The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-30-05, 07:38 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-05 AT 07:41 AM (EST)

2nd .Best.Episode.Ever!!!

For the best episode ever please see threads for TAR 6 in which Jerkathan was eliminated.

Let’s give a big hand to our awesomely Super duper stat man sittem, for doing the rankings every week. Interested in week 4 stats?

Check it out here!

Phew! I’m exhausted! A double leg with lots of action!

Leg 1:
Teams left Buenos Aires and flew to Johannesburg, South Africa. Ray & Deana went for the Fast Forward. The teams had to either go rappel down in a cave or go to a village and find the appropriate tribe. The it’s off to go shopping for items for the Orlando orphanage… I have to pause and add that I think this was the

Best.Task.Ever.

The teams had to deliver the items to the orphanage and I was so overcome by all those kids, they were so cute & I just wanted to take them all home! Anyway, then it’s on to PitStop #1 on the mat in a field in Soweto. Ray & Deana arrive first and win cars. WTF? They win cars on a non-elim leg with a fast forward? That's just wrong.

Leg 2:
The teams set off from the PitStop and have to get to a shuttle where they will be taken out to feed the lions. Teams set off to the airport again and have to fly to Botswana, then they take a train and a bus to the aardvark where they have to throw a spear through a moving target. Then they have to choose between sucking eggs & pounding grain and finally it’s off to the second PitStop!

My list this week:

Rank. Names (last week’s ranking)

1. Brian/ Greg (1) – They stay at number one this week for taking out Mr. “SUCK IT UP!!!” I’m so glad they kicked butt! Woo hoo! The accident was really unfortunate, but they exhibited grace under pressure and were able to get back on track and beat RAY to the PitStop!

2. Uchenna/ Joyce (2) – These two are amazing human beings. They really are the “mini Chip & Kim” because they are not only good to each other, they are good to all others. It was so sweet that they gave “the old folks” some clothes and when they were talking about the orphanage, oh my heart ached for them.

3. Meredith/ Gretchen (5) – Gotta give them props for going from last to 5th with no money and no gear, plus the fact that they inadvertently got into Ray’s head from the start.

4. Lynn/ Alex (3) – These two make me crack up all the time! They were hilarious during the village task. Again, they rag on and on about Jerk-weed & Ditz-wad (see 6. below), so they slid a spot this week.

5. Ron/ Kelly (4) – They are still boring, but they seem to work well together. The jury’s still out on them.

6. Romber (6) – Jerk-weed & Ditz-wad, I hope the karma will hit you like a ton of aardvark dung!

Philiminated: Ray/Deana (7) – Ha! The fast forward was no help, you SUCK!!!! Go home! I’m so glad you’re gone! Deana, if you’re reading this, GET OUT NOW!!! Karma stinks, doesn’t it? Do unto others man. Hmmm… I wonder if he’ll blame the editing too?

Join in the fun everybody! New participants are always welcome!
Now it’s your turn! This is a love list people, you know what to do!

ETF:link

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... seahorse 03-30-05 1
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... yourstruly 03-30-05 4
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... Dizwiz 03-30-05 2
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... ARnutz 03-30-05 3
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... Max Headroom 03-30-05 5
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... HistoryDetective 03-30-05 6
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... emydi 03-30-05 12
       RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... bostonrobfan 03-31-05 36
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... loaner 03-30-05 15
       Is that you, Shakes? HistoryDetective 03-30-05 18
       loaner IceCat 03-30-05 23
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... Seana 03-30-05 7
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... BoyWndr 03-30-05 8
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... ARnutz 03-31-05 31
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... iatovttotx78 03-30-05 9
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... adricharlie 03-30-05 10
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... callasin 03-30-05 11
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... fleaismycat 03-30-05 13
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... ARnutz 03-31-05 32
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... Joools 03-30-05 14
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... JanetFAN 03-30-05 16
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... ARnutz 03-31-05 33
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... Bebo 03-30-05 17
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... LibraRising 03-30-05 19
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... Joools 03-30-05 20
       RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... LibraRising 03-30-05 24
 Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6 VA Slim 03-30-05 21
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... djandy 03-30-05 22
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... I_AM_HE 03-30-05 25
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... ARnutz 03-31-05 34
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... coolflowerpowerman 03-30-05 26
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... Cygnus X1 03-30-05 27
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... Jealousy 03-30-05 28
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... FFantasyFX 03-31-05 29
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... nazzWord 03-31-05 30
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... bostonrobfan 03-31-05 35
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... mikey 03-31-05 37
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... sittem 03-31-05 38
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... ARnutz 03-31-05 39
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... DiegosTrip 04-01-05 40
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... sittem 04-01-05 41
       RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... DiegosTrip 04-01-05 43
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... watermelon 04-01-05 42
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... redbaronii 04-01-05 44
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... louislam 04-02-05 45
   RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... taffnic 04-02-05 46
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... Das Mole 04-02-05 47
 RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 &... dirob 04-03-05 48
 Love List 7.5 & 7.6 Rankings sittem 04-04-05 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 08:13 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1) the brothers
2) romber
3) uchnna and joyce
4) lynn and alex
5) meredith and gretchen
6) ron and kelly

Handcrafted by RollDdice

yourstruly 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-30-05, 08:38 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-05 AT 08:40 AM (EST)

Great Ep.

1)Uchnna and Joyce- they are not the best racers, but they are my favorite. Their enjoyment of the race and each other. Their personal struggle alone makes me want them to win.

2)Romber- best racing I have seen in a while. Say what you want, but they know what they are doing. They have had the whole group against them from the first and still are placing high. It is so funny for me to see them bashed for saying things about the other teams when all of them prejudged them and have made no attempt to be friendly. But Romber are still suppossed to help them and not focus on the race. I mean how unselfish of them.

3)Brothers- they got grit. I like that.

4)Meredith and Gretchen- way to go guys. That was not a easy fall nor easy consequences for being last. Hang in there.

5)POW/WOW- I want to like them. I really do. But they rub me the wrong way. They are just so blah.

6)Lynn/Alex- drama kings of the highest order. Get them off my tv. Your focus is off. Your comments are made as the result of pettiness and jealousy rather than logic and reason. Have you not been prejudged enough in your life. You should know better.

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-30-05, 08:22 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Can you believe I've never done one of these before?

1. Uchenna/Joyce- They seem like such a nice couple, and my heart ached for them at the orphanage. I really hope they manage to win.

2. Romber- I'm mad at them for not stopping to see if the brothers were OK, but I don't blame them a bit for not giving "the old folks" money. Man, can they ever play the game. Most of the time, Rob makes me laugh. Then again, I've never watched Survivor, and maybe I wouldn't think he was so funny if I had.

3. Meredith/Gretchen- Gotta give them props for not giving up. How about Gretchen encouraging Meredith while getting her head bandaged up? Very impressive.

4. Brian/Greg- I can't put my finger on why I'm not crazy about these two. Still, they beat out Ray and Deana, so they're OK by me.

5. Lynn/Alex- These two cracked me up at first, but now it's getting a little old and their hatred for Romber is getting annoying. I'm ready for them to go.

6. Ron/Kelly- Who?

03-30-05, 08:26 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Can you believe I've never done one of these before?

Well, I am super glad that you're here! Now keep coming back every week!

Off to work! Gosh I hate working on Wednesdays.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Another great effort for this season of TAR! This week's ranking given, with last week's in (). Here goes:

1. Uchenna/Joyce (3): Good people, good racers, and their generosity to Meredith/Gretchen is duly noted here.

2. Brian/Greg (2): Showed great resilience after the devastating wreck, coming back to avoid Philimination. Need fewer mistakes, though.

3. Romber (1): Still fun to watch, but Rob's arrogance wore me out in this episode. Didn't stop for the accident, didn't help Meredith/Gretchen, showed too much smugness. Between Survivors and TAR, Amber must have a Harry Potter invisibility cloak since she is so seldomly seen doing anything.

4. Meredith/Gretchen (6): Moving up two places due to surprising toughness and my lack of enthusiasm for the teams below them.

5. Lynn/Alex (4): Awfully whiny and not very funny this time.

6. Ron/Kelly (5): One-hit wonders being exposed each week on national TV.

Philiminated. Ray/Deana (7): No chemistry, no teamwork, no success.

"Twenty minutes into the future..."

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 08:51 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1. Brian/Greg - In addition to their amazing comeback after the crash and the photo-finish at the elimination mat, I really loved the alternate clue that they read (about going to see mom for some food). One brother yelling to another to buy more deodorant at the market was funny too, proving that Racers can engage in humor that does not require being a jackass to other Racers.

2. Joyce/Uchenna - They would have had the number 1 spot if it had not been for the footrace at the end. I loved them at the orphanage. They also had the humanity and decency to give Meredith and Gretchen some clothes, not just some cash. They're "good people" and I wouldn't be disappointed to see them win.

3. Gretchen/Meredith - I'm surprised to be ranking them this high considering I wanted a double elimination last week so I wouldn't have to listen to her any more, but I have to give them credit for being a couple of tough old birds (and suriving longer in the race than Ray). I don't think they are around for the long haul, but they managed to prove that they are stronger than I thought.

4. Alex/Lynn - I think they did the right thing by stopping to make sure nobody was hurt in the car crash, but they made the event about Romber instead of about Brian, Greg, and the injured cameradude. They obviously asked themselves "What would Romber do?" when it came to sharing a cab. Shame on them for sinking to that level.

5. Crashboy/Lardette - Yeah, they finished first, but I still have not seen anything that impresses me. Perhpas by the time they have finished this around-the-world trip, Crashboy will realize that the world does not revolve around his military experience in Iraq.

666. Romberrhea - The only team that did't even slow down to ask if anybody was injured in the car wreck. Couldn't even make a gesture of giving five bucks to the old folks who are obviously not going to be competition for them in the end. Couldn't accomplish half the tasks by themselves without a starstruck local holding their hand and doing it for them. Rawb is starting to look a little maniacal in some of the mugging for the camera shots.

Philiminated - Deana/Ray - The oldsters finished TWO spots ahead of you this week. So, Ray, you were a Bush voter? That's about what I would expect from a self-absorbed prick like you. Good riddance.

a sig by syren

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 11:27 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Ok you stole my answer....but I have M/G in 2 and U/J in 3

1. Brian & Greg (2) --what great guys, they are funny, respectful, and kick a$$ in foot races!!! I was screaming for them to win!!! BEST EPISODE EVER IMO!!!!

The "going home to mom to eat enchiladas" was great and the claustrophobia in the SPELUNKING (I like saying that word too!!) Cave about one shoving the other into a sleeping bag and not letting him out!!! Little sisters and brothers everywhere can relate!!!

Oh and them in the orphanage.."Be careful, don't do drugs!!" I just love them!!

2. Meredith "yes,he's a guy"/Gretchen (4)--WOW, they are fantastic!! She tells him to keep looking for the clue as blood is pouring down her face!! Then that corny line "We're having a Save the Rhino fundraiser and I'm not LION" I cracked up just like Brian/Greg did!! They are above U/J this week only because they came back from so much adversity and THEY beat Ray that pompous sanctimonious patronized ageist!!

3. Uchenna/Joyce (3)--I really like them, I think they may even go back to that orphanage after the race and adopt a child. They are classy people..giving clothes to M/G...you can't be told to do that, you just do that if you are the kind of people U/J are! I like Joyce she does the horse back riding, gets knocked off several times, keeps going and then this week makes her husband SHOP!!! I love it..I hate to shop too!!

4. Lynn & ALex (1)--they fall from the top spot because of their Kendra like behavior in South Africa and the Tu-Pac comments, etc.. I wouldn't have shared the cab with Romber either, though.

5. Ron/Kelly (5)-blech..and Kelly tells him he's a red neck next week bc he "shushed" her..get over your dam self...

6. Rob and Lamber--(7)--Ok, do I have to say anything more to convince you people that Rob is a scumbag and Lamber is a useless vile piece of crud??? The "deer-in-the-headlight" look that Lamber gave Rob when he asked her to make a decision was priceless.. as I said in the show thread last nite, I'm surprised the Lions didn't eat her bc they mistook her for a deer....Also she couldn't do anything at the market until that woman took pity on her bc she is delusioned by her Survivor "fame"...what a useless speck of life... oh and her little laugh and snicker "no" when Phil asked them if they had stopped...VILE FLECK OF DUST she is....

Rob--I guess he isn't all that nice to people in the race, including cameramen who are injured on the side of the road. They didn't even slow down to find out if everyone was okay!! Further, he accused Meredith of pushing and injuring his wife for sympathy and for money...people who say things like that are not nice...no matter if they are in a race or not...When there were 7 teams left, he said there were only 6, excluding M/G because they "didn't count" They deserve each other...I pity their children. Plus he sucked at the spear throwing...

Ray/Deana (6)--He is right up there with being a scumbag with Rob. She is just blah... she's going to marry him... what a hoot...her and Victoria can go to counseling together.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-31-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
"Further, he accused Meredith of pushing and injuring his wife for sympathy and for money...people who say things like that are not nice...no matter if they are in a race or not"

It was a joke! LOL It amazes me that everyone takes Rob so seriously. Much more serious than he takes himself.

loaner 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-30-05, 12:03 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
I don't like Ray either but don't let your blind hatred for the Pres. draw up some kind of connection between the two of them. W. treats his wife like a queen, with great respect.

That kind of reasoning is like saying democrats cheat on their wives because that is what Clinton did/does. It just doens't make sense and shows your obvious bias, hatred, fear, and shallow thinking.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
18. "Is that you, Shakes?"
Welcome to the forums, loaner. Once you've been here a while you'll realize that the Love Lists are for the lists, not debate, as the original post in each list usually indicates. If you want to talk more about W, come join us in Off Topic (see the menu to the left; it's listed near the bottom). He has plenty of detractors and defenders there. Join our conversations and you'll see that some of us have very good reasons for not liking W, not "blind hatred" at all.

a sig by syren

By the way, when you're defending a man who campaigned on a platform that included a constitutional amendment opposing the right to marry, don't lecture me about bias, hatred, fear, and shallow thinking. See you around.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
23. "loaner"
Please take the time to read our Guidelines...

They are quite clear about not making personal attacks. The following statement qualifies as a personal attack:

'... It just doens't make sense and shows your obvious bias, hatred, fear, and shallow thinking...'

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 09:24 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1. Brian/Greg - I love Brian and Greg. Good humour, genuine concern for the camera guy, refusal to quit, don't bash other racers. I love Brian and Greg.(1)

2. Uchenna/Joyce - I love Joyce and Uchenna. Inconsistent racers, but actually went in the right direction this time. High Class Award for giving a bag of clothes to M/G, completely out of the goodness of their hearts. You go, guys! (2)

3. Ron/Kelly - Not thrilled that he would have thrown her to the lions, but I'm willing to accept that he thought he was making a funny. (4)

4. Meredith/Gretchen - Meh. I neither particularly like nor dislike this team. I'm glad they are here and R/D is not.(5)

5. Rob/Amber - Fun watching Rob lose his cool throwing spears. (6)

6. Lynn/Alex - Fixated on Romber, and the "scary" part of town, "Roll up your window" and the bit where they were shoo-ing the local guy away? Aw, hell no. (3)

Philiminated: Ray/Deana (7) From first to worst and out the door. Won't miss 'em.

BoyWndr 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-30-05, 11:00 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Another thread made me finally sign up. Now that I'm here...

Brian/Greg-These Guys are so much fun to watch. Their spoofed clue at the pitstop, Their shenanigans at the orphanage, their grit at the end. I hope these guys go all the way!

Lynn/Alex- So stereotypically gay it's funny (even though flamming gayness bugs me a bit). Did you see the way Lynn reacted after throwing a spear? LMAO

Meredith/Gretchen- Even though to me Gretchen's voice is like fingernails on a chalk board, They both showed grit and determination despite the huge setback they had: the injury and the non-elim penalty.

Uchenna/Joyce- Meh.

Ron/Kelly- Meh.

Romber- I Really dislike both of these people. They are both smug and self riteous. They were probably like that before they went on survivor, but thier TV Fame has probably made it much worse. I'm gald to see thier game is finally beginning to show cracks.

03-31-05, 07:48 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Welcome to the boards BoyWndr and to the Love List! I'm glad you're joining us, the more the merrier!

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-30-05, 11:07 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"

1 U & J - because they seem like genuinly good peeps.
2. Romber- for the first time since S4 I was annoyed with Rob
3. The brothers, it would have been easy for them to give up after the accident, but they didn't
4. M & G- not bad for old farts
5. R& K- by default
6. Lynn & Alex- you ae now offically my least favorite peeps in this game

Fighting for peace is like fck!ing for virginity.

adricharlie 1340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-30-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1. Brian/ Greg – These two are probably my favorite racers of all time. They work so well together and have fun. Coming back after the wreck just adds to their appeal. They just seem to be all around good people who genuinely care about others.

2. Uchenna/ Joyce – I liked the fact that they helped Meredith/Gretchen out of pure goodness and not as an opportunity to try and look "better" than other people.

3. Rob/Amber - Rob is truly just running a race. After being on Survivor he probably knew better than the others that the brothers would be getting help. As far not helping Meredith/Gretchen, I would say it is because he sees them as true competition which is a form of resepect. Rob reminds me of a little kid that does something naughty and then winks and smiles to make you laugh and forget it. Who knows what kind of people they really are but I still enjoy watching them whether they are doing good or bad.

4. Meredith/ Gretchen – These two are true competitors and anyone that helps them because they feel sorry for them and believe they don't pose a threat is an idiot. I think they could go pretty far just because others will underestimate them. Also, they are not overly obsessed with beating any other team in particularly.

5. Ron/ Kelly – These two don't get much face time so I look forward to next week.

6. Lynn/ Alex – They are just way to concerned with Rob/Amber and they are just starting to grate on my nerves a little. If they would just run their race they would rate much higher with me.

Philiminated: Ray/Deana – Good riddance!!! I didn't really like either one of them but he was really a piece of work.

callasin 58 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 11:27 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1. Gretchen/Meredith (4)- Gretchen staying calm and keeping Meredith searching for the clue was great racing. They had everything taken from them but still had a sense of humor about the situation when begging from the other teams. And two old people can pound corn better than Ray!

2. Uchenna/Joyce (2) - U/J and B/G are tied for 2nd in my opinion but I'll put U/J above the brothers because of their kindness and generosity to Gretchen and Meredith.

3. Brian/Greg (3) - They made up so much time after the wreck and outran Ray and Deana to the mat. It was nice to see them pray for the cameraman without their religion being a focus point so far this season.

4. Lynn/Alex (1)- Guys you know those tasteless comments you make around friends who know you're just kidding? Don't make them on TV!

5. Ron/Kelly (5)- I still can't get excited about this team. It looks like they are going to combust next episode.

6. Romber (8) - I can forgive not donating to M/G and I can forgive not stopping at the wreck when they could see others were helping. What I can't stand is Rob smiling and Amber giggling at the misfortune of others. And they get pouty and unhappy when they aren't first, even if they place well.

Ray and Deana - Goodbye and I won't miss Ray's nasty comments and whining.

fleaismycat 77 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 11:37 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
I love these lists. This is my first one.

1. Brian and Greg: For not giving up when they got so far behind the other teams after the wreck and for a very exciting run to the finish. I was definately rooting for them to win over Ray and Deana. Also, I'd give both B/G and A/R bonus points for guessing the right choice at the roadblock.

2. Uchenna and Joyce: Seemingly, nice people who seem to be enjoying the experience. They seem to treat each other well and are not screaching at each other or at any of the other teams. Great to see Joyce do well with the spear.

3. Gretchen and Meredith: I always like the older teams and these two seem plucky and I give her major points for not giving up after her fall. They also seem to really love each other which is heartwarming.

4. Rob and Amber: Ran a good leg. I think not stopping for the brothers is both a neutral thing. It did make them seem insensative but it also got them into second place. I guess if their stated goal is to win and not make friends then they are sticking to the plan.

5. Alex and Lynn: I like Alex and Lynn. I find them funny most of the time. I really wish they'd get off the amber/rob hating because it is getting very tired. They need to focus more on their own race. I felt badly for them at the toll booth because the two teams behind them (G/M and A/R) got told to look for the Witbank sign and they didn't. I think that's why they got lost.

6. Ron and Kelly: I don't dislike them. Rather, I feel.. disinterested in them. They don't make a strong connection with me. I was expecting to like him more than I do. I have the feeling after the next new episode I might dislike her somewhat.

(Ray and Deana would have been dead last and they were the last team left that I didn't like. I wonder now if the race will be less interesting to me now that I don't have a team I actively want to lose like in the last two TAR where I wanted Kendra/Freddie to lose and Colin /Christie to lose)

I like this batch of final six racers way more than the final six of the last two races. I think I would be okay with any of those teams winning but I think that, other than Rob who is very driven, all the teams need to kick it up a notch and get more motivated.

03-31-05, 07:50 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Yay! Welcome fleaismycat! I'm glad you love the Love List and I hope you'll be joining us regularly!

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-30-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1. Brian/Greg - I don't think I could love these two more if I tried: the prayer for the injured camera guy, reading the clue about going home to mom for food, having the time of their lives in the tunnels, mingling with the kids at the children's home, the fact that they (and Phil, too, I think) were near tears when they finally reached the pit stop....I could go on and on.

2. Uchenna/Joyce - Giving M&G clothes as well as cash was a real touch of class. Their reaction to the children's home was touching and I'm sure very meaningful for them. I think they are truly good people and would be beyond happy if they won.

3. Meredith/Gretchen - They made a dumb mistake by leaving the tunnels without the clue, but they just sucked it up and went back for it. Meredith's concern for Gretchen when she fell was truly touching and her determination not to let that stop them was admirable. Then with nothing but their passports and borrowed money and clothes they wound up in 5th place at the end of it all.

4. Lynn/Alex - Hate to put them so relatively low this week, but it's just in comparison to the others. I still like them, but their reactions to the people in Soweto bothered me. They got a little pi$$y at each other during the corn grinding task, but I love, love, love that they wouldn't let Romber in their taxi. Their concern for the car crash victims seemed genuine and proved, as Lynn said, that they are people first and racers second.

5. Ron/Kelly - They ran a good couple of legs and Ron is starting to stand out more, but Kelly is still just kind of filler. I can't even think of anything extraordinary about them to write here.

No number low enough. Team Dish It Out But Can't Take It - Where do I begin? A)So after all his tactics of bribing bus drivers, stealing taxis and flat-out lying, he can't handle it when he can't get into a cab with L&A. B)Even joking about Meredith pushing Gretchen down to gain sympathy and attention wasn't funny. C)Not even slowing down to see if the people in the car crash were okay. D)Refusing to help out M&G even a little bit was very telling. Even J&V last season helped out the team that was left with nothing.

Philiminated: Ray/Deana - Little bit of advice, Deana: run far, run fast and don't look back. Not sorry to see them go, the race is better off without them.

JanetFAN 180 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-30-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1st time doing this!

1) Meredith and Gretchen- overcame so much! These 'sacrificial lambs' probably won't last too much longer...but who would have guessed they'd last as long as they have?
2) Uchennya and Joyce- seem like terrific people, I'd want them as friends!
3) Brian and Greg- the biggest threats left in the race! And they're a decent alpha male team...incredible!
4) Lynn and Alex- I like their 'bitches' comments, just not the rest
5) Ron and Kelley- boring and looks like they might be the next first to worst team b/c of her Flo-like breakdown
6) Ray and Deana- pathetic team, their only redeeming quality: Deana was able to keep her cool on the 2nd leg (for the most part)
7) Rob and Amber- what can I say that hasn't already been said? Ep1 he was somewhat charming, since then he has been falling into my region of contempt held only for Flo

03-31-05, 07:52 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Hey JanetFAN! Welcome to the boards and to the Love List! Thanks for participating and come back soon!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1. Brian and Greg - Dudes rocked this week, not giving up and fighting their way back in. And they smartly chose Suck instead of Grind at the Detour to get back into the Race.

2. Meredith and Gretchen - They'll go back down in later weeks, I'm sure, but to stay in the race when everything was taken from them? And she gets bonus points for not crying and whining like so many of the contestants would have when she got hurt.

3. Uchenna and Joyce - She does all of the physically challenging Roadblocks (riding the horse, throwing the spear), while he goes shopping. Joyce rocks. And they treat each other well.

4. Lynn and Alex - The media whores. I get so tired of the Romber obsession, but at least they're not boring.

5. Ron and Kelly - Yawn.

6. Romber - At the beginning, I enjoyed watching Rob play mind games with the other teams, but now I'm bored with the "oh look at us, we were on Survivor" kids.

Ray and Deana - WOOHOO!!!!!! How awesome was it to see annoying Ray and whining Deana lose to the oldsters! This guy was a PITA and I am glad to see him go.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-30-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-05 AT 12:03 PM (EST)

1. Uchenna/Joyce (2,2,2): Among the most likeable people to ever play this game. And they finally seem to be getting the directions thing down.

2. Meredith/Gretchen (4,6,4): My highest ranking for them ever. Gretchen gets the grit award for the week.

3. Brian/Greg (6,3,5): Runners-up for the grit award. Both they and M/G get boosts because they beat Ray/Deana.

4. Lynn/Alex (3,1,1): Dropping for the nasty comments about Africa. They of all people should know the offensiveness of stereotypes. Actually, I thought the Romber-hating was toned down these episodes, except for the last 15 minutes.

5. Ron/Kelly (7,4,3): We get it. You were in Iraq. Bravo. And I expected more from your first shirtless scene, but it was just meh.

6. Rob (9,8,6): Amber doesn't even get a mention, because her contribution at the Fast Forward said it all. She couldn't even shop on her own until she latched onto a local in the market. Ah, Rob. Starting to see a bit of the old Marquesas Rob now, aren't we? Not stopping for the wreck really didn't bother me. Smirking and chuckling about it later did. And wouldn't it be ironic if you guys were the next to be last in a non-elim leg? I wonder how many donations you'd get from your fellow racers.

ETA: I forgot my goodbye to Ray/Deana!

Ciao, Ray/Deana. You were bottom feeders in the game and bottom feeders on my love lists. Now that you're gone, there's only one team left who I would object to winning. Ta ta!

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-30-05, 02:43 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"

>And wouldn't it be ironic
>if you guys were the
>next to be last in
>a non-elim leg? I wonder
>how many donations you'd get
>from your fellow racers.

Ooooooh, please, please, please let this happen. Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight.....

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-30-05, 05:42 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Don't get too excited. They'd just find some local who'd mortgage his house to give them money ('cause he's such a big fan!).

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 03:16 PM (EST)
21. "Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
no difference for me between the legs so I guess my list for 7.5 can be just a dupe for this one:

1) the brothers - great recovery to beat out R/D. No matter that they weren't injured, they had to be "thrown off their game by the accident"

2) uchnna and joyce - doing a good job. Good recovery from the baggage setback at the beginning of leg 5

3) meredith and gretchen - this list is becoming my "good recovery" list. Way to go to fight back from both the injury and the last place finish in the FF leg.

4) romber - they race pretty well but there is no excuse for not stopping even momentarily at the accident. That was not the same as passing by a team with a flat.

5) lynn and alex - the comments weren't funny or flattering this week. Good to stop for the brothers though

6) ron and kelly - looks like they are heading for a fallout. I haven't minded "blah" teams in the past, but there is something about this team that doesn't sit well with me. Has their editing omitted "objectionale" parts so far (as opposed to emphysizing them as for Jonathon/Victoria in TAR6)?

ron/deana - doesn't look like this is a couple that is going to go gently into the sunset. Glad they are gone from our view though.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-30-05, 04:15 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-05 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

1.) Brian/Greg - Great teamwork, and loved the Mom's enchiladas and the claustrophobic sleeping bag jokes.
2.) Uchenna/Joyce - I loved that they shared their clothes and their emotional reaction at the orphanage.
3.) Meredith/Gretchen - Gretchen is a competitor! Urging her husband on when she's bleeding from a head wound, and making jokes to boot. Much better than the whining young girls.
4.) Ron/Kelly - If it was Ron alone, he would be ranked #1, but Kelly's whining brings their ranking down as a team.
5.) Lynn/Alex - Their obsession with Romber is wearing thin.
6.) Romber - It would have only taken 5 seconds to pause to ask if everyone was okay. It shows you what kind of human being Rob is -- and Amber is just as bad because she thinks Rob is funny when he does these things.

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 05:56 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
LAST EDITED ON 03-30-05 AT 06:07 PM (EST)

missed a week or two, so no previous rankings.

1. Ron/Kelly - loved them this week. proving themselves a force to be reckoned with!

2. Lynn/Alex - mega points for stopping for the bros. at least one of the weeks i missed they would have been #1 too, so congrats guys! as i said earlier in the season, although they were consistently near the bottom, they weren't far from making a big move. and as i would have said in their missing #1 list, if you're going to be spiteful, it's good to be spiteful toward the people deserving of spite.

3. Uchenna/Joyce - loved these guys too, especially their reaction to the orphanage. its a rarity to have to rank a team you like so much as low as #3!

4. Meredith/Gretchen - they don't quit. glad they broke out of "lucky #7" before it became unlucky

5. Brian/Greg - i like them, but big (ok, semi, since the only team they'd really be moving below at this point is M/G) deductions for reckless driving. glad you came roaring back though

99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999. Rob/Amber - most disgusting waste of breath ever to disgrace a television set. i don't think those are angels on your shoulder amber. only demons would help the antichrist

OUT. Ray/Deana - think people went a little overboard with their hate here (especially with the totally benign "suck it up" that was the initial impetus), but that's about par for the course here. that said, there's only one team I rather would have seen go.

03-31-05, 07:55 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Welcome back! Don't go away for so long next time!

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 06:31 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1. Merideth/Gretchen-- I love Gretchen so much. she's awesome!!

2. Uchenna/Joyce-- another lovely team

3. Brian/Greg-- they're just a'ight for me.

4. Lynn/Alex-- meh

5. Ron/kelly-- hate ron, love kelly

6. romber-- worst team left

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 07:02 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1. (2) Brian/Greg. That? Was a hell of a sprint from the vehicle to the mat. They simply wanted it more than Ray and Deana (see below). Their humor is so refreshing, and they are running a solid race (the crash excepted).

2. (1) Uchenna/Joyce. Nice scene at the school, and a pretty solid, if unspectacular, performance. They handled the delay in getting their packs at the airport better than others would have.

3. (4) Meredith/Gretchen. They have now surpassed Don and Mary Jean in going further than any team their age on any TAR. WTG, especially after Gretchen's injury (which she handled comparatively well) and their last-place finish.

GAP THE SIZE OF THE OKAVANGO DELTA

4. (5) Ron/Kelly. Wish these two would get thrown to the lions. That's about the only way they could become interesting at all. Here because they have to be.

GAP THE SIZE OF THE KALAHARI DESERT

5. (6) Romber. Forget the whole "should they have stopped" thing. Even forget the spat with L/A about the van. I think some Colin/Christie-esque cracks are starting to show with these two, and that may not bode well in later legs when things get more stressful.

6. (3) Lynn/Alex. These two are no fun anymore. In fact, it's painful to watch them hating on everything and everyone. I don't see how they're going to be able to return to their "Happy Boys" ways, although I think they must if they want to have any chance of going further.

You Always Hurt The One You Sort Of Love: Ray/Deana. Did anyone else think they gave up on the sprint, even though B/G were likely going to be faster anyway? But the damage was done before then. They shot each other in the foot (and eye) at the Detour so much; it should never have had to come down to a footrace. And all that after working so well together at the Fast Forward; guess that must have been the Alternate Universe R/D. Deana, you are dreaming if you think you have any future with this egocentric loser. But since you have maybe even less self-respect than Victimia, I guess you're stuck with him until you discover he's found Someone Else.

I hope Dr. Neil Clarke Warren didn't put those two together...

Jealousy 109 desperate attention whore postings

03-30-05, 09:11 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1. Brian and Greg - Maybe it was their fault for driving too fast or not taking enough precaution, but I'm very impressed with how quickly they got through the detour and made it to the pitstop just in time. I was afraid that it was there time to go, but glad that I was wrong.

2. Rob and Amber - A little disappointed in their bad decision at the fast forward to wait it out until it was too late and also, I think that they should have at least slowed down to see if the contestants in the accident were alright and then quickly move on. I think it was a bad episode/s for this team, but I still prefer them over some of the others. Loved that Amber got help in the market place and that helper woman was so excited so see her and Boston Rob.

3. Meredith and Gretchen - Easing their way on up on my list. Meredith showed great concern when Gretchen was injured and I thought that was very touching.

4. Uchenna and Joyce - They didn't really do much for me in this episode. I was neither impressed nor disappointed with them. I almost don't remember seeing them if not for the orphanage thing.

5. Ron and Kelly - I think they're very strong in this race so far. They might not be all that compatible with each other, but they've been doing well for themselves. However, I still find them annoying.

6. Lynn and Alex - The Romber hate was toned down a smidge, thank goodness, and it's a good thing that they stopped for Brian and Greg but they don't have to be so snarky.

Philiminated - Ray and Deana - I think the fast forward was difficult. It seemed a bit scary since the bridge was so shakey, but I think they did very well and even got a cool first place prize for their effort. Never really cared for them during the course of the race, but they've got cars which I think is better than a vacation.

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-31-05, 00:06 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
An absolutely incredible two-parter yesterday, ranking alongside the best episodes of TAR.

1.) Brian/Greg (2) - An unbelievably tenacious comeback in the final twenty minutes of the show. I always thought that Brian/Greg were mostly fun and games - good for some direly needed comic relief during the show. I didn't think they had the competitive fire to pull off what they did last night. No matter what happens from here on out, their sixth place photo finish will go down in the annals of TAR history.

2.) Gretchen/Meredith (4) - Another gritty comeback performance. Gretchen responded with whim and vigor to her head injury. I was most impressed when she agreed to do the shopping roadblock. It was in their best interest for her to do the roadblock, but I would have completely understood if she passed the buck to Meredith. A steady course and sense of humor allowed them to overcome their setback in the next leg. Truly impressive.

3.) Joyce/Uchenna (1) - Bertram made me a liar. After firmly protesting last week that these two would remain #1 for a while, they get bumped by two stellar comebacks. In all honesty, my esteem for Uchenna/Joyce only grew last night. I was endeared when they gave M/G clothes and touched by their reaction at the orphanage. I'm sure these two will find a way back to the top in the next couple of weeks, but they have to settle with a temporary setback this week.

4.) Ron/Kelly (5) - Well, just when I thought these two might be a sound team, they go and have an eruption in the previews. I sincerely hope that Ron's offending statements were edited out of last night's preview. If a simple shush is the cause of Kelly's meltdown, I'll be truly mystified.

5.) Rob/Amber (3) - Editing can be such a cruel mistress. Romber came across as geniuses in the first four legs. Last night? Complete and total morons. While I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between the two extremes, last night caused their stock to dip considerably. Forget about not giving Meredith/Gretchen money. Forget about not slowing down for Brian/Greg. Those are value judgments for individual posters to decide. Romber made more competitive mistakes in a two-hour span than most top-tier teams make in an entire season:

- Completely unacceptable indecision while waiting for Ray/Deana to complete the Fast Forward.
- Amber sleepwalking through the shopping roadblock until getting help from a fan.
- Sheepishly following another team to the Johannesburg airport, therefore missing the first flight.
- Rob aimlessly chucking in the spear challenge, allowing almost all the other teams to pass them.
- Forgetting the clues on the way the pitstop, forcing them to retrace their path and come in 2nd.

6.) Lynn/Alex (6) - I really don't want to waste any more words on these two. They've been sublimely excoriated by much better posters than me on other threads. Please get them off my television - thanks.

OUT: Ray/Deana (7) - A free drink to the clever poster who built a time machine, went into the past, and bribed that blessed corn meal spotter to repeatedly say no to Ray/Deana. Or perhaps the spotter intuited that Ray/Deana deserved elimination. In either case, well played!

nazzWord 60 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-05, 01:02 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1. Brian & Greg - totally awesome run. Never had cheered any team b4 except 4 them last night. Good job on closing the gap during the drive even after spinning the first suv, and outrunning R&D on the footrace.

2. Meredith & gretchen - Way to go! Respected their never say die effort. Love the way gretchen urging M 2 find the clues while her head being bandage.

3. U&J - If only you are good in directions. U r a good team. Touched by their offer of clothes to M&G. Had loose placing because they got lost so often.

4. R.Kelly - Very good with direction. Balance physical ability. But there's something weird about them. They don't seem to love each other not even as friends.

Lyn& Alex - Can't take the romber hating anymore. And their comments. To whinny and to much arm flying.

Romber - Need I say more. I dont really care if they dont stop or give other money. But his smugness and her acceptance is too much to bear. I relly despise him when he said that maybe meredith purposely made gretchen fall 4 sympathy. Mean thing to say totally unclassy.Unfair advantage to them that so many people know them and offer help.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1. Romber! Love 'em.

2. Brian/Greg- great racers, funny comments ("Go home" and "enter a food coma") but I still don't know which is which.

3. Uchenna/Joyce- I thought it was nice of them to give M/G some clothes.

4. Meredith/Gretchen- I bet Deana would have quit the second she got cut. Gretchen is tough and Meredith is caring and supportive.

5. Ron/Kelly- enough with the Baghdad/Army comments

6. Lynn/Alex- they can say all they want about Romber not stopping, but we all know that they wouldn't have stopped if it had been Romber.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-31-05, 01:18 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Let me just say this is an outstanding cast, now that Ray/Deana are gone I have no one to really root against.

1. Romber -- For Boston Rob, I can't think of a more entertaining reality show contestant on any show, and I have grown to love Amber too. As I said in another forum, TAR fans are divided into three groups: a) those who have loved Romber since before they were on TAR, b) those who didn't love Romber at first but have grown to love them after these first few episodes, and 3) those who won't love Romber until later in the race.
2. Lynn/Alex -- Very funny guys. I know it is inconsistent to put these two as 1 & 2 -- but I cannot help but hope these two teams stay til the end and are racing against each other at the finish.
3. Uchenna/Joyce -- Very nice people, getting to be almost Chip/Kim like.
4. Brian/Greg -- Look like they are having fun, and kudos for eliminating Ray.
5. Meredith/Gretchen -- I like their effort, although there is no way they are going to win this thing.
6. Ron/Kelly -- Would be more highly ranked in another season.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-31-05, 01:47 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
That was quite a two hours!!! I could only watch it peripherally Tuesday night, so I had to go back to the tape last night to see the finer points and determine how ugly Rob and Amber really got during the legs. It wasn’t as bad as I thought. And, the two accidents really added to the drama of the evening. That, along with the orphanage and the FACT for me that the African legs are always the highlight of the race really made it all a special evening. In the end I’m really struggling to sort out my first three places. So, let’s do this more like the Top Six Teams remaining on TAR.

Team #6 Lynn/Alex (7) Absolutely no question for me that they’re in last and will most likely stay there for their duration on the race. They could’ve stayed near the top as I had them early but their constant whining and lack of focus on the race costs them big time in my book. And, their desire to be heroes because they stopped at the accident is ridiculous. TO MUCH drama guys. Oh, and it sickens me to be reminded of the “Freddy/Kendra Scary African syndrome”. These guys can be very good and entertaining, but when they’re bad, they are awful. And now, they are awful.

Team #5 Ron/Kelly (5) This is actually pretty hard to do to them because they are actually beginning to find their way in the race and are developing some personality. I’m kind of thinking these may be our winners and I’ll probably be ok with that.

Team #4 Meredith/Gretchen (4) This is even more unfair to them. They are just a little bit grating on me from time to time (Gretchen’s over the top reactions at times). But, they are hanging and persevering and I give them a lot of credit. They should be very proud of what they’ve accomplished up to this point – they’ve beaten out what should have been some pretty competitive teams. BUT, it says a lot when they celebrate finishing 5th – their best finish yet.

Team #3 Rob/Amber (1) I really do love ‘em just like Kimmah, but they ran a poor leg. Waiting around at the cooling tower was a poor decision. Getting help from time to time from locals is cool, but it’s also at times pathetic that they need it to stay in the race. This week some of the camera comments were near the edge. Still, Rob entertains me and I’ll hate to see them leave when they do. I still don’t really want them to win but I like ‘em.

Team #2 Brian/Greg (3) I could hang with these guys. The playfulness they display (reading the clue, the orphanage) is endearing. They compete hard. There’s not much to dislike, if anything. A win by them would be just fine for me. I’m gonna have out some of the CBS bonus interviews this week if I have time to see what they have to say about the accident.

And, Team #1 Uchenna/Joyce (2) How could I have an Africa leg without the AA’s ending up in first place? I like how their relationship with each other is deepening and that they’ve opened themselves up for the idea of adoption (need any advice guys? Give me a call!). I experience my first bit of emotion watching the race this time with Joyce’s comments about the orphanage. OTH – this won’t take ‘em out of first for me this week, but how in the world can they constantly get lost? It was amazing when they made a CORRECT turn to get to the train(? – or whatever) when the other teams got lost. If they do lose in the race it’ll because they just can’t seem to navigate consistently.

Ray/Deana – won’t miss them at all. Too much Colin/Jonathan syndrome with him. I’m sure some of you caught it – on Wednesday during their appearance on CBS they announced they had gotten engaged at Christmas.

And, before I leave, here’s a picture of one of the children’s homes we visited in Kenya (the furthest south we got on our Africa trip):

Obviously, where we were at they don't have quite the resources available that were available in South Africa. That's the kitchen behind them in the picture.

03-31-05, 01:59 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
That photo is priceless! The kids look great! You must've had the experience of a lifetime on that trip. Thank you for sharing.

DiegosTrip 9 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
7.5 & 7.6

Wow, 28 lists before me ... here goes!

I never ranked a double episode and actually made two different lists; I wrote 7.5 before watching 7.6 so it wouldn’t skew my love. Here’s a combination of both lists.

Love for this week - Love for last week - Leaderboard Shifts 7.4 to 7.5 to 7.6.

1 – 1 - (1 to 5 to 2) - Rob and Amber – Team Crafty – I thought this was the LOVE LIST not the HATE LIST. Since there’s so much hate for this team, I ranked them number 1 (come on, the shows more exciting with them in it). The cracks are beginning to show. Going for the Fast Forward was a poor decision since they knew that a few teams were ahead of them. Rob was looking at Amber for input yet she seemed reluctant to take lead. I applaud them for using their fame. If I were the first car to come across Greg and Brian’s accident, I would have stopped and helped; but like Rob and Amber, if I saw another team there, I would have kept driving and assumed that the production member from the second car was on top of things. (Finishes 4 top 3 / 1 bottom 3)

2 – 2 - (2 to 3 to 6) - Brian and Greg – Team Hilarious - Are the other teams having as much fun as this one is? “Fly home and eat Mom’s enchiladas!” “We need deodorant!” “Don’t do drugs!” These boys had me in stitches throughout the entire episode. Best finish I have ever seen. Why did five teams choose to beat corn instead of sucking water through a straw? (Finishes 3 top 3 / 2 bottom 3)

3 – 3 - (3 to 6 to 3) - Uchenna and Joyce - Team Awe - I love how supportive they are of each other and how focused they are on improving their game. I don’t think they’ll get eliminated because another team outraced them, I think they’ll only get eliminated if they make a stupid mistake (like getting lost again). I loved that they took the time to get a map at the airport (but it helps if you know where your start point is). (Finishes 3 top 3 / 1 bottom 3)

4 – 6 - (7 to 7 to 5) – Meredith and Gretchen – Team Stripped – I figured this was one of the non-elimination legs, so I wasn’t too worried for them. She’s so freaking funny. Major props for maintaining her composure after falling in the cave and for keeping Meredith focused on finding the next clue. Last to fifth, outstanding! Beating Ray and Deana – priceless. (Finishes 0 top 3 / 4 bottom 3)

5 – 4 - (4 to 2 to 1) - Ron and Kelly – Team Ambien - This team bores me so much that I have decided to drop them near the bottom of the pack and furthermore … nope … there’s nothing else … I tried … (Finishes 3 top 3 / 1 bottom 3)

6 – 5 - (5 to 4 to 4) - Lynn and Alex – Team Haters! - At the bottom of the pack even though I like the skills they display while performing tasks. Not a big fan of the “hating.” Run your race and quit yer bashing. Clearly, they have never been to Compton. I like the previous post that states the accident was about Greg and Brian, not Rob and Amber. (Finishes 1 top 3 / 0 bottom 3)

Philiminated
No Love - 7 - (6 to 1 to 7) - Ray and Deana – Team Implosion -
I understood his drive. I don’t get her at all. I don’t want to cast blame … yes I do … she lost it for them.

By the by, the clips at cbs.com are enlightening (Lynn’s the a-hole, Gretchen’s even funnier, Phil’s not so wooden).

Susan and Patrick – Back Home
Debbie and Bianca – Directionally Challenged
Megan and Heidi – Kiss the Boys and say good-bye.
Ryan and Chuck – I was looking forward to seeing these guys sweat.

04-01-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Love your comprehensive lists, DT.

"Ron and Kelly – Team Ambien" - great designation! How sick are you of those Ambien commercials on CBS website?

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

DiegosTrip 9 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 10:57 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Thanks Sittem!

I made sure to participate this season after following last season's lists.

It's good to know that there are many other reality tv geeks like me. Some take it a little more serious than others ... (some even more than that) ... but it's all harmless fun.

Look forward to reading the summary.

Take care!

watermelon 184 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
It's a close call for me for the top 3... it's almost a tie, really... but I'll separate them this way for the following reason:

1. (last week 5) Meredith/Gretchen. I'm impressed at the old folks' tenacity after their setback, Gretchen carrying on with little complaint and them still making it through despite being stripped of bags and money. Meredith obviously loves and cares for Gretchen. Gretchen makes light of her misfortunes, eg "I always wanted a facelift." They don't hold a grudge against other Racers for not giving them money or giving them wrong directions (boat thing with Ray last week). They seem to enjoy themselves all the time. They're funky grandparents, and I wish mine were like them! I think they'll go soon, so I'm giving them 1st spot this week.

2. (1) Brian/Greg. Reacted well to a bad situation. Appreciated how they waved Lynn/Alex to go ahead and didn't berate other Racers who didnt stop. I totally don't blame them for not mentioning the cameraman as soon as they hit the mat - it was a tiring an emotional day for them. Im sure they would have brought it up sooner or later if Phil hadn't done so first. I love the great quotes that come from them!

3. (2) Uchenna/Joyce. I still love them. It's not so much they've fallen down the list, more that I've placed the above 2 higher. They love the game, love each other, are nice to the other Racers. I love a team that's both competitive and want to win, but also go out of their way to play nice by giving the other team money/clothes when they need it. I think it takes a lot more skill to play a good game while being nice like them.

(small gap)

4. (4) Ron/Kelly. They've kinda grown on me a little, but I still don't like how they compare everything to Iraq/war or beauty pageants. surely there's more to both of you? I like how he makes funny comments about Kelly and she doesn't chuck a hissy fit.

5. (3) Lynn/Alex. They've gone down for me because they made such a big deal of Romber not stopping and because of racist comment about being glad Jo'burg is a real city. I didn't think gun comment was racist though because it's a fact of life that Jo'burg is a dangerous place with lots of guns. I've worked with a trauma surgeon before who lived in South Africa for some years - I've heard lots of stories of gang fights turned nasty, so I know this for a fact. I would have been scared too, in that situation.

HUGE gap!

6. (6) Romber. Mean AND stupid this week! Let me list what I didn't like about them this week:

- Amber not knowing what to do at FF
- them not leaving FF when they saw another team there -> wasted time, dumb move, dumb gameplay
- Rob doesn't know how to pronounce "aardvark". He said "ard-ver-duck" or something like that. It was 3 syllables anyway
- Rob not being able to take what he gives out when Lynn/Alex didn't let them on the bus. Yes, it was mean and petty of Lynn/Alex, but Rob has done the same when he hired the minivan in ep.1 and wouldn't let the driver pick up anyone else, so who is he to complain?
- Rob saying "I'm through being nice". When has he ever been nice?
- Amber running around like a headless chicken in the market
- Rob and Amber laughing and smiling over not stopping at accident site. I don't mind that they didn't stop, but that they could laugh and smile over their actions just sickens me
- Rob's comment about Meredith and Gretchen. Yes, it was said as sarcasm, but I still find it sickening that someone could come up with awful words like that. Some things just aren't funny, no matter how they're intended
- them following Lynn/Alex (?) and getting lost on the way to the airport. And they've always prided themselves on being smart and not blindly following others? HUH! (having said that, M/G made a dumb move too... but at least they never said anything about being very good players... they've always been humble and respectful of other teams' abilities)

redbaronii 171 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 11:54 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-05 AT 11:55 PM (EST)

OK...again, last week rank in ( ).

#1: Meredith/Gretchen (5) - I can't help it. She didn't whine when she was hurt, they came back and beat out the young guys. Stripped everything?? Who cares? They are the first one to "suffer" through it, and they did a nice job coming back
#2. Brian/Greg (2) - They just reminds me and my brother too much now...not to mention about the scene @ orphanage and crash @ middle of nowhere in Kalahari
#3: Uchenna/Joyce (3) - Because...they're "mini-Chip/Kim". From the orphanage scene to the old people, they're just nice to everyone, while still being a good racer
#4: Ron/Kelly (4) - Still a "blah" to me, only this high because of the "Redhead" quote in preview
#5: Lynn/Alex (1) - They're still hilarious, the only problem is that STOP FOCUSING on the @#^$%...

(GAP to infinity, and beyond)
#6: @#^$%mber (6) - Because...I get tired of them...
a. Amber is a dumb airhead, FF decision? I think the wandering around market is even worse
b. Using their fames: PLEASE...WHO GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THAT??
c. It's all about...him: it's funny, however, to see that he's pissing off because he do not have chance to share a "carpet seating"
d. The Smilily Mug Face: How many of those I need to see before I smack you??

GONE and NEVER want to remember: Ray/Deana (7) - The only good thing they did is now @#^$%mber would be forever at the bottom of my list until they would be gone...

louislam 475 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 01:05 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1) Brian/Greg (1) - They showed determination when they fell behind the other teams. Smart choice on detour, and they won the footrace. Mission impossible. Brilliant!

2) Meredith/Gretchen (4) - They really exceed my expectation. Without money and backpack, they still managed to escape from last place. And they helped us to show who are good people and who are not.

3) Lynn/Alex (2) - They are still okay. Though they always whined about R/A, I don't mind. Nice to stop and ask if B/R were fine after car crush, but I don't think they needed to stop for so long. Focus on the race is also important.

4) Uchenna/Joyce (3) - I have no special feeling about them. They are nice as always, but they just remind me of Chip/Kim, there is no need to have repetition.

5) Ron/Kelly (5) - Though they don't move in the list, the gap between (4) and (5) is narrower. They did quite well in the last leg, and they received more face time than before, which is a good thing. I'm surprised to see Kelly is not too bad, at least better than Amber.

6) Rob/Amber (6) - I don't know them before the race but that's enough to show their attitude to other teams. They did all the things to make them become enemies of the other teams. I cannot accpet that they didn't even want to give 5 bucks to the old couple, which makes me sick. And Phil was also shocked to see them giggling about not stop and ask if B/G were okay. I know it's a race, but it also shows humanity. After this leg, I completely know what kind of people you are.
Regarding performance, they were bad also in this leg. In previous legs, Amber receive no face time at all, so I don't know much about her. But now, when I see her wandering in doing the roadblock and couldn't make decision, I know she is useless in the race. No wonder Rob had to do all his tricks to keep them going.

Philiminated - Ray/Deana (7) - Happy to see them go. No need to mention they sucked in last leg.

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

taffnic 5392 desperate attention whore postings

04-02-05, 07:13 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
1.Brian/Greg-Get the #1 spot because of beating R/D in foot
race at the end.

2.Uchenna/Joyce-seem to be a very classy couple, never making
deragatory comments about the others. Them giving clothes to
M/G was very generous.

3.Meredith/Gretchen-They take every thing in stride. I loved
the facelift comment and the fact they didn't give up in
spite of her injury.

4.Rob/Amber-I really like this couple and hope they get to
the final show. I don't mind about them not stopping at the
accident team but Rob's comment about Meredith probably
throwing Gretchen down gets them the #4 spot.

5.Ron/Kelly-Neither like or dislike them. Maybe they need more
air time.

6.Lynn/Alex-I will be glad when they are gone. Get over your
whining and constant harping on R/A who have not done anything
to you personally.

Ray/Deanna- I am so glad the "old couple" are outlasting you.

Das Mole 2366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-02-05, 07:17 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
Rank. Names (Last Week)(Previous weeks)(Average)
1. Brian/Greg (2)(1,1,1)(1.2)- I gotta put them on top again, they're a smart team, they actually managed to avoid getting eliminated, which I found astonishing, and I was happy for them. I hope they stick around a lot longer, and I actually think they have what it taked to win the entire thing.
2. Rob/Amber (1)(2,2,2)(1.8)- They only move down b/c B/G move up. I still love them, think they're awesome, and I don't care if they didn't stop for B/G b/c the fact is, it's a race, and you want to win. Maybe they should've said "are you OK?", but they definitely didn't need to stop and get out like L/A think they should've done. That's a bunch of BS.
3. Uchenna/Joyce (5)(4,5,4)(4.2)- They're a strong team, and I actually have a feeling they might make the final three. Don't know if they'll win, but I think they'll make it quite a bit farther.
4. Meredith/Gretchen (6)(7,9,8)(6.8)- Well, I have to say they surprised me. They actually beat Ray/Deana (which was nice, but not that shocking) at the task, which is pretty good for one of, if not the oldest couple(s) to ever be on the show. And I also have to say I liked Gretchen a lot more after she got through that nasty cut.
5. Lynn/Alex (3)(3,3,3)(3.4)- I think these two are slightly irritating...they keep talking about Rob and Amber, blah blah blah, and they're harpin' on how R/A didn't do "the right thing", but at the same time...if Romber were the ones that had rolled over, would they have stopped on the side of the road? Of course not. So I think it's a little bit...I dunno, "unfair" for lack of a better word, of them to be saying that Rob and Amber should've "done the right thing" and all that crap.
6. Ron/Kelly (4)(5,4,6)(5.0)- They're nice people, but they're just a little too boring for me...I dunno. I don't dislike them, but I'm neutral about them at worst.

THE LAST OF THE "POOPOOHEADS" HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED
Ray/Deana (6)(6,9)(7.0)- Good riddance. He's always complaining about her when most of the time she's just stating the facts, such as, "How'd they go so fast?", and then Ray says "stop whining, Deana!", when all she was saying was just, "How'd they go so fast?" in a completely non-whining tone of voice. Ugh. Like I said, good riddance.

dirob 92 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-05, 02:12 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Fanatics Love List Volume 7.5 & 7.6"
My List of Love

(1) Rob & Amber–for "being Racers FIRST and Humans SECOND" and didn't STOP!

(2) Brian & Greg–also being Racers FIRST and Humans SECOND and didn't GIVE UP!

(3) Uchenna & Joyce-for finally finding their sense of direction and getting quickly to the airport!

(4) Meredith & Gretchen–for brushing off her injury and still playing like true good sports!

(5) Ron & Kelly–for surprisingly still being in the race but are not surprisingly still complete bores.

(6) Lynn and Alex-for NOT being morally superior, NOT "checking their humanity at the door" and of course NOT ever...ever being complete and utter camera whores.

(Ray and Deana-"SUCKS" to have to say, "bye-bye"...but is it me or is there something wrong with Deana's right eye?)

04-04-05, 09:33 AM (EST)
49. "Love List 7.5 & 7.6 Rankings"
I'm getting this posted early this week - gotta give all my attention to the NCAA tonight and then basking in the glow of a national championship tomorrow (or not).

As always, if any rankings come in after this is originally posted I'll update them before show time.

The big general news this week is that we had a record number of lists posted – 33!!! And, while TAR isn’t in competition with Survivor, I’m revelling this week that the average number of TAR Love List posts (with rankings) for this season stands at 27 – and Survivor is only 22! TAR has truly arrived. There were 4 new posters adding lists this week and once again we have 11 faithful who have posted a list after each week of TAR – ftr they are FFantasyFX, ARnutz, Joools, coolflowerpowerman, Das Mole, seahorse, emydi, Jealousy, Cygnus X1, Seanna and sittem.

On to the rankings. They’re presented as: this week’s ranking; name; (last weeks ranking) total points this week - average ranking this week (first place votes)<last place votes>

1. Brian/Greg (1) 60 – 1.8 (19)<0>
2. Uchenna/Joyce (2) 80 – 2.4 (5)<0>
3. Meredith/Gretchen (6)98 – 3.0 (4)<0>
4. Rob/Amber (5) 139 – 4.3 (4)<15>
5. Lynn/Alex (3) 155 – 4.7 (0)<11>
6. Ron/Kelly (4) 161 – 4.9 (1)<7>

Observations:

1. This week 5 teams (out of six) got votes for first and the votes for last dropped to three teams.

2. The big gainer in position was the dogged and persistent Meredith/Gretchen team. Their position rose from 5th to third and from an average ranking of 4.5 to 3.0 – that’s quite an accomplishment this late in the season.

3. Still first even more solidly this week are Brian and Greg with 19 first place rankings – 57%. It appears the only thing that can take them out of the top spot will be elimination.

4. Uchenna and Joyce stay in second, but also improve their ranking a bit with 2 more first place ranks and an overall average climbing slightly.

5. There's a big gap between the top three teams and the bottom three teams.

6. Ron and Kelly managed to take over last, but even with that they really aren’t the most “unpopular” team – two others actually had more last place votes.

6. Lynn and Alex are running very close to RK – they’re only 6 "points" from the bottom and managed to be the only team without one first place ranking. They moved down from third to fifth, trading places with MG. Still, they came in only second for last place ranks.

7. That privilege belongs to Rob and Amber with 15 last place ranks – 45% of our total. In spite of the hate coming their way this week, they still managed to move ahead of Lynn and Alex overall. Even though the love diminished for them this week there were still 4 hardcore fans who ranked them first. It seems to me they might be one of the primary reasons why TAR ratings have gone up to their highest ever this season.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •