The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-27-07, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
I knew it-it HAD to be Laila to do those moves! Not since Kelly Monaco has a woman done Latin that well!!

The other women did it like, well, WHITE WOMEN! And white women just don't do certain dances well, know what I mean, or shall we spar off now?? LOL

As far as the quick step-my boy Apollo nailed it, and wasn't he just TOO CUTE in that tuxedo??

I thought Ian was adorable as well, and devoting all his dances to Mommy-OMG, how could you NOT cry??

Cliff was a cutie as well-gotta believe in all his 'thespian' years, he's had some dancing going on. Maybe not on "Cheers", but somewhere....."Toy Story", maybe??

Joey was good, but the judges expect more, so score lower? Does that make any sense?? Not to me, but what do I know??

Heather can actually swing those hips, whilst the rest of us are watching with our hands over one eye, breathless, expecting the worst, and yet-it doesn't happen! Not that, folks, is entertainment! As on Sci Fi, maybe.....

As for the rest, I took a little nap in between, I think, at least early this morning, I just don't remember much about them. Maybe you all can refresh the mind a bit with YOUR comments....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... qwertypie 03-27-07 1
 RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... Snidget 03-27-07 2
   RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... mistyrose52 03-27-07 3
 RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... brvnkrz 03-27-07 4
   RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... finallytyping 03-27-07 6
       RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... brvnkrz 03-27-07 10
 RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... Cyndimaus 03-27-07 5
   RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... dragonflies 03-27-07 7
       RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... uglier than sarah w 03-27-07 8
           RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... Estee 03-27-07 9
       RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... sharnina 03-28-07 12
 RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... StarryLuna 03-27-07 11
   RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... iltarion 03-28-07 13
       RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... Round Robin 03-28-07 14
           RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... Bravegirl 03-28-07 15
               RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... Round Robin 03-28-07 16
                   RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... bruma 03-29-07 17
                       RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... dragonflies 03-29-07 18
                       RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... qwertypie 03-29-07 19
           RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... bullzeye 03-29-07 20
               RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ... sharnina 03-29-07 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-27-07, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
(SIGH) I missed the show . I'll have to watch the recrap at the beginning of the results show.

Emergency tango lesson

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-07, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
Just one question.

After watching Paulina dance Latin.

If that is how supermodels dance, why do men want to sleep with them?

"I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!" Tom Lehrer

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-27-07, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
LOL!!! Good question! It has to be for the water cooler talk the next day, that's all I can figure.......

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-07, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
I loved Laila. Loved her. She's the one that I'm voting for this year. As much as I can't stand Heather Ono, she actually did pretty well last night. I hated that.

Arkie Rocks!!!

finallytyping 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-27-07, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"

Heather Ono

LOL perfect!
Though at first I thought: Is Heather married to Apollo?

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-07, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
LOL. I forgot that was his last name.

Arkie Rocks!!!

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-27-07, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
I thought they all did fairly well. There was no one that made me totally groan at their ineptness. I was impressed with Billy Ray's improvement. I was prepared for a lousy quick-step, but he did a pretty good job.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-07, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
Agreed about Billy Ray. I was waiting for the train wreck. Although he could lose the little adlib movements.

And Heather did fairly well too, surprisingly.

I wish Barbie and Ken would go away now.

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-27-07, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
I know! Barbie and Ken are just terrible!!! The worst part is: she thinks she's hilarious. ummmm

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-07, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
Didja spot Chuck Woolery watching her from the audience? It looks like he showed up to provide a little support. (And it's not as if she's said anything about GSN yet.)

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-07, 01:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
Funny thing about Shandi is that I thought she looked really good in rehearsal so I was surprised when she came out and danced like she had a stick taped to her back. No hip movement what so ever.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose. Must See TV

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-27-07, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
Not since Kelly Monaco has a woman done Latin that well!!

Wow...we've been watching a different show for the last 2 years. Stacy Kiebler danced miles around Kelly Monaco. Monique Coleman also did an awesome job with the Latin dances.

Luna's Eclipses

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-28-07, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-07 AT 02:24 AM (EST)

Ahhhhhh, the women danced the MAMBO, not the tango. And I strenuously second Starry's post. Stacy Keibler put down the greatest mambo DWTS has ever seen, and she was incredible in all the Latin dances. And she is quite white. In fact, Laila kind of reminds me of Stacy. Stacy was dance-trained, unlike Laila, but they are both strong, athletic women who are also very graceful. Laila and Heather both had good mambos. The rest of the women were pretty disappointing. That should have been Shandi's best dance because she can use her sexiness the most during that dance. Well, she looked fantastic, but the sexiness disappeared once she started moving. My momma can shake her hips better than that! Come on, girl!

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-28-07, 02:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
I don't give a rat's patoot if Shandi can't dance. I still wouldn't kick her out of bed, even for eating crackers.

Bravegirl 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-28-07, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravegirl Click to send private message to Bravegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
I agree.....Laila is definitely the best of the woman. And as much as I hate to admit it, (and I really really do), Ms Mills was pretty darn good. Although, the second she went over to the judges and they showed her smug (I showed THEM ALL) face, I wanted to vomit! Anyhow, the rest of the women are not very good at all. From what I'm seeing, I'll be looking for Laila, Apolo and Joey in the final 3!!!

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-28-07, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
Sounds like a pretty likely final 3 to me. We don't have some of the out-and-out suckitude of previous seasons, but none of the others quite measure up to those 3.

bruma 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-29-07, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bruma Click to send private message to bruma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
Laila was really a pleasant surprise to me - she is surprisingly graceful and has a good chance of getting to finals. But focus out a bit and look - there are young, professional atheletes in the competition this year. I expect them to do well.

Yes, the white gals need a shot of tequila before they go out on the floor. Shake your moneymakers, girls !!!

Ian- he seems like an A personality type - something he said about having to be perfect and good in everything he does. He will work super hard - one thing, though, did anyone notice that his facial expressions were just a bit too smiley and a tad forced? He is probably super nervous and after a couple of LIVE performances - he will start to meld it all together.

I have noticed in this and in past seasons - that the stars who perform Live in their chosen profession - tend to not get so stage fright in the beginning of the competition. Remember Kelly Monaco? The first few weeks, she was a deer in the headlights.

I keep hearing about Joey Fatone - all the dance background he had - he had just about what Drew Lachey had - a totally different type of dance - but he has that performing in front of a crowd down. He knows how to play to the audience. I am still out on the "JF" and "Fatone" in sequins on his costume. That is a bit much.

One simple thing both the men and women could do and it isn't hard - keep your fingers together. We are taught in ball room dancing to keep the fingers together - not to have all the fingers spread out.

I am excited to see how the vote goes -

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
Welcome bruma! Great comments.

I noticed the fingers too. We rewatched the first hour of Tuesday last night, and I noticed quite a few of the professionals coaching the dancers during their dance. That must be confusing for our stars as well.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
One simple thing both the men and women could do and it isn't hard - keep your fingers together. We are taught in ball room dancing to keep the fingers together - not to have all the fingers spread out.

(adds a welcome to Bruma)
So true. We wondered if it was nerves (holding on for dear life)or if it was instruction that the professionals missed.
Sometimes the focus was too much on the forest and not enough on the trees.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

bullzeye 5030 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
I still wouldn't kick her out of bed, even for eating crackers.

It begs the question - why else would she be there in the first place?

A birthday present from Tribe

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-07, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ok, second week surprises-only ONE woman can tango!!"
Pssst... I'm betting Round Robin is a Dixie. 'Cause that is such a Southern thing to say.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose. Must See TV

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •