The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Howard Dean 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-18-04, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-04 AT 00:10 AM (EST)

OK .... I'm resigning as a member of the Lex fan club. It was bad enough last week when he voted out Colby. Did he really think his tribe was going to win any more challenges after that?

(This week, not suprisingly, they didn't.)

But then he goes and sends Ethan packing.

A group of cub scouts could beat Mogo Mogo in a challenge now.

Earth to Lex: Remember? The idea is to have *more* people in your tribe before the merge. Not less. Otherwise, the other tribe picks you off one by one.

Lex says he was just trying to vote out the "biggest threat." Ok fine, Lex. You are left in a tribe of three women and yourself. Who do you think the biggest threat is now????

Duhhhhhh!

But heavens to mercy if MB doesn't save Lex from himself. Next week, instead of a merge, it looks like there's going to be a "switch." And if Lex is lucky, he just might end up in Chapera, which has the numbers advantage.

Hmm ... I wonder which "big threat" Lex thinks he can betray over there? Tom?

That's it, Lex, keep voting out all of your potential allies. Pretty soon there'll be no "big threat" left to vote out except you.

Bye Lex. I'm rooting for someone else from now on.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-18-04 1
   RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... I_AM_HE 03-18-04 2
       RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Dakota 03-18-04 3
           RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... AugustGirl 03-18-04 4
           RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... KeithFan 03-18-04 5
               RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... AMAI 03-18-04 13
                   RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... KeithFan 03-19-04 21
                   RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Tiggertramp 03-22-04 34
       RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-19-04 20
   RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Laurie 03-18-04 16
       RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-22-04 35
 RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Cin 03-18-04 6
   RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Gin 03-18-04 12
       RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-24-04 40
 RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Blow by Blow 03-18-04 7
   About eye candy Sagebrush Dan 03-18-04 17
 RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... shanana banana 03-18-04 8
 RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... managerr 03-18-04 9
   The huge mistake was way back when ... toddE 03-18-04 10
   RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... ginger 03-18-04 11
       RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... AMAI 03-18-04 14
 RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... AMAZON 03-18-04 15
 RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Oscirus 03-18-04 18
 RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Skiver 03-18-04 19
   RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-19-04 22
       RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... toddE 03-19-04 24
           RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Skiver 03-19-04 26
               RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... toddE 03-19-04 27
                   RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-20-04 30
               RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... ADKer 03-19-04 28
           RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-20-04 29
   RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Dakota 03-19-04 25
   RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Dapper 03-23-04 36
       RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-23-04 38
 RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... raidersfantom 03-19-04 23
   RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-20-04 31
       RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Dakota 03-21-04 32
           RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-22-04 33
               RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... raidersfantom 03-24-04 41
                   RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Skiver 03-24-04 42
                       RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Laurie 03-24-04 43
                           RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-24-04 44
                       RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... raidersfantom 03-24-04 45
                           RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Skiver 03-24-04 46
                               RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... raidersfantom 03-24-04 47
                                   RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Dakota 03-24-04 49
                                       RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Laurie 03-25-04 50
                                       RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... raidersfantom 03-25-04 54
                                       RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-29-04 56
                                           RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Laurie 03-29-04 59
                                               RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-29-04 60
                               RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Dakota 03-24-04 48
       RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... raidersfantom 03-23-04 37
           RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-23-04 39
               RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... AMAI 03-25-04 51
                   I agree Lex = Moron Wacko Jacko 03-25-04 52
                       Cobly makes me fall down laughing AMAI 03-25-04 53
                           RE: Cobly makes me fall down laughi... Wacko Jacko 03-29-04 57
                               RE: Cobly makes me fall down laughi... Skiver 03-29-04 58
                       RE: I agree Lex = Moron geg6 03-26-04 55
                           RE: I agree Lex = Moron Howard Dean 03-29-04 62
                   RE: When the "Voting Out The Bigges... Howard Dean 03-29-04 61

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-18-04, 01:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Howard%20Dean Click to send private message to Howard%20Dean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-04 AT 04:16 AM (EST)

By the way, I base my ideas about the "switch" on what I saw in the previews for next week. I know I could have put this in spoilers, but I'm more interested in what all of you think about Lex's strategy.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-04, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
HD, as Spanky said in another thread, how on earth do I always find myself agreeing with someone named "Howard Dean" ?? But I do. Seems we have very similar opinions on Survivor

- looking forward to your Forever Eden summary too, you're a funny guy!

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 04:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Exactly. Voting out Colby was dumb. Ethan dumber. They needed to concentrate on winning challenges into the merge and getting rid of Rob after the merge. Lex must not be worried about going into the merge 3-5 or 3-6. Dumb. And he doesn't know that Kathy is ready to throw herself into the arms of Chapera. Did she come back and give the Mogoites a pep talk about teamwork, commraderie, enjoying the game, the sun, the ocean, the peeing behind trees? NO! She's turned. She's a Chappie. And Lex sends her there again. Dumber.

And as for Jenna Lewis. Don't get me started. I'm started. Jenna destroyed Saboga the first day with her talk about voting out the winners - even before they lost a challenge. Watch your instant replays. Find a challenge where Jenna Lewis didn't screw up. Her big mouth voted out a strong player - Tina - and Jenna and her Mouth let Ethan know he was doomed from the start. So he moped. Tried hard, but his mind was on Jenna and her Mouth and the tribe going along with Jenna and her Mouth. Then she blows the challenges and walks back to camp trashing Ethan. So now the past winners are all gone. And Jenna and her Mouth haven't even gotten on camera with her plan to get rid of Rob post-merge. Well, at least I haven't had to listen to her Mouth. Not that much, anyway. Whew! I feel better.

And I'm mostly angry that the good-looking guys are gone. Now it's just the strategy, back-stabbing, deceit. No stud muffins. Hmmmph. Dear MB: Give the money to charity! This must be how people go maaaaaaaadddddd!

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
*raises fist in solidarity with Dakota*

Yeah! What Dakota said. These are supposed to the smartest players? Please! Lex is an idiot for keeping Jerri and Shii-Ann and Jenna L is certainly NOT an asset to either tribe she has been on. Chapera is winning in spite of Jenna's presence (can you say "shish-ka-bob" Jenna? No? Oh yeah, that's right. That's because YOU caused Chapera to lose that challenge).

Lex is just beyond belief. I do not get his reasoning. If he thinks he'll last long once the merge happens because he has Shii-Ann and Jerri on his side, he's delusional. I'll be doing a jig the night Lex gets booted.

I miss my eye candy Colby.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
What have us men had to look at all season? Sure, you could say Amber, but then she had to open her mouth this season (sorry, Nailbone)

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-18-04, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Oh come on. You are surely not complaining about having some fine women to look at, now, are you?

Alicia is buff and she's a sweetheart and smart

Amber is the cutest - and I like her sweetness.

Even Jerri is fairly decent to look at, figure wise.

Jenna L is okay if you like the earth mother look.

Shii Ann has a nice slim figure too.

There is really quite a lot of eye candy for the straight male and women like me (I like a bit of both kinds of eyecandy )

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-04, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
True, Alicia is a hottie... but she's been MIA for the last couple of weeks.

The others...pffft. Anyone lusting after Boston Bob gets knocked down 3 notches. Jerri- oogling her would be like oogling a rectal probe- it may be shiny and sparkle, but it's gonna hurt.

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-22-04, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
They are only good looking with the "mute" on.

03-19-04, 05:55 AM (EST)
20. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-19-04 AT 05:59 AM (EST)

Thanks. I'll bet the real HD is a Survivor fan too.

The Forever Eden summary has been posted. Hope you like it .

HD, as Spanky said in another thread, how on earth do I always find myself agreeing with someone named "Howard Dean"?? But I do. Seems we have very similar opinions on Survivor

Looking forward to your Forever Eden summary too, you're a funny guy!

Laurie 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-18-04, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Laurie Click to send private message to Laurie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Lex was a paranoid loser in Africa, he has not changed. He sees boogeymen around every bush. Everyone is out to get him. Too bad, cause at first he seemed to have reformed. I guess a zebra doesn't change its stripes!

03-22-04, 05:39 PM (EST)
35. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Sad but true. In fact, looking back at Survivor 3. I think I may have given Lex too much credit for putting that alliance together then. Maybe Ethan, Kim and Tom deserved more credit.

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-18-04, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
I think Lex may be thinking he is can win the lions share of the induvidual ICs just like he did in Africa. I don't think he's too worried about what will happen in the merge......

Cin

Gin 51 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Gin Click to send private message to Gin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
I agree this must be his "thinking." When the merge comes, if Shii Ann & Jerri are left, they'll get voted out first based on their sheer annoyance factor. This might leave him time to set up some alliances? Just wondering?

Ginger

03-24-04, 04:16 AM (EST)
40. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
That may be his thinking ... but in my opinion, he's nuts. Rob's tribe will vote him out in a minute, because he is the biggest threat. He can't win all the challenges, and when he doesn't, it will be bye bye Lex.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-18-04, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
A group of cub scouts could beat Mogo Mogo in a challenge now.

Funny, during the IC I said to my wife, through laughter, "Ten-year-old boy scouts would do better at this challenge than these people." She responded, "I think 10-year-olds would probably do better at most of these challenges." Maybe Burnett should do a Survivor Kids. It wouldn't be worse than American Idol Juniors or whatever it was called.

But back to the topic at hand, Lex (and all of Mogo Mogo) has been shown from day 1 that the focus has been on strategy and alliances and the post-merge game. Now we're seeing that storyline play out in the most horrible way. This tribe is tragic and it couldn't be more clear that a team that has fun together is going to do better than a team that takes itself too seriously.

And about JennaL, she mostly drives me crazy, especially when she opens her mouth. After the first two episodes I was ready to see her drown in the ocean. Now that her personality is overshadowed on Chapera things aren't quite so bad and I think she has a great shot at redeeming herself in my eyes.

Now, about eye-candy. Us guys are given Amber to look at. Sadly, whenever she opens her mouth she goes from being a 9 to being a 3. It's painful for me. Maybe there's a reason Playboy doesn't put out Books-on-Tape. The other eye-candy for the guys was JennaM, but she was looking way too gaunt for my taste, and then left the show with tears and sympathy all around. Not sexy. Some people might be confused and think JennaL is eye-candy. They're wrong. Do I need to mention the others?

Women (and more flexible men), on the other hand got to have Colby, Ethan and Rob to look at. I don't understand the Rob attraction, but he clearly appeals to plenty of people. I guess it's the tool-belt phenomenon. Colby's a little slump-shouldered and Ethan's hair is right out of the Sideshow Bob salon, but their bodies are great and exposed practically all the time.

I may need to stop watching this show. Maybe.

</rant>

-BbB

I do more to not work than actual work.

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "About eye candy"
The straight guys, so far, have lost interest in the women as soon as they open their mouths. The same is true on the other side of the fence. The guys' personalities turned them into virtually zero interest.
As far as my personal taste, the last decent pre-open-mouth eye candy was way-y-y-y back in S7: Andrew.
I think I'd go straight for Kathy (honest! I think she's rather sexy when her hair isn't plastered to her head, or she's not wearing a bandana. She's got a great smile.).
As far as Lex goes, I think I'd vote him off because my life would be in danger just to be near him during one of those frequent lightning storms, with those piercings and all. That guy's a walking lightning rod! I can see the headlines now: "Man dies of fried n!pples!!"

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
I think Lex may have gone insane. I have NO idea what his "strategy" is --- I was pretty shocked last night that he still wanted to get rid of "threats" on his team when (a) Mogo keeps losing challenges, and (b)if he was counting on a merge next week, who is left to be the votable threat out on his team besides himself?????? Lex, what is wrong with you???

I agree that Kathy is a Chapera in mindset now for all other intents and purposes. It's going to be interesting how the re-aligning of tribes works out for everyone next week. I think Kathy will do well. I think Lex will not, but you never know.

I hope Lex is NOT thinking he can win all the individual ICs this year like he did in Africa with Boston Rob still in the game. BR is definitely the athletic competition to beat this time around. That being said, I am really looking forward to the TC when Boston Rob goes DOWN. As much as I have no idea what Lex is doing, I want him to at least outlast BR.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-18-04, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
I thought Ethan called it when he said Lex was holding a bit of resentment from his season. But I don't like Ethan so who cares.

It did surprise me that Kathy supported the gang with Colby's boot and then Ethan's. The only thing I can think of is that both of them must have been extreme downers around camp. Both must have brought a lot of "negative energy" so to speak.

Although, once Colby was gone, I would at least think about booting Ethan too. If I'm Lex and I screwed up by voting off Colby--I don't want to take Ethan into the merge. He wins immunity they target you. So at this point, take out Ethan and hope *you* win immunity. I don't think the huge mistake was last night, it was voting for Colby instead of Shii Ann.

And Lex should have just grabbed that bow away from Jerri. He rocked with the bow during his season.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "The huge mistake was way back when they took out Hatch"
Mogo Mogo imploded when they decided to get rid of Rich instead of Ethan. Kathy made a big mistake that time. It is ironic that Colby talked about "cutting out the cancer" because Ethan was really more of a cancer than anyone, and Colby himself wasn't so great in the attitude department.

If they had kept Rich and booted Ethan, the tribe would have been happier and more united. Instead, Colby caused a lot of strife with his plan to get Hatch. (Again, Kathy should never have gone along with it. She and Lex should have said they were sticking with an Ethan boot regardless of Colby's plan). After Colby got rid of Dicque, he alienated the women and destroyed himself, really. And Ethan was in a negative mindset from the beginning, never appeared to contribute anything, and is no loss. He was very NOT ENTERTAINING! At this point, the only Mogo who hasn't made a big mistake is, ironically, Shii-Ann.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Lex's whole strategy appears to be post-merge thinking. He is simply removing the alpha dogs he can -- at the moment, he's picking off the ones on his own tribe. I'm sure his post Ethan-boot thinking is, "Now I just have to wait for the merge and knock out Boston Rob and Rupert." Also, either Shi or Jerri might make a good Number Two choice for the final decision.

I'm not saying it's a good strategy, but there is probably method to the madness.

And Ethan was a whining limpet this season, so I'm just as glad to see him walk.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

03-18-04, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
LOL a whining limpet.

He whined a lot, but he did exit with grace, if not much dignity.

This tribe has had a few bad moments, but I really think they're kind of nasty.

I see it as a karma thing. After Sue left, I wanted to see them sit down and eat together and talk about all that had happened.

I really think it would have made a big difference to the Mogo Tribe to have sat down and aired the feelings that the two different events of "Real Life" had had. Instead, Mogo was all gung ho, so of course most of Chapera said, okay, let's play.

That was an opportunity lost, IMO. Mogo would have benefited from hearing HOW Chapera dealt with seeing Jenna leave for the reason she left, and talking about how they dealt with Sue's depression and her subsequent departure. The Chapera tribe IS very upbeat & positive, and deals well even with unhappy situations. The MoGo attitude seemed good in the beginning - don't start with alliances, just focus on doing the survival part and so on. Maybe it's just that most of these players came with agendas none of which included enjoying the experience.

So, Colby, Ethan, Hatch - it doesn't matter in what order they get rid of people at this tribe. They're all Misery Sh|ts

AMAZON 98 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-04, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAZON Click to send private message to AMAZON Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
The Mogo Mogo downfall began when Hatch (the only MM with ANY entertainment value whatsoever, except maybe Shi-Ann) was bounced. He was a physical asset to the challenges as opposed 2 Shi-Ann or Jerri. He also didn't bring the negativity Colby and Ethan seemed to bring to the tribe.

The thing that Colby and Lex had in common is that when they appointed themselves as leaders they put their own interests and motives ahead of what would benefit the team. Colby had personal issues with Rich and Jerri while Lex felt personally threatened by Colby and Ethan.

Even worse are the sheepish Mogos that go along with these foolish plans.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-18-04, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
I thought it was a good move on Lex's part. Lex now has a vote in his back pocket as opposed to keeping Ethan around and being at the mercy of Kathy.Ethan really wasn't helping the outcome of the immunity challenges anyway. Pretty stupid of Kathy though.

Bring back the spice rack
Congragulations to the apprentice Mr Kwame Jackson

Skiver 1118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-18-04, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Skiver Click to send private message to Skiver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
I'm with you, HD. I've rarely been as disgusted by someone's playing in Survivor as I have been by Lex's ridiculous "move". Colby called him "desperate" in his web-chat, and that goes a long way to summing Lex up. There's also baffled, moronic, and hypocritical.

Baffled: Lex wanted desperately (there's that word again) to be in control, and didn't have a clue how to do it. So he began striking out at random.
Moronic: Makes his so-called move by dismantling an alliance that would have had a great chance at winning team immunities and many individual immunities, through voting off the two most trustworthy people left in the game. Ethan stuck with him to the end in Africa, for God's sake.
Hypocritical: Lex organizes his boot, and wants credit for telling Ethan beforehand. Did he really think Ethan would have been 'blind-sided' by being voted off? No, he wanted to act like a snake and still retain his evidently fragile self-worth. It wasn't about Ethan, it was about Lex himself.

Ethan and Colby may say they're over it, but I'm not. I hoped to see an alliance of capable, intelligent people take it all the way to the end this time, as befits an "All-Star" series. There was a chance, before Colby went, that we could have had a final four without the make-weights, the whiners, the d*ckheads. But that's not going to happen, now. Lex has ruined the whole damned series.

What an a**hole.

Skiver

03-19-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
22. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
I totally agree with you. That's the problem when the players use the "Vote Out The Biggest Threat" strategy too often. By the final four, all you have left are the make-weights, the whiners and the d*ckheads.

Exhibit A: Survivor 7.

It's been going on for the last three or four Survivors, and it only cheapens the show.

Still, let's hope that Lex has ruined only this season, not the whole series.

Maybe Surivor 9 or 10 will be better.

There was a chance, before Colby went, that we could have had a final four without the make-weights, the whiners, the d*ckheads. But that's not going to happen, now. Lex has ruined the whole damned series.

03-19-04, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Not to start this up again, but 6 and 7 were two of the most popular and highly rated seasons. 5(Thailand)should have been your cup of tea since it was dominated and won by a strong guy who was also an upfront manipulator. 4(Marquesas and my personal favorite season) had an old man and three women, so you must have hated that one. Season 3 (Africa) had the physically strong and united guys controlling everything, so you must have enjoyed it, but it was one of the less-popular seasons as well. Season 2 even only had Colby, none of the final 6 besides him were physically competitive. Even the original (which was the bomb!) had 2 fairly strong competitors (Rich and Kelly W.) but also 2 non-threats (Sue and Rudy) plus one idiot (Sean K.).
Maybe a Survivor composed of all physically strong players would be a hit--it's certainly possible even looking at various past players--but that isn't the formula MB wants, at this point anyway.

03-19-04, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Skiver Click to send private message to Skiver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
HD, I meant season. I'm still (somewhat) hopeful about Survivor in future seasons. (In Britain we call each season a 'series').

toddE, although I'm a fan of Survivor, I reckon the endings have always been a giant let-down - with maybe Africa being the exception. Even then, the final four of Africa included the make-weight Kim J.

Wouldn't it be great to see a final four of people who'd worked hardest and were the most ethical, the most trustworthy? Just once when the philosophy of UTR players 'voting out the biggest threat' failed because the 'biggest threat' was just that, and voted their UTR asses off. Screw the fact that that's not 'the game'. Let's see more than one likeable person make it to the end.

Skiver

I seem to be ranting a lot these days. It's late Friday afternoon. Time for a chill pill - or even better, a beer.

03-19-04, 05:56 PM (EST)
27. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Now, see, I'd say Rich, Tina and Sandra were all likable. Jenna wasn't exactly likable. Brian was really not likable. I didn't care for Ethan, and he didn't have much strategy--he was a physically strong UTR player. Vecepia was truly UTR. But all of them deserved to win as evidenced by them winning.

But I wouldn't really be interested in a F4 of people who worked the hardest and were the most ethical. That actually seems boring.

Anyway, the Friday afternoon beer definitely sounds good!

03-20-04, 07:35 PM (EST)
30. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
LOL .... Go enjoy your beer.

And see my response to your other post, which you can find in #29.

- HD

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-19-04, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Skiver - I believe that Survivor kind of had a season dominated by a "moral" approach to the game in Australia. That was the season that got me hooked, but it would get boring if every season was more holy than the last.

I think Lex was right to be afraid of Ethan. Ethan would not betray Lex but could very well beat Lex if they were the final two for the same reason that MamaKim picked Ethan to go to the finals; Ethan is just a little more likeable than Lex. Booting Colby was a mistake; Colby is totally trustworthy and blunt enough to offend some jury members. Hatch was trustworthy for a while longer, but booting him was Colby's idea, not Lex's.

03-20-04, 07:33 PM (EST)
29. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
What I like are the seasons when interesting people put together good strategies and follow through on them. My favorite seasons are Survivors 1 through 6.

In Survivor 1, Rich masterminded the classic strategy. In Survivor 2, Tina and Colby filled in the details of the classic strategy, basing it on keeping your word to the members of your alliance and following through. In Survivor 3, Lex and Ethan did essentially the same thing. In Survivor 4, Sean, Vessepia and Kathy didn't begin on top, but they turned things around, and followed through on their strategy, again staying true to the members of their alliance. In Survivor 5, Brian was a little more decietful, but he kept to his word and followed through at least until it was down to the final 5.

In Survivor 6, Rob C revised a lot of that, in that his alliance made adjustments along the way, but he still had a clear strategy. He didn't depend as much on integrity as he did in his ability to make a deal on the fly. That caught up with him in the end, when there was no one left to make a deal with, and Jenna M, knowing that he was a snake, eliminated him.

The only seaon that I don't particularly like is Survivor 7, because no one had a clear and convincing strategy that they were able to carry out through the game. Rupert was great at first, but he was too imperious, and so his alliance was snuffed out by Johnny Fairplay. Johnny couldn't keep his alliance together for the opposite reason. He was too much of a snake. He broke his promises to the women and treated them like dirt, and it wasn't long before, like Rob C, he had no one left to make a deal with.

When I see things like what Lex did this week, I am beginning to think that the same thing will happen with Survivor 8, which is pity, since this is All Stars.

Not to start this up again, but 6 and 7 were two of the most popular and highly rated seasons.

Well, first of all, the most highly rated seasons were Survivor 1 and 2. Survivor 6 and 7 were said to be the most highly rated SINCE Survivor 2. That doesn't mean they were more popular, just that they were ALMOST AS popular as Survivor 2 -- and that wasn't until the finale.

Earlier in the season, Survivor 7 attained ratings that were said to be the highest SINCE Survivor 5.

But even if you were right about the ratings, ask yourself *why* Survivor 6 and 7 were popular. Was Survivor 7 popular because Sandra snuck in at the last minute, or because of Rupert? Was Survivor 6 popular because Jenna snuck in and won, or because of Rob C, as well as the beautiful Amazon setting and all of the sexual tension from the whole battle of the sexes thing?

To be honest with you, when I think of Survivor 5, I'm more likely to remember the other tribe, especially that silly bartender from Scottsdale, Arizona. I tend to remember the more interesting players, regardless of which tribe they are on. But yes, I do like the strategy that Brian used, at least until the final 5.

4(Marquesas and my personal favorite season) had an old man and three women, so you must have hated that one.

I don't know where you get the idea that this has anything with gender. As I said above, I loved Survivor 4.

Season 3 (Africa) had the physically strong and united guys controlling everything, so you must have enjoyed it, but it was one of the less-popular seasons as well.

It wasn't just guys, there was a woman in the final two, who had been part of Lex and Ethan's alliance from the beginning. Remember?

Season 2 even only had Colby, none of the final 6 besides him were physically competitive.

That's right. As I said above, season 2 was about personality and integrity, as most seasons are.

Even the original (which was the bomb!) had 2 fairly strong competitors (Rich and Kelly W.) but also 2 non-threats (Sue and Rudy) plus one idiot (Sean K.).

True.

Maybe a Survivor composed of all physically strong players would be a hit--it's certainly possible even looking at various past players--but that isn't the formula MB wants, at this point anyway.

The problem is when people *automatically* vote people out simply because they are physically stong. That is beginning to become the norm on Survivor, and it is wrong, in my opinion. I certainly don't think it's what MB wants, either.

03-19-04, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
>Moronic: Makes his so-called move by
>dismantling an alliance that would
>have had a great chance
>at winning team immunities and
>many individual immunities, through voting
>off the two most trustworthy

Good point and I don't think anyone's mentioned this. With Lex, Ethan and Colby, challenges would more likely be won before the merge, but also, the three of them could have been a powerful alliance AND physcial threat post-merge. Even if the challenges were individual, Ethan, Colby or Lex could take immunity away from Rob and Rupert, thereby giving the three of them a better chance of eliminating Rob, Rupert or whomever they wanted to. Plus, Ethan and Colby aren't bad in the mental challenges either, where the women sometimes do better. In other words, WITH Ethan and Colby, Lex had a better chance of beating Chapera both before and after the merge. Obviously, Lex felt more threatened by Colby and Ethan than by Rob, Tom or Rupert.

>Hypocritical: Lex organizes his boot, and
>wants credit for telling Ethan
>beforehand.
>It
>wasn't about Ethan, it was
>about Lex himself.

Yep!

Dapper 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-23-04, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dapper Click to send private message to Dapper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Yep!

Bang on buddy. I agree 100%. Its been such a long time since a deserving person won survivor (or even made the final 2) that i'm gettin sick of the show. It makes me madder than a hatter when i think of what mogo mogo could have done if they used their brians instead of their egos. I mean, MB puts rich, colby, lex AND kathy on the same tribe!!! When i saw that tribe i nearly crapped my pants! Thats a crazy tribe!
Why these 4 did not make an alliance to the end if beyond me. I used to think Lex was smart, but now he's not. Boot Shii Ann and Jerri for crying out loud, they're both undeserving of a spot in all-stars and also weak players.
Even with Hatch gone, Ethan, Colby, Kathy and the Lexicon could have done very well. But nope, as usual a smart player makes a dumb move. lex is gone in the next 3 episodes i think, and once again, someone undeserving will win. Probly Amber or Jenna Lewis, absolute tools who were at the mercy of the smart players in their seasons.
Well, I guess we have to sit tight and wait for survivor 9. i wonder who will win that one....helen keller???

03-23-04, 05:07 PM (EST)
38. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Yep. That just about sums it up. A super team as opposed to a team of whiners!

Although personally I would have replaced Rich with Ethan, but the other three for sure!

Unfortunately, ego has gotten the better of things, as you said, and made for an ugly Survivor, at least in terms of Mogo Mogo. I think I'll root for Rob and company from now on.

It makes me madder than a hatter when i think of what mogo mogo could have done if they used their brians instead of their egos. I mean, MB puts rich, colby, lex AND kathy on the same tribe!!! When i saw that tribe i nearly crapped my pants! Thats a crazy tribe! Why these 4 did not make an alliance to the end if beyond me.

raidersfantom 137 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-04, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raidersfantom Click to send private message to raidersfantom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Lex is the biggest threat out there right now. He has succesfully eliminated all his competition.

Physically, Rob is Lex's equal, or maybe even superior. Mentally? No way. Rob had trouble figuring out what a friggin' pace was. Don't get me wrong, I hope to hell that Rob goes all the way, and even makes the F2 vote close, but I can't see him winning this thing. So Lex has to beat Rob physically, but knows he can beat Rob at both Q&A and Gross food challenges.

Colby won all the challenges he was in. Mental, physical, endurance (water on the shoulders) so I would get rid of him. Ethan is a spaz, but is very charming, or he wouldn't have dated three former Survivors one of them being a winner. Very threatening if a guy has to make a new alliance.

Lex can beat Tom and Rupert in anything that involves running, and could hold his own if they're in a target shooting game. The women that Lex is left with cannot win anything except endurance and maybe mental. Shii cannot win a mental challenge. She proved that when she asked for Alicia's feather after it had gone like two rounds before.

He can beat Alicia, Amber and Jenna in swimming challenges hands down. So he has no peers left in this game as an overall player. He just has to figure out how to get new alliances after the merge. Every season we get this whole tease about the merge, but it will come and that's that. He knows it's coming and he sized up the post merge competition and knows he'd rather have to focus on one challenge stud rather than three.

To say Lex is not thinking the right way is silly. Alliances fold every year since Season 1. It's too easy to get someone to swing. I think the only thing that may get Lex in the end is if Chapera sticks to their guns, and go to the F6 as a group, rather than this whole "not worthy", cut 'em off BS that started with Tina. We know that Chapera has vowed to do this, so if they do.....

Lex is still the King of All Stars.

03-20-04, 07:53 PM (EST)
31. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
You make some good points.

But I wanted to point out to you that the *winning* alliance endured throughout the game in every Survivor except Survivor 4 and 6.

In every other show, the winning alliance "stuck to their guns," as you put it.

Oh sure, they may have jettisoned one or two players along the way, but the core alliance survived in every Survivor except 4 and 6.

Something to think about.

03-21-04, 10:26 AM (EST)
32. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Lex's downfall is that he's weakening his OWN tribe and eliminating the competition within that tribe, not thinking about the Rob alliance that has been beating them all for twenty-some days. HE HAS TO BEAT ROB!!! before he can beat the competition in his own tribe/alliance. WITH Ethan and Colby, he had a chance to do that. He has Jeri, Kathy and Shii right now, but in a physical challenge, they can't help him beat Rob. Lex seems to think he can beat Rob, Amber and Rupert each time. Doubtful. If he can't beat Rob and Amber and Rupert, Lex and his women will get pagonged.
(Even Michael Jordan couldn't win it all by himself. In fact, it wasn't until Michael became a team player that the Bulls went into their championship era.)
So I predict Lex's demise at the hands of his own strategy. His only hope is that the rift with Rupert and Rob might give him a leg up, but Tom seems to be courting Rupert. Plus Rupert has Jenna, and in two seasons, Rupert has never alligned himself with another man, let alone a strong one. Also, Kathy is likely to pull a Sandra on him - she's probably already planning that with ShiiAnn - especially since she has friends on Chepera. IMO, Lex is on his own. Well, he has Jeri.

03-22-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
33. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-04 AT 05:10 PM (EST)

Yep. I agree with you. As I said in the original post, the key is the tribe, and tribe numbers. Until the merge happens, Lex should have been voting out the weak players, not the strong ones.

The exception to that being Richard Hatch, whose physical strength was not key, but was dangerous from a manipulative standpoint and had to be eliminated. Other than that, Lex should have stayed with Ethan's loyalty and Kathy's friendship and gotten rid of the others.

Once the merge takes place, as you said, Lex can't hope to win each and every physical challenge.

I'm disappointed in Lex largely because I saw him as the architect of a successful alliance in Survivor 3. But it now becomes evident that Ethan, Kim and Tom had a lot more to do with the success of that alliance than Lex did. Nothing like a reunion show to bring clarity.

03-24-04, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail raidersfantom Click to send private message to raidersfantom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"

>I'm disappointed in Lex largely because
>I saw him as the
>architect of a successful alliance
>in Survivor 3. But
>it now becomes evident that
>Ethan, Kim and Tom had
>a lot more to do
>with the success of that
>alliance than Lex did.
>Nothing like a reunion show
>to bring clarity.

Lex didn't keep that alliance together? At the merge, Lex was instrumental in getting Kelly voted out over him, thus keeping the alliance together. If the Samburu's stuck together there, they would have had Kelly on their side and been up at the vote anyways in case of a tie, but Lex was able to pull Brandon to the Boran side. The only thing that happened there was the Tom didn't like the fact that they pulled Brandon over, so IMHO, they voted Brandon out to show Lex that he wasn't calling all the shots.

Lex was the lead in the whole Boran alliance. Ethan couldn't win the challenges so he rode with Lex. Mama Kim was the extra vote they needed in the Boran Boys club once they voted Kelly out. Big Tom was smart and didn't lead, thus avoiding the big target that Lex had after awhile.

In all these alliances we've seen on Survivor, there's always a lead, beacuse someone is smart and doesn't want to be the lead, someone is too weak to lead, or someone just is able to be the lead. Lex was the lead in Africa, and Ethan owes him as much a debt of gratitude as he does MamaKim, because Lex put Boran on his back and carried them to the end.

03-24-04, 11:24 AM (EST)
42. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Sorry, Raidersfantom. It seems that I'm your self-appointed nemesis right now, but it's nothing personal, honest.

Anyway, The only reason Lex had to bring Brandon over to his side in Africa was that he personally had alienated Kelly, by mistakenly blaming her for throwing an insignificant vote in his direction. It was very nearly a stupid mistake, and only scrambling to get Brandon to switch saved his arse. (Let's see if 'arse' gets by the censor).

Skiver

03-24-04, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Laurie Click to send private message to Laurie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Skiver - You are so right! And here I thought I was delusional in remembering Africa the same way you did. Thanks for making me believe I'm not crazy.

03-24-04, 02:40 PM (EST)
44. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Yep. Both of you are sooooo right!

At the time I thought, "OK, Lex made a mistake. Everyone's entitled to a mistake every now and then."

But leave it to All Stars to show that such lapses in judgement are the rule, not the exception, with Lex.

So looking back on it now, I give Ethan, Kim and Tom their due credit in the success of that alliance in Survivor 3.

03-24-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
45. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-24-04 AT 02:55 PM (EST)

Who led Lex to believe that? Was it maybe the person who cast that vote? T-Bird was a pretty shrewd player.

He alienated Kelly, so big deal. He was able to keep his alliance together. Mamakim, Ethan, Big Tom voted against Kelly. Lex promised Brandon final 4 (heh) and got his vote. Do you think that Ethan or Mamakim could've pulled that coup?

ETA: It was the moment Brandon was waiting for, as he had no desire in going any further with Frank.

03-24-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
46. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
It wasn't a who, it was an it. It was the infamous gut. T-bird had nothing to do with it other than lying that she hadn't cast the vote. She even said in confessional that she didn't think it would be any big deal. She certainly wasn't being strategic. Just because he got away with blaming Kelly and organizing her boot doesn't mean it wasn't a dumb move.

Skiver

03-24-04, 06:01 PM (EST)
47. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Golly! What did I do to you Skiver?

That's it, I'm going home and watching that episode, I'll see what his gut told him.

03-24-04, 07:16 PM (EST)
49. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
>That's it, I'm going home and
>watching that episode, I'll see
>what his gut told him.

Do some of you actually have these all taped and like, labeled in sort of a Survivor library of congress? Jeez. I feel so inept as a SurvivorBasher.

03-25-04, 08:06 AM (EST)
50. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Don't feel too inept - I have no Survivor tapes. All I have to go on is my "gut", I am way out of my league when it comes to comparing strategies, alliances, etc. I just remember thinking Lex was crazy paranoid at the time, and although his paranoia seems to have diminished, his current actions lead me to believe it is merely lurking below the surface.

03-25-04, 02:03 PM (EST)
54. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"

>Do some of you actually have
>these all taped and like,
>labeled in sort of a
>Survivor library of congress?
>Jeez. I feel so
>inept as a SurvivorBasher.

I dunno, seems like you just bashed me pretty well

03-29-04, 04:05 AM (EST)
56. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Yeah, I have every episode of Survivor on tape, and last summer I went back and watched Survivor 2 and 3, so it's all fairly fresh in my mind.

Do some of you actually have these all taped and like, labeled in sort of a Survivor library of congress? Jeez. I feel so inept as a SurvivorBasher

Why did I rewatch Survivor 2 and 3 last summer, you ask? Well I sure as heck wasn't going to watch crap like Paradise Hotel.

03-29-04, 03:08 PM (EST)
59. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Thanks for the explanation as to how in the world you can remember so much about all the Survivors. I don't blame you, I'd rather watch taped episodes of any Survivor than put myself through watching one of those Bachelor shows (no offense intended to any bachelor show fans, this is just MY opinion).

03-29-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
60. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
ROFL!!!

It's funny you mention that .... because actually I like The Bachelor.

But what I *don't* like are shows that try to combine elements of Survivor and The Bachelor and end up with disasterous results!

Paradise Hotel was one such show last summer. It stunk to high hog heaven. And it's current clone, Forever Eden, is even worse.

Check out my review of Forever Eden for some comments on how shows can suck when they try to clone Survivor and The Bachelor at the same time.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID66/36.shtml

03-24-04, 07:14 PM (EST)
48. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
I dunno, but when you don't vote out the people trying to eliminate you, things tend to not work out well. Like Rupert not going after JonBoyFromHell.

03-23-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
37. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
>You make some good points.
>
>But I wanted to point out
>to you that the *winning*
>alliance endured throughout the game
>in every Survivor except Survivor
>4 and 6.
>
>In every other show, the winning
>alliance "stuck to their guns,"
>as you put it.

I would like to just make a quick point on this quote. The reason that the Boran Boys and Mama Kim went all the way, is because Kim Powers didn't know how to play. All she had to do was bring Brandon back to her, T-Bird and Frank's side and they could have voted off Lex. Although I think Brandon really didn't want to go to the F4 with Frank.

The only reason the core alliance won in Thailand was because of the stupid delayed merge. I think traditional individual immunities would have changed things quite a bit.

In Pearl Islands, there were two core alliances, Drake vs. Morgan, and that's that. Sandra eventually became an outsider as her original alliance was voted out (Rupe-Christa) and Lill was an Outcast! The flip flopping on alliances in Pearl Islands was even worse than Amazon.

The game of Survivor has changed since the first two seasons. We had the Pagonging in Pulau Tiga and the Colby show in the Outback. It all came down to tribal loyalties. I think that's what Lex has to be thinking. This won't be like the other shows because of both past and outside relationships. If one tribe of misfit buffoons does decide to Pagong another after Rotuing them, then IMO that's the only thing Lex didn't think would happen

My point was that Lex will jump alliances on his Mogomates. He's hoping that maybe outside friendships like Tom and Rob will carry him. That might be his only undoing, him not thinking that perhaps Chapera will pick off Mogo one by one. Remains to be seen, but I would do the same thing as Lex and Rob. Build a harem going into the merge.

03-23-04, 05:18 PM (EST)
39. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
Call it tribal loyalties if you want, but the fact remains that in most Survivors, the winning alliance has stayed together throughout the show. Granted there were some close calls in Survivor 3 and 5, but it prevailed.

As you point out, this is All Stars, and so tribal loyalties are not as strong this time around. Perhaps Lex can forge some alliances after the merge. But I doubt it. Rob's tribe looks pretty formidable.

The wild card is that it looks like the merge is being delayed again this time. There appears to be a "switch" this week instead of a merge. We'll see what happens.

03-25-04, 08:58 AM (EST)
51. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-04 AT 09:02 AM (EST)

Howard Dean, Rob's tribe DOES look formidable, but with a lead at the moment of 6-4, there's a chance it will look good to someone to switch to the other side.

I've been thinking about these decisions of Lex's and reading the boards. A lot of people cite the incredible strength of Colby & Ethan as reasons to keep them and boot the girls instead.

Apart from the fact that those strengths haven't been very much in evidence while there were three tribes, and setting aside the fact that those two players would have presented challenges to Lex for individual immunity, the single most important reason I have for considering Lex's moves good ones is that having an alliance made up of exceedingly strong players (even if only by reputation) when you know you're in the minority tribe, is setting yourself up for failure.

Why?

Because only one of you can have immunity. So if Lex has it, that doesn't protect Colby. It doesn't protect Ethan. They would still have the automatic targets that come from being strong players previously.

By aligning with the women, Lex has a better chance of buying time - three days - in which no one in his alliance is targeted. He would have the chance to suss out the relationships among the Chaperans, and work out whom to approach to join his tribe, and hopefully make the right choice.

When you've been losing with the strong guys, how can you assume that keeping them is going to ensure a win? At some point you have to start planning for "later" for that time when all you will have are your 2 or 3 allies. You don't want to have a minority alliance made up entirely of strong players who will be targeted without a moment's hesitation.

I don't reckon Lex can be successful, but as a move in this game, having already ditched Richard (which I agree in retrospect was the poorer move, and that came from listening to that brainbox Colby), then Lex's only hope was to forge an alliance of physically weaker players who would not instantaneously be turned into targets.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-25-04, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "I agree Lex = Moron"
First off, he couldn't even win the final endurance immunity to a 60 year old woman.

I don't get his strategy at all. He had Colby and Ethan on his side. For sure could've trusted Ethan. And he had two males that were bigger immunity threats than himself too shield himself from the voting out of immunity threats (after the merge).

Now he's got Shii and Jerri - two females that hate each other. Does he really think he can keep that alliance together?

I was a big fan of lex's before and resign from his fan club too. His team of 'girl scouts' stands no chance in winning immunity to the other tribe. What if Burnett/Probst pull the Thailand thing where both tribes live together but compete as two tribes? He is screwed. He should not pull a Shii and assume a merge is coming - it killed her before.

And he should not of eliminated his tribes strongest members so early - remember when Jed or Burton were eliminated before? Also having only 4 tribe members against the other tribes 7 puts them at a disadvantge. If he kept Cobly the score could be 5 to 5. Worry about the stronge immunity threats later. Lex obvisiously didn't study the past results of Survivor.

Lex is playing a real boneheaded game. Actually he is destroying this addition of Survivor already.

03-25-04, 12:54 PM (EST)
53. "Cobly makes me fall down laughing"
I know it's a typo, but I love "Cobly"

tee hee

lol

rofl

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-29-04, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Cobly makes me fall down laughing"
Glad you liked it, from here on out I will refer to Colby and Cobly.

Although with Cobly out of the game there won't be too many occasions to mention his name.

I laughed too upon reading your post. I crank myself up.

03-29-04, 11:26 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Cobly makes me fall down laughing"
... I crank myself up.

Wacko, you've done it again. Deliberate or not, the image of someone placing a jack under their feet and then industriously cranking themselves upwards cracked me up.

Skiver

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-04, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: I agree Lex = Moron"
Gotta agree with everything Howard, Skiver, and Wacko are saying. There is no way that Lex's "strategy" is going to work and I have lost all respect for the guy I once thought was the best player to never win. Now I am thinking that Ethan, Tom, and Kim were much better players than MB led us to believe and, at least for Tom and Ethan, that has been borne out in All Stars. Tom has a good chance of F2 and, though many thought Ethan to be a whiner this game (sorry, but I'd feel a little put out if I got greeted by JennaL the way he did), I thought he did a magnificent job to get as far as he did when it was obvious that no one was going to let him play. Lex is making the classic stupid Survivor move of anticipating the merge. Does he never discuss Thailand with Shii Ann? Duh! The merge will come when it comes and in the meantime take care of your tribe and keep it strong. In case he hasn't been paying attention, he hasn't exactly been the challenge king, especially when juxtaposed with Rob. A strong man alliance of Lex, Colby, Ethan, and Rich could have been unbeatable to F4, when they could honorably begin to vote one another off. Lex was my favorite coming into this. Now I can't wait for him to be voted off, just like I always salivate for the idiots to get voted off. Bummer, bummer, bummer, Lex!

03-29-04, 05:19 PM (EST)
62. "RE: I agree Lex = Moron"
Couldn't have said it better myself

Lex is making the classic stupid Survivor move of anticipating the merge. Does he never discuss Thailand with Shii Ann? Duh! The merge will come when it comes and in the meantime take care of your tribe and keep it strong. In case he hasn't been paying attention, he hasn't exactly been the challenge king, especially when juxtaposed with Rob. A strong man alliance of Lex, Colby, Ethan, and Rich could have been unbeatable to F4, when they could honorably begin to vote one another off. Lex was my favorite coming into this. Now I can't wait for him to be voted off, just like I always salivate for the idiots to get voted off. Bummer, bummer, bummer, Lex!

My salivatory glands are now working overtime for Lex's demise! lol

03-29-04, 05:00 PM (EST)
61. "RE: When the "Voting Out The Biggest Threat" Strategy Backfires ... or ... Saving Lex From Himself!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-04 AT 05:12 PM (EST)

Amai wrote:

Because only one of you can have immunity. So if Lex has it, that doesn't protect Colby. It doesn't protect Ethan. They would still have the automatic targets that come from being strong players previously.

See .... after the merge, it doesn't matter who gets individual immunity, as long as there are more people still around from your former tribe than there are from the other former tribe. Superior numbers from your former tribe will cause people from the other former tribe to be voted out, as long your former tribe is unified and you have an alliance of some sorts with all of them.

To get those superior numbers, you have to win the tribal immunnity challenges before the merge, and that requires strong players.

By alligning himself with the women, Lex has set himself up for a fall, because his tribe is not winning immunity challenges, has fewer people than the competing tribe, and will surely lose against a unified tribe like that of Rob.

Rob is playing it the right way. He has unity in his tribe. They are strong and are winning challenges, and he has an alliance of some sorts with every single one of the members of his tribe.

As for his tribe, Lex was wise to get rid of Richard, because Richard is extremely untrustworthy, and Colby was 50/50 from the point of view of trust.

But Lex should have stayed with Ethan. Ethan would not have betrayed him. By contrast, there is no way on earth that Lex can trust either Shii Ann or Jerri.

His final three could have been Lex, Kathy and Ethan. Now it's only a matter of time before he is gone, and it would not surprise me in the least if Shii Ann is one of the people voting him out.

But hey .... if you're rooting for Shii Ann -- and it's clear that you are -- Lex made a great move ... for Shii Ann that is.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •