 on 07-19-03 at 10:46 PM
I don't know what you are talking about! Yeah danny (danielle) is my favorite, but chauncy is really good and the thompsons are really really good! they are all talented kids. they are really sweet. I met all of them, my aunt works on the show. the thompsons are really nice. they have what it takes to be famous!!! please e-mail me....you know i am right!

Posted by Turkishdelights on 07-19-03 at 11:16 PM
Hmm... well, I agree that they are all talented and no doubt nice as can be... it's just that some of the kids are waaaaay more talented than others... Danielle, Lucy, and Chantal outclass the other competition by leaps and bounds.

Posted by JessieRose818 on 07-20-03 at 11:09 AM
i agree too, i think they all have star quality! danielle has that "plain but perfect" voice. you can tell she loves to be up there, i think all she really needs is that little "push" to make the crowd love her. lucy no doubt should get her own contract as a solo artist.

Posted by managerr on 07-22-03 at 10:53 PM
Poor Danielle. She must have been so distraught from not having made the top 3 that she tried a (bad) Tori impersonation tonight. Ouch. Might keep her out of the Top 3 again.

Posted by Rikker Mortis on 07-22-03 at 11:27 PM
it was pretty bad, but in what must be a severe case of irony, i went to another message board for AJ and it had hundreds of posters on it and almost all ranked Dani's performance as one of the 2 highlights of the night along with Katelyn, so go figure...what has to be Dani's worst performance might be the one to get her into the Top 3 BECAUSE it was a bad Tori imitation.

Posted by spinningwords on 08-01-03 at 06:59 PM
>Poor Danielle. She must have
>been so distraught from not
>having made the top 3
>that she tried a (bad)
>Tori impersonation tonight. Ouch.
> Might keep her out
>of the Top 3 again.
>
Dannielle didn't learn the first time..... Anyone notice the Tori impersonation last week? Albeit a bit toned down but still Tori?

"Avoid unnecessary, inessential and needless repetition and redundancy"