The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"OMG, were the judges kidding?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-16-06, 04:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"OMG, were the judges kidding?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-06 AT 04:33 AM (EST)

OMG, I just watched Tuesday's final on TiVo, and I can't believe the judges' scores! Were they seriously judging? Or were they just trying to not appear inconsequential since surely they and everyone else knew that Emmitt was going to win the fan vote? Did everyone else see the fan votes? It wasn't even close. You can't tell me that the judges on the very show weren't aware that Emmitt was getting the most votes every week. If I was aware of it, they certainly were. I think it was exactly that because there is no way in ELL that Emmitt and Cheryl deserved a 30 in their first dance. They started slowly, offbeat for the first couple seconds, and their dance was very simplistic. Mario's samba, however, was the best dance I think I have ever seen on DWTS, definitely the best dance done by a man. Take a tape of that dance and match it against the pros dancing a samba and you tell me the difference. There was none. That was PRO level. Emmitt's second dance was a retread, but otherwise that was a very good dance so I'm not going to knock the judges' 30 there. Mario did something different on his 2nd dance, and it was incredible, PRO level again, the 2nd best dance of the season after only his 1st dance. I actually think Mario's last dance, which Floozy Anne called the best dance of the season was the weakest of his 3 and more deserving of a 29. The first lift they did was clearly tentative. For Len to give Emmitt a 10 on the last dance was complete horse manure. He gave Mario a 9 on his 1st dance because of doing a turn "on the wrong foot." Then he gives Emmitt a 10 on his last dance even though Emmitt and Cheryl clearly screwed up their 2nd lift, unless you really think the dismount was supposed to be Emmitt just setting her down and then helping her back up. Their 3rd lift was shaky as well. I have no idea how Floozy Ann, Miss Oh-my-God-Emmitt-you-entertain-us-so-much, and Len could possibly give that a 10. Apparently you can get a 10 while screwing up two lifts! No, that was the story all season. Mario had to be perfect to get perfect scores. Meanwhile, Emmitt was the "every day man" (whatever that is) with the "sweet smile" and the "charisma" and the "easy rhythm" and nothing great was expected of him. So he could go out there, smile, use his quick feet, have K-Ann fawn over him, and the judges would forget his misteps and easy routines.
Emmitt is a champion. Emmitt is all about class. I have nothing but respect for the man. And he is an excellent dancer. I don't have a problem with him winning the fan vote. That is a no brainer.
But Mario raised his dancing to pro level. If you put Mario and Emmitt side by side, it is no contest. I would expect fans to swoon over Emmitt's "charisma," but I can not fathom how 3 supposedly pro critics of dancing can watch those 3 dances from each dancer and say they were equal. Don't even try to pull that over me. That is a crock. I might very well continue to watch DWTS due to the allure of the dancing, but the judges made a sham of themselves on Tuesday night.
And by the way, I love Cheryl, but Karina blew her away Tuesday night. Her dances were much better choreographed, much more inventive and exciting, and I liked her dancing better too. I did like the glitter or fake perspiration on Cheryl's chest during the last dance though. That was nice.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: OMG, were the judges kidding? seahorse 11-17-06 1
   RE: OMG, were the judges kidding? LisaPles 11-17-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-17-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: OMG, were the judges kidding?"
I think Emmitt is a class guy and I can understand him winning the home vote and winning the overall trophy, but I agree with you that Mario was clearly the better dancer. His dances were much more difficult and that difficulty should have been rewarded by the judges. It took Len weeks to give his first "10" of the season and he gives Emmitt three "10" in the finale. That was a joke. I can not understand why the judges scores did not clearly favor Mario. I still think Emmitt would have won overall because of his popularity.

Yes Emmitt did improve, but this show was to award the best celebrity dancer, not the most improved celebrity dancer. I felt sorry during the season for some of the lesser known celebrities who were voted out while Jerry, Sara and Emmitt advanced, but I am not surprised at all with how the season went given the voting system for the show. I also, do not foresee any major changes in the voting system.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-17-06, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: OMG, were the judges kidding?"
I guess there weren't enough threads on this topic already? I am so sick of people saying that Mario dances like a professional dancer. I think he danced well but the professional dancers are in a TOTALLY different league.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •