The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Dancing with the Stars Forum (Protected)
Original message

Mike_v 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-01-06, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mike_v Click to send private message to Mike_v Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
When Len used the word 'funky' to describe Emmitt's style, he should have said 'clunky' or 'monkey' instead. There's more to dancing than swiveling your hips. He still moves like a football player. 100% popularity and ZERO talent. Who did he pay off to get this far?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... mistyrose52 11-01-06 1
   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Hooters 11-01-06 2
       RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Mike_v 11-02-06 13
   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... catsnotkids 11-02-06 9
       RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... mistyrose52 11-02-06 17
           RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... catsnotkids 11-06-06 18
 RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Sagebrush Dan 11-02-06 3
   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... finallytyping 11-02-06 4
       RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Savahnna 11-02-06 5
       RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... frodis 11-02-06 6
           RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Sagebrush Dan 11-02-06 16
 RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... jaytae2 11-02-06 7
 RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... leesa 11-02-06 8
   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... JessicaRN 11-02-06 10
   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Mike_v 11-02-06 11
       RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Magnolia_Rocker 11-02-06 12
           RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Mike_v 11-02-06 14
               RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... iltarion 11-02-06 15
       No, it's Dancing with the STARS kiki_k 11-08-06 20
 RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Lasann 11-08-06 19
   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... nogwart 11-08-06 21
       RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Fishercat 11-09-06 25
       RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... joeyminchia 11-16-06 51
   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... jenniferlyn 11-15-06 45
 RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... seahorse 11-08-06 22
 RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... raiderx 11-08-06 23
   WARNING - raiderx Bebo 11-09-06 24
       RE: WARNING - raiderx raiderx 11-09-06 30
 RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... ballerina2265 11-09-06 26
   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... maryellennaco 11-09-06 27
   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Lasann 11-09-06 28
       RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... LisaPles 11-09-06 29
           RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... raiderx 11-09-06 31
           RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... volsfan 11-09-06 33
               RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Fishercat 11-10-06 36
       RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... jenniferlyn 11-15-06 46
   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Mike_v 11-09-06 32
 RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... miaj21 11-09-06 34
   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... iltarion 11-10-06 35
       RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Round Robin 11-10-06 37
 RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... AshLanie 11-10-06 38
   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Fishercat 11-10-06 39
       RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... prosecutor 11-10-06 40
       RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... leesa 11-10-06 41
           RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... sharnina 11-10-06 42
               RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... leesa 11-10-06 43
                   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... jenniferlyn 11-15-06 44
   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... mirmaria 11-15-06 47
 Emmit won! so you eat crow! Bravehart 11-16-06 48
 RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... Angie0901 11-16-06 49
   RE: If Emmitt wins, something is se... leesa 11-16-06 50

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-01-06, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
I agree, to a point. I think he's actually better than Jerry Rice was, and he came in second last year!!

He does have a certain charm, and I know that it is getting him further than he should have gotten by now. He also has a HUGE following from sports lovers.

If Mario doesn't win, something is seriously wrong. With Joey coming in second. But things have been off since the first season when John O'Hearly was allowed to take Kelly Monaco's trophy. So, I guess, on this show, anything goes.......

Hooters 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-01-06, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hooters Click to send private message to Hooters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
Please...Emmitt is awesome...his charm & personality, plus his dancing are awesome!

11-02-06, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mike_v Click to send private message to Mike_v Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
In his second dance this past Wednesday, he basically stood in one place and let his partner do everything. Tucker Carlson did more in his first dance and got kicked off the next day. It's not Emmitt's charm and personality that stand out, it's his ego. He is so in love with himself.

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-02-06, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
Jerry Rice came in THIRD last year. Stacey Keebler was second.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-06, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
>Jerry Rice came in THIRD last
>year. Stacey Keebler was second.
>

Nope-you are SO wrong!! Look it up-Dancing with the Stars, Season 2. Jerry Rice came in SECOND!!!

Sorry........

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
Thanks for the correction - my bad. I think that in my mind Jerry was so much worse than Stacey that I rewrote the ending in my mind! It just seemed so impossible.

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-02-06, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
He has loads of charisma, and that's what has kept him on. I agree. Should have been sent home a long time ago.
He definitely did not deserve a 10. He is blessed with an oustanding partner who is doing all of the work.
Sorry to see Monique go.

Tribe

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

finallytyping 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-02-06, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
So, are the celebrity male dancers better dancers than
the celebrity female dancers or are the professional
female dancers better than the professional male dancers?

I think being able to teach is a huge factor in this, and
being able to read their partner's ability. Monique's partner
tried to get her to dance beyond her ability and maybe that is why
the final female celebrity is gone. Her partner must have had the
"My Fair Lady" ego (sorry to be vague- I saw the musical but
am too tired right now to remember the name of the leading
male character.) I think Cheryl must be a fantastic teacher.
Not everyone who can dance, can teach, and not everybody who can teach,
can dance (within reason.)

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-06, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
>So, are the celebrity male dancers
>better dancers than
>the celebrity female dancers or are
>the professional
>female dancers better than the professional
>male dancers?
>
>I think being able to teach
>is a huge factor in
>this, and
>being able to read their partner's
>ability. Monique's partner
>tried to get her to dance
>beyond her ability and maybe
>that is why
>the final female celebrity is gone.
>Her partner must have had
>the
>"My Fair Lady" ego (sorry to
>be vague- I saw the
>musical but
>am too tired right now to
>remember the name of the
>leading
>male character.) I think Cheryl
>must be a fantastic teacher.
>
>Not everyone who can dance, can
>teach, and not everybody who
>can teach,
>can dance (within reason.)

WOW This is pretty profound. I never put any depth in the dynamics of who stays and who goes and why......but I think there is merit to the suggestion that the female pros can teach better. But....I also believe that there is a HUGE popularity component as well. I mean....I even wanted Jerry Rice over Stacy Keebler knowing full well that Stacey far exceeded Jerry in dancing ability. Mind you.....I wasn't interested enough to vote...but I felt that Stacey just wasn't warm. Jerry was.

Enjoyed your post and incite!

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-02-06, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
The leading man character in My Fair Lady is Professor Henry Higgins.

I agree that being able to teach is a big factor in this. I actually think Monique's partner Louis is a very good teacher, as shown by her vast improvement in the competition. Part of being a good teacher is knowing when to push your student beyond what they *think* they can do, and I really think Monique did a lot more than she might have imagined when she signed up for this gig.

Part of it, too, in this competition, is being a good choreographer and knowing how to choreograph the dance so that it shows off your partner's abilities and hides his or her weaknesses. I think Cheryl is quite good at this aspect of it. I think Emmitt is probably the weakest dancer right now, but he manages to look so good doing it.

As for who is better, the celebrity males or the celebrity females, I think if you look at the roster from the begining of the season you can see that the males started with a bit of an advantage in pre-existing talent, as well as name recognition (to me, anyway.)

Also, if the primary audience for this show appreciates hot, muscley men, that's who's going to get the votes, too.

Like a bird on a stick, like a burning midnight fire, I have tried, in my life to be free.
Sigs by Bob-Poor drawing combined with obscure misquoted lyrics.

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
I think Emmitt is probably the weakest dancer right now, but he manages to look so good doing it.

Agreed. Unlike Monique, he dances within his limits, so he looks effortless and calm doing it. And that's his secret. Bless Monique for stretching beyond her comfort zone, but it backfired on her.

The hills are alive with the sigs of Tribe.
You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

jaytae2 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-06, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jaytae2 Click to send private message to jaytae2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
I feel that way about all the guys. The women were far better, but it was biased from the beginning. They should have given the trophy to Mario in the first week, we all know that he's the judges favorite to win. It's unfortunate that the judges were so unfair, Mario probably would have won on his own merits, but the way the judges set him and the others up, it really takes the joy out of it for me. I won't watch next season.

leesa 30 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leesa Click to send private message to leesa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
I think Emmitt is the most genuine. He DOES have talent, he's a superbowl champ and the NFL's All Time Leading Rusher. He may not be the best dancer in the competition but he exudes class. I think that's all that matters. So don't hate the player, hate the game.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-02-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
Also, the male celebrities have to learn how to lead. I realize that their partners know where to go without needing to be led, but they have to make it at least look as if the men are leading and not the other way around, which is not so easy. I actually think the final 3 should all be here and I think the quality of dancing this season has been really high and enjoyable. (Can't stand to watch the shows without a fast forward button thought!)

11-02-06, 04:15 PM (EST)
11. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
I think you're missing the point... the show is not called "Exuding Class With The Stars", it's "DANCING With The Stars". His being a Superbowl champ has nothing to do with this competition.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-02-06, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
LOL! Him being a Superbowl champ has everything to do with this competition. Hello?? Huge fanbase?? This show is all about the fanbase.

A Tribe Original!

11-02-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
14. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
They should just have a one-show season then. No dancing. Just vote for your favorite celebrity.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-02-06, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-06 AT 05:01 PM (EST)

Exactly right. Emmitt being a class act and a champ, which he is both, should not be why someone votes for him to win this. If so, then they can do away with all this dancing.
I don't agree AT ALL that the women this season were better than the men and at a disadvantage. Actually, my biggest problem with this season would be the women and how disappointing they were. Stacy and Lisa were both better dancers than any woman in this season. Monique was clearly the only woman who belonged in the final 4. I actually think the women have an advantage in that most the dances showcase THEM and not the men. The man may have to lead but the woman does the majority of the dancing. I thought Stacy took full advantage of that last season. Of course, she didn't win; two men made the final 2 instead. So maybe the men either have an advantage with a majority of women voting, or maybe these particular men were just more popular to begin with. Either way, it has nothing to do with the judges. The judges all but declared Stacy as good as the pros, and yet she didn't win. They only have so much control. Two 30s on Tuesday from the judges wouldn't have stopped Monique from going home. It all comes down to the vote.

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-08-06, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "No, it's Dancing with the STARS"
>I think you're missing the point...
>the show is not called
>"Exuding Class With The Stars",
>it's "DANCING With The Stars".
> His being a Superbowl
>champ has nothing to do
>with this competition.

WIth all due respect, you are missing the point -- Emmitt Smith is the ONLY one who qualifies as a "STAR" (albeit a football star) -- Mario Lopez and Joey Lawrence are more like "people you kind of recognize" then "stars." Lets be real here, if Emmit wins (and I actually don't care who does -- I watch because I enjoy the dancing but don't vote) then he will be the ONLY real "star" to ever win this thing in three seasons.

I do agree with whoever said Cheryl is a good teacher and choregrapher -- she really knows how to design the routines to show off her partner's abilities. IMO, though, Louis (Monique's partner) was the best DANCER of all the professionals.

I also agree that the judges obviously have wanted Mario Lopez to win since day one -- kind of not fair, but, really, does it make that big a difference? Mario has received the benefit he hoped this show would give him (ie, revive his tepid tv career); Emitt had a career without this show, and he'll have one after. He seems to be the only one left who came on the show to "learn" to dance and not "revive" his career -- I think a lot of the viewing public have responded favorably to that, and if they want to vote for him to win, so be it. This isn't exactly the Nobel prize here.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-08-06, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
Well, for me Mario and Emmitt are the hottest two.

Joey, at times, looks more forced.

To say Emmitt isn't a good dancer and to compare him to a monkey, is to me, a bit racist.

It a Tribe original!!!

nogwart 30 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-06, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nogwart Click to send private message to nogwart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-06 AT 11:29 AM (EST)

Quote: "To say Emmitt isn't a good dancer and to compare him to a monkey, is to me, a bit racist."

Of course! It certainly couldn't be because monkey rhymes with funky, now could it?

(sigh)... card played.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-06, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
I would have played the same "card". Since when was calling someone black a "monkey" acceptable on these boards? I am not sure how he meant it (with the anger toward Emmitt in the original post), but to use that in an attempt to rhyme is poor taste at best.

joeyminchia 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-06, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail joeyminchia Click to send private message to joeyminchia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
I AGREE. WHY IS THEIR ALWAYS RACISM INVOLVED? HE LOOKED LIKE A FREAKIN MONKEY WHEN HE WAS DANCING FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD! MARIO WAS SUPER SONIC, SUPER GREAT, SUPER MARIO!!!!!!!! GET OVER THE RACISM, WHITE PEOPLE LOVE BLACK PEOPLE NOW. ANYWAY HOPE SEASON 4 DOESNT UPSET ME THE WAY THIS ONE DID.

REGARDS,
JOE

jenniferlyn 147 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-06, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-06 AT 00:51 AM (EST)

Like Nogwart, I have to gag at the immediate assumption that the use of the word "monkey" as an analogy for the way Emmitt has a tendency to dance just HAS to have a racial connotation to it!! I'll probably get my butt chewed by others on this board for my opinion, *sigh* but opinions are what this board is for, and IMHO, people need to stop looking for a reason to get p*ssy!! Who are we to know what was in the person's mind when they posted their opinion here? ESPECIALLY since there was even an explaination for why that word was used, because it rhymed with "clunky" or "funky"...whatever the word, it drives me BANANAS (*snicker* bananas....monkey....c'mon, take a joke!!) that people jump to the conclusion that it was meant to have racist undertones. If Joey Lawrence had gotten to the finals and done a country line dance type routine to what is commonly referred to as "Honkey Tonk" music, would people be on here screaming about the use of the word "Honkey" in reference to a white guy? I think not.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-06, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
If Emmitt wins, it proves he is the most popular with the viewers. He is a decent dancer although not as good as Mario or Joey.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

raiderx 3 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-06, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raiderx Click to send private message to raiderx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
>When Len used the word 'funky'
>to describe Emmitt's style, he
>should have said 'clunky' or
>'monkey' instead. There's more
>to dancing than swiveling your
>hips. He still moves
>like a football player.
>100% popularity and ZERO talent.
> Who did he pay
>off to get this far?
>
Why on earth would you say monkey.Your bigotry is showing through, when you make an ignorant statment like that.This is television stupid !!Why would'nt it be anything else other than a popularity contest!! You on the other hand cant keep your true feelings about Emmitt because of who he is and its not because he is a football player. Take your head out of your ##### moron!!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-06, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "WARNING - raiderx"
Please take a moment to read our community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page.

Our guidelines clearly prohibit bashing other posters. The guidelines also give posters instructions on the proper way to address issues within another poster's message.

11-09-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail raiderx Click to send private message to raiderx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: WARNING - raiderx"
thx will do

ballerina2265 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ballerina2265 Click to send private message to ballerina2265 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
I totally agree with you!! Mario has what it takes to win and I hope he blows Emmitt away next week. Seriously what are people thinking. There is absolutely no comparison between the two. I think next week should be based on the judges decision only, considering their votes matter.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-09-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
I absolutely ADORE Emmitt Smith!!! But Mario is by far a better dancer. I also think that Cheryl is a complete and total WINNER in the teaching department, look what she did with Drew last year! Man, that girl can dance AND teach. Kudos go to Cheryl !!!!!

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-09-06, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
Well I don't think we'll know if he "blows him away" will we.

I totally agree that Mario is far the superior dancer. But Emmitt, being a large man, is also quite good. There are no dancers I'm aware of that come the size of a running back. With that said, I think he's deserving of the finals.

Joey was good, but I preferred watching Mario and Emmitt.

I hope Mario wins, with Emmitt second!

It a Tribe original!!!

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-09-06, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
I will be voting for Emmitt. Anybody but that cheezball Mario! I've never seen anybody so "cute" but so unlikable. He has been there the whole season and in my opinion has showed not one ounce of personality. He is so forgettable.

11-09-06, 05:29 PM (EST)
31. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
Most responses have been with a little class void of the racist remarks. I dislike Mario but he does have more experience than Emmitt;However, I believe this is a popularity contest and although Mario may be a better dancer I woudn't be surprised if Emmitt wins due to his effort through out this and of course his personality!!!

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-06, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
He has been there the whole season and in my opinion has showed not one ounce of personality

Um...this is DANCING with the stars, not PERSONALITY with the stars! Who is the best dancer?

11-10-06, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
And I think they tell us to vote for our favorite, not vote for the best. So if s/he wants to vote on personality, that's legit.

11-15-06, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
I totally agree that although both final teams were enjoyable to watch (minus the "Can't Touch This" routine with the horrid outfit on poor Cheryl) Mario is by far the superior dancer, and can rival Emmitt any day in the smile dept!! That being said, I hope Mario and Karina win, although I wouldn't be crushed to see Emmitt and Cheryl win, because Cheryl certainly deserves it for her pure talent, and the ability to translate that talent into teaching..... since it's obvious that Mario had way more natural talent for dance to start with than Emmitt did.

11-09-06, 10:30 PM (EST)
32. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-06 AT 10:32 PM (EST)

Las Vegas oddsmakers are giving Mario a 5 out of 6 chance and Emmitt a 5 out of 8 chance. Joey was only 1 out of 3. Lets hope they're right!

miaj21 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-06, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miaj21 Click to send private message to miaj21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
yea Mke clunky is fine but monkey is unecessary... watch your mouth.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-10-06, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
That clearly shows the problem with this format when people say they are voting for Emmitt because of his personality. Again, why bother dancing at all?? The same thing occurs with American Idol as well. People just vote for their favorites, and that is sad. Emmitt is very good for a guy of his body type. He would make a decent winner even if he isn't quite as dance-skilled as Mario is. I would vote for Mario because he is the best dancer, but Emmitt wins this off his popularity unless most the Joey voters go over to Mario.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-10-06, 03:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
Next week's dances matter a lot, because this deal is so close that if either guy messes up a dance, the other guy could peel off some of his less committed votes. Not that I expect either of them to really butcher anything, but if one gets much more criticism from the judges than the other, I think he's gonna lose.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-06, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
>hips. He still moves
>like a football player.
> Who did he pay
>off to get this far?
>

Dancing with the Stars has always and always will be a popularity contest as long as the viewers are allowed to vote the contestants off (Off for lack of votes).

They need to revamp the voting process. Have the judges doing the voting off til the last three ot two contestants then bring in the public voting.

Look what happened the very first season and the voting process, because of that they did a revamp. It needs to be done one more time.

This last week I was suprised that Emmit got decent reviews from the judges because for the most part all he did was stand there and shake his bootie which imho is not dancing.

And once again no female contestants in the finals....

Why?.....

Because unlike the males who for the most part just stand there a female is the focal point who must learn a heck of a lot more moves than the male counterpart.

Look at the last couple of weeks, if it the professional females that have done all the dancing and that is expected of the female contestants from day one, to be able to do the same.

Seems a bit unfair and maybe that portion also needs to be revamped.

Longs they keep the same format a male contestant will always win.

11-10-06, 08:12 AM (EST)
39. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
Or it could just be because the demos watching the show want to see males more than females...and letting judges have the say will likely lower ratings.

prosecutor 449 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-10-06, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail prosecutor Click to send private message to prosecutor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-06 AT 10:11 AM (EST)

I agree Ashlane about the females having more to do
Monique mentioned this in one of her confessionals
how all the men do is dance around their partners and
she has so much more to learn and do and was not recognized for
it. also, this season the 2 finalists will dance to the same song and required to do the same dance. So the winner should be obvious based on that alone if only to the judges. It's still the popular vote that will win.
Most people adore Cheryl and some like Karina however some think Karina is full of it but we'll see next week.

11-10-06, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail leesa Click to send private message to leesa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
OR it could be that people are voting for their favorite. Favorite star. Better dancer or not. I'm voting for Emmitt all the way and I think he will win this. I HOPE he will win because while Mario is absolutely cute he also can be absolutely annoying. Like I can't stand his accent, as if he's from the barrio, I bet he can't even speak spanish. blah! it makes me sick and I'm Hispanic. =(

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-10-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
You must mean the accent that shows up every now and then, the one we've never heard from him until now? That accent?

Yeah, it really annoys me, too.

11-10-06, 01:26 PM (EST)
43. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
Yep, that's exactly the one!

11-15-06, 00:24 AM (EST)
44. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
Just like the people complaining about how some of the votes are getting cast based on whether or not viewers like the competitor's looks, don't like the costumes, dislike the professional partners,....complaining about someone's accent (although I have to agree that it's reminicent of Madonna's "British" accent when she's from DETROIT) it should be about the DANCING!!! Regardless of how annoying someone is off camera, if people are going to vote based on those kind of qualities, it should be called "Voting on Which Star You Like Best"

mirmaria 2 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-06, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mirmaria Click to send private message to mirmaria Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."

Look at the last couple of weeks, if it the professional females that have done all the dancing and that is expected of the female contestants from day one, to be able to do the same.

Seems a bit unfair and maybe that portion also needs to be revamped.

Longs they keep the same format a male contestant will always win.

May be it is unfair,that female have to show more,and have be brighter, howewer I think women were a little bit weaker any way, they moved slower, and didn't seem efordless.

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-16-06, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "Emmit won! so you eat crow!"
If you really looked at the last ep. and judged based on ability and flexibility then it was clear that Emmitt had the looseness of the hips and won!

Angie0901 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-06, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angie0901 Click to send private message to Angie0901 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
>hips. He still moves
>like a football player.
> Who did he pay
>off to get this far?
>
I am so sick of YOU SORE LOSERS!!! Emit won because he came in with no prior dance training and succeeded better than anyone without prior training. Mario shouldn't have been on the show. Every clip I've seen of him, from previous shows, show him dancing. He was trying to play it down, saying he had no prior experience. The news in Houston interviewed his sister the first night he danced, and she was braging about how he had prior training in all sorts of dancing and was favored by the critics to win!! If you want to blame anyone, blame the producers for bringing someone on the show with that much prior training. EMMIT WAS THE TRUE WINNER BECAUSE HE DID THE BEST WITH RAW TALENT in a short period of time. I also highly recent you referring to him as a monkey!! You must be a no rymthm white boy! Don't hate, appreciate!

11-16-06, 03:20 PM (EST)
50. "RE: If Emmitt wins, something is seriously wrong."
Well said Angie. Emmitt was the true winner because he did the best with raw talent.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •