The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-02-02, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
And Here is how it is done...

We all Know that there will be a challange that is a combination of the previous challanges (1 epp too early but hey we have to stay on our toes). And we all know the endurance that T-bird carries with her. And this year has YET been predictable so thats why my theory is here, this is why T stays and Lex gets the boot.

With the combo challange being the IC I think T has got this one, she seems to have one the RC and with the extra boost of energy she wins the IC.

This leaving Mama Kim on the chopping block..

Ah but T-bird does not want to see the men win this thing so she makes a deal with Mama kim. That if she finds a way to get Tom and Ethan to vote for Lex this round that they get their "woman aliance".

Kim thinks of her options and gives it a try, and T-bird lets it loose and tells OB that it was her back there that voted for Lex and that he incorrectly guess and got rid of Kelly because of it.

Everyone shocked and is mad at Lex. Tom and Ethan loose trust with him and figures that they can trust Mama Kim more then him and Lex is chopped off and everyone cheers.

Mama Kim and T then vote off Tom (because of prior votes) then Ethan, leaving Mama Kim and T-bird in the Final 2.

Like I said, this is kinda far-fetched, but in my eyes, this whole season is far-fetched.. Anyone else wanna see Lex gone??

And then there were none....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot... gemstone 01-02-02 1
   RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot... PhillyBrat 01-02-02 2
       RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot... gemstone 01-02-02 3
           RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot... PhillyBrat 01-02-02 4
               RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot... gemstone 01-02-02 5
                   RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot... dabo 01-02-02 6
                       RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot... WillyWonka 01-02-02 7
                           RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot... MurphtheSmurph 01-02-02 8
                           RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot... Serendipity 01-02-02 9
                               If Lex can't win, what does that me... dangerkitty 01-02-02 11
 RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot... sonrod 01-02-02 10
   RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot... PhillyBrat 01-03-02 12
       RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot... MDSkinner 01-03-02 13
           RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot... TheWanderer 01-03-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-02-02, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
"Everyone shocked and is mad at Lex.'

Why? They are just as much to blame, if not more, for Kelly's boot. They must have believed it too and if they had any doubts then they should have refused to allow Lex to decide that Kelly goes. Kim J especially had a F2 pact with Kelly so she should have made sure she was 100% convinced before she agreed.They should be mad at themselves, not Lex.

01-02-02, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
Ah good point. But we have sceen when Lex was through with having the power and using it. (When we saw Brandon get the boot, EVERYONE wanted him gone except Lex.) Lex is the one that had that gut feeling and persuaided everyone else to vote with him against kelly. We are shown that Lex led the march to boot kelly.

01-02-02, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
Doesn't matter, they still followed. They had 3 sane voices and against Lex's gut. All they had to say was, Lex you are the one that is gone if you don't vote with us because it could be a tie.

E\To\Kj vote Brandon or Frank and F\Te\Kp vote Lex. Brandon and Lex vote Kelly. Kelly is the tiebreaker. This is less dangerous than all of them trusting Brandon since it would not be in Kelly's best interests to jump yet especially since she had a F2 pact with Kim J. Think about it, if Kelly had a F2 pact with Kim J and she was going to jump that TC or next, wouldn't she have talked it over with Kim J since she was planning on bringing her with her.

01-02-02, 02:39 PM (EST)
4. "RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
I think Lex voted for kelly was 2 reasons. 1 he didn't like the girl, 2, she was "the snake" (or so he thought). Lex wanted revenge for that vote and would have done everything to "cut that persons throat" (Like what he is saying once again in the previews.) Lex got a vote and freaked, the cost was one of them, Kelly. Now what Kelly was planning? I dono but I do know that she tried to save her own ass by going with OS. Everyone (OS or OB minus Lex) did not want to get rid of kelly that day, but it was a personal battle with Lex. Which might cause up-set feelings once "the truth be told".... (cheesey I know..)

01-02-02, 02:45 PM (EST)
5. "RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
That still doesn't explain why they should be mad at Lex when they all went along when they didn't need to, especially since it was not safer to trust Brandon over Kelly. Kelly only jumped to try to save herself. What was she supposed to do? They should be more upset with Kim j for not figuring out Kelly was telling the truth, if anything.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-02-02, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
The Kelly vote-off was dumb, it set up OB to take the fall because it left them with numerical parity with OS while two of the remaining OB (Lex and Tom) could easily have been axed on the deadlock rule. Lex convincing Brandon to vote with OB to oust Kelly, and the subsequent anti-Brandon rally the following episode, were the things that saved their butts; and it was all an absolutely unnecessary risk to take. Should Teresa bring these facts to light, together with the explanation that she was only following through on her promise to Clarence by voting with him, the backlash against Lex could well see him ousted from the game, particularly since Teresa and Kim J. aren't much threat in the challenges against Ethan or Tom. This would be the final irony wherein L/E/T indeed this time succeeds in shooting itself in the foot by getting rid of Lex when then only two votes would be needed to oust Tom on the deadlock rule in tc13 (unless he were to win immunity).

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

WillyWonka 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-02-02, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WillyWonka Click to send private message to WillyWonka Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
I am skeptical there will be surprises but my rationale for voting Lex off is he's a threat; he's not trusted. Tom has said he thinks Lex did him wrong bringing Brandon over and Theresa does not like his "leadership". Ethan and MK are together and, with Lex winning as many challenges as he has he's more of a threat the Ethan.
He may be good to bring to the Final 2 if anybody else gets there but the goal is to position yourself to get there. I think everybody realizes this and unless he wins IC it is Lex's time to go. Tom, Ethan and Kim will take their chances in a Final Four with T-Bird before they do with a strong Lex.

MurphtheSmurph 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-02-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MurphtheSmurph Click to send private message to MurphtheSmurph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
I totally agree with you. It is time for Lex togo. T-bird still has that little secret about the vote she casted upon Lex. If he does not win The IC I think he will be outta here. If T-bird wins IC, good for her. Then they will have to vote one of there own off. If anyone but Lex win IC, T-Bird still has a change to make it to the final 4. I would rather take her along that Lex, has proven to be very strong in the challeges. I would love to see Ethan/Tom/T-Bird as the final 3.

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-02-02, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
I don't think it's that Teresa doesn't "like" Lex's leadership; I think she feels he is too strong and unbeatable.

The thing that worries me about taking Lex into the Final 2 is that the viewers seem to be alone in their dislike of Lex. Without exception the Survivors seem to like him. Even Kelly was concerned enough about his feelings to call him after the episode in which she was booted to reassure him that he didn't come off "too bad". On the other hand, with the exception of Brandon none of them are saying anything really bad about those still in the game so maybe I'm wrong about their feelings for Lex (I hope).

And Lex seems to be working hard to get people to his side. In the food auction episode he mentions that Ethan and Tom are close, and he and MamaKim are close. Now I've never seen the closeness between MK and Lex and believe that he overvalues it. She has both proclaimed her love for Ethan and it is Ethan to whom she takes her problems. But taking Tom on the overnighter was a stroke of genius. Now Tom can only be grateful to Lex, and possibly even damage his previous "closeness" to Ethan.

Lex is a scary man and I would love to see him gone. I certainly know he is not a murderer but I find his kind of talk a little wierd. "I'm going to cut the head right off the snake", "I'll cut his throat" and even "I would kill somebody for a cold beer". Most people would love to have a cold beer or even would kill for a cold beer, but Lex would kill "somebody" for a cold beer.

We know what he says in his confessionals and I think he very likely talks to others in the same way, but we are never shown that he does. It may be that Lex is as polite as Ethan says in front of everyone else, and only ballistic in his solo shots, thus they would all still like him and not realize that he is quite so paranoid.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-02-02, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "If Lex can't win, what does that mean?"
Well put, Serendipity. You expressed a lot of the reasons I dislike Lex. Way too violent imagery towards others, I totally agree. And I really don't think MB would have shown us all that if Lex wins - is that who he wants representing his show? I'm not talking about the tatoos, I personally don't care for them but a lot of people like them. I mean his language. And that's an editing choice, to show that.

Now to me, and I know to many posters here (not all, but I believe a great many), it is obvious that Lex cannot win any Final 2 match up. (Well, maybe vs. MK, but IMO that is a HORRIBLE Final 2 and I can't imagine we would be seeing the show that we are if that were the Final 2. Again IMO.

So, IF we make the assumption that a majority of viewers don't think Lex can win (not to mention that they don't *want* him to win) - then Lex can't be in the Final 2. There would be no suspense. Doesn't MB have to have us in suspense for the Final 2?

Suspenseful Final 2s = Ethan vs. Tom, Ethan vs. Teresa, Tom vs. Teresa, Lex vs. MK (gag). I don't think Lex or MK have a chance against any of the other three.

If Teresa gets the boot Ep 12 (which is completely logical and therefore not guaranteed ), I believe that the Final 2 must be Ethan vs. Tom. And the only reason I say this is that, although MB is the Devil, he is still not so cruel as to inflict upon us a F2 of Lex vs. MK. Is he?

dangerkitty

sonrod 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-02-02, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sonrod Click to send private message to sonrod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
I would like to see Lex gone too. If Therese announces to the rest of the tribe that she was the one that cast the vote for Lex, Tom, Ethan, and Kim will be annoyed at Lex, and not trust him, but since everything worked out and Kelly was not in their alliance, it could be "No harm, No Foul" and then vote off either of the women.

Lex will be eliminated this episode or next week when Ethan starts his immunity challenge win streak and keeps Tom to challenge him for the million dollars.

01-03-02, 09:29 AM (EST)
12. "RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
I think T-bird could plant seeds of mis-trust. Saying things that are true and will sway their vote to Lex. Stuff like "If you get rid of Lex you will still have the power" And that is what I think is the diffrence, who in Boran is Alied with the other? We think we know all of them, what would happen to the Boran's if Lex goes? I think that is what "no regrets" is all about, forgiving of Kelly and Lex's Boot. Lex will be Jerrified this time.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-03-02, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
I believe your hatred for Lex is blinding your judgement. I understand you would like to see him go this week, but does it seem reasonable? Maybe, if Teresa wins immunity, but I am not so sure that is going to happen. Especially if it is the super challenge for immunity. If that is the challenge, I don't care if T did win the reward, she will still not be physically strong enough to beat out Lex or Ethan in this challenge. So with that being said, I think that if Teresa does not win immunity that there is no way that the remaining Boran are going to turn on one another this week. They have made it this far, there is no reason to turn on each other at the end where it counts the most.

All of this talk of Lex getting the boot again this week, still sounds like wishful thinking to me. If it happens you and the few others that agree with you will look like geniouses though, I will give you that.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-03-02, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: EP 12 I think Lex gets the boot.."
Very well said MDSkinner....
The only way Teresa stays this week is if she wins immunity. It may be the tribe finds out she's the one who cast her vote against Lex before she gets "pagonged" and the OB aer asked if they have any regrets for booting Kelly. Tom stated in the last TC that he had no regrets
What may be very interesting is if he polls each tribe member for their answer. I look for Ethan to be apologetic... like... I'm sorry it happended that way, still I have no regrets.
Based on his previous answers to polling questions, I believe that Lex would be a bit more caustic in his answer.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •