The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor interviews"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

julesmama 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-19-04, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor interviews"
Has anyone heard if the producers have started contacting people for interviews for Survivor 9?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor interviews pmspml5 02-19-04 1
 RE: Survivor interviews ivoryElephant 02-19-04 2
 RE: Survivor interviews thomas2727 02-19-04 3
 RE: Survivor interviews tribephyl 02-19-04 4
   RE: Survivor interviews catman 02-20-04 6
       RE: Survivor interviews tribephyl 02-21-04 9
           RE: Survivor interviews catman 02-21-04 10
           RE: Survivor interviews witty_n_wise 02-23-04 11
               RE: Survivor interviews catman 02-25-04 14
 RE: Survivor interviews catman 02-20-04 5
   RE: Survivor interviews julesmama 02-20-04 7
       RE: Survivor interviews catman 02-20-04 8
           RE: Survivor interviews pipercub 02-25-04 12
               RE: Survivor interviews catman 02-25-04 13
                   RE: Survivor interviews pipercub 02-25-04 15
                       RE: Survivor interviews catman 02-25-04 16
 RE: Survivor interviews pipercub 03-02-04 17
   RE: Survivor interviews JohnMc 03-02-04 18
   RE: Survivor interviews catman 03-02-04 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-19-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Survivor interviews"
I thought I heard they were pretty much done already but cant remember where or who the source was - so sorry no help

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-19-04, 03:06 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Survivor interviews"
survivornews has a link that says they are finalizing the cast

I don’t really give a damn which one of the two goes, as long as it ain’t me."-Sandra Diaz-Twine

thomas2727 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-19-04, 03:14 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Survivor interviews"
I cannot verify this, but I know a lady that says she applied and got a phone interview. She said they asked her to come to LA for an in person interview on March 3rd. I am not sure if she is being considered for 9 or 10.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-04, 05:02 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Survivor interviews"
As IE has mentioned. Snews has a little blurb at the end of an article that suggests they are finalizing the cast right now.

If I remember correctly. The deadline for the apps. was Jan 28.
It usually takes a couple of weeks to pick the 200(or so) people who make the regional interviews. These regional interviews take around 2 weeks. Then after a couple more weeks, the top 100 or so are jetted off to LA for the final interviews and testings. Which takes about a week.
After all is said and done the final cast should be determined by the middle of March.

But as I've said before. If you haven't gotten a call to attend the regional interviews by now, than you most likely are not being considered for S9.

If your asking just for a cast update. Than my answer is Yes, producers have already started contacting potential applicants. They are probably in the midst of their regional interviews as we speak. The cast should be set around mid-March, with a filming schedule sometime in late March or early April.

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner

catman 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-20-04, 05:51 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivor interviews"
tribe,

where do you get your info....a survivor fans working hard to get on survivior..

thanks

catman

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-04, 00:34 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Survivor interviews"
Actually catman, I get my info from a couple of close friends who work in the industry. One a casting director the other an assistant producer. Both work on Reality shows.

Both have explained to me the processes they go through to come up with a cast. The basics of auditions, interviews and testing are basically the same for their respective shows(both past and present) and they are both confident that Survivor is run in the same way.
I also have auditioned for Survivor a couple of times myself. So from personal knowledge, I can tell you that, for S9, the "first interviews" have already been scheduled and will be finished soon.
From this point is where I am taking liberties in predicting the progress. But from what my friends tell me the final stages of casting should be finished by late March or early Feb.

Now my question is where do you get your info?

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner

02-21-04, 09:11 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Survivor interviews"
tribe,

great to hear from you...i was hoping my info would generate a response from you..
here goes....

1. first hand experience...i have been interviewed...
2. i have 2 people in the business too....
3. i have been also told how the process works.
4. past experience with survivor shows..timelines...filming etc.

so hope that answers your questions. is there a chat room you go to we can meet up....sounds like you do know what you are talking about.....

just call me obsessed with getting on the show..or hoping

friends???

witty_n_wise 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-04, 10:47 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor interviews"
This has to be the most confusing forum Ive ever seen, couldnt sit by with no comment. The application for S9 clearly states that call backs are presently being done...first interviews are during the month of March. Approx 800....not 200....people are invited to 16 different cities...From the 800...approx 48 i chosen to go to LA in April for a period of 2 weeks. From the 48, the final 16 are chosen.....So...the casting is not finished until sometime in April. Dont give up hope just yet applicants....and furthermore, dont trust everything you read on forums...it may break your heart a little too soon

02-25-04, 05:01 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Survivor interviews"
witty,

i'm with you...don't believe all you see on these forums..but it is fun to speculate...i agree...march is interview at regional area...then 50 to la in earylt april. with final casting...filming to begin in late june/early july.

cross your fingers...

02-20-04, 05:49 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivor interviews"
if tradition holds true..then s9 callbacks have begun or will begin mon/tues feb, 23/24....then it takes about 2 weeks before cbs begins interviewing....then after that....one week to callback for a trip to interview in LA...ususally 500 for regional and 50 for LA.....with finally casting in April...with filming to begin in late june early july....

IF cbs hold true to form as has been for last 7 survivors.

hope that helps...remember the rumors..but i am speaking from one who has be at a regional intereveiw..

love ya baby..

catman

julesmama 3 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-04, 06:46 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Survivor interviews"
Thank you for some encourgement - I have not given up hope! I want it soooooo bad! I already have my passport packed!

02-20-04, 07:32 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Survivor interviews"
julesmama,
i am obsessed with getting on survivor especially after my interview.....this show will be the death of me...i am going to keep on applying until i am on the show or there are no more survivors..good luck to you..

i have my passport too...

pipercub 3 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-04, 03:11 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor interviews"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-04 AT 03:46 PM (EST)

catman,

Since you have been interviewed in the past can you tell us if they contact applicants by phone or mail? I've been babysitting my mailbox for a month and a half now thinking that they would not attempt to call 800 people.

Also, for which season were you intervied? Would you mind telling us what took place at the interview?

After spending weeks (and quite a bit of $) on my video, I was confident that I'd get an interview. Not a day has gone by where I didn't think about what was going to happen next. I'm still wondering, but the future looks grim (at least for this season). It's probably safe to say that anyone who applied (ad has not heard anything one way or the other) feels exactly the same way right about now.

Also, after reading the application over and over agin, I was under the impression that 800 (not 200 or 500) applicants would be selected for the first round. Next, there would be 48 who would be sent to LA. The final 16 would be selected from there. My understanding is that:

1. Applications due Jan 27, 2004
2. 800 selected for interviews (at 16 locations) in March
3. 48 selected for interviews in LA in April
4. Filimg to begin late May.

If this is true, then there will be 50 applicants going to each of the 16 local interviews (800 interviews divided by 16 locations). Next, 3 applicants from each of the locals will go on to LA (48 finals in LA divided by 16 local interview sites).

With any luck, maybe I'll see you on the island! Want to start an alliance early?

Piper

02-25-04, 04:57 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor interviews"
PIPER,

HERE GOES. I was CALLED on a monday, why touring southwest. by wednesday of same week i received a package in the mail. from there i had approx. 10 days to get the paper work completed to bring with me to an interview.

s6(amazon) was the one i interviewed for.

i have not made it to la yet...but still hoping...trying.

but i do know it only take one week for cbs to interview all 500 people in the first round. because the following monday i received a dear john letter say try again......

so speculate this:

1. 500 will be picked for interviews in march..
2. 50 will go to la in april
3. 16 will be casted from the 50..

4. filming has never in the pasted begun before end of june 1st of july...

5. don't give up.
6. considered an alliance....done.
7. i have been using the same tape and applications and i have been applying since 3......

good luck.

02-25-04, 05:08 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Survivor interviews"
Dude, thanks for the quick reply.

I guess I should start answering my phone calls!

Can you tell me what to expect at an interview? Do they have structured questions, or do they just let you babble for 15 minutes or so?

Thanks for the info. You've already hepled fill some of the puzzle for me.

Also, I called CBS yesterday (I DON'T RECCOMEND THAT ANYONE DOES THIS, IT MAY PISS THEM OFF). They passed me to the publicity office for Survivor (I guess they thought I was from the press). When I explained that I was an applicant (no, I didn't give my name. That would probebly kill my chance.) and not with the media, the lady I spoke to told me that if I didn't hear something by the end of this month... forget it. She said that she had no other comments on the casting process. I'm guessing that they conside the end of the month Friday.

Keep the finger crossed!

Piper

02-25-04, 09:11 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Survivor interviews"
pipercub,

good luck...the interview is structured...they do ask certain types of questions....it last approx. 45 mins...from the time you get in to the time you walk out...

i would agree, if you do not here from them this week....

maybe next time....i do not know if they would interview you again if you have all ready had a regional interview....i am hoping if you have interview once regionally...then u would not do it again..but still be eligible for la interview...

keep applying....never give up

chow baby....

03-02-04, 11:04 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor interviews"
Well, it's March 2nd and I have still not found anyone (including myself) who was invited to a "First Interview".

I'm really begining to wonder if this IS the last season! I guess we'll all have to wait "official" announcements either way.

Piper

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-02-04, 12:40 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Survivor interviews"
Oh, there will be more Survivors. I keep saying that if Real World can last 15 seasons, then Survivor will be around at least as long.

And I'll let you know if I get an interview. ;)

03-02-04, 04:49 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Survivor interviews"
piper,

catman here..do not give up....cbs has confirmed at least 2 more s9 and s10...but i agree with johnmc....

if you did not get a call you are out of the window...however if you have been interviewed at the regional level before i am banking on the fact they will not interview you again...but and i am guessing?? they could still call you to go to l.a. for the semi-finalist interview.....and that window of opportunity is from mar. 8 thru mar26........then it is all over....

some of this is speculation...based on my s6 interview..

good luck..do not give up .
keep me posted if you hear anything..thanks

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •