The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Star Wars Theme??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-03-07, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Star Wars Theme??"
That gave tacky a bad name! That music was so lame that I ended up watching the dance with sound off. Fortunately, the judges were able to get past that drek to score the dance.

OTOH, maybe that music damaged their neuropathways, which explains their comments about Leeza.

The hills are alive with the sigs of Tribe

What if imagination and art are not frosting at all, but the fountainhead of human experience?
—Rollo May

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Star Wars Theme?? mistyrose52 04-03-07 1
 RE: Star Wars Theme?? finallytyping 04-03-07 2
   RE: Star Wars Theme?? qwertypie 04-03-07 3
   RE: Star Wars Theme?? byoffer 04-03-07 4
       RE: Star Wars Theme?? Magnolia_Rocker 04-03-07 5
           RE: Star Wars Theme?? qwertypie 04-03-07 6
 RE: Star Wars Theme?? qwertypie 04-04-07 7
   RE: Star Wars Theme?? finallytyping 04-04-07 8
       RE: Star Wars Theme?? qwertypie 04-04-07 11
           RE: Star Wars Theme?? finallytyping 04-04-07 13
 RE: Star Wars Theme?? StarryLuna 04-04-07 9
   RE: Star Wars Theme?? Magnolia_Rocker 04-04-07 10
       RE: Star Wars Theme?? finallytyping 04-04-07 12
           RE: Star Wars Theme?? LisaPles 04-05-07 14
               RE: Star Wars Theme?? bruma 04-05-07 15
                   RE: Star Wars Theme?? qwertypie 04-06-07 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-03-07, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
Oh yeah-that was cheesy at its finest! I was a bit disappointed in the whole night. The judges had something up their rears, for sure. No one got anything above an 8!

I think there needs to be some rearranging, but Star Wars just doesn't cut it! Oh well, maybe he'll chock that one up to 'one of the lamest moments in my life' and move on.......

finallytyping 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-03-07, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
Ugh! I agree. One of the things I love about the Tango
is the traditional sound of the music. During this dance
I didn't notice one step. All I could think of was how
horrible the music was. They could have at least dressed up
as Jar Jar and Jabba the Hut. That I might have watched.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-07, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
SNORT! Who would wear the Princess Leia bikini tho?

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-07, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
They could have at least dressed up as Jar Jar and Jabba the Hut.

Kym dressed up as Jar Jar? Or Jabba??? I think her Princess Leia outfit was very nice, thank you very much.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-03-07, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
I was disappointed she didn't have the cinnamon rolls hairdo though.

A Tribe Original!

04-03-07, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
Would have interfered with the head snaps.

04-04-07, 10:30 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
Oh.My.Heck!
DH finally got to see that dance at the callback (I just couldn't do it justice with my description). When he finally got his voice back -- one of the few times I've seen him speechless -- he was muttering things like 'whole extinct civilizations are rolling in their graves', 'cultural armageddon', etc. Poor guy kept shaking his head as images of that routine kept replaying in his brain.

04-04-07, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
They really, really, really should have followed my suggestion.
Their bad. They only way that dance would work would be if
it were a complete satire. It was ridiculous to take them
seriously.

04-04-07, 04:39 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
I think I get your point, if it was more over the top, they would have sold it better?

I just could not get past his big bum sticking out. And people say I have a booty.

04-04-07, 05:43 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
Yes! But then I'm sure Len would have said that he
didn't like all the dramatic nonsense. I'm really surprised
he tolerated the theme music.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-04-07, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
Well, I feel like a real big loser now because I enjoyed it and I was happy to see it again on Wednesday. They were given an insane piece of music and I thought they had a good time with it and still incorporated the dance. Not that I know much about the tango except what they show us it should look like and whatever Qwerty says.

Luna's Eclipses

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-04-07, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
Hehe, you're not alone Luna. I enjoyed the routine too. It gave me the same good feeling that Drew and Cheryl's "Thriller" routine gave me back in season 2. Very entertaining.

A Tribe Original!

04-04-07, 04:42 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
I actually lvoed the "Thriller" routine. I think because
MJ is more of a dancer than Luke Skywalker, I think it
worked. I watched the Thriller routine several times over.
I just don't see the connection between Star Wars and a Tango.
Maybe a Paso Doble? Then the fighting with a light saber might
have worked. JMO!

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-05-07, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
I think the dancing was even worse than the score. I don't know why the judges seemed to love it because I thought the choreography was boring.
I loved the Thriller thing because the band rocked it! Drew and Cheryl were awesome, too and I also re-watched it several times!

bruma 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-05-07, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bruma Click to send private message to bruma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
Yes, I agree that the Star Wars theme was a bad choice for Tango. We have seen the music video to Thriller so people dancing to that music isn't that unusual. Star Wars - not a dance-able type of music. I still like somewhat traditional music to Tango. If memory serves, I watched an interview once where the participants were talking about how much they have to do in a short time while doing this competition. I remember them saying that once the show is over - they decide on music and costumes. Seems like they have some say so in the final decision. Besides - since Joey was such a big Star Wars fan - he might have picked it just for that reason. I did like Kym's outfit and his suit - the brown theme of their costumes was a nice break of the usual black.

04-06-07, 10:16 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Star Wars Theme??"
Reflecting more on this routine, for me personally, it would have been a little better if they had chosen a version without the R2D2 sound effects.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •