The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mogo Mogo dropped the ball"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

shouldershrugs 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shouldershrugs Click to send private message to shouldershrugs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mogo Mogo dropped the ball"
Mogo Mogo's decision to pick Ethan instead of Rupert will be looked upon as the biggest mistake in the game. The reason they went with Ethan was to vote him out. He was supposed to be gone first chance they get. Instead, Mogo(who lost half their rice supply) votes out the man who has been feeding them. That would have made perfect sense to do, if they had picked Rupert first. Rupert can provide just as good as Rich and it would have given Mogo that much more reason to vote Rich out. Now Mogo is stuck with Ethan and his sorry attempts at fishing while chapera will feast on their full supply of rice and Ruperts fish.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball managerr 02-27-04 1
   RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball tinybubs 02-28-04 3
   RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball dreamerbeliever 02-28-04 6
 RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball munson 02-27-04 2
   RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball AMAI 02-28-04 4
       RE: Mogo Mogo - Smart Moves Dakota 02-28-04 5
       RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball munson 02-28-04 7
           RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball J2Mommy 02-28-04 9
               RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball nailbone 02-28-04 10
                   RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball J2Mommy 02-29-04 11
       RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball AZ_Leo 02-28-04 8
           RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball AMAI 02-29-04 12
 RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball Oscirus 02-29-04 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-27-04, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball"
Well, I do think Colby and Rich grabbed him to vote him out, thinking Rich would stay around and provide fish.

However, I think Lex's plan from the beginning was to "save" Ethan and bring one of the Boran Boys on his team. From there, Ethan-Colby have more in common than Colby-Rich, so it's unsurprising that Ethan was able to sway Rich so easily.

The girls had now better get their act together. I can't believe I am saying this because I despised her in S2, but I would like to see Jerri's storyline have a successful conclusion: "Revenge on Tina and Colby for S2". (Which is what I think they'll set up--Jerri gets revenge before she herself is booted)

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-28-04, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tinybubs Click to send private message to tinybubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball"

I agree with you about Lex.

Colby may have been the visible one wanting to pick Ethan and then pushing to get Rich booted, but to me the episode had Lex's fingerprints all over it. Getting his old alliance partner, breaking a potential alliance between Hatch and Colby, and getting his main target voted off were clearly to Lex's advantage.

Colby became the big loser in E5. Hatch may have been booted but he already had a target on his back. The target now shifts to Colby because he was doing Lex's dirty work and he didn't even realize it because Lex did such a great job pushing the right buttons.

I would also like to see Jerri's storyline end favorably, she has won me over with the change. However, I wonder if she is getting a favorable edit from MB this time because he feels that maybe he wronged her in S2 by making her such a villan.

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-28-04, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball"
Remember in episode one when the tribes were being brought to their islands on the boats and Jiffy was doing a talk over about the game? He said "And some are doomed to make the same mistakes twice". They edited in a shot of Jerri after that statement was made. While I would like to see Jerri go further in the game, I think she will fall victim to Colby once again. A couple more days of smoozing and charming from Lex & Colby on Jerri and she'll be ripe pickings for the male Mogo Mogo three.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-27-04, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball"
I think I disagree a bit. Rupert will not catch as many fish at Chapera without a spear as Ethan will at Mogo with better equipment.

I agree with managerr that the boys told Rich they were taking Ethan to get rid of him but Colby flipped that immediately. Lex then played it off with Kathy as if Colby did it on his own thereby not tipping his hand.

I think the big mistake was Kathy, and by association Jerri and Shii-Ann, not voting off Colby along with Rich and nipping the Boy's Club in the bud.

When the tribes merge, the Mogo's will be the target of Chapera with little room for negotiation. Rob won't let these challengers to his Alpha status stick around. Now, a trio of Kathy, Shii and Jerri might have found some interest in exploring options simply because they wouldn't be perceived as immunity threats.

Unless Mogo can stay strong and win 2 of the next 3 ICs, I fear a Pagonging after the merge so severe that we'll consider changing the term to Mogoing!

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-04, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball"
>I think I disagree a bit. Rupert will not catch as many fish at Chapera without a spear as Ethan will at Mogo with better equipment.

Wait a minute. Rupert has already been catching fish, and so has Rich, without the fancy equipment. The thing is, Lex managed to convince the other guys to bring Ethan, which they should not have done. It's not like they didn't know that Lex & Ethan were allies. That was a huge mistake by Colby & Rich and everyone on their tribe. The argument that somebody should have come up with was, "Why let Rupert go help Chapera?"

Let Richard stew over it, if he's worried about competition for provider. Let him and Rupert compete, and bring in more food than the tribe knows what to do with.

I cannot see the benefit, from the girls' point of view, of keeping Richard and tossing Colby.

Anyway, I believe Colby said that taking Ethan was so they could control when he got booted, not that they were necessarily going to boot him right away. That's maybe what they said to Rich, at the RC, but in a confessional, Colby backed off that plan.

I agree with shouldershrug - this was a huge mistake. It gave Chapera a chance to get someone who can work a handmade spear better than most other people do with fancy hooks, lines & spear thingies.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-04, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Mogo Mogo - Smart Moves"
1. COLBY might have suggested getting Ethan "to vote him off" in order to get a Lex alliance to help get rid of Rich. Colby and Lex may have discussed this already and when Colby saw a chance to get another potential ally, he spoke up, selling it to the others as a chance to get rid of him because he's a threat (which, of course, he is). I don't think Colby changed his mind. I think he saw an opportunity and took full advantage.
Smart, that Colby.

2. As for FOOD, obviously the tribe wasn't overly concerned about that. They may show Richard providing all the food, but we only see 45 minutes of every 3 days they're there.

3. The WOMEN could have allied with Rich to get rid of Colby, but (a) they still have to go up against Rupert, Rob, and Alicia and her steroids, and so it's smart to keep the young, strong guys; and (b) the guys will start to be threatened by each other as their numbers dwindle and will want to vote each other out before the women. Smart move by the women.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-04, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball"
AMAI, we saw Rupie catch all of two fish with his "stick." Of course there could have been many more meals that we didn't see (I'm sure there were) but he seemed to be one and done. And Rupert built his provider reputation on PI with his preeeeccciiiooooouuuussss, not some homemade piece o' crap.

All things being equal, Rich is still the King. Eels, baby, EELS! Rich got that damn shark with his bare hands!

With a fancy spear, it's not even close.

Keeping Colby and booting Rich, Kathy and Shii are the fourth and fifth in the Mogo alliance, or so it appears, IMO. (No spoilers in Fanatics!) They keep Rich, Kathy gains complete control of the strategic game on Mogo. Lex and Ethan form one pair along with the three singletons.

Does it hurt them in future challenges? Maybe. But who says all future challenges are physical? Colby or Rich in a gross food Challenge? Advantage Rich, I say. Mental Challenge? Again, feel free to take Colby cause I don't want him.

The longer term implications of keeping three strong males with an (probable) impending merge in the near future is dangerous for Kathy. If Chapera has a majority, the boot list is pretty much set and no one on Chapera is going to discuss a defection. Instead, they'll solidify their positions within Chapera.

If Kathy, Shii, Jerri and Rich merge with Chapera, no problem because Rich is easy pickings. If you're Jenna and Rupert, who do you want to go to the end game with - the remaining Mogos or Romber, Alicia, Tom? Thought so.

Rupert has an affinity for female alliance partners (Christa/Sandra) anyway. Bet Rupie and Jenna would feel better about the ICs facing off against these ladies.

Of course it's pointless to speculate when we'll never know but I think Kathy lost her best chance to bring the game home when she decided to stick with the Boys Club.

J2Mommy 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-28-04, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J2Mommy Click to send private message to J2Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball"
I couldn't agree with you more, munson. I thought Kathy was smarter than that. Stick with the testsoterone trio and be #4 at best? Why, when you could keep Rich in your back pocket, boot a real immunity threat, and gain the psychological advantage over Lex and Ethan? "Ok, boys, I'd save up my energy for those immunity challenges, cause, if not, one of you is enjoying Colby's company in three days" would more or less be the implied message. Instead, it's a pat on the head, good little girl, for doing what the big boys told you to. Stinks.

And my Dicque is gone!! Sob, whine, sob.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-04, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball"
But she didn't just stick with the boys, she brought the other two gals along, too. It was a unanimous vote, remember? So it's now 3 and 3. All they have to do is sit back and watch the other boys pick each other off in a paranoid fit of competition-elimination.

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, and SB Video Historian o-
Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice

J2Mommy 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-29-04, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J2Mommy Click to send private message to J2Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball"
Yes, it was a unanimous vote, but Kathy made the call. I've said that everybody this go round was gunning for Hatch, but Jerri would have LOVED to send her old nemesis packing, and ShiiAnn was the closest thing to an ally Rich had. The two of them wanted Colby gone, but certainly weren't going to write down his name when they knew good and well he was coming back with them after it was all over.

I can't agree that the boys will pick each other off, either. Colby, in particular, seems to have learned that the strong go fast in this game, and the biggest target may now be on his back. He, Lex, and Ethan have probably decided that the strong need to stick together to survive. If Lex can keep Kathy in line as his 4th wheel, Jerri and Shii are history.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-28-04, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball"
"Why let Rupert go help Chapera?"

Maybe they figure that the Robfaddah's ego will never let anyone who could possibly be a threat to his self proclaimed alpha male, top dog, master of the Chapera universe, puppetmaster extraordinaire role stay around for long.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings

02-29-04, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball"
Interesting point. AZ_Leo, it actually makes more sense to let Ethan go to Chapera, since he is more of a threat to win girls' hearts. Rawb is more likely to keep Rupert around and get rid of whiny Sue first. But I think Ethan would have been quickly gone from Chapera.

Generally, the discussion in this thread has veered off from the topic at hand, which I thought was, it was a mistake to take Ethan.

It was precisely Colby who will benefit least from this move. Lex & Ethan will be better buddies than Lex & Colby. Ethan never turned against Lex, and here, Lex is pulling strings even better than last time. The women think Colby is the one who is calling the shots, and with Ethan & Lex a unit, I think Colby will be gone sooner than almost anyone else now. If he makes it to the end (F4) I'll be happy to eat my words (in Alpha Bits).

Rupert with a proper spear, I agree, is definitely more of a provider. He's probably even better than Hatch.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-29-04, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Mogo Mogo dropped the ball"
The biggest mistake isn't in the food area (Chapera's apparently doing a good enough job of that themselves), but in the challenge area. Chapera has been kicking mogo mogo's butt since day 1. Now that its become a two tribe game, these differences will become more apparent. It's funny that for their second pick that they chose Jerri over Jenna for all the wrong reasons though.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •