The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official quotes from TAR 7 Episodes 5 and 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-30-05, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official quotes from TAR 7 Episodes 5 and 6"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-05 AT 08:46 PM (EST)

Top 10 list of "memorable" quotes from TAR 7 Episodes 5 and 6

You get a double shot of quotes this week! Lots of stuff happening, with Gretchen taking a hit on the haid, she and Meredith being stripped almost nekkid (thank God for some decorum, or else the PTC might have had some unlikely supporters, eh? ), more sniping between Lynn and Rob, a neat bunch of kids, and the bros crashing their vehicle but rallying to send Ray and Deana from first to worst.

And yes, the word for the week is "spelunking".

P.S. I'm glad the bros weren't eliminated. They're much more quotable than Ray or Deana.

Episode 5 quotes:

10. "C'mon, we got some old people to beat here."
Ray, foreshadowing

9. "Spelunking. I just like saying it."
Brian, sounding like Hobbes (not Hobbs of MI, sorry)

8. "You look like Braveheart, dude."
Greg, to Brian, after having spelunked

7. "Hi, Amber! . . . I'm such a fan!"
Lady at the Soweto market who accompanied Rob and Amber to the Pit Stop

6. "Stay out of trouble, don't do drugs. . . ."
Brian, to the kids at the Orlando Children's Home
(Honorary quote: the "YAAAAAY!" the kids gave each of the teams when they entered)

5. "I'm so glad Johannesburg is a real city. I was so afraid it was going to be like chickens and camels and whatever."
Lynn, having enjoyed Kendra's Guide to Africa And Its Over-Breeding Inhabitants; also, a foreshadowing

4. "My pageant training . . . really comes in handy right now."
What?! A quote from Kelly (as she dressed for spelunking)?! I must have the wrong season.

3. "Don't worry; I've been wanting a facelift for a long time."
Gretchen, after she spelanked where she should have spelunked

2. "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha . . ."
The tribesman (not like yours, Wheezy ), psyching out Lynn and Alex

...and the Number One quote of TAR 7, Episode 5 is:

1. "I'm asking you to make a decision. Can you do that? Just tell me yes or no."
Rob, to his teammate, showing how she earned the nickname "Lamber"

Episode 6 quotes:

10. "This guy's gonna teach me, because he's like Yoda."
Brian, at the bush Roadblock

9. "Needless to say, I don't think we're going to be getting any Christmas cards from these people."
Rob, going waaaaaaay out on a limb

8. "The bag people come through again."
Meredith

7. "Now I feel super scared . . . This is like Compton . . . Pick someone who looks the least likely to have a gun . . . Oh, yeah, it's Tupac."
Lynn, trying to get out of the "ghetto" (hi Kris) of Jo'burg

6. Two for one here:
"I love to see Rob pissed off. It makes me so happy."
"Lynn's got his head up his ass. He might be able to run Alex like a little farm boy, but he can't treat everybody like that."
And the Lynn-Rob feud continues . . .

5. "Baby, how are you so fast at it?"
Amber referring to things that are not PG-13the water Detour

4. "All I see is Meredith's dust."
"Is that her up there?"
"Meredith is a guy."
Joyce and Uchenna (see also: Hayden, for one)

3. "If {a lion} jumps on me, Kelly, I'm throwing him you."
Ron, showing how he got his heroic qualities

2. "Don't try to go in the deep sand . . . you make the littlest movement, you slide."
Brian, just before he, Greg, and their cameraman crashed

...and the Number One quote of TAR 7, Episode 6 is:

1. "Ow, Ray!"
"Deana."
"The least you could do is apologize."
"It's teamwork, and we don't work as a team. That's a problem."
"You can do it yourself."
A fitting end to Deana and Ray, who ultimately did themselves in

There are plenty of others that I noted but didn't mention; feel free to add your favorites! Corrections welcome also.

IIRC, Soweto wasn't even on most official maps under apartheid.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Second notice Cygnus X1 03-30-05 1
   RE: Second notice LibraRising 03-30-05 7
       RE: Second notice Cygnus X1 04-01-05 10
           RE: Second notice Seana 04-03-05 12
               RE: Second notice LibraRising 04-03-05 14
                   RE: Second notice Seana 04-04-05 15
 RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Epis... Seana 03-30-05 2
   RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Epis... Flairmarq 03-30-05 3
   RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Epis... Cygnus X1 03-30-05 8
 RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Epis... Joools 03-30-05 4
 RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Epis... Max Headroom 03-30-05 5
 RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Epis... lovwigglesworth 03-30-05 6
 RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Epis... antman29 03-31-05 9
   RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Epis... bostonrobfan 04-01-05 11
 RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Epis... Seana 04-03-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-30-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Second notice"
I cannot do the quote lists for the next two weeks, including next Wednesday's recrap. Any takers?

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-30-05, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Second notice"
I can do one...any day would be fine.

04-01-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Second notice"
Next Tue. is all yours then! Thanks!

The recrap the next night is up to you.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-05, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Second notice"
OK, Libra, I'll do one week too. Since you were braver, you can pick which week you like best.

Have fun on your trip, Cygnus and LadyCub!

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-03-05, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Second notice"
Cool. I can get this week, and I'll handle the recrap if there's anything worth quoting in it. The next week is yours, since I'll be going on vacation (well, going to Texas, if that counts ).

A revolting, flamboyant, aberrant sodomite.

04-04-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Second notice"
Done and done.

03-30-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Episodes 5 and 6"
These two ep's were very quotable.

You got all the best ones.

Only one more from me:

Ray (of "Suck it up" fame) to Deana: "I have so much more faith in you than you have in yourself."

Since Deana so often complains that she "can't", I must sadly assume that Ray is telling the truth here.

I like to say "smock". Don't knock my smock or I'll clean your clock.

Flairmarq 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-30-05, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flairmarq Click to send private message to Flairmarq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Episodes 5 and 6"
I love the "yoda" quote--and all those bushmen laughing. This was probably the best two quotable episodes to date.

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

03-30-05, 04:41 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Episodes 5 and 6"
Agree, which is why R/D's was a team elimination effort. Guess a tiger can't change his stripes, or (in this episode) a lion his mane, eh? Not for more than one leg, anyway.

Actually, I've got plenty of other quotes here I could have used. Half the fun of doing this is seeing if the rest of you picked out the same ones. And sometimes you find ones that I don't. That's The Wonder Of It All.

Such as:
"You suck.
"Lynn, this is how you do it."
"Yeah, if you have 20,000 years." --L/A

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-30-05, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Episodes 5 and 6"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-05 AT 02:36 PM (EST)

So many great lines and quotes in these two episodes, several listed above. Other favorites of mine, though I don't have the exact wording for all of them:

Lynn: "We're people first and racers second" - as proven by them stopping to see if everyone was all right when B&G crashed

Brian/Greg: "When we were little and I used to stuff you in your sleeping bag"

Brian/Greg: "Go home to Mom...eat some enchiladas..."

Gretchen: "I can't go to Soweto market like this"

Alex: "Don't step in the horse pooey"

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Episodes 5 and 6"
Great job on a highly quotable episode! You got all the quotes I remembered and several I didn't...

"Twenty minutes into the future..."

lovwigglesworth 239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-30-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovwigglesworth Click to send private message to lovwigglesworth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Episodes 5 and 6"
Don't remember the exact quote but Rob said something about "Meredith and whatever that guy's name is" that made me laugh.

antman29 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-31-05, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail antman29 Click to send private message to antman29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Episodes 5 and 6"
Well I did find one quote that I can through out there for you all. Certainly not one to be proud of that he said, but it is from Rob, so I would not expect any lesst.

I have not been routing for Romber, but I have been very entertained by the shadey stuff they have been doing. I have to admit now from the last episode, they have sunk to a new low and are just flat out mean.

Here is the quote that I am talking about that has put Rob over the fence from Amusing Jerk to now just a complete A**hole.

Rob's line:
"I'm not sure she fell down. He mighta pushed her just for effect, so people would feel bad for her"

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-01-05, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Episodes 5 and 6"
People who already didn't like Rob tend to believe he was serious. People who like Rob realize he was just joking when he made that comment.

04-03-05, 10:35 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Official quotes from TAR 7 Episodes 5 and 6"
Watched a re-run on another channel tonight.

Two quotes to add. I missed them before:

- Alex, to Lynn, at corn-grinding detour:
"You've got to take your stick all the way out."

- Brian (?), while driving: "I've been hanging out with Lynn too much. *gigglegiggle*"

Cut to Lynn, driving: *gigglegiggle*

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •