The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Amber in Charge"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-04, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Amber in Charge"
I *think* this belongs in this forum...

It's very possible that dear sweet little unseen, unheard, not-playing-the-game Amber may be pulling the stings in the Chapera tribe.

Boston Rob, for all his arrogance, is not much of a snake to his alliances. He made a deal with Rob C. And Alicia was gone. But at TC, Rob C. found himself gone. Could it be that Amber changed the Robfaddah's mind for him? Could she have a secret Australian Amber/Alicia Alliance (AAAA) that Rob M. doesn't know about?

And remember at TC when Probst asked Rob M. about what thinks he's doing that could get him voted off, and he checked with Amber...his "wife"...could she be leading him around by his you-know-what?

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, and SB Video Historian o-
Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Amber in Charge TVGuy 02-29-04 1
 RE: Amber in Charge managerr 03-01-04 2
 RE: Amber in Charge Blow by Blow 03-01-04 3
   RE: Amber in Charge nailbone 03-01-04 4
 RE: Amber in Charge J2Mommy 03-02-04 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TVGuy 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-29-04, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TVGuy Click to send private message to TVGuy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Amber in Charge"
Hmm... while I think Amber has more of a strategy than she is given credit for, I don't think she is calling the shots at Chapera. Boston Rob did say that "when I make up my mind, that will decide who is gone", and I don't think he was kidding about that. Remember in the Marquesas he had the same kind of control of his alliance before the reshuffling.

She might have nudged him in the direction of voting out Rob C, though. I think they probably both realized it was a smart move since Rob C was the only real danger to their alliance. Tom is on board, Sue is not really scheming, and that leaves Alicia with no other allies. Rob C, on the other hand, would have tried to form a counteralliance among Sue (who he had a good relationship with), Alicia (who he intially said he had a tentative alliance with), and possibly Tom.

Boston Rob telling Rob C they had an alliance was brilliant because it prevented him from running around and forming other alliances to save his skin. He might have been able to convince others to vote off Amber to split up her and Boston Rob.

An Amber/Alicia alliance would be interesting, but I don't think Amber is that much of a schemer. She already has a solid 2 person alliance within a fairly solid 4/5 person alliance, she doesn't need Alicia. Although it would be smart of her to tell Alicia she'll take her to the final 2 to keep her loyal within their group of 5 people.

Amber and Rob better be careful with Tom, though, because if there is a Lex/Ethan/Colby boys alliance when they merge, Tom could jump ship to join his former alliance-mates. I would get rid of Tom before the merge if possible and replace him with Rupert, who is loyal to a fault and won't betray them. First I'd get rid of Jenna though.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-01-04, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Amber in Charge"
I think it is possible--but I think it's also possible that the lottery ticket I bought could be a winner.

Amber isn't in a position to lead at this point, even through Rob. She'll have to make her move later.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-01-04, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Amber in Charge"
Coupla things -

1. The day after the RobC boot, Sue and RobM were joking about how nice and quiet it was now that RobC was gone. Clearly there was some anti-RobC bonding after the TC, and I'm betting there was some before it. (This was in the Survivor Insider clips.)

2. RobM made it clear that the RobC boot would be settled on when he made up his mind.

3. I think RobM proposed an Alicia boot to RobC because it was a choice that would be most appealing/believable to RobC. And RobC totally fell for it. I'm certain that RobM was playing him the whole time.

Now, all that being said, RobM is putting a target on his back by being 'the one in charge' at Chapera. It's gonna take some very careful plotting for anyone to hit that target and as long as Amber's around it's going to be even tougher.

About the location of this post, it probably belongs in Spoilers because it involves speculation of who's in charge and who has alliances. If you'd just said, "Amber's a babe and she's totally leading RobM by the nose," then it would probably belong here.

-BbB

I do more to not work than actual work.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Amber in Charge"
LAST EDITED ON 03-01-04 AT 02:19 PM (EST)

If you'd just
>said, "Amber's a babe and
>she's totally leading RobM by
>the nose,"

Well, there is that. Probably a bit lower than the nose, though, dontcha think?

And yeah, it probably should be in Spoilers. Sorry.

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, and SB Video Historian o-
Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice

J2Mommy 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-02-04, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J2Mommy Click to send private message to J2Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Amber in Charge"
I think it goes against the grain of everything in RobM'c character to allow a woman to be in charge. As I recall, he made some awfully sexist comments in his past season, causing me to start cheering when they dumped him pre-merge. He's got what I'd call typical stereotyped construction worker mentality when it comes to women: they're good to use and then lose. (No, I'm not bashing construction workers, my DH is one).

While he does seem to be a different character this time around, I can't see him letting love or anything else get in the way of winning. Should he win, he may well have plans of sharing his million with the lovely ex-STUFF centerfold after it's all said and done, but he's in this thing to compete with a capital C.

That said, since this is Fanatics, I'll have to say that I'm kind of hoping he goes all the way. MB is certainly editing him well, but I have to give him credit where due....he's done one awesome job in just about every challenge (actual survival, reward, and immunity) that he's faced. I'd be happier with him winning than some little UTR sneaky win..a Shii Ann or a Tom, for example.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •