The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is SeeBS steering the game?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-08-02, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is SeeBS steering the game?"
WARNING: There may be some spoiler info in here. Read at your own risk.
Read at your own risk. Read at your own risk.

Okay, we've already discussed in another thresd how the competitions are being steered by SeeBS. Recently, I've been reading feed material that suggests they try to steer the game in the DR, as well.

ChiWhora and Roddy were talking about Jason. ChiWhora (amazingly astutely) said that she thinks something is up with Jason because the DR keeps asking about him. Roddy says he doesn't think so, but that they've been asking him about Jason, also. Then in last night's (late Wed., early Thurs.) discussion, several people brought up how the DR keeps on asking about Jason.

For those of you who might not know, Jason and Danielle have a highly secret alliance that nobody really knows anything about. Furthermore, BB3 has really been keeping it off the feeds so they can show it on TV (i'd say this is tantamount to stealing peoples' money who pay for feeds, then not delivering promised goods). BB3 clearly wants to drive up issues in the house and expose the Jason/Danielle alliance.

What'd'y'all think?

"Pappy didn't get voted off, he got stoned!" -- dabo

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is SeeBS steering the game? weltek 08-08-02 1
 Furthermore to this subject SurvivinDawg 08-08-02 2
   RE: Furthermore to this subject Lolly 08-08-02 3
 RE: Is SeeBS steering the game? Red Lady 08-08-02 4
 RE: Is SeeBS steering the game? Bebo 08-08-02 5
   RE: Is SeeBS steering the game? SurvivinDawg 08-09-02 11
       RE: Is SeeBS steering the game? Swami 08-09-02 12
           RE: Is SeeBS steering the game? SurvivinDawg 08-09-02 13
               RE: Is SeeBS steering the game? Bebo 08-09-02 14
                   My true feelings Bebo 08-09-02 15
 RE: Is SeeBS steering the game? weltek 08-08-02 6
   My sentiments exactly AyaK 08-08-02 7
 RE: Is SeeBS steering the game? LadyT 08-08-02 8
   RE: Is SeeBS steering the game? jase 08-08-02 9
   RE: Is SeeBS steering the game? SurvivinDawg 08-08-02 10
       RE: Is SeeBS steering the game? LadyLuna 08-09-02 16
           RE: Is SeeBS steering the game? SurvivinDawg 08-09-02 17
 why should they stop now? survivorscott 08-10-02 18
 UPDATE (and spoiler stuff in here!) SurvivinDawg 08-13-02 19
   I've had it with this show weltek 08-14-02 20
       Welcome to the dark side! Bebo 08-15-02 21
 Yet MORE evidence (8/16) SurvivinDawg 08-16-02 22
   RE: Yet MORE evidence (8/16) nailbone 08-16-02 23
   RE: Yet MORE evidence (8/16) Red Lady 08-16-02 24
       RE: Yet MORE evidence (8/16) SurvivinDawg 08-16-02 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-02, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is SeeBS steering the game?"
I agree, Dawg. I was pissed when I saw that they keep bringing up "do you feel threatened by Jason". Danielle and Jason are being superb players by waiting until the exact best moment to reveal their alliance. Why can't the producers just let that be? Instead, by planting the seed, the guys will start to feel like maybe there is something up and want to boot their biggest competition, Jason. It sucks.

08-08-02, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Furthermore to this subject"
And let me add to this:

Earlier in the game, the players were accusing the BB3 personnel of "leaking" Diary Room (DR) confessions to other players. The players go into the DR, are asked many probing questions about the other players, alliances, feelings, etc., and (because of their contracts) the players must respond. Well, at one point in time, enough players thought info was being leaked that they made the accusation. BB3 found it necessary to make an announcement to the players that they don't share information.

But the BB3 people don't necessarily need to "leak" the information to reveal it. They can just ask probing, very pointed questions and keep harping on it. For example, Danielle got upset that BB3 just kept asking her to compare herself to Vecepia from Survivor IV and Monica from BB2. Danielle was upset that BB3 seemed to be trying hard to cast her (Danielle) as an "angry black woman", a label that Danielle has rightly resisted. Amy and Marcellas have ONE spat for five minutes, then make up... but you'd think they're sworn lifelong enemies the way that BB3 (and Julie Chen on TV) kept harping on that ONE incident. And the couples have constantly been bombarded with questions about their relationships and feelings towards one another... to ask is fair, but to keep on and on and on and on seems to be a bit much.

What am I saying here? Basically that BB3 has been overdoing it, the TV editing is very bad, and now we're finding that they're trying to steer the game. Hey BB3! GET OUT OF THE WAY AND JUST LET THE GAME HAPPEN!!!

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Lolly 721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-08-02, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lolly Click to send private message to Lolly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Furthermore to this subject"
LAST EDITED ON 08-08-02 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-08-02 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

Yup, you are so right on this issue. Roddy is one of the HG's who got upset about the DR leaking info to the other HG's and he confronted them (DR) about it. (The DR had asked pointed questions to Chiara and Lisa about the guy's plotting against them, so Chiara confronted Roddy, and Roddy, of course, schmoozed his way out of it, but he was very upset with the DR.)

So how did Big Brother handle this? They reprimanded the HG's for talking about their sessions in the DR! Of course, they assured the HG's that their DR sessions were confidential, that they never reveal to anyone in the house what the HG's say in the DR room.

Roddy then knew what was happening (that BB's actions in the DR on its face preserved confidentiality, but indirectly and in spirit they didn't), and he discussed it briefly with Eric that evening, warning him (and educating him, too, but I don't think Eric understood that Roddy was telling him that this could be useful in figuring out what's going on in the house that they don't know).

Ok, Roddy knows what's going on. And the DR knows that Roddy is particularly atuned to this nuance of the game. So it appears to me that the DR is giving Roddy an unfair advantage by asking the HG's pointed questions about Jason. And why is it unfair? -- because they dole out info selectively.

FWIW, my $02.

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-08-02, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is SeeBS steering the game?"
I am so totally disgusted w/ the whole Big Brother franchise at this point. Truly, the only reason I watch is because I am a reality tv freak and will watch any reality show (even LOVE CRUISE)! But, CBS is really messing w/ their BB fan base this year.

The live feeds are a complete waste of money IMHO because most of the time only 2 feeds are working, or you have audio w/ no visual or vice versa. Also, I am sick of watching the FOTH while BB's annoying theme music drones on and on and on.

I have caught enough of the live feeds to completely agree w/ Dawg that CBS is creating a fictional BB world for the TV viewers. You'd think they were directing a movie (a boring one at that!).

I will continue to watch out of habit, but I will not be sending a $26.00 live feed donation next year. (If there even is a next year!)

Regards,

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-02, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is SeeBS steering the game?"
Maybe someday these stupid reality show producers will realize that the viewing audience isn't interested in that sort of manipulation. Sigh. Silly me for thinking that the game are more interesting when the people who play best actually have a chance to win. If there's a purple rock, though, I am outta there!

all evil is seductive and Ms. Bebo is most certaintly the most evil of them all !!!!! -katem

08-09-02, 00:12 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Is SeeBS steering the game?"
If there's a purple rock, though, I am outta there!

ROFL! and I'm right behind you...

SurvivinDawg -- Charter Member of the Bebo Fan Club

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-02, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Is SeeBS steering the game?"
If there's a purple rock, though, I am outta there!

Oh, I don't think they would do a purple rock again. This time it may be red, or even green!

Seriously, how else are they going to pick one of the four evictees for a surprise return, except by some random choice thing like Survivor's rock bag? I don't see them asking the Houseguests to pick one-- a surprise return seems to be the plan. I don't think they would have the four evictees do a stupid contest to determine a winner. I am bracing myself for a rock/rock equivalent. Remember, this is CBass--if they can screw something up with pointless meddling, they will.

Swami

08-09-02, 12:45 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Is SeeBS steering the game?"
The spoiler thread is discussing the various ways that an evictee will be returning.

08-09-02, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Is SeeBS steering the game?"
Maybe we're making a big deal out of nothing here. Oh sure, they bring someone back into the game. Like that's going to stop the people who voted them out in the first place from nominating and voting them out again? Evicting them soon after their return wouldn't upset the game that much.

Nailbone...Bebo...who will be first?
all evil is seductive and Ms. Bebo is most certaintly the most evil of them all !!!!! -katem

08-09-02, 02:17 PM (EST)
15. "My true feelings"
Now that my identity has been unmasked, I'll tell you how I really feel...

STOP ADDING STUPID RANDOM FACTORS TO THE GAMES! When the producers of these games choose to give us random winners (or those that appear random thanks to editing), then it takes all of the fun out of watching for me. Give me a game where the person who strategizes best comes out on top.

On the plus side, looks like I'll have more time to get through that stack of books on my nightstand that I want to read...

08-08-02, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is SeeBS steering the game?"
Yeah, I would've expected far more from such a quality show...I've lost so much respect for Big Brother and all it encompases.

We all have learned our lesson now. If it looks like a pile of crap and smells like a pile of crap...(all together now) IT IS A PILE OF CRAP.

*making sure I am on bashers....whew, I am*

Don't worry, I'm sure there will not only be a purple rock AND a switch card, but I'm sure that we'll also find out that Chiwhora and Roddy have a child together and must be kicked off the island..er, I mean show.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-02, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "My sentiments exactly"
weltek, I completely agree. BB3 smells much more like BB1 than BB2 did. BB1 stunk. BB3 is getting smelly fast.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-02, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Is SeeBS steering the game?"
You know if Amy was still here, the DR would tell her to go scrub the toilet with Chiwhora's toothbrush.

I am pretty faithful about reading the feeds, and I didn't hear ANY mention of a fight between Amy and Marcelleus. They are definately steering the game, and planting ideas in the HG's subconscious. Jason and Dani are doing an excellent job hiding their alliance. If the DR slips and someone figures it out because of it and not because of something either Dani or Jason did, well, there should be some hell to pay. The alliance between those two is as good as it gets for us reality TV viewers.

Lady T-mean Uber b!tch

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-08-02, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is SeeBS steering the game?"
If they expose (directly or indirectly) Jason's and Danielle's pact with each other, then I'm done with this show. I can't understand why CBS has to interfere in just about everything that happens in the house. From playing matchmaker (they're really laying the "love story" angles on pretty thick) to hand picking the HOH (Mar winning right after he was spared from eviction is questionable).

I think that while BB3 rating's are okay, CBS is mad that FOX (with American Idol) and NBC (with Dog Eat Dog) is getting more media exposure than BB3. What little notice BB3 does get, it's mostly negative, so they have to do whatever they can to steer things along and make people take notice. But it's making things more complicated (hence, harder to follow) and less interesting in the process.

08-08-02, 11:56 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Is SeeBS steering the game?"
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-02 AT 00:00 AM (EST)

LadyT, if memory serves me correctly, the Joker feeds did discuss the Amy/Marcellas argument, but it was so minor that it was a brief mention and wasn't blown up to be a huge fight... and it really wasn't that huge a fight. It is ONLY SeeBS and Julie Chen that made such a huge freakin' deal about it.

But to extrapolate and reinforce a more general point: I do believe that SeeBS is trying to hide from the Feeds some of what is going on, and ONLY showing it on TV. The Jason/Danielle Alliance is a HUGE example of this. Also, last night I saw complaining that they were showing Eric and Lisa in bed but voices could be heard in the other room... but NONE of the feeds showed who those voices were or what they were saying.

IMO, if you paid money to SeeBS to see the feeds, then they have STOLEN your money because they are, in effect, not delivering promised goods. If they're hiding major parts of what's going on from the feeds so they can show it exclusively on TV, then those who paid for the feeds are being ROBBED (literally). I haven't paid SeeBS a dime and I have no plans to do so in the future. I hope everyone will think about this before sending in their dollars (or calling into America's Choice, etc.).

LadyLuna 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-09-02, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyLuna Click to send private message to LadyLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Is SeeBS steering the game?"
Well Dawg--Now you know another reason why I don't pay for the feeds, I watched them for free during BB1 and it was the same kind of deal, so no thanks. I can't believe they're making viewers pay for anything, I thought that's what sponsers were for... greedy, greedy, greedy, greedy.

You're right that bringing suspicion onto Jason is steering the game and it is unfair to him. I'm wondering if Jason lost due to this and had enough proof... if he'd have a case in court against the producers.

Why it is illegal for regular "game shows" to steer a game, yet ok for "reality game shows" to do it? I'm sure we've all heard about how Survivor talks to the jury before the vote about who "played the game the best" and influences them to vote in that manner. I think people should vote according to their own standards and I find it wrong to sway the vote one way or the other.

Also, am I the only one really annoyed that they're bringing a contestant back into the game? I think if Eric got back in and became HOH it WOULD dramatically impact the game, especially if he decided to go after Gerry. Gerry played strategically and deserves his victory. Sending Eric back in would be unfair--unless they sent Gerry back in after he was booted off too.

I think Gerry, Danielle and Jason have been strategic players and it's unfair to change the rules on them at this stage--we wouldn't put up with a change in the rules in the middle of a chess game... are they making up the rules as they go along?

On a side note: do you think they are putting someone back in because they need to take someone out? (is there any validity to the rumour that Chiara needs to leave to go to court for her DUI?).

P.S. Hey Red Lady, what's wrong with Love Cruise?

08-09-02, 03:30 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Is SeeBS steering the game?"
I'm wondering if Jason lost due to this and had enough proof... if he'd have a case in court against the producers.

I doubt there is a legal case because these contestants just about literally sign their lives away when they sign their contracts. If Paschal could be kicked out of Survivor without EVER having received a single vote, then just about anything can be done.

Why it is illegal for regular "game shows" to steer a game, yet ok for "reality game shows" to do it?

For one, the contracts that are signed allow such things. Second, it is obvious that BB3 has been planning this since before the game began BECAUSE they sequestered the evictees... so BB3 can say this was an originally planned change and they had no way of knowing who it would affect or how... and they'd be right on that point. It was like Jeff Probst really making sure to say that the tribal swap in S-IV was planned well ahead...

Also, there is considerable debate, in light of the Stacy Stilman lawsuit against CBS for Survivor I, of whether or not the game show laws apply to Survivor. I am not clear on any outcome of all that. Perhaps AyaK or someone else could fill in some details here?!?!

Also, am I the only one really annoyed that they're bringing a contestant back into the game?

By NO means are you the only one. I think it's ridiculous, even if I'd love to see Amy back in the house. I think it's more than "unfair" to the remaining houseguests, it's plain "wrong". If I were a contestant, I would strongly consider making a voluntary exit if someone is brought back. Enough people threatening that, and maybe this whole idiot idea is stillborn before it starts.

As to ChiWhora's DUI charge, no idea how that is going to be handled. I personally hope they come and drag her off in handcuffs. I suspect, however, that SeeBS will do something in court on her behalf and get the thing delayed again.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-02, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "why should they stop now?"
Didn't they "hand pick" Lisa after she served them drinks in a bar and all the applications were already in. I sent in an application and even though I did not fit any stero types that they always use, I was miffed when i heard that. Rules were changed there why not during the game.
If I was Gerry and Eric came back, I would be completely PO'd. I would have the feeling that my winning the HoH and me putting myself on the line to evixt him means nothing.

08-13-02, 09:13 PM (EST)
19. "UPDATE (and spoiler stuff in here!)"
The next paragraph will contain spoiler info as of Mon. Aug 13th, so consider yourself WARNED.

Earlier today, Josh and Roddy and Marcellas got into a HUGE shouting match. Among the things shouted, Josh came out that the Diary Room had been ***REPEATEDLY*** asking him why he was throwing in the towel?

Clearly, BB3 is attempting to steer this game and not allow it to continue normally in and of itself. This blatant steering of the game, combined with earlier betrayals of what people say in the DR (don't deny it, SeeBS, you know you're doing this!) is really beyond the pale. SCREW U, SEE-BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-14-02, 02:31 PM (EST)
20. "I've had it with this show"
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-02 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

I gave it another chance. Every season they promise it will be better and every season something fails. Since they are now resorting to steering the game, I have lost any shread of enticement to watch the show. I'll just come here to read the latest because I'll still wonder who wins.

bye bye Big Brother!

08-15-02, 11:48 AM (EST)
21. "Welcome to the dark side!"
I was forced to watch the first episode by my brother since we were at the beach, and I watched a few eps after, but now...naah.

The key is to be able to tell the players apart enough to understand the conversations here. It's way more interesting than actually watching the show.

08-16-02, 08:32 AM (EST)
22. "Yet MORE evidence (8/16)"
There is spoiler info in the next paragraph. Do NOT read if you're not a Feed-Reader.

While in the tub for the HOH competition, Amy said that BB3 told her **REPEATEDLY** that she needed to win HOH once she got back into the house.

Why, oh why, must we endure this manipulation?

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Yet MORE evidence (8/16)"
And where exactly did Roddy get that whoppee cushion anyway??? Huh? Huh? I thought so!!

- buying into the Dawg Conspiracy Theory completely!!

Daytime, nighttime, anytime, things go better with Rock! - Def Leppard

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Yet MORE evidence (8/16)"
Ya know Dawg..I just sat there last night shaking my head the entire time! I could not believe how obviously manipulative CBS is being! As I have written elsewhere, I am so sick of this show and am disgusted w/ myself for watching...and yet I am so masochistic that I continue to tune in...

The re-entry "twist" was fine but I would have preferred watching Amy eat PB&J for 42 days! Could you imagine the cheese withdrawal she would have suffered? Talk about "jonesin'"!!

One point I have not seen mentioned yet was that Josh got to see his g/f after this show...does that mean evicting HGs will no longer be sequestered? Yet another example of CBS's inconsistency and willingness to bend the rules to suit their story-telling needs.

Regards,
Red Lady

08-16-02, 02:04 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Yet MORE evidence (8/16)"
I do believe, Red Lady, that Josh getting to see Merritt meant that he is gone for good. There will be no more evicted HG returns this year.

I also think BB3 only did that because of the way Sheryl was evicted first on BB2 (and also, Mike Booger was one of the first 4 out). So they did this little thing.

Last, but not least, in Josh's interview with Julie Chen, how did y'all like the way Chen just lied to Josh and said he HAD the votes to stay in, just two days before? I don't think that was true.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •