The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Debra and Steve -Sad but... Huh?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-17-03, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Debra and Steve -Sad but... Huh?"
I was just reading the bio for Debra, the 40's wife and mom, on a team with husband Steve. It said that:
She has struggled with depression after the recent and untimely deaths of her parents, aunts and uncles, best man and maid of honor, who "drove off the I-40 bridge to their deaths." She's afraid of "heights and dark waters,"

Does anyone know anything about this? It sounds horribly tragic and also confusing.

I'm also a bit puzzled why someone would put this in their bio.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Debra and Steve -Sad but... Huh... Neobie 05-18-03 1
   RE: Debra and Steve -Sad but... Huh... SaphireLady 05-29-03 5
 RE: Debra and Steve -Sad but... Huh... dajaki 05-18-03 2
 RE: Debra and Steve -Sad but... Huh... Canada Girl 05-18-03 3
 RE: Debra and Steve -Sad but... Huh... TeamJoisey 05-21-03 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-18-03, 03:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Debra and Steve -Sad but... Huh?"
Might be referring to this... They're originally from Oklahoma and this incident happened quite recently... But apparently Steve says "their wedding the most exciting moment of his life." So I agree... Huh?

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/05/26/barge.bridge/

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-29-03, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Debra and Steve -Sad but... Huh?"
I remember reading about this when It happened.

Think that this is a way for this couple to move on and enjoy life again. I would think that they would not have been let on the show if they had not passed the test. I can here the thearpist saying that this would be good for them.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-18-03, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Debra and Steve -Sad but... Huh?"
If this is all true, I'm a bit disturbed that Bruckheimer would put them in the race. The stress of the race and the frightening challenges she will face (has faced as taping is done) will only exacerbate her emotions. I hope we're not going to be entertained again with a complete breakdown. With Flo it was fun, with Debra not so much.

Maybe she and her husband felt that they needed to come on TAR to really experience living, in memory of those they have lost.

I really should go read their bios.

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-18-03, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Debra and Steve -Sad but... Huh?"
I'm still sort of confused, I must admit. Did they all (six people) drive off? That article is very ambiguous.

And it does sound like if they were travelling together, it was to a family event. Was that the wedding? And if so, they've been married for eight years, so tragic as that is, it was eight years ago.

CG is very confused!

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-21-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Debra and Steve -Sad but... Huh?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-03 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

More poor writing on the CBS site. I don't think the parents, aunts and uncles were involved in the bridge tragedy. The best man and maid of honor died in the accident on May 26,2002.

The local newspaper did extensive coverage, which you can find here:
http://www.swtimes.com/Includes/Insight/Archives/BridgeTragedy.html

A quick read of the victim list provides two couples that might fit the "best man/maid of honor" description. If the victims had some family connection, it would be a prominent part of the coverage.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •