The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Ep12 Vid Caps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-10-02, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Ep12 Vid Caps"
Hey Bungler AKA speedy gonsalez there are some new vid caps over at survivor fever hint hint....

http://survivorfever.net/ep12-promo2.html

VO: 2 Episodes left, 5 Survivors remain, it's all come down to this.
Kathy: Tensions are way too high.
VO: 2 Factions.
Sean: We're leaning towards getting rid of Neleh or Pap.
VO: 1 Swing Vote
Kathy: I have to make a decision which way to go.
VO: If you thought getting immunity was important before...now it's critical.
JP: GO
VO: Win...go to the finals, Lose...you could go home.
Sean: Stay tuned.
Here are a few caps

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps NorthOfBoston 05-10-02 1
 RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps corcam 05-10-02 2
   RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps Naked 05-11-02 7
       Pappy w/immunity necklace ulalame 05-11-02 10
           RE: Pappy w/immunity necklace Naked 05-12-02 12
               hold your horses shakes the clown 05-12-02 13
                   RE: hold your horses SurvivinDawg 05-13-02 35
                   RE: hold your horses Naked 05-14-02 54
 RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps corcam 05-10-02 3
 Pappy Has What Around His Neck? sweetpea 05-10-02 4
   RE: Pappy Has What Around His Neck? katem 05-11-02 8
       RE: Pappy Has What Around His Neck? Spidey 05-11-02 9
           RE: Pappy Has What Around His Neck? TeamJoisey 05-12-02 11
               Pappy definitely does NOT win Immun... shakes the clown 05-12-02 14
                   Doesn't Look Like the Necklace... IceCat 05-12-02 15
                       RE: Doesn't Look Like the Necklace.... Tumbler 05-12-02 16
                       RE: Doesn't Look Like the Necklace.... Spidey 05-12-02 17
                           RE: Doesn't Look Like the Necklace.... PepeLePew13 05-13-02 33
                               RE: Doesn't Look Like the Necklace.... Mikami 05-14-02 61
 RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps katem 05-11-02 5
   RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps corcam 05-11-02 6
 Animated Close Up of Pappy Falling.... IceCat 05-12-02 18
   RE: Animated Close Up of Pappy Fall... munson 05-12-02 20
   RE: Animated Close Up of Pappy Fall... TeamJoisey 05-12-02 29
       Consider This... IceCat 05-13-02 31
           RE: Consider This... Mikami 05-14-02 62
 RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps Bungler 05-12-02 19
   RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps katem 05-12-02 21
   RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps Bungler 05-12-02 22
       RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps Bungler 05-12-02 23
           RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps true 05-12-02 24
               Kathy and the "Missing" Backpack sweetpea 05-12-02 30
                   RE: Kathy and the "Missing" Backpac... pisspoorprotoplasm 05-13-02 43
           RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps munson 05-12-02 25
           RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps Bungler 05-12-02 27
       it ain't Pappy, but it might be hel... shakes the clown 05-12-02 26
           Unlikely Neleh has Necklace... IceCat 05-13-02 32
               Does Kathy's placement tip her hand... PagongRatEater 05-13-02 39
               RE: Unlikely Neleh has Necklace... starshyn99 05-13-02 40
                   RE: Unlikely Neleh has Necklace... PagongRatEater 05-13-02 41
               RE: Unlikely Neleh has Necklace... I_AM_HE 05-13-02 50
               RE: Unlikely Neleh has Necklace... corcam 05-13-02 52
       and the last few...my work is done Bungler 05-12-02 28
   RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps PepeLePew13 05-13-02 34
       visuals sorgee 05-13-02 36
           WOW jkokoj 05-13-02 38
               RE: WOW CamO01 05-13-02 47
       RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps mistofleas 05-13-02 37
           RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps forehead 05-13-02 42
               RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps bondt007 05-13-02 45
                   RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps Mikami 05-14-02 64
           Heya Misty! IceCat 05-13-02 48
               RE: Heya Misty! mistofleas 05-13-02 51
       RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps infinitesurvivor 05-13-02 46
 Sean the prophet? frisky 05-13-02 44
   RE: Sean the prophet? FesterFan1 05-13-02 49
 RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps Napalm in the Morning 05-14-02 53
 Kathy's backpack Java 05-14-02 55
   RE: Kathy's backpack FesterFan1 05-14-02 56
       RE: Kathy's backpack zzz 05-14-02 57
       RE: Kathy's backpack infinitesurvivor 05-14-02 58
           RE: Kathy's backpack strone 05-14-02 59
           RE: Kathy's backpack danderoo 05-14-02 60
           It's NOT a backpack, OK? FesterFan1 05-14-02 63
               RE: It's NOT a backpack, OK? ivoryElephant 05-14-02 65
                   RE: It's NOT a backpack, OK? zzz 05-14-02 67
               RE: It's NOT a backpack, OK? toddE 05-14-02 66
                   RE: It's NOT a backpack, OK? Spike212 05-14-02 68
                       Now there's a great first post! IceCat 05-14-02 69
                           RE: Now there's a great first post! FesterFan1 05-14-02 70
                               RE: Now there's a great first post! Spike212 05-14-02 72
       RE: Kathy's backpack corcam 05-14-02 71
           RE: Kathy's backpack danderoo 05-15-02 73
           RE: Kathy's backpack Spidey 05-15-02 74
               RE: Kathy's backpack jayseae 05-16-02 75

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-10-02, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
I checked out those caps at SurvivorFever, thanks for the tip;

One thing to speculate on: the fact that Sean is shown right after the "Lose... you could go home" VO. That makes me believe that he DOESN'T get voted out.

05-10-02, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
Hey there guys, Bungler I was bored so I did them hopefully they turn out alright and I got them in the right order, it said something about them being clearer after they air them.
God I hope I got them in order.

Naked 887 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-11-02, 04:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
If you examine the pics of the tribal council walk, then I'm pretty sure that you can see Pappy with that big ugly necklace. he is the last in line.

We also have two challenges featured. one being the rehashed challenge being held in the day as an RC challenge (winner probably gets a Saturn SUV) , and the IC challenge being at night. probably the story challenge.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-02, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Pappy w/immunity necklace"
Can anyone do a close-up of the frame where it appears Pappy has the immunity necklace on? Me of the poor eyesight can't really make this out. I actually do think it's likely that Pappy gets immunity this episode and gives it to Neleh, as it would play very well into the "Tale of Two Cities" theme, but it would be great to have video imagery confirming this for certain.

05-12-02, 05:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Naked Click to send private message to Naked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Pappy w/immunity necklace"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-02 AT 05:11 AM (EST)

I just enlarged it in Paint, but this might help...

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/3cde2fa80ae5524d

It is still not 100% conclusive, but I am pretty sure that the person on the far left is wearing the IN. This person looks to be Pappy. One thing for sure in this is that Sean and Vee, who are up front, are not wearing a necklace.

edited to shout out to the cat...
If we can get an animated cap of the TC walk sequence, then we might be able to determine better who has the necklace...

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-12-02, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "hold your horses"
> It is still not 100%
>conclusive, but I am pretty
>sure that the person on
>the far left is wearing
>the IN. This person looks
>to be Pappy.

....I don't see how on Earth you can look at that picture and tell me that you are pretty sure that one, it is Pappy, and two, that he has the IN around his neck. All I see is a dark blur of a person and no hint whatsover of the necklace.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-02, 06:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: hold your horses"
Must agree with The Clown here. First, correct me if I am wrong, but Paschal has always worn his blue shirt to Tribal Council. Only the person in the middle looks like they're wearing a dark (blue) shirt. Second, maybe my eyesight is as bad as I think it is, but the last person in that group looks more like Kathy than Pappy.

Maybe if I drink a few more scotch & amaretto "godfathers", it'll become clearer.

"Pappy, you smuggled! I'm so proud of you!" -- Neleh Dennis

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

05-14-02, 01:31 AM (EST)
54. "RE: hold your horses"
Shakes,

You're right, it looks like I jumped the gun on this one. With Bunglers new pics down below on this thread, and Ice Cats blown up shots, It is Kathy, not Pappy that was that blur.

I wouldn't quite count Pappy out on winning IC yet though. Kathy is probably not wearing the necklace in this pic, Sean, and Vee are definately not wearing it. Ice Cat says that Nelleh is not wearing it, but Pappy is not seen enough in the clear pics to even speculate wether he is wearing it or not.

With the IC being the story challenge (conjecture), I believe that this would favor him.

05-10-02, 09:31 PM (EST)
3. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
Ok I got them up there I did forget to block out the wording to make it easier to see but I guess it was a good first attempt

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-10-02, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Pappy Has What Around His Neck?"
This is being discussed over at Mess and Surviior. Until the Great Bungler can cap them for us, I brought blur2k's
caps from Mess over here. It shows Pappy with something around his neck--either the IN or keys and holding a lit torch? When you watch the video on cbs.com you can see him tripping or falling to the ground. Also, notice the word Lose on one of this caps.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-02, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pappy Has What Around His Neck?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-02 AT 10:54 AM (EST)

I stole this from Dawg's misdirection thread:

"Next Week On Survivor
Kathy is torn when she finds a potentially pivotal decision before her.
While one castaway celebrates jubilantly, Paschal is less than pleased after arriving at an important determination about two tribemates.
Tensions arise at an uncomfortable campfire meeting and erupt the next night at Tribal Council.
A twelfth castaway is voted out, determining the Final Four. "

Now, if the person in this caps is really Pappy wearing the IN, is he the castaway that is celebrating jubilantly that the CBS website promotes?

The above website preview makes me think that it is not Paschal that wins IN, but maybe Vee or Sean. Maybe the celebration is over winning the SUV.

What do you all think?

>
>
>

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-02, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pappy Has What Around His Neck?"

>
>
>>
>>
>>

This looks to me like Pappy walking to TC with the immunity necklace. If so, to me this means a few things:

The combo challenge is the RC, not IC. Do you really think Pappy can beat Sean, Vee and Kathy in such a strenuous physical challenge on land? They are all clothed, so likely no water involved. So a likely RC win for Sean, maybe Kathy or Vee. Any one of them would celebrate jubulantly if they won a car. Vee would again thank her teammate J.C., Kathy would squeal like she did when Patrick won the family RC and Sean would probably be pretty likely to show everyone how pleased he is with himself too.

The IC must be the story or something else we haven't thought of. Pappy the Judge could easily win a mental challenge, especially one that requires memorization.

Lastly, this lends support to the theory that Paps given IN to Neleh and takes a walk because of it, a la the nobel sacrifice in Tale of Two Cities. (The title may also mean the story may also be about two Marquesan cities and kathy has to pick btw. P/N & S/V) A number of the titles this season have had several meanings, such as The "Princess."

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-12-02, 02:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Pappy Has What Around His Neck?"

>>>
>
>This looks to me like Pappy
>walking to TC with the
>immunity necklace.

Sorry Spidey, but I think you are wrong about this one. The necklace Pappy wearing is a metal hoop, not a string. Secondly, the immunity necklace has many white teeth-like objects of various sizes, but none as large as those two shown in the photo. And there appears to be only two items on this ring. It looks to me more like a keyring of some sort.

Perhaps they'll hunt for the lock that Keith Famie dropped?

05-12-02, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Pappy definitely does NOT win Immunity?"

>The necklace Pappy wearing is
>a metal hoop, not a
>string. Secondly, the immunity necklace
>has many white teeth-like objects
>of various sizes, but none
>as large as those two
>shown in the photo.
>And there appears to be
>only two items on this
>ring. It looks to me
>more like a keyring of
>some sort.

.....assuming this is from the walk to TC does this mean we can state with certainty that Pappy does NOT win immunity since that thing on his neck appears to NOT be the necklace.

using the other walk-to-TC pic's we might be able to narrow down our IC candidates to one or two people based on the process of elimination.

Calling out the Cat, we really need your vidcap analysis expertise on this one.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-02, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Doesn't Look Like the Necklace..."
I found a good pic of the necklace and enlarged it and isolated it:

I enlarged the pappy falling pics from captured frame number 1 and number 3:

The following anims try to superimpose the actual necklace over the falling pappy pics:

The necklace pieces (the pairs of boars tusks on the sides and the fish-like tiki in the center) don't quite match up. The only way that this object around pappy's neck is the immunity necklace is if the one of the boar's tusks is obscured on Pappy's right shoulder and both tusks are obscured on his left. This is theoretically possible if he is wearing his backpack to TC and the straps are covering portions of the necklace. The straps trapping the necklace against Pappy's shoulders would also explain why the 'necklace' doesn't appear to drape properly. That's a bit of a long shot, though.

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

Tumbler 108 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-02, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tumbler Click to send private message to Tumbler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Doesn't Look Like the Necklace..."
Damn! I think I have been staring at these pictures too long. All I can see is what looks like a black inner-tube with two white stripes on it. Does anyone else see it that way at all, or do I need an appointment with the eye doctor.

Tumbler

05-12-02, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Doesn't Look Like the Necklace..."
OK, you guys are right. This does not look like the IN. Then what the F is it???

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 06:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Doesn't Look Like the Necklace..."
>OK, you guys are right.
>This does not look like
>the IN. Then what
>the F is it???

Simple... it's a crude key-type of thing that they'll need to pick up and put around their necks during the IC. In S2 they had a night IC where Keith lost his padlock and Colby ended up winning immunity. Maybe this is their way of trying to avoid a drop of items as they scurry around from station to station... It also fits with the Pappy falling scenes -- he's more apt to fall during a competition than simply walking to TC.

GO HABS!
"I'm the General and that's that."
Robert DeCanio, April 11/02

Mikami 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-14-02, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mikami Click to send private message to Mikami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Doesn't Look Like the Necklace..."
Sorry about your Habs Pepe. Sorry this post has nothing to do with Survivor.

-Mikami

05-11-02, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
First of all, thanks to Corcam for these.

Ok, so we really are having the rehash obsticle course, and it is shown as talk of immunity, so it could very well be the IC.

We can see the building of the tikis (like the first challenge won by Maraamu), we see Neleh and Vee (?) breaking something, it could be the fill the tube with coconut juice (like the RC won by Pappy and Sean), I cannot identify anything else, what other challenges could be re-hashed here?

They usually always make them build the fire, so that could be one (in the style of the IC won by the General). What others occur to y'all?

Also, there has been a lot of talk in the two previews we have (including this one) of Kathy and how she is the swing vote. Could it be that with this info, other posters in several different threads on this board are correct and Kathy might be voted off, or is it just misdirection? I frankly can not even start to guess.

Seems like there will be many interesting discussions on this board this week.

05-11-02, 00:44 AM (EST)
6. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
Your welcome I don't do as good as a job as Bungler but it will do.... with that pic of pappy falling with a torch I hope he didnt get hurt... hey this could tie into the upcoming "fallen comrads" LOL but don't get me started

05-12-02, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Animated Close Up of Pappy Falling..."

As stated by someone else previously, these objects look to shiny white or metallic grey in color and they have a tapered rectangular prism shape with rounded edges. The necklace part does seem to be a large rigid metal hoop.

Speculation Starts Here

Maybe the hoop necklace is like one of those split rings that you can easily open to slide things onto and off of it (kinda like a giant key ring).

Around this stage of the game 'the run around and answer questions about the local history and culture' game happens. The Rudy 'I dunno' game, the Australian 'convicts' game, the African 'crack the ostrich egg' game are previous incarnations.

Perhaps this game involves quickly moving from one question point (a tiki adorned altar?) to answering questions about local Marquesan history, legends, and traditions. As each question is answered correctly, the contestant wins a small tiki that they slip onto the hoop style necklace.

The other promos show Pappy and Kathy working on small Tiki totem poles just like the previous team challenge that Rotu lost. It has probably already been suggested that this indicates this is the recycled-challenge-mega-race, the one where somebody wins the car. The only wrinkle is that the race course will be through the trees to clearings along the way through the jungle and I expect that there will be a water related portion as well.

Speculation Summary:

RC (for the car): Recycled-Challenge-Mega-Race

IC: Night Time 'Marquesan Trivia Contest'

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-12-02, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Animated Close Up of Pappy Falling..."
RC (for the car): Recycled-Challenge-Mega-Race

IC: Night Time 'Marquesan Trivia Contest'

The Cat shoots....HE SCORES!!!!!

Any questions? Anybody?

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-12-02, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Animated Close Up of Pappy Falling..."
Consider this...

Pappy's torch is too short to be his tribal council torch, and from other caps we know all five walk the beach with their actual tribal torches, which are unlit.

Perhaps Pappy doesn't fall, but is merely searching for more of those white items to put on his neck ring, and bends down to find one in the dark.
This might be similar to the locks challenge that bedeviled Keith Famie when he dropped one and couldn't find it.

05-13-02, 05:20 AM (EST)
31. "Consider This..."
... most people don't plant their face in the dirt when they bend over to pick something up. He is definitely falling. Watch the motion blur as he accelerates toward the ground and the brief motion of his head upwards after impact:

Keep in mind that I have slowed the motion to about one half normal. Here is normal speed:

You are right in that he is not on his way to tribal council. This is part of a game as I already stated above.

05-14-02, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mikami Click to send private message to Mikami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: Consider This..."
I agree with IceCat. He definatley is falling. The way the torch falls to the ground with the same accelaration is a good indicator of Pappy's clumsy fall. By the way,you guys never cease to amaze me.

-Mikami

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-12-02, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
Here's what I have so far:

More to come, as they air.

05-12-02, 09:32 PM (EST)
21. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
Bungler, you truly are amazing with this stuff, look how clear the caps are.

Anyway, I don't know about the rest of you, but from looking at these very clear caps and Ice's great analysis, I just don't think Pappy is wearing the IN

It is something else, I just cannot figure out what. I could be what IceCat says, that they are picking up things as they answer the questions in the challenge.

What do you all think?

>
>

05-12-02, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
Here's a few more, plus a mini-plug for the Season Finale at the end. (Sorry, looks like I numbered two pics 24...so the second 24 should obviously be 25).

05-12-02, 10:01 PM (EST)
23. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
I don't have many observations to add, except these:

1. Pappy is not wearing the immunity idol.

2. It's interesting at the start of the daytime challenge (RC?) that they start out on the line in one direction (with Kathy at one far end), then when they run past JP they scatter in different directions. Searching for coconuts? That's at least one part of the challenge.

3. With Pappy's tiki tower, I swear it looks like he knocks it down himself. If it were falling accidently, you'd think his body would tense or he'd make some motion to stop it, but he literally steps back and just watches it fall with no facial expression change or anything.

4. I've tried focusing in on the five carrying torches on the beach to see if we could see an immunity necklace, but I just can't make out anything distinct.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-02, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-02 AT 10:16 PM (EST)

>4. I've tried focusing in on the five carrying torches on the beach to see if we could see an immunity necklace, but I just can't make out anything distinct.

One thing I notice is the backpack. First Vee, wearing a backpack. Next Sean, wearing a backpack. Followed by Pappy, looks to be wearing a backpack. Then Neleh, can't be sure, but, I think I can make out something on her back. And last Kathy, can't see any backpack on her. I don't know if this means anything, but, if I were immune, I don't know that I'd haul my stuff to TC. (assuming they are walking to TC)

edited for grammar and punctuation, not that it helped any.

~ true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-02, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Kathy and the "Missing" Backpack"
>
>One thing I notice is the
>backpack. First Vee, wearing
>a backpack. Next Sean,
>wearing a backpack. Followed
>by Pappy, looks to be
>wearing a backpack. Then
>Neleh, can't be sure, but,
>I think I can make
>out something on her back.
> And last Kathy, can't
>see any backpack on her.
> I don't know if
>this means anything, but, if
>I were immune, I don't
>know that I'd haul my
>stuff to TC. (assuming they
>are walking to TC)
>
>

I agree True. If I had immunity, I wouldn't bother packing my backpack and bringing it to TC. I also don't see one on Kathy but can possibly see one on Neeleh and definitely see them on the other three.

If Kathy wins IN, then here could come into play the teaser of her having to decide between the 2 couples (ie: "2 cities"). Not only who to align with but she would control who would be voted out of the other couple.

pisspoorprotoplasm 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-02, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pisspoorprotoplasm Click to send private message to pisspoorprotoplasm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Kathy and the "Missing" Backpack"
I don't see a backpack on Kathy either.

Having to choose between 2 "cities" would certainly be a clever tie-in to the title, and the challenge could also be a storytelling challenge, with the contestants doing or gathering items based on the story.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-02, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
Great job with the caps as always, Bungler.

2. It's interesting at the start of the daytime challenge (RC?)that they start out on the line in one direction (with Kathy at one far end), then when they run past JP they scatter in different directions. Searching for coconuts? That's at least one part of the challenge.

Looks like first task in the RC is to build the tiki. You can see the first block is already in place next to each Survivor at the starting line. They scatter at the start in seach of the correct color blocks. You can see the rock wall behind Pappy in the cap of his tower falling as well as in the cap of the start of the challenge.

05-12-02, 10:27 PM (EST)
27. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
Oh, I forgot to say that Sean is running with stilts in one part of the challenge too.

05-12-02, 10:15 PM (EST)
26. "it ain't Pappy, but it might be heleN"
>
>
>
>
>

...thanks to Bungler *bows head* these are the clearest pic's of the TC walk that we have seen yet. Looking at the pic's it looks pretty clear that Vee and Sean are NOT wearing the necklace, Pappy and Kathy's neck are obscured by their torches, which may in itself point to them not winning since it might be uncomfortable to carry the torch on your shoulder while wearing the necklace......the torch might rub up against it or something like that.

Anyway, looking at heleN it does appear that there is a white blur around her neck area....its a pretty substantial blur, especially in light of how clearly you can see the unobscured necks of Sean and Vee.

Hey IceCat, I know we can't say for sure that heleN has the necklace on, but can you estimate, based on the white blur, how likely or unlikely a possbility it is that she has the necklace on?

some story arc spec that came to my head right now

Burn-it has gone out of his way to distinguish heleN as the prime target of the remaining five players, using a full two episodes to set it up even at the expense of misleading the general audience (not a single TC vote despite the target hype).

Now we all know how much MB loves to paint his IC winners as targets. So, we all know that heleN is being painted as a prime target for the vote so if she were to win this week's crucial IC Burn-it would really be able to milk the drama.

All I'm saying with the speculation is that regardless of the necklace pic, a heleN IC win fits very well into the story MB has been developing over the last couple of episodes.

05-13-02, 06:27 AM (EST)
32. "Unlikely Neleh has Necklace..."
First... here's Vee with the necklace on:

Notice how the white parts of the necklace do not occur until below the shoulder line and that there are only brown beads and cords around the neck. The large white objects (boar's tusks and central tiki) seem quite large on the closeup of Vee. These objects will only be about 2 or 3 pixels long in the long shots of the 5 castaways walking on the beach with their torches.

Second... here's a zoomed sequence on Neleh:

The whitest pixels in the largest Neleh zoom are at the base of her neck below her ear and there are a few additional ones on her shoulder. I submit that these are simply highlights. Based upon the caucasian-skin-toned pixel color, Neleh's right arm appears to be stretched out along the length of her torch and her left arm appears to be reaching across her body (possibly to hold her backback strap). We really can't even see the part of her body where the most visible parts of the the necklace would be. There is no real evidence of the necklace being on Neleh. We can, however, definitely see a backpack on Neleh (as with everyone else except Kathy).

Third... here's a zoomed sequence on Kathy:

The only thing we can see here is that she is definitely not carrying a backpack. I can't see anything on Kathy that suggests a necklace.

The best evidence in this sequence of caps is the lack of a backpack on Kathy. This strongly suggests her winning the IC and it also strongly indicates that she has no intention of surrendering her immunity to anyone else.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Does Kathy's placement tip her hand on her allies?"
With Kathy walking at the back of the line with no backpack, I would have to agree with IceCat that she is a strong contender for the IC. BUT, does the fact that she is at the back of the line with N/P instead of up near S/V hint toward the possiblity that she has thrown her lot in with N/P? This is what I think she is going to do, for several different reasons:

1) She feels more confident, rightly or wrongly, that she can win immunity into the Final Two against P/N.

2) She has a higher level of trust with P/N.

3) She owes P/N her life in this game.

4) She has been with them since the beginning.

starshyn99 174 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail starshyn99 Click to send private message to starshyn99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Unlikely Neleh has Necklace..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-02 AT 02:19 PM (EST)

Maybe I am just squinting too hard, but I beleive that Kathy is wearing the necklace and I see it thanks to the last, large picture of Kathy. From what I can remember (correct me if I am wrong) all of Kathy's clothing is solid color and there is definatly and lighter color blur at IC necklace length: just below where her hand is carrying the torch. (sorry, I am not advanced enough to place pictures)

*edited because I could not spell my way out of a paper bag

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Unlikely Neleh has Necklace..."
I saw that too but she does wear that dog tag looking necklace and I think that is what you are seeing. Not that it isn't possible that Kathy wins immunity, but I'm thinking that is not the necklace.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Unlikely Neleh has Necklace..."
just to play devil's advovcate here...

can we be SURE from this cap that Kathy has no backpack? It looks to me like she may be carrying it in her left hand and in front of her, although the illusion of three dimensions may just be from a rock on the beach. At any rate, the apparent "distortion" and similar colorings of backpack and beach I think make it uncertain. Tell me what you see

05-13-02, 05:27 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Unlikely Neleh has Necklace..."
In this pic Kathy isn't carrying a back pack but she is carrying a bag, you can see it by her right leg.

Does anyone have the video from last week of them entering tribal council, if so then we might be able to get a better grasp of what she carries her items in especially since they are in only 3 day scenerios in contrast to our week.

05-12-02, 11:04 PM (EST)
28. "and the last few...my work is done"
Here's the last few...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"

Interesting, to me at least, that we've got images of Pappy with the torch and tripping... and then we see the torch getting snuffed. An indication that Pappy gets the boot?

I can't remember ever seeing a clear image of a torch getting snuffed in a preview other than the 'hint' of John getting snuffed out by a superimposed image of a torch a few weeks ago. I would have to go back and check to see if this was the same week that John got booted.

GO HABS!
"I'm the General and that's that."
Robert DeCanio, April 11/02

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "visuals"
i had the same thoughts about the torch getting snuffed.

mb is really trying to stress a nelly boot, but kathy's comment last episode about paschal makes me think that he goes. these vidcaps just reinforce what i'm thinking.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-13-02, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "WOW"
That is about all I have to say.

Icecat: amazing, truly amazing.
Bungler: always on top of the vid caps.

It appears to me that the spec (based on enhanced vid caps) regarding Kathy with no backpack and what I think looks like white around her chest area that she is the IC winner. I also think she is the pivitol vote as to which side she takes. That will make a big difference at final TC time.

CamO01 7 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CamO01 Click to send private message to CamO01 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: WOW"
I believe that her not carrying her bp could be one of a couple different reasons.
1.She wins immunity, and does not need to take it with her(not wanting to give it up to anyone either).
2.She feels very comfortable with her standing in the tribe. Meaning that she may have already made a deal with one of the other two couples.
I rewatched the last ep, Neleh carried a bag of sort, not a bp like everyone else. Looking at this pic of everyone walking, you would probably not be able to see her carrying her bag. Kathy's bp isn't much of a bp, but would still be able to see it in pic if she were wearing it.

As far as the white thing around Neleh's neck, this could be a buff inside out, saw a couple shots in the show where members had them temporarily turned inside out, very white, but I could be wrong

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
What, for pete's sake, is that thing in the water behind the survivors? The water part of the challenge or just the transport to the challenge area?

mistofleas - making the world a little more itchy

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
SurvivorFever is speculating that it is an amphibious landing craft that might carry a Saturn Vue for the RC.
http://www.survivorfever.net/Speculation.html

bondt007 3413 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
Great photos and spirited debate.

Could Pappy's fall be from someother time, but paced here - in combo with the torch-snuffing - to signify departure?
Is this too obvious a clue?

05-14-02, 03:39 PM (EST)
64. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
I believe that may be possible but do not think so. There seems to have been some reverse psychology played on us here in S4. The obvious has occurred many times, as we expect the opposite to happen. Not that they would not change this notion at any time to keep us guessing. Pappy's fall, and the snuffed torch, are definate foreshadows, and use of imagery for episode 12.

-Mikami

05-13-02, 03:50 PM (EST)
48. "Heya Misty!"
Long time no see!

I believe that the object in thebackground is a landing craft (think D-Day) it's probably for dropping off the Saturn SUV.

They'll probably drop the ramp and drive the truck through the water right up onto the shore. At least that's somebody on siii.com thinks. I am certain that they are right.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Heya Misty!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-02 AT 05:03 PM (EST)

*hands the kitty an IcyMist* Cheers darling!

I was kinda hoping that they were going to have to reenact the opening scene to "Saving Private Ryan" when I figured out it's a landing thingamajig. No such luck I guess.

But back on topic now...the pic of Paschals totem pieces falling over, looks to me like he knocked them over himself. Perhaps after losing? I think he'd be much more upset looking or grabbing for it if it was an accident.

Edited to say that I thought my above idea sounded familiar...Bungler already put that notion out there! Sorry Bungler. But for what it's worth, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

mistofleas - making the world just a little more itchy

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-13-02, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
Another image shows Paschal's stacked-up totem crashing.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "Sean the prophet?"
I'm sorry, I tried to paste the pics in but it didn't work.

In Corcam's second round of pics from SurvivorFever (the second post in this thread), the last pic is of Sean. He looks very clean-shaven in this pic, especially compared to Bungler's pic of Sean (#43) in this same thread.

Is Corcam's pic of Sean
1) old or
2) new, and Sean has had an opportunity to shave? (Doubt it)

If this is an old pic of an old confessional, which I think it is, what is the significance of showing it in a preview?

It could be either:

1) footage of Sean saying words that are now coming back to haunt him, or
2) footage of Sean predicting something that is now coming to pass

Does anyone who has seen the preview remember what Sean is saying in this scene?

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-02, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Sean the prophet?"
The last pic of Sean is from E5. His quote "Stay tuned" is taken from the end of his confessional after John approached him about his plan to boot Gabe.

It's not the first time they've used that line in a promo as it makes for a good one-liner.

Fester

"Checkmate, brah"--Sean, S4 E8

Napalm in the Morning 50 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to send private message to Napalm%20in%20the%20Morning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: New Ep12 Vid Caps"
>VO: 2 Episodes left, 5
>Survivors remain, it's all come
>down to this.
>Kathy: Tensions are way too high.
>
>VO: 2 Factions.
>Sean: We're leaning towards getting rid
>of Neleh or Pap.
>VO: 1 Swing Vote
>Kathy: I have to make a
>decision which way to go.
>
>VO: If you thought getting immunity
>was important before...now it's critical.

I know it might be crazy/dangerous to take anything from the SeeBS preview voice overs, but wouldn't Sean's suggestion of "we're leaning towards getting rid of Neleh or Pap" and Kathy's "decison which way to go" be something they would say AFTER the IC (just before the TC)?

If so, would Sean use the plural "we" if he won the IC? I don't think so since he probably wouldn't be too concerned what anyone else voted if he had the IN. Of course, he would want to know about votes even if he did win IN, but I can't see him using the phrase "we're leaning" in confession if that were the case.

On the other hand, Kathy says "I have to make a decision which way to go." If she did NOT win IC, would she should have a decision as to "which way to go"? I think "way" refers to which two people (N/P or S/V) as opposed to which one person.

With this "logic," the other discussions in this thread regarding the vid caps of Kathy without the bp (compared to the others wearing it), and my other conclusions, I believe KATHY will win IC.

However, I'm not so certain anymore which way she will vote!! At first, my guess was she would go after Pappy since he would be considered the strongest threat to her out of the remaining survivors. However, there are compelling reasons (PagonRatEater summarizes my thoughts nicely why) she would stick with N/P.

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-02, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "Kathy's backpack"
In last week's ep, they showed a shot of someone walking with one of those woven straw backpacks on...barely. The thing was falling apart. Anyone who has had a straw handbag knows how easily they break down. I would not be surprised to find that Kathy's backpack is too beat up to wear normally. The straps would be the first thing to go (it sure happens with the kid's backpacks for school). Kathy walking without a pack on her back isn't enough evidence for me to assume she has won immunity.

05-14-02, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Kathy's backpack"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-02 AT 01:59 PM (EST)

> Kathy walking without a
>pack on her back isn't
>enough evidence for me to
>assume she has won immunity.

Kathy has the same backpack that Sean and Vee are carrying here. It was in good enough shape for her to carry on her back to the last TC, and didn't seem to be in danger of falling apart.

But even if the straps had broken in the 3 days since the last walk to TC, it's still too bulky to be completely blocked by her profiled body. There would be some evidence that she was carrying it with her left hand or over her left shoulder.

Looking at the picture below, it's obvious that she isn't carrying it anywhere.

Fester

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Kathy's backpack"
Fester--

Excellent analysis. Some people just don't want to believe the obvious. The vidcaps combined with the SNN spoiler--come on. I hope this puts this all to rest--Kathy is going no where this episode. She has immunity, and I don't think anyone believes she is giving it up (unless she had an ironclad agreement that would keep her safe anyway).

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Kathy's backpack"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-02 AT 03:22 PM (EST)

The backpack could be on her left hip. See the white blur, it is above the ground-line "horizon", it's not rocks.

Is this a legit blow up? It's a brighter white..bag on left shoulder, torch in right hand? balance

strone 70 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strone Click to send private message to strone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Kathy's backpack"
I feel the same way. Last night I watched the previews in 2 different SLOW modes and there is definately something around here waist line area. To me this could be her backpack or something that is being carried. She is definately "different" from the others walking, and with the twirling promo words it is very hard to see her in plain view. However, I just dont know if I can 100% say she has no backpack, thus she wins IC.

Also, I watched Pappy falling with the white tooth thing around his neck in slow motion. THAT is definately not the IN.

Slow motion on the VCR seems to be alot easier to read however you need to play it again and again for you to really see what you think is there.

danderoo 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-14-02, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail danderoo Click to send private message to danderoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Kathy's backpack"
Before I say anything I just want to say thanks to all of you who are capturing these videos and enlarging them and overlaying them with other graphics. This is great work and makes for insightful commentary and discussions. Bungler, IceCat, and others -- you guys are awesome.

>The backpack could be on her left hip.
>See the white blur, it is above the
>ground-line "horizon", it's not rocks.

infinitesurvivor, good pick, I see what you mean. Kathy clearly has nothing on her back but there is a blurry something just above her butt that seems partially obscured by her body. It is above the beach/tree line and definitely not her arms. I have not seen this preview and don't have it on tape to review myself, but in this enlarged pic there looks like there is something there.

05-14-02, 03:27 PM (EST)
63. "It's NOT a backpack, OK?"
Whatever that tiny fleck of white pixels is, it's certainly not her backpack.

First of all, she is not walking with the posture of someone who has a hefty backpack full of her belongings over one shoulder.

Second, if she was carrying that big ol' thing over her left shoulder, it would certainly be sticking out a whole lot more than that. Have you taken a close look at those things? This isn't a handbag we're talking about here. It's wide enough to take up her entire back. If she were wearing it on her shoulder, the width of the bag would be much wider than her profile. You wouldn't see just a little fleck of the bag, you'd see a decent portion of it.

Third, Bungler has one full stride's worth of vidcaps with Kathy visible (I'm not going to cut and paste them, but trust me they're in this thread). In it, we see no evidence of anything behind her, or of the white fleck growing. Objects hanging from a shoulder that are not being held be the hand move as the walker moves. There would be some motion to this fleck, and definitely something emerging from behind her as she walks. There is NO SUCH protrusion.

The visual evidence combined with the SNN spoiler is enough for me.

Once and for all, she is not carrying her backpack. However, if you all want to beat your heads against the wall, go right ahead. This argument is done.

Fester

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-14-02, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: It's NOT a backpack, OK?"
I killed the argument on the EZboards and I will kill it here.
No Bag, Immunity for Kathy.

here is a gif for proof...

Hail Kathy! the Sole survivor!

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: It's NOT a backpack, OK?"
Thanks for the gif. In my opinion, this ends the debate. You can see all 5 and each has a backpack EXCEPT Kathy. She has immunity; she is not giving it up; she is not leaving this episode.

MB gave away a lot more when he gave away that Tammy won IC two week in a row when her head was on the block (at least the second week it was). MB is obviously having fun giving us little clues to keep us interested. He doesn't really give anything too important away (like the boot), but he makes us feel smart and as if we accomplished something.

I hope this debate can finally come to an end and everyone can admit Kathy is safe this episode. Anyone who votes for Kathy (or even Vee for that matter after the SNN spoiler) this episode is just irrationally stubborn.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: It's NOT a backpack, OK?"
I agree. This (no backpack photo) is totally not obvious to those people who (unlike us) do not obsess over every tiny clue. If bungler wasn't so capable, I'd never have noticed. And those who say she's so confident she just doesn't carry it are really stretching. Kathy is no Keith. Plus, giving a tiny clue that Kathy wins IC doesn't even take away from the suspense, since it's been which pair survives the week intact anyway.

Spike212 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spike212 Click to send private message to Spike212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: It's NOT a backpack, OK?"
Hi, first time poster. I could be totally wrong but when Kathy's son left the island I seem to remember he was wearing a backpack. Do you think think he was given his own along with the buff he got or do you think maybe his mother game him her's and that's why Kathy isn't wearing one.

05-14-02, 05:40 PM (EST)
69. "Now there's a great first post!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-02 AT 05:43 PM (EST)

Excellent question, Spike!

... and posted in a thread where a discussion is already underway!

hmmmm... does anyone remember if the kid had a backpack during the first couple of minutes he was at the camp. I don't think he was wearing it when the walked in. I'm going to go check the tape.

I'm back...

He was definitely wearing the backpack as he walked into camp with his mom. It was a shiny new one too (no frayed edges, etc.)

05-14-02, 05:44 PM (EST)
70. "RE: Now there's a great first post!"
Don't run to that VCR Ice. I checked the tape this morning to compare the walks to TC, and Kathy had her big ol' backpack with her. That was definitely AFTER Pat left camp, so whatever bag he took with him, it wasn't Mom's.

Fester

Spike212 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-02, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spike212 Click to send private message to Spike212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "RE: Now there's a great first post!"
Boy you guys are quick. Thanks for responding, that backpack thing was really bugging me.

05-14-02, 05:48 PM (EST)
71. "RE: Kathy's backpack"
I know she isnt wearing a back pack but what the heck is that by her right leg it looks like a bag to me, more than likely over her head strap on left shoulder.... in my post above I asked if anyone had taped last weeks episode b/c we might be able to get a better grasp of what she was carrying into tribal council, since their 3 days are our week, so it isnt very much inclined to change.

"Jesus this, Moses that, Abraham hit me with a wiffle ball bat"

danderoo 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-15-02, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail danderoo Click to send private message to danderoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Kathy's backpack"
I don't know what that is by her leg, but I am satisfied with the latest vidcaps that she is carrying nothing besides her torch (I must be the only one here who still has not seen this preview on TV). Last week Kathy carried her backpack to TC. In reviewing the last few episodes I did notice that Neleh has carried a sack resembling a pillow case to TC rather than a backpack.

Just to help further put this to sleep I reviewed the walks to TC in each episode since the merge because I was wondering if it was typical for the IC winner not to carry their stuff to TC. Here's what I found:

Ep7 Kathy wins IC but you can't see if she has her gear.
Ep8 Tammy wins IC, she doesn't carry her gear.
Ep9 Tammy wins IC again, not carrying her gear.
Ep10 Robert wins IC, he doesn't carry his gear.
Ep11 Vee wins IC, she doesn't carry her gear.

It's clear that the IC winner is not required and usually doesn't carry their gear to TC. I would think that this is also an indication that they will not give up immunity.

Dan

05-15-02, 10:25 AM (EST)
74. "RE: Kathy's backpack"
It might be a water jug of some type. They carry them everywhere.

jayseae 68 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-02, 06:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jayseae Click to send private message to jayseae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
75. "RE: Kathy's backpack"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-02 AT 06:56 AM (EST)

<<It might be a water jug of some type. They carry them everywhere.>>

I'm game for that - but does anyone have a capture of the jug? I'm not saying it's a backpack, as I don't think it looks like the others. But it's not the shape I recall for the jug, either - looks somewhat circular, hanging over her left shoulder perhaps, coming out near her left leg.

Edit
Please note, I'm just curious, so if anyone has the time, I'd appreciate it. I think it quite likely that the "round thing" is not the backpack, and that blur around her neck is the IN. I'd just like to see the object in question. Thanks.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •