The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-16-04, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
I would not go as far as calling this thread an "Official Alicia Hate Club" (well not yet at least ) but I really see no reason for Alicia being on this show. She had done nothing to impress me. They already got way too many people from the outback. So what the hell are they thinking bringing her in?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... okaloosajohn 01-16-04 1
   RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... arturbars 01-16-04 2
       RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... okaloosajohn 01-16-04 3
           RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... RollDdice 04-23-04 30
       RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... ginger 02-02-04 13
 RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... DEVILRAYS 01-16-04 4
   RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... yensid 01-16-04 5
 RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... coolflowerpowerman 01-16-04 6
 RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... MakeItStop 01-17-04 7
   RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... RollDdice 02-02-04 10
 RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... whoami 01-17-04 8
 Yay - Alicia is an All-Star!!! AMAI 01-18-04 9
 Excuuuuuuuse ME? Angelfood 02-02-04 11
   RE: Excuuuuuuuse ME? RollDdice 02-02-04 14
       RE: Excuuuuuuuse ME? Angelfood 02-02-04 15
           RE: Excuuuuuuuse ME? RollDdice 02-03-04 16
               RE: Excuuuuuuuse ME? ginger 04-23-04 32
 RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... aquariaqueen 02-02-04 12
 RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... munson 02-03-04 17
   RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... RollDdice 02-03-04 19
 RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... I_AM_HE 02-03-04 18
   RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... okaloosajohn 02-04-04 23
 RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... shanana banana 02-03-04 20
 I might have been wrong about her! arturbars 02-04-04 21
   RE: I might have been wrong about h... Brownroach 02-04-04 22
 RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... arturbars 02-06-04 24
 RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... arturbars 02-13-04 25
   RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... Brownroach 02-13-04 26
       RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... geg6 02-13-04 27
 RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... arturbars 04-22-04 28
 RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... RealityRyan 04-22-04 29
 RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think... managerr 04-23-04 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaloosajohn 1259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-16-04, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
Duh! I think it's called demographics or maybe it's political correctness...at any rate, you can't just have a bunch of Euro-Americans on there, someone might think you're being discriminatory...

01-16-04, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
That's ture - but i can remember a few more entertaining Afro-American contestants - Sean R, Geverse (whatever his name is), and even Big Ted and Tijuana

01-16-04, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaloosajohn Click to send private message to okaloosajohn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-16-04 AT 02:17 PM (EST)

Gervase. He wasn't too memorable if you can't even remember his name!

(Here's a question for you...how smart do you have to be to learn to spell your tribemates names correctly after 40 days together? I mean if someone introduces themselves to me as Tijuana, I'm pretty much gonna say "How do you spell that?")

I don't recall Sean R. at all.

Ted's wife probably threatened him with divorce if he even _thought_ about going back on Survivor.

Tijuana isn't as good a choice as Alicia, IMO. At least Alicia is a proven competitor...

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-04, 02:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-04 AT 02:35 AM (EST)

>>I mean if someone introduces themselves to me as Tijuana, I'm pretty much gonna say "How do you spell that?">>

LOL! That's fine in RL, but if you meet someone and ask how to spell their name, the Survivor Paranoia Translator spits it out this way:

"We've spent thirty seconds together and I've decided I'm going to write your name down at TC, and that magic marker doesn't have spell-check."

That'll kill an alliance faster than Shii-biscuit eating eyeballs!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
I was surprised we did not see Sean involved in this.

DEVILRAYS 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-16-04, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DEVILRAYS Click to send private message to DEVILRAYS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think so!!!"
They could have done worse, and with Amber, they pretty much did.

1. Alicia is more competitive than Amber; I would consider her more of a threat to win immunity because of her strength and competitive spirit. She didn't win any ICs in the Outback because she was only one for two rounds, which is largely her nemesis Kimmi's fault.

2. I agree that representation is a little high from the Outback, but cutting Alicia is no place to start. Hacking Amber and replacing her with Sandra from the Pearl Islands would have been my first choice, assuming she goes for it.

3. I also find Alicia a bit more attractive than Amber...maybe it's the smile.

yensid 786 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-16-04, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yensid Click to send private message to yensid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think so!!!"
Alicia was definately a memorable character from the Outback, with her finger waving fight with Kimmi. She is strong, verbal (do we need another Darrah, I think not and Amber isn't to far from it) and a definate immunity challenge threat.
She definately belongs on All Star, although I would have enjoyed seeing Gervace on All Star too, but I don't really care to Sean R again.

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-16-04, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
Alicia is totally hot.

She's really strong, too.

The only person on All-Stars who I absolutely loathe is Rupert.

The only person not on All-Stars who really should be is Neleh.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-17-04, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
So what the hell are they thinking bringing her in?
I think they were thinking about head bobbing and finger waving.

If you want breakfast in bed then sleep in the kitchen.

02-02-04, 02:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
That's exactly what were thinking by signing Alicia for A.S.S.

The name of the game is "personality" and Alicia has a bucketful!

- Mark "Head Honcho" Burnett

Besides, you get to see her body go from "Muscle & Fitness" covergirl to "Seventeen Magazine" super model.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-17-04, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
She is controversal and good looking.

WHOAMI
How you play a game is how you are in real life when push comes to shove.

Just seeing if I got this right. Just learing how to do this.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-04, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Yay - Alicia is an All-Star!!!"
I'm really glad she's back.

I think there is an abundance of people from the Outback because more of them wanted to come back and try again. There were a lot of memorable people in it too.

Amber is less deserving than some others, but not everyone who was invited wanted to do it again. And I'd rather see Amber again than walking jellyfish RatJon.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-02-04, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Excuuuuuuuse ME?"
What you talkin about?

You just can’t handle that a strong, beautiful Sister is gonna win this thing! I’m too much of a physical threat for those panty-waste “men” on my tribe. I am strong of body and of mind, and I am a huge asset for my team:

during physical and mental challenges,
with team leadership,
making shelter decisions,
providing for my tribe,
being a workhorse,
and putting the Tribe Annoying Person in his/her place (a service which is highly undervalued).
Also, like coolflowerpowerman said: I”M really hot.

So, I bring a lot to the table (ok, maybe that includes some drama too). So that makes me a lot more deserving than some of the jokers here. How AM I Not? I don’t see your argument here.
And if I can’t keep my mouth shut, I’m in good company: Sue, Jerri, Big Tom, Lex, Rich, etc.
Those fools’d be stupid to axe me early on. And someone’s gotta speak up and defy the Robfather? Who made him God’s gift to Survivor?

Impress you? What’d I gotta do to Impress you? Take off clothing for Chocolate? Ok, here goes.... (not much to take off, but whatever)
There! Satisfied?

You can think of more entertaining African-Americans? Now, I’m not entertaining. I see. That’s funny, most people think I’m too entertaining. Ok, I’ll start a mud-wrestling with Jerri. Would that help? Gervase who?
I may not be the best strategy survivor. But I think I am definitely Deserving. I’m not Jenna M.

Game on!

I’m just the voice, so take it in jest. Maybe she isn’t that great. I just haven’t see any examples or facts Here to support that point so far.

02-02-04, 05:12 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Excuuuuuuuse ME?"
As the Executive Producer of Survivor, I wouldn't normally condone the use of drugs, but the use of some pharmacy-grade sedatives might be called for here.

- Mark "The Head Honcho" Burnett

What exactly do you prescribe to stop the finger wagging?

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-02-04, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Excuuuuuuuse ME?"
What? C'mon, I was being Nice and Calm there.

Dang! Can't believe I forgot to add the finger wagging in type. well, i was doing it, at least!

Prevacid stops the burning

02-03-04, 01:31 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Excuuuuuuuse ME?"
Yes, Alicia you were being calm. You are loved and trusted. You are loved and...

*thinking* show no fear - step back slowly - don't look her directly in the eyes

I would recommend that Dicque try the Prevacid, but he has a entirely different type of burning sensation...

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Excuuuuuuuse ME?"
There is still a golden finger wagging opportunity ahead when the jury grills the final 2.

But I'll bet she doesn't capitalize on it. Non-capitalization appears to be the lady's strategy.

"Any government that would deny a gay man bridal registry is fascist." Margaret Cho

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-02-04, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
Well I am one of the few that is delighted to see Alicia come back.

Smart, strong and sassy.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 02:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
Ya know, if not for a little bad luck - Skupin on the barbie - Alicia was on her way to the end game. She had an alliance with Varner and Nick that would have faced off with Mike, Rodger and Elizabeth.

MB cast All-Stars with personalities, not necessarily those who advanced the farthest or were the consumate strategists. Alicia's in-your-face attitude and quick temper got her the ASS invite. And she proved it in E1 when she went at Rob4.

More to come....

02-03-04, 11:46 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
Have you been sitting in on production meetings? That's exactly right.

Every one of Alicia's finger wags is good for ratings. Bring it on, girlfriend!

And just wait for Rupert to lose his cool! Oh, baby! The ratings will be like a huge hug from the entire Nielsen audience.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 03:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
I have no problem with Alicia being there. Definitely deserves it more than Rob4, AMber, or Shii Ann (although i was ok with shii last night)

I didn't love her by any stretch in Australia, but we got the part of ALicia I DID love: the finger-wagging take-no-crap Alicia. And she does it to the right people: Kimmi and Rob. Imagine her and Hunter together against Rob. It wouldn't even make be able to get an R-rating, but I'd love to see it *sigh*

02-04-04, 03:53 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
I think I'd kinda like to see a Sandra/Alicia tag team whompin' up on Jonny Foulplay's skinny, lyin' butt!

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-04, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
I do like Alicia -- is she an All-Star? debatable. But her inclusion makes a lot more sense than four others I can think of: Boston Rob, Shii-Ann, Jenna L., and Lamber. I think part of the reason Alicia was picked was because of her entertainment value --- nobody has ever forgotten the finger-waving chicken argument she was in with Kimmie. I can accept Alicia on this game.

I would have rather seen Sean from Marquesas, Gervase from Pula Tiga, and Johnny Fairplay.

02-04-04, 11:03 AM (EST)
21. "I might have been wrong about her!"
Now i posted the original post about Alicia, but i am a man enough to admit that i was somewhat wrong. After the first episode i realize why she is there - and she surely deserved a spot.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-04, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I might have been wrong about her!"
I don't think so. Frankly, I remember more about Amber than Alicia.

The ONLY thing anyone ever mentions about Alicia is the finger-wagging incident. Period. She did nothing else memorable in all of S2. She didn't even do well in challenges, except for the post-merge longevity contest.

02-06-04, 11:16 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-06-04 AT 11:17 AM (EST)

I am back againg...

Just wanted to point out how funny it was to watch Alicia brag about all of her fire-starting and survival skills and b##ch about the men only to see her fail and watch Rob M start the fire, as well as her being so fit sit out most of the reward challenge....

02-13-04, 01:07 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
The comments by Alicia about Jenna and mostly important the way she said it were one of the most inapropriate things i have ever seen on survivor. How dare is she to compare herself to someone in that situation when she have never experienced it?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
Alicia said it herself (it's somewhere around here) -- everything is black and white with her. In her mind, Jenna simply should not have come. (Or, once there, she should have stuck it out to the end, I suppose.)

Alicia is not getting in touch with her grey area, like she said she would.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-04, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
*Groaning* Why, oh, why did I have to pull her name in the office pool? I guess you can't win them all (I had Sandra for S7 *grin*).

04-22-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
Well it has been over two month and now when our favorite Alicia is all but gone (she got a little more than 3 hours to be exact... ) - I just wanted to bring back this old thread and confirm my earlier doubts - Alicia was a total waste of the ##### spot! I know she was not the only one but still - this thread is about her...

RealityRyan 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-22-04, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityRyan Click to send private message to RealityRyan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
I meant to ask this a few weeks back, but is Alicia a lesbian? I caught the tail end of her tape from home, and it looked to me like there was a girlfriend-type person on it.

Kathy must win !!! Down with THE RUPERT!
I heart America's Next Top Model

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-23-04, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Alicia - an All-Star? I think NOT!!!"
So dissappointed in Alicia. She was there for 30 Days and she only bothered to make an alliance with ONE PERSON? WTF? Yeah, I know she was allied with Sue early on, but she didn't try to make a play after Sue went on the quit boat. There's something wrong when Amber is strategizing more than you are.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •