The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gina on Early show: possible spoiler?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

bongbear78 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-05-02, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bongbear78 Click to send private message to bongbear78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gina on Early show: possible spoiler?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-02 AT 08:28 AM (EST)

Gina said two things on the first part of the Early Show that makes me think Rob M. Goes next.

First: "He played the game stupid, he'll even tell you that. But he's still in the game and I'm not, so maybe he's smarter than me." Sounds like an attempt to cover what she said in the first sentence. So he does not go much farther at all.

Second: "We didn't get along on the island, but he's a great person off of the island." Gina knew him off of the island? Did they stay in touch afterwards or did she meet him at loser logde pre-jury?
Hmmm... whadya all think?!

Bongbear

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gina on Early show: possible sp... samboohoo 04-05-02 1
   This is HUGE! SurvivinDawg 04-05-02 2
       RE: This is HUGE! George Tirebiter 04-05-02 4
           RE: This is HUGE! SurvivinDawg 04-05-02 7
               RE: This is HUGE! PepeLePew13 04-05-02 21
                   RE: This is HUGE! George Tirebiter 04-05-02 25
       RE: This is HUGE! wendyp 04-05-02 5
           RE: This is HUGE! katem 04-05-02 6
       RE: This is HUGE! Ra_8secs 04-05-02 8
 RE: Gina on Early show: possible sp... Ogachu 04-05-02 3
 I think Jane was hushed. Maraarotu 04-05-02 9
   RE: I think Jane was hushed. managerr 04-05-02 10
       RE: I think Jane was hushed. George Tirebiter 04-05-02 11
       RE: I think Jane was hushed. Bebo 04-05-02 12
           RE: I think Jane was hushed. In The Woods 04-05-02 13
           RE: I think Jane was hushed. Ogachu 04-05-02 14
               RE: I think Jane was hushed. gemstone 04-05-02 29
   RE: I think Jane was hushed. Fashionista007 04-05-02 17
 THIS COULD ALSO MEAN.... MikeD 04-05-02 15
 RE: Gina on Early show: possible sp... Fashionista007 04-05-02 16
 RE: Gina on Early show: possible sp... smiles 04-05-02 18
 Gina in Survivor Chat smiley 04-05-02 19
   WHY DOES MikeD 04-05-02 20
       RE: WHY DOES smiley 04-05-02 23
       RE: WHY DOES Spidey 04-05-02 26
 RE: Gina on Early show: possible sp... samboohoo 04-05-02 22
   RE: Gina on Early show: possible sp... smiley 04-05-02 24
       RE: Gina on Early show: possible sp... cowboyroo 04-05-02 27
           disagree shakes the clown 04-05-02 28
 RE: Gina on Early show: possible sp... NorthOfBoston 04-05-02 30
 Don't Think So IslandFever 04-06-02 31
 NOT SO FAST!!! Round Robin 04-06-02 32
 RE: Gina on Early show: possible sp... Granvil the 4th 04-06-02 33
   RE: Gina on Early show: possible sp... buckeyegirl 04-06-02 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-05-02, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gina on Early show: possible spoiler?"
Gosh, you're quick. I was thinking the same thing when I heard her say that. She did say she has seen a few people after the show, but I'm thinking he made it to the Loser Lounge too.

She also mentions that Sean was an angry person in the game. Leads me to believe that he didn't go to the Loser Lounge, and she didn't keep in touch with him after the show.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "This is HUGE!"
This is a HUGE mistake by Gina! Let me put it in this perspective:

If she didn't like Rob during the game AND she didn't see him in Loser Lodge, then I suspect she would NOT make an effort to contact him (or he her). So the only logical conclusion is that she DID get to know Rob in Loser Lodge!.

The merge is DEFINITELY this week, and it's the last pre-jury boot. It's the last chance for this to happen.

The Sean comment by Gina reinforces this, IMHO.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-05-02, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: This is HUGE!"
Yep--I wasn't so surprised by what she'd said about Rob, but I thought that the way she emphasized how Sean "was a very angry person as I knew him IN THE GAME" was a major faux pas. Anyone who wasn't already expecting Rob to go next and Sean to survive the merge has to be feeling grateful for these little tidbits.

She also denied anything beyond friendship with Hunter, which only makes me wonder if they didn't develop a genuine relationship (one that's more mature than what you'd expect from a game show introduction?); would speak well of both of them, if they were protecting it by keeping it private.

Dumb Jane promised to go through the list of ALL the other players--too bad they wasted so much time spitting watermelon seeds--I was hoping she'd have the opportunity to let a few more hints slip out!

GT

Society attacks early when the individual is helpless.B.F.Skinner

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: This is HUGE!"
TOTALLY agree with you, GT. I also thought that there was a Hunter/Gina relationship because Hunter kept so quiet about it, saying they were "just friends." Then the spoiler about Gina moving came out, and now this. I suspect that there IS a serious relationship, but they're keeping it private not only for the sake of the show and problems related to it, but also because they just want to keep it private like it should be.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: This is HUGE!"
Yes, not only do I think they are private people, but they (esp. Gina) also strike me as the types who wouldn't want to make a big deal out of things to steal attention away from others still on the show.

IMO, they'll let it slip some time after the reunion show that they're together, rather than announcing it out loud. Somebody will eventually figure it out -- all it would take is a postal worker to notice mail going to the same address or something like that.

04-05-02, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: This is HUGE!"
I just came from the SeeBS Survivor Chat, and she once again insisted they are not a couple, she is not moving to La Jolla--she IS moving out west, but only to pursue a graduate degree in Environmental Studies, and for "other opportunities" that might help pay for that education. . . I guess we can add Gina to the list of actor wannabes *sigh*--but at least she seems to have more to offer than the average Survivor boob; her tenure as the Seed-spitting Queen has certainly helped give her some polish and "eptitude" at the PR thing.

Other than this, she really didn't have anything to add to the Early Show appearance; the chat is set up in such a way that they carefully pick and choose which questions she responds to, and I'm sure they're very careful about what those responses actually are. Very superficial stuff--the crabs were great but left a bad taste afterward, they were told which leaves were best for toilet paper, she would've liked to have had a shot at some individual challenges, and her FL lifestyle helped make the "survival" (camping and no-nos) a non-issue.

GT

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-05-02, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: This is HUGE!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-02 AT 10:06 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-05-02 AT 09:55 AM (EST)

I agree this is HUGE and that Rob goes this week.

It could mean K/N/P team up with Z/T to override John's vote request. We have only seen John promise to take Rob to final 7 not the other Rotu.

edited to take out comment on no merger ~ but fogot to put the edit note in.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-05-02, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: This is HUGE!"

>However does it necessarily have to
>be a merge? They
>could push it one more
>week to throw them off
>and Rotu lose IC. It
>was rumored to be delayed.

The previews for next week's show showed the merge and how the three former Rotus come home and how Kathy says that they are all lying to her.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-05-02, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: This is HUGE!"
Smile, like your quote at the bottom.

Kind of like David Hume on Miracles

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-05-02, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gina on Early show: possible spoiler?"
I thought the same thing...she said he was stupid in the game but was a really great person outside of the game. Patricia made a similiar comment about what a sweet person Rob was, how would she know unless she had more time to get to know him. IMO, Rob makes it to Loser Lodge.

Gina's comments regarding Sean were more "in the game" related. I think he makes it to the jury.

Maraarotu 80 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maraarotu Click to send private message to Maraarotu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "I think Jane was hushed."
I agree that it was a major spill by Gina and I also think that the "Survivor Cops" put a halt to the "tell me about everyone" question. They all seemds a bit anxious after the break.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-05-02, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I think Jane was hushed."
Also, I remember Sarah saying that she and Rob "should have teamed with Hunter and Gina", no mention with Sean and Vee. I thought maybe that meant she bonded with Hunter and Gina, but what if the four of them bonded at loser lodge--and Sean and Vee went a lot further...

04-05-02, 10:48 AM (EST)
11. "RE: I think Jane was hushed."
Don't know how likely such an alliance would've been, since H/G seemed determined to play the game straight, and Rob would've been playing his own angle regardless--but Gina DID say something about how Rob played it stupid, "he could've made a better choice early in the game, but chose to go a different direction." She also added that she thinks "you CAN play as a nice person and win, but the game is so crazy, it's 85% luck,"--the fact that she is out and "Rob is still in the game" seemed to me to be an attempt to undo her slip earlier in the interview, but her implication that she got to know him outside the game (and I'm willing to bet he is NOT one of the ones she's interacted with IRL) seems too big to undo.

GT

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I think Jane was hushed."
>Also, I remember Sarah saying that
>she and Rob "should have
>teamed with Hunter and Gina",
>no mention with Sean and
>Vee.

This could also be interpreted to mean that Sean or Vee (or both of them) ultimately contributed to Rob's downfall.

S.O.B.

In The Woods 55 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail In%20The%20Woods Click to send private message to In%20The%20Woods Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I think Jane was hushed."
I overslept the interview with Gina this morning, but from what has been written, I totally agree Rob will be gone. And, as Vee's #1 fan, after watching last night, Its obvious she doesn't care for Rob, and possibly Sean. I like the thought of P/K/N teaming with Z/T, but I think Vee is going to be with them too.

Ogachu 58 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ogachu Click to send private message to Ogachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I think Jane was hushed."
>This could also be interpreted to
>mean that Sean or Vee
>(or both of them) ultimately
>contributed to Rob's downfall.
>

I agree with this comment. More Vee than Sean, though. I thought it was interesting when Gina said "I think even Rob has said that" referring to her comment that if he had made different decisions earlier in the game, things would have been different for him. So, far I can't recall Rob EVER making a comment like that, or at least that we've heard. Sarah did, they should have aligned w/H&G, but not Rob. Maybe he made that comment to Gina at Loser Lodge afterwards. But, not yet that we've been made aware of in the game. Unless I just missed it.

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: I think Jane was hushed."
"I can't recall Rob EVER making a comment like that,"

Yes, he said that they should not have booted Peter after they lost the 2nd IC. He also said that he could go with Hunter or go with Sean and look stupid.

"When she said Rob M. played the game stupid she added "he made some mistakes EARLY ON." In her eyes those are voting off Patricia (umm okay) and Hunter (she has a point). Also becoming so close with Sarah so soon was stupid as well."

No, these were from her point of view, not Rob's. Hunter's boot turned out to be a good thing because of the swap. Rob was right to align with Sarah since Hunter and Gina saw no reason to align with anybody at the time. Patricia was not really stronger than Sarah so either one could go. Booting Pat and Hunter took away all Gina's power, not Rob's.

Fashionista007 34 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fashionista007 Click to send private message to Fashionista007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I think Jane was hushed."
Hopefully we can get more hints from the former castaways via Jane's questioning. BRYANT QUIT!!

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-05-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "THIS COULD ALSO MEAN...."
That we end the game in a Rotu final four situation instead of a Mammoo - meaning that if he had played the game better and Mammoo had all gotten along and worked better together, they may have ben able to dominate.

Personally, I've grown to like Rob - and I think he's been very smart at manipulating things at this point. And I cant fathom Zoe (liar) or John (idiot) making it much further in this game.

Fashionista007 34 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fashionista007 Click to send private message to Fashionista007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Gina on Early show: possible spoiler?"
When she said Rob M. played the game stupid she added "he made some mistakes EARLY ON." In her eyes those are voting off Patricia (umm okay) and Hunter (she has a point). Also becoming so close with Sarah so soon was stupid as well.

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-05-02, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Gina on Early show: possible spoiler?"
I would say that these comments say that Gina and Rob had to have spent time off of the island.

With that said, How did or does Rob get voted off? The way I see it is John+3 votes for Rob, P/N/K either jump on the bandwagon and pick Rob also OR they vote for Sean. Rob and the rest of the mob vote for John. Either way if Rob doesn't win immunity (who thinks he will?) the John+3 crew will have the upper hand unless the old/new Moo team up. I don't know if they will be that smart though.

smiles

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Gina in Survivor Chat"
I didn't know if this deserved a new thread or not so I thought I would just put it in here. For some strange reason I thought I would participate in the survivor chat at the cbs website. Most of it was realllllly boring and I had to have a cup of coffee to stay awake *L*.

She did say one thing that I thought was VERY INTERESTING! On the early show she had this to say about rob..."He played the game stupid, he'll even tell you that. But he's still in the game and I'm not, so maybe he's smarter than me."
On the CBS chat she said "Rob played very well...and then that part about him being in it and her not...she also added she wouldnt have used this strategy. I think by this she has just stuck the nail in the coffin as to who goes next week!!!!

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-05-02, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "WHY DOES"
Rob have to go next week? Wouldn't Gina's comment apply to Rob going say...in episode 10?

Wouldn't she have been able to spend some time with him at the wrap party?

04-05-02, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: WHY DOES"
I think she changed her story because she thought she had let slip that he doesnt get much further in the game

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: WHY DOES"
I also don't think it necessarily means he goes next week, but the "played stupid" comment and then the flip-flop after being scolded by the CBS sensors means he goes rather soon. Definitely a cover-up.

He could win the first individual IC easily if it were physical. That would explain a Kathy ep. 7 boot. But as soon as he loses IC it's Buh-bye. You CAN play stupid and make the jury. Otherwise, most of them wouldn't qualify for the jury if playing smart was a pre-requisite!

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-02, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Gina on Early show: possible spoiler?"
HOT OFF THE PRESS FROM GINA'S CBS CHAT

Just wanted to give you guys the scoop from Gina's chat this afternoon on CBS.

Q: What did you think of Rob and his strategy?
A: Rob played the game very well -- of course he's still in the game and I'm not. His strategy was one that I would never use but it fit him well.

Notice she doesn't say anything about his "stupid mistake" like she did this morning on the Early Show. Could this be a little damage control by CBS and MB?

Some other notable answers:

Q: Don't have the exact words -- something about how she felt about Sarah.
A: Sarah is a super sweet person outside the game, but in the game I did not like the way she played.

Q: Who did you find most attractive?
A: Rob and Hunter and Gabe.

I wonder if there's anything to her saying Rob first -- probably not, just a thought. There is so much talk about a romance. What if it were really between Gina and Rob rather than Gina and Hunter? Any thoughts?

04-05-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Gina on Early show: possible spoiler?"
*L* sorry samboohoo i beat you to it

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-05-02, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Gina on Early show: possible spoiler?"
Something Gina said made me believe that he WON'T be going next week. On the CBS chat, she talked about leaving the frying pan behind in the raid, and said.."We left it Rob. We didn't forget it". Seems like she's been wanting to say that for a LONG time. Wouldn't she have had the chance at loser lodge if he was there with her?

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-05-02, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "disagree"
>Something Gina said made me believe
>that he WON'T be going
>next week. On the CBS
>chat, she talked about leaving
>the frying pan behind in
>the raid, and said.."We left
>it Rob. We didn't forget
>it". Seems like she's been
>wanting to say that for
>a LONG time. Wouldn't she
>have had the chance at
>loser lodge if he was
>there with her?

...more likely, it was such a small issue that it was never brought up again until she saw last week's ep with Rob taunting the Maramu's as they left the raid. I seriously doubt Rob or anyone would even remember to bring it up when they ran into the Maramu members after being eliminated from the game. But, upon seeing it again on TV, now she wants to get in her shot at Rob.

This is very similar to Sara's comments that she didn't know that Gina felt that way about her in the game or was making all those faces at her until she saw the tape....by your logic, based on those comments Gina is a safe bet to make the merge, and we all know how that turned out.

Remember, about 85% of what is being seen on the tv show is brand new to the contestants themselves, either because it involves one on one confessional clips or footage from the other tribe.

NorthOfBoston 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-05-02, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NorthOfBoston Click to send private message to NorthOfBoston Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Gina on Early show: possible spoiler?"
Thank you everyone for posting summaries on Gina spots; I too woke up late and missed all but the last part of her interview; I remember thinking to myself, Why the h*ll are they spending so much time spitting watermelon seeds? Where is the interview??!! And who the h*ll does this on national tv ANYWAY?

I agree with all above who think this is a definite red alert to noting Rob's exit next week. While I think Rob could easily win an individual immunity challenge, I now think he goes next week. Thus, "True Lies" refers to all of those pieces Zoe was telling Kathy (Kathy assumes Zoe is lying and that Zoe is really setting her up as the next boot target, & it turns out that she ISN'T the next target, Rob is... which of course doesn't mean she ISN'T a target AT ALL)

Thanks again for the summaries! I can't wait to see the tensions after the merge!

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-06-02, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Don't Think So"
I think Gina was referring to Rob being instrumental in voting out Hunter, not in how he played the rest of the game. She is obviously smitten with Hunter and that is what is important to her. She was even comparing watermelon spitting aerodynamics to flying a plane, which Hunter does. To Gina the most important thing Rob did was to vote out Hunter. That is what she means that she wouldn't have played the game like he did. I don't think Rob goes next.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-02, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "NOT SO FAST!!!"
Guys, don't forget that Burn-it
is notorious for red herrings and mindf--ks. This whole deal could have been set up by Burn-it to make us THINK Gina had spilled the beans, when in fact she, on his instructions, could have been bulls--ttng us by acting like she had spilled the beans and then acting like she and Jane had been shushed, when in fact it is possible that no such things actually happened. Sorry, guys, call me a skeptic on this one. I've seen too many MB red herrings to buy it that easily.

Granvil the 4th 38 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-02, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Granvil%20the%204th Click to send private message to Granvil%20the%204th Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Gina on Early show: possible spoiler?"
Wait a minute - hold on. In RL, I am known to be a person who sits back and watches and listens to everything and occasionally jumps in and says, "Hold on, that's not right." I THINK I'm about to do that here - before I do, I want to say that I COULD be wrong, and if I am, someone please quickly squash my incorrectness.

I have seen way too many posts on many different threads talking about Gina's Early Show quote, saying Rob is a nice guy outside the game. I actually saw that for the first time on a thread before I had the chance to go home and watch the tape of it. When I did watch it, I don't recall her saying those words. I recall her saying, "Rob was stupid in the game, but is a really nice guy." Period. No "outside the game." Gina seems to me to be a really nice girl - the type that doesn't like to slam people unless she REALLY doesn't like them. Now, granted, she didn't caveat her comments about Sean in the same way, but we all know that the contestants can be edited to be completely different than they are in RL. We have Sarah's comments saying Rob is exactly like how he is portrayed, but I digress. Gina could have been talking about her opinion of how Rob played the strategy up to the merge, but he's really a nice person, and have absolutely nothing to do with getting to know him better at LL.

Now, having said all of that, understand I am not trying to advocate that Rob stays this week - I'm not decided on that point yet. Bebo brought up a good point on another thread about how everyone would feel about putting the Robfather on their jury, but then we have all of the other reasons in this thread for our possible bootees. I just didn't want to go off of an improper assumption. Can someone check to see what Gina really said? I'll watch the tape again tonight when I get home.

Granvil

P.S. I posted this same message in one other thread, but it seems to apply here better (maybe?)

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-02, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Gina on Early show: possible spoiler?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-02 AT 11:21 PM (EST)

Since there has been a lot of debate on what exactly Gina said on the Early Show I did a little hunting on the CBS.Com website and found this from the Early Show's website.
This is the link to the video:
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/videoplayer/newVid/framesource2.html?clip=/media/2002/04/05/video505471

I haven't posted very much on here, so if this was supposed to be a link I'm sorry! This looks like it came from newspaper article, but could find no author or paper...here's the link to it: http://www.cbsnews.com/earlyshow/entertainment/celebspot/20020201survivor_marq_guide.shtml

NEW YORK -- Another immunity challenge win for the Rotu tribe forced the four remaining members of Maraamu to send a member of the "family" home. Gina Crews, the only original member of Maraamu, was unanimously voted off by Paschal, Neleh and Kathy. She joined Jane Clayson on The Early Show.

Clayson wanted to know if Gina was voted off simply because the original members of the Rotu alliance stuck together?
"I don't necessarily think it was that simple but they did have a bond that formed in the first 10 days. They didn't have to play the game. So when we had to go to our first tribal council as a five-member group, when we voted Sarah out, they didn't experience the game until then," Crews said. "It's hard to step in and break up some bond that was formed."

She said she understood their vote and that she did have a bond with them. But, she added: "I know that in the immunity challenge, I probably would have given them a run for their money so it was a good time to get me out."

Clayson noted Crews "had two very different experiences" and asked her to compare the first tribe with the second.

"The first tribe was -- it was very difficult for me there because I went into the game and I wanted to play as a team. All those members -- most of those problems were caused by playing as an individual and that kind of left a bad feeling in me."

Clayson asked, "Were they individuals or were they just flat lazy?"

"A little bit of both, I think," replied Crews. "You know, I've always had to work very hard for everything I've ever gotten and to go out there and not to want to get involved in trying to get food and water was a very difficult thing for me to handle."

"You said that the switch was the best day of the game for you," Clayson remarked.

"It was. It was the best day, probably since I had gotten a call that I had my first interview in Atlanta," Crews bubbled. "It was awesome, you know, I felt refreshed and actually it was an experience. That's how I wanted to experience 'Survivor.' It was a family feeling."

Crews talked about the reward challenge. "It was awesome. I have to say that's probably the best race I've been in. We were literally two minutes behind those guys and they did not have a clue of what was going on in the water. Kathy and I got out there and worked together and, you know, just came ahead and won."

Clayson wanted to know what happened during the immunity challenge.

"We just did not work as a team during the immunity challenge. That's the number one problem right there," Crews said. But she also didn't blame Kathy who had been leading the tribe. "We kind of put her in that position. We chose, you know. She said, 'I'll go first.' We said, 'That's fine.' So we put that in her hands; so it wasn't her fault.

Crews, who has a degree in wildlife ecology is a real outdoorswoman. She said the physical side of the game wasn't hard. "I never once felt challenged, to be honest with you," she told Clayson.

Not even once?

"With my first team, I was challenged just because -- in a different way, but as far as the environment and basically the game, I never felt really challenged."

Crews explained her strategy: "To play the game as I wanted to and that was to be a nice person and to basically do what I would do in life. That's what I did." And yes, she thought a nice person could win. "I think you can comfortably win as a nice person. That game is so wild. It's 85 percent luck."

Clayson asked Crews to talk about her old tribe mates and new tribe mates. "First thing that comes to your mind -- Rob?" she asked?

Crews was blunt. "A little stupid on the island but a great person. He's -- you know, it's the way he played the game. I just -- I think he could have strategized a lot better and things could have been a lot differently if he would have made one, you know, crucial decision early in the game and he didn't. He chose to go another way and even talked about it and I think that was a stupid decision on his part, but he still is in the game and I'm not so I guess he's smarter than I am."

She didn't seem so fond of Sean either. "Sean is an angry person to me. We didn't get along that well at all. But I don't, you know -- from the game -- Sean is an angry person."

Clayson asked, "What about Sarah?"

"You know, Sarah is a nice girl. She really is. I got to know her, you know, after I got voted off but in the game. I think she could have played it a little bit differently. You got 16 people that are playing the game differently. Every one of them has a different strategy. And I didn't like hers in the game at all. And, of course, she was one of the ones that voted out Miss Patricia and Hunter," Crews answered.

And, she was asked about her good friend Hunter. Apparently they had bee seen together since coming back from Survivor. Was something going on?

"We're just friends. I have been to California to visit Hunter," Crews said. "I saw a couple people from the show, so he's not the only one that I've seen. But Hunter and I were definitely just friends. He is a great person, great personality. He's definitely cute --but we're just friends.

Clayson then revealed something about Crews that not many people might have known. Crews was the National Watermelon queen.

"It was a public relations job, " Crews explained. "I traveled around the United States, Canada and Mexico promoting watermelons."

And she also won a national watermelon seed-spitting contest. "38 feet, 11 inches is my record," proudly told Clayson.

Sounds kind of typical for a Survivor.

SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS OFFICIAL SITE

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(Edited for grammatical mistakes.)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •