The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-26-02, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
Here is how it was posted on the Survivor 4 website:

"Next Week On Survivor"

"After 28 days of slimy shellfish, Kathy is determined to catch a shark."

"Sean serenades a tearful, homesick Vecepia on her birthday and makes cheering her up a priority."

"Two castaways enjoy a magnificent reward, but resentment grows among their stone-faced tribemates when they return and share their joyful experience with them."

Post your opinions of this info at your own will

BUD SELIG SUCKS!!!! SAVE THE TWINS!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 sleeeve 04-26-02 1
   RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 bergdogg 04-26-02 4
   Tammy wouldn't take Rob Cathy the Canadian 04-26-02 10
 RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 shakes the clown 04-26-02 2
   RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 cowboyroo 04-26-02 6
   RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 true 04-26-02 7
       RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 Drive My Car 05-01-02 17
 Opinion Poll RocketGirl7 04-26-02 3
 RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 Kokoro 04-26-02 5
   RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 steppingrazor42 04-26-02 8
   RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 Femme 04-30-02 15
       RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 ShowMeTheWinner 05-02-02 20
 V + T or R sorgee 04-26-02 9
   RE: V T or R frisky 04-26-02 11
   not true shakes the clown 04-26-02 12
       RE: not true Rude Awakening 04-26-02 13
 RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 Loree 04-30-02 14
   RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 NorthOfBoston 04-30-02 16
 RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 Ra_8secs 05-01-02 18
 RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 infinitesurvivor 05-02-02 19
   RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10 JenJen1020 05-02-02 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-26-02, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
>"Two castaways enjoy a magnificent reward,
>but resentment grows among their
>stone-faced tribemates when they return
>and share their joyful experience
>with them."

Why does this scream Tammy and Robert??? After watching Paschal's and Sean's return last week, I have a hard time seeing anyone else return to a less-than-warm welcome.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-26-02, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
Agreed Sleeeve!

The other two are pretty cotton pickin dry as far as explination goes. Sean gathers everyone to give Vee a very special happy birthday celebration. Kathy trying to get food is nothing new, but the question is, will she get the shark??

BUD SELIG SUCKS!!!! SAVE THE TWINS!!!

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-26-02, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Tammy wouldn't take Rob"
Tammy wouldn't take Rob if she won the RC. She hasn't given up. She would surely take Kathy, or even Neleh, someone she could try to form an alliance with to save herself.

That would explain the resentment when they got back to - S/V/P/N wouldn't be overjoyed to see Kathy walking back with Tammy all Buddy Buddy and happy. It would make everyone suspicious.

Besides all this, it still looks like Vee is the obvious choice for a tag along. Anyone that wouldn't take her is going to look like a jackass.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-02 AT 00:55 AM (EST)

>"Next Week On Survivor"

...well, this one is pretty obvious, but I think it means that the show will be available for a screening at some point next week. Does Bungler have vidcaps that support this notion?

>"After 28 days of slimy shellfish,
>Kathy is determined to catch
>a shark."

....purely here for point of interest entertainment, such as finding a skull or getting peed on. No spoiler to see here, please disperse.

>"Sean serenades a tearful, homesick Vecepia
>on her birthday and makes
>cheering her up a priority."

....most likely more entertainment filler, leading up to the impromptu birthday party (I hope they have a clown, but no magician) But, it could be spoiler in the sense that IF it happens prior to the RC then we know that Vee will be focused on prior to the RC which is always a good indicator of who will win. See my post on the vidcap thread here...

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/2700.shtml#15

..for further explanation. But, see my next point where I'm about to completely contradict this theory.

>with them."

....TWO CASTAWAYS = NOT the family visit RC. Therefore, Sean ain't going anywhere next week. Now, please nobody tell me that the SNewser spoiler doesn't say anything about Sean winning this RC, only that he is still in the game when it happens cause I am already well aware of that fact. But, I do believe that SNewser's WHOLE spoiler is based on the fact that one of Sean's family members was on-call for the family visit. Now this is not for sure, but it's my personal feelings on that.

Now, about why this is definitely NOT the family visit RC....its because teh family visit is ALWAYS a solo reward. Now, I know that Rich went and had breakfast with Sean and his dad, but that was just a brief part of the reward and definitely NOT the type of thing that would bring resentment to BOTH castaways when they returned. Also, with the family visit the others wouldn NOT greet them stonefaced and resentful....for one, they would be happy for the person seeing their family member and wanting to hear aboout it..also, the family member would most likely come with them to the beach to meet the others ala Sean's dad and Colby's girlfriend, er I mean mom.

So, you can say 100% that this is NOT the family visit RC.

Looks like someone wins and then brings a friend for a fabulous night aboard a cruise ship.

Now why would someone be resentful? Maybe Sean and/or Kathy wins again and the rest of them are starting to see shades of Colby?

As for Vee, teh homesick setup works a lot better with the family visit, but the birthday thing works great as a factor to getting picked to be the person that goes with the winner.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-26-02, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
Good point Shakes....

The way everyone is being all warm and fuzzy, I see this as a potential Tammy wins again and takes Robert yet its Vee's birthday and any of the other ones would have taken Vee...

The moral of this series seems to be...life first, game second...the ones who are putting the game first end up paying...I can definitely see Neleh, Pappy, Sean, and maybe Kathy getting upset that the winner didn't take Vee, and I think any of the above would have taken Vee if they won...

I think all this hub-bub is leading us to the obvious Tammy or Robert boot and the only question is does Tammy win Immunity again...

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-02, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
>Now, please nobody tell me that the SNewser spoiler doesn't say anything about Sean winning this RC, only that he is still in the game when it happens cause I am already well aware of that fact.<

Glad someone's paying attention.

>But, I do believe that SNewser's WHOLE spoiler is based on the fact that one of Sean's family members was on-call for the family visit. Now this is not for sure, but it's my personal feelings on that.<

I agree.

I think the only way it's Tammy and Robert is if Robert wins and chooses to take Tammy. Tammy would be a fool to take Robert along, he has already burned his bridges with the rest of them, and she could use the time to shmoooze someone new. It would also be wise, if Tammy would lay low on RC's.

>with them."

Maybe I'm being picky, but does everyone have to be stonefaced? I picture Tammy and Robert being stone faced, but not really the rest of them.

One more thing, I think the episode title for the following episode Marquesan Vacation, better fits the family reward. I also think they would play up the "visit" aspect of the reward in previews.

~ true

True friends stab you in the front -Oscar Wilde

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-02, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"

I agree also.

Two castaways enjoy a magnificent reward,
>with them."

This is more evidence that it couldn't be the Family visit. Whenever someone won the family reward, they also brought back gifts from home to all the other Survivors. Letters, pictures, little care packages. They would all benefit from the family reward, so no resentment.

RocketGirl7 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-26-02, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RocketGirl7 Click to send private message to RocketGirl7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Opinion Poll"
I'm not sure if this tells us anything, but here's the Opinion Poll:

Why do you think Soliantu voted Zoe off?
*She was too much of a threat
*They weren't crazy about the bracelets
*They weren't sure where her loyalties lay

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-26-02, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
"Two castaways enjoy a magnificent reward, but resentment grows among their stone-faced tribemates when they return and share their joyful experience with them."

This, IMO, doesn't have to be serious at all. It could just be comments to the extent of: "Damn it sucks that so-and-so keeps winning the good rewards...."

Which could be either Kathy or Sean

Now if it is a big issue - to me it can only be Tammy and Robert....and even then, does anyone see Paschal and Neleh (even the ever loudmouthed Kathy) being "stonefaced"?

The only reason I could see people being angry is if so-and-so didn't take Vee - but it doesn't look to me as if anyone but Sean knows she's down.

Secondly - I think if the pre-reward scenes are of Vee and Sean trying to cheer her up it ~will~ be a Sean/Vee thing (based on something shakes pointed out in the vidcap thresd ;)

----------------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Zoe: "..."

Stop Discrimination Now

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-26-02, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
"The only reason I could see people being angry is if so-and-so didn't take Vee - but it doesn't look to me as if anyone but Sean knows she's down."

Good point! I think someone might promise to take Vee because it's her birthday and then backs out at the last moment (a la Sean on S1 taking Rich instead of Kelly). Or maybe people feel the winner played unfairly? Otherwise I can't see S/V/P/N/K being upset at eachother over something like winning a RC.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-30-02, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
I really don't see Tammy and Robert going on this RC together. I think that answer is incredible obvious and when everyone admits that the promo smacks of R and T winning (since they are the most likely to be resented) then it's too darn easy.

Here's what I presume will happen. Either Robert or Tammy wins (more than likely Tammy, since Robert is hopeless) and instead of taking their likely partner (ie, T taking R) the winner takes an unlikely person, such as Kathy.

Were I one of the SuperMu 5, this would make me resent the winner for trying to win over one of my alliance-mates. I don't think they would resent T/R winning, since neither of them have won any individual rewards. I don't think they would resent Vee going or even Sean or Paschal going.

I think they would resent A.)T or R taking one of the their own, B.) One of their own taking T or R, or C.) Sean and Paschal going again.

IMHO, Tammy will win, take a member from SuperMu (I think Kathy) and the rest of the tribe will be irritated. T/R have proven they're not above groveling for votes at this point in the game, and I think it's likely to be Kathy's vote they will try to win next.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-02-02, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
IMHO, Tammy will win, take a member from SuperMu (I think Kathy) and the rest of the tribe will be irritated. T/R have proven they're not above groveling for votes at this point in the game, and I think it's likely to be Kathy's vote they will try to win next.

There've been many posters who think that T/R will actually take Kathy to the RC reward but I don't see any reason why T/R would. Like what many people have already pointed out, Kathy is the only person who doesn't have a strong ally with her at this point so Tammy and Robert will have to recruit at least 2 more people into their alliance to escape being voted out next. They're still short of one more person even if they manage to recruit Kathy. Their best bet would be to recruit Sean as at this point I think Vee will just go along with whatever Sean says.

PS: Femme I think you got the cutest signature pic Did Ice Cat do that for you?

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-26-02, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "V + T or R"
I've got a scenario for "Two castaways enjoy a magnificent reward, but resentment grows among their stone-faced tribemates when they return and share their joyful experience with them."

What say Tammy or Robert wins and takes Vee in hopes of:
1) Making the tribe at large happy by giving Vee a happy birthday
2) Trying to sway Vee when she is away from k/n/p/s

Vee hasn't really made an alliance. She's still pretty much a free agent.
Tammy said taht she was going to do what she could to stay on the island.
Robert already though that he was gone once and he knows that he needs to campaign hard.

If Vee were to leave with either of them and come back with some new "bond", the others in her "group" would feel uneasy and, possibly, resentful.

Just a thought...

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Don't do the action if you can't handle the reaction. ~deborah briggs

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: V T or R"
That's true. They would be happy when Vee and R or T left, resentful upon their "joyful" return.

This would explain why "resentment grows . . . WHEN THEY RETURN"

Not after the RC win, or after picking a partner, but "when they return."

This kind of discounts the theory that the resentment is due to who the picker picked as their pickee. The stoney faces have something to do with what is said or what happens when the winners return from the reward.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-02, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "not true"
>Vee hasn't really made an alliance.
> She's still pretty much
>a free agent.

...sure she has, as evidenced by the recrap episode she is firmly entrenched in the SuperMu alliance.

Rude Awakening 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-26-02, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rude%20Awakening Click to send private message to Rude%20Awakening Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: not true"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-02 AT 06:54 PM (EST)

I find it hard to believe they will still have resentment for winning a reward challenge even if Robert or Tammy wins. P/K/S/V all seem like people that would be happy for whoever won. I think that the promise to take Vecepia on her birthday is the most resonable idea. Maybe I'm wrong.

Or after Vecepia becomes very homesick on her birthday, maybe whoever wins the reward challenge picks someone else other than Vee to go and the other tribe members get pissed for not thinking about Vecepia on her birthday.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-02, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
If the others are stone-faced after the others return then maybe whoever goes for the reward does too much bragging after they return. In the past on Survivor players that bragged have been resented for it. It is better to try and bring food back and not play it up as being so perfect and wonderful. But a "we got to eat and you didn't" attitude could be hard to take when all the tribemates are shown talking about how hungry they are next week. So it might be better to think of which players would be all excited about the reward and keep talking about it without realizing how much it annoyed the others.

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-30-02, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
So it
>might be better to think
>of which players would be
>all excited about the reward
>and keep talking about it
>without realizing how much it
>annoyed the others.

I'm going to go with Kathy on this one, if this is true. I don't think she'd do it to be annoying, but it sure would come off that way (as does most of her yammering)

I'm stuck on the choice of the word "grows" in the clue. Why not use the word "develops" if it's a NEW resentment? It seems that the resentment is already there and that it increases; thus, the use of the verb "grow." Of course, I doubt the assistant who whipped up the web quote put that much thought into the verb choice. I'm just obsessing.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-01-02, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
I think the Kathy goes fishing tease is just for entertainment value, as others have said here.

It could be that Tammy or Robert get Pagonged, and they both go off on the RC. Thus the resentment grows. But I have a better twist.

Sean wins RC and takes Vee with him, thus the empahsis on cheering her up being a priority. They get a magnificent 3-hour tour of the islands, food, etc. And are yukking it up boasting about it all upon their return.

But beyond that inappropriate behavior before the taro/coconut eaters (w/ maybe some shark meat), the old Rotus get a morality check while the only old-Maraamu's are away. They realize their original kinship, and stone-facedly accept that the original definition of Pagonging should apply. Vee gets voted off, because Sean sticks around for the Family Chat next week.

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-02, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
"Stone-faced" and "Resentment" could be two entirely separate story lines.

"Stone-faced" linking with: the building hunger issue (Pascal complaining/Kathy shark hunting), leading into MB weaving in another food auction. (It's almost as if MB purposely starves the players to extract unfakable reactions, achieving pure "reality" segments, that we feel thier hunger/craving).

"Resentment" belonging to: Vee not being chosen to go on RC reward. (maybe Pascal, will surprise all, two fold, with a RC win and a birthday Vee brush off, in favor of his adopted daughter Neleh).

JenJen1020 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-02-02, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JenJen1020 Click to send private message to JenJen1020 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: SeeBS misdirection for Ep.10"
I believe that paps somehow pulls this RC off. He takes Neleh.

Resentment grows from stonecold tribemates.....
Obviously T & R will be resentful of the perfect pair. lol
Sean & Vee may also be resentful because of the birthday issue

Causing two members to go to the wrong side of the tribe
???S&V start talking to T&R???
But this is just a teaser to keep the episode interesting so we are not thinking the whole time that Tammy gets booted.

MB always wants us to think two possibilities.

Kind of like last time they showed Robert...instead of Zoe
Time before that they showed Sean....Instead of John
And Kathy before Rob
And Kathy before Gina

The only exception....Sara was way obvious.

So this time we may be led to think pappy is a possible boot. T&R will vote for him (Kathy is immune)

But Tammy still gets the boot!

Tonight will be like watching a rerun, I got this one figured out.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •