The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-05, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
Other than the Ikea Detour it seems like all the tasks this year have been more physical than mental. I'm getting a little tired of seeing the teams in a safety harness and helmet week after week. I want to see some tasks like the "masks" roadblock in AR4 where a team member had to take a picture and find the person wearing that exact mask or the task in AR3 where the combination to the safe had to be found by counting a sum of money or going around the town counting trees and such.

It would be great to see a detour or roadblock that involves patience and thought instead of just physical ability.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... bed332004 01-13-05 1
   RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... kidflash212 01-14-05 6
 RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... NoParole 01-13-05 2
   RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... kidflash212 01-14-05 5
       RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... bed332004 01-14-05 7
 RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... ARnutz 01-13-05 3
 RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... bed332004 01-13-05 4
   RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... Urban_Kitten 01-14-05 8
 RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... bed332004 01-26-05 9
   RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... okaychatt 01-26-05 10
       RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... bed332004 01-27-05 13
 RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... TAR Junkie 01-26-05 11
   RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... Spider 01-26-05 12
 RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... tac 02-09-05 14
 RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... daddy brian 02-09-05 15
   RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenge... bed332004 02-10-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bed332004 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-13-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bed332004 Click to send private message to bed332004 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-05 AT 12:07 PM (EST)

I was thinking the very same thing.
Ever see the road rules show that pits one team, maybe all male , against another all female?
They have had some great puzzle challenges involving giant
pieces, that they have had to put togehter.
Another great challenge I saw, was where the teams could pick
5 letters and then had to see how many words they could make from them. I think it would bring out more personality than just the physical stuff.

01-14-05, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
" I think it would bring out
more personality than just the
physical stuff. "

Very true - seeing how they work through a problem would reveal more about them than just climbing another wall.

NoParole 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-13-05, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NoParole Click to send private message to NoParole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
So, what you're sayin is, you wanna see Adam and Rebecca, and Lori and Bolo Philiminated... Awww, that's not nice, but after all "it's a race! There's no compasion in a race!"

01-14-05, 01:00 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
Not necessarily - I think Adam & Rebecca (well - Rebecca anyway) would do well with a mental challenge. Lori & Bolo (who irritate me like fingernails on a chalkboard) would be at a disadvantage but it would only be fair since they have the advantage on physical tasks.

Now, a task that required patience would be the end of Pigslop and his mate (J & V). It would be the funniest breakdown we have seen all season.

01-14-05, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bed332004 Click to send private message to bed332004 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
That's what I'm thinking.
Whatever the task, it must involve duct tape over johnathan's mouth.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
So... what you're really saying is that you want to see if Jonathan really can use that Jedi mind trick he claims to have?

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate.

01-13-05, 09:09 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-05 AT 09:16 PM (EST)

What's left of his mind would just disintergrate as team after team passed him by. It would be very entertaining!

Urban_Kitten 170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-14-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Urban_Kitten Click to send private message to Urban_Kitten Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
How disappointing that we haven't seen Jonathan engage in Jedi mind tricks. One might have thought that he would have used it to get plane tickets for Hungary (remember his rants at Gus?). But I agree - the fast forwards and a lot of the tasks generally have become too physically oriented. I'd love to see them have to use their brains for a change.

Feles mala! Cur cista non uteris? Stramentum novum in ea posui.
(Bad kitty! Why don't you use the cat box? I put new litter in it.)

01-26-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
seems like the producers feel just reading the clue correctly is a mental enough challenge for these guys.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-26-05, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
Hi bed332004.

How did you get Gus to model for your signature icon?

I assume that's who the little guy represents.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

01-27-05, 05:38 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
Hi Ok, I actually did like Gus as a racer but no, the drinking guy is what I had on my fantasy football website. I noticed everyone personalized thier posts with an interesting image and this was the best I could with my limited computer skills.

GO Patriots!

TAR Junkie 38 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-05, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TAR%20Junkie Click to send private message to TAR%20Junkie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
I don't know why the producers even pick older couples or pairs that can't measure up to young, physically fit teams. There are too many legs that are too physical for some teams.

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-26-05, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
Unfortunately mental challenges = ratings killer.

Its TV and people want action. Watching Bolo and Adam square off in chess game would hardly be riveting, viewing, funny yes.

I agree a bit butthis is not 'who wants to be a millionaire'.

I really think being able to race and think straight to get the next clue and pit stop is challenging enough.

tac 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-09-05, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tac Click to send private message to tac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
Here's my idea

On each leg of the race have one clue that is really a clue - one that gives them enough info to figure out where the next clue will be without stating it explicitly. For example the clue could say "Get your next clue from the club box which is next to this painting" with a photo of "Birth of Venus" by Botticelli. Then along with the clue is another sealed envelope with a more complete hint inside, such as "Go to the Uffizi Gallary in Florence Italy". Then when teams get to the pit stop, if they don't have an unoppened hint envelope, they get a 30 min penalty. Teams that knew enough would be able head out right away. If they don't know the first clue you would have to decide if you want to take the time to figure it out or just open the hint and take the penalty. Makes for more strategy and rewards brains.

daddy brian 39 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-05, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail daddy%20brian Click to send private message to daddy%20brian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
The challenges last night were especially lame.

02-10-05, 08:11 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Let's See Some Mental Challenges"
I would have liked to see a memory challenge such as answering 7 out of 10 questiosn correctly about the places they had been and things seen. It would have been great to see K/J, who you could tell really took the experinece to heart, catch up and
pass them.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •