The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wild Card place on AI tour"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-20-08, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wild Card place on AI tour"
Read this on MJ's Big Blog today--looks like we may see David H, Amanda, Danny and others in a few weeks:

"5 contestants compete for 1 WildCard Tour Spot (12th 11th 3 others from the top 24). The double-result show will take place on Thursday. Voting might be free or AI might charge $0.10 (or more) for each vote. All proceeds will go directly to the IGB charity.

IGB has been extended to 2 hours and 30 minutes to make room for more Could this be a sign that they are giving the go ahead??

A tour spot is very lucrative. USA Today reports that it is at least a 6 figure salary ($100,000). They might want to have it because WildCard Tour winner = selling more tickets for the tour."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wild Card place on AI tour Tahj 03-20-08 1
 RE: Wild Card place on AI tour CBailey 03-20-08 2
 RE: Wild Card place on AI tour zazzy 03-24-08 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-08, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wild Card place on AI tour"
I think this is cool. I never got why they just didn't let the final twelve go on tour. It seems so anticlimactic to make it all the way to the final twelve and then burn two by not letting them tour.

It's a Tribe!

CBailey 274 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-20-08, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CBailey Click to send private message to CBailey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wild Card place on AI tour"
That really is a good idea. That way on the idol gives back episode instead of voting someone off the show or "fake voting someone off" they can vote for someone to go on tour. Positive theme all around.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-08, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wild Card place on AI tour"
Yahoo has picked up the story:

http://tinyurl.com/36oj6l

Here's part of the article:

-----------

"Idol Update: Wild-Policy To Be Reinstated?

Posted Fri. Mar 21, 4:17 PM ET by Lyndsey Parker in Reality Rocks

Fans of five to-be-determined ousted Idol contestants can rejoice! Because if rumors are true, the long-demanded "Wild Card" policy will soon be reinstated. Huzzah!

Yes, the last-gasp policy that once rescued Clay Aiken from premature obscurity may now save another gone-too-soon singer. See, according to rampant messageboard postings across this great Interweb of ours, five semi-finalists who failed to make the top 10 will return to the American Idol stage for the April 9th Idol Gives Back charity special....on which they will battle for a wild-card slot on this summer's American Idol concert tour."

----------

The article already has 1475 comments--so it appears to be a popular idea. Also, what a way for AI to keep the press buzzing about the show! I think that it is a smart idea, especially if they have a tour drop out, like say for a possibly pregnant Carly...or a possible vocal paralysis sufferer David A.?

It also pimps the tour for AI, which after a really stron tour in Season 5, which added nights/venues due to the demand...was a disappointing tour in Season 6, which never sold out any venue the whole tour.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •