The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"10 player merge confirmed?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-02-02, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"10 player merge confirmed?"
There's been speculation about the merged tribe consisting of 9 or 10 members (thanks to the TP).

If you go to the CBS site (usually unreliable but bear with me) and go to the 'challenge tracker' section, you will see that they have set up a table that indicates that there will be six tribal immunity challenges, therefore six people get the boot pre-merge.

They have then put in a blank template underneath where they could perfectly fit in another table with the TEN remaining players where they would fight it out for individual immunity.

Since everyone needs to be present for these challenges, this seems to indicate one tribe of ten members is what will take place.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I hate to be the one....but? tribephyl 03-02-02 1
   RE: I hate to be the one....but? smokedog 03-02-02 2
 RE: 10 player merge confirmed? SurvivorBlows 03-02-02 3
   The French AyaK 03-04-02 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-02-02, 05:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I hate to be the one....but?"
They have always had 9 or 10 members at merged tribe time. Always ...the only slight difference would be the delayed uniting of tribes in S3. Which still didn't mean much because, then, they played for individual immunity, between the 10 of them, when they did get together.
Nothing new here.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-02-02, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I hate to be the one....but?"
The reason for the post was to basically squash the notion that was out there that for the first time the merged tribe would begin with 9 people instead of the usual 10. I think the TP stated (another unreliable source) that they saw or thought that 'the remaining nine players merged into one tribe'.

This could have been another EPM alteration to the game, because as we all know the first member of the merged tribe voted out does not make the jury anyway. This little wrinkle would not alter the way that the jury decides the winner.

Having said all that, we can now disregard any of this because it looks like the merge will now more or less be the same as the past three series.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-02, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 10 player merge confirmed?"
I think everyone here knows by now how I feel about the Tahiti Press reports -- while I'm sure there is a basis of truth in every article, they have been exhibiting an extraordinary tendency to 1) get the details wrong, 2) report conflicting information from one artcile to the next -- with no attempt at clarification, correction, or acknowledgement that what is this the current article conflicts with their previous reports.

Frankly I think that while some of Tahiti Press reports that had VERY SPECIFIC DETAILS (like maybe challenge information and prizes) might prove useful this season, I'm of the opinion that their understanding of the overall game rules is poor at best and their reports are likely to be as much a hinderence as an asset to this season's spoiler community.

-SB

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-02, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "The French"
>I'm of the opinion that their understanding of the overall game
>rules is poor at best

...which would be no surprise, since they speak French in Tahiti (and, in fact, the Tahitipresse quotes that the spoilers have been citing come from translations done by bilingual spoilers).

Survivor has been successful in Germanic and English-speaking countries ... but NOT AT ALL in Spanish or French-speaking countries. I'm told by people who had contact with Tahitipresse that its "reporters" had never even heard of the show prior to the filming.

And ... if the E7 IC took place on the same day as the TC, then the merge would take place at 9 anyway!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •