The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be let back in"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Molzingvivor 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-16-02, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molzingvivor Click to send private message to Molzingvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be let back in"
Wasn't it obvious that once Julie asked "How much would you give up to get in?" that the criteria for re-entry was set? As soon as she said that I was thinking at least half - if not more like $400K! What was Lori thinking - a whole $50K? Ooh - don't sacrifice too much!

And the PB&J question (BTW - Note to CBS: enough with the PB&J already!), only an idiot wouldn't say that they would eat it until the end. So there goes Tonya and her two best friends.

I really like they way CBS planned the re-entry - except I wish they wouldn't have "ripped up the contracts". What a cop out! I think Amy should give up half to get back in - I mean she did LOSE after all and is given another chance. How many other people get a second chance in Reality TV World?

"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are." - Homer Simpson

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be... katem 08-16-02 1
   RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be... managerr 08-16-02 2
 RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be... SurvivinDawg 08-16-02 3
 RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be... Fast Eddie 08-16-02 4
   RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be... elmoleo 08-16-02 5
       RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be... diseuse 08-17-02 6
           RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be... Red Lady 08-17-02 7
               RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be... SurvivinDawg 08-17-02 8
                   RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be... diseuse 08-17-02 9
                       RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be... SurvivinDawg 08-17-02 10
 RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be... sleeeve 08-17-02 11
   RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be... SurvivinDawg 08-17-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-16-02, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be let back in"
>Wasn't it obvious that once Julie
>asked "How much would you
>give up to get in?"
>that the criteria for re-entry
>was set? As soon
>as she said that I
>was thinking at least half
>- if not more like
>$400K! What was Lori
>thinking - a whole $50K?
> Ooh - don't sacrifice
>too much!

No kidding, what an idiot !!!!!

>And the PB&J question (BTW -
>Note to CBS: enough with
>the PB&J already!), only an
>idiot wouldn't say that they
>would eat it until the
>end. So there goes
>Tonya and her two best
>friends.

I think it was a fair question, it obviously got rid of one more player. A lot of people would not be able to stand eating PB&J for a week much less 42 days.

>I really like they way CBS
>planned the re-entry - except
>I wish they wouldn't have
>"ripped up the contracts".
>What a cop out!
>I think Amy should give
>up half to get back
>in - I mean she
>did LOSE after all and
>is given another chance.
>How many other people get
>a second chance in Reality
>TV World?

Well I liked it that it was torn up, but if she does win the game (doubtful, I think Danielle will) they should take off the equivalent of the two weeks she was off the show.

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-16-02, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be let back in"
Once you realized it was the criteria, I would have added $1 to whatever I decided to bid. The only thing I can think of is maybe Lori didn't really want to come back.

<<How many other people get a second chance in Reality TV World?>>

Hey to the 3rd couple from Love Cruise

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-16-02, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be let back in"
I thought the way they determined the final two to be voted on was VERY good.

I believe they only allowed the HGs to vote for two reasons:

1) the HGs had talked about it, and said that if they WEREN'T allowed to vote, it would mean BB3 changes its plans based on what the players say (which is true, they do).

2) I think SeeBS has people reading the feed boards, as well as boards like this one, and perhaps polls on their own boards. SeeBS knows that bringing a person back is not popular with the American People (and the Canadiens, too). And, perhaps they even read the Dawg Conspiracy Theory, too. So they let them vote.

Lori's opening bid of 50,000 shows not only her avarice, but her lack of brains. She looked like a fool during that whole process, especially with her responses to Chen.

Tonya got it about right in bidding half (as did Amy and Eric). She just applied the same theory to the PBJ, whereas Eric and Amy went for the whole full-meal-deal.

I think it was good that they DON'T have the returnee competing for less (they could throw it and SPLIT 250,000, and still get the 2d place money and be as well off), but the reason I'm glad Julie did that was Amy's response. "Does that apply to the PBJ, too?!?!?!" Did I detect a sigh of relief when Julie said that was the case?

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-16-02, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be let back in"

I'm with you there. How many times have we heard contestants say "I don't care about the money"? They should have let the contracts stand and if that person won, give the sacrificed amount to his/her favorite charity.

elmoleo 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-16-02, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail elmoleo Click to send private message to elmoleo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be let back in"
I thought it was funny as hell when she ripped up the contract because it was equivalent to slapping Tonya and Lori across the face. They realized how stupid they were, especially Lori.

Also, I understand why Lisa voted for Amy (so that her and Eric wont become targets), but that was brutal.

diseuse 10 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-02, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail diseuse Click to send private message to diseuse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be let back in"
SurvivinDawg, honey, if you gonna keep usin' that ''Canadiens,'' you had better factor in the other half of the equation, i.e. Canadiennes. K? LOL

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-17-02, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be let back in"
SurvivinDawg, honey, if you gonna keep usin' that ''Canadiens,'' you had better factor in the other half of the equation, i.e. Canadiennes. K? LOL

I agree with both of ya...but isn't the correct spelling:
CANADIANS? Of course, I am an American and a flamingo, so what would I know?

Regards,

08-17-02, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be let back in"
Ladies and gentlemen, may I draw your attention to the subtle humor in the way I am doing that?

If spelling "Canadians" or "Canadiens" or "Canadiennes" is so freaking important to y'all, I will make sure never to upset you again with it.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

diseuse 10 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-02, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diseuse Click to send private message to diseuse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be let back in"
Awww, SurvivinDawg, not important at all. Just goin' along with the little joke. Don't get mad at a newbie K?

08-17-02, 04:24 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be let back in"
Not mad at you at all, diseuse. But others have also been really giving me hell about this very thing, so I'm not going to mention it any more.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-17-02, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be let back in"

They had to... how boring would it have been if someone said "I'll give up everything... I'm in it for the experience", and then they won... the audience wouldn't have cared at all if Amy ended up winning nothing... And if they didn't tear up the PB&J contracts, then they'd have one less person to compete in the food games... they HAD to tear up the contracts for the sake of the show (which is why I would have said that I'd give up everything to get back in, if I had been in their shoes).

>How many other people get
>a second chance in Reality
>TV World?

Jeanette from Love Cruise?

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

08-17-02, 05:39 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Lori & Tonya - Too stupid to be let back in"
Agree with sleeeve totally.

My earlier example wasn't a good one, so let me put it better:

Say Amy gave up $250,000 to get back in, and they upheld the contract.

So Roddy comes to Amy: "Amy, let's you and me collaborate. Let me win, I'll give you $250,000, AND you keep second place money.:

Amy can only win $250,000 anyway. Now Roddy wins 250K and the title and what little publicity that brings; Amy comes away with $300,000.

Oh sure, they're not supposed to share the winnings. Didn't stop Tina and Colby. But THIS is why CBS didn't force them to keep those contracts. It takes the temptation to cheat out of the game.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •