The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Songs for Finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-20-06, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Songs for Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-06 AT 09:00 AM (EST)

No one has started this thread yet....so here goes...

What songs do you think Kat and Taylor will sing for the finale?

I am guessing that they do not repeat something from last week's show but they do from an earlier show.

I think Kat may reprise "Black Horse and Cherry Tree" . She got great feedback from the judges on that one, it's current, it's sexy, she gets to belt it out in some sections, she would do it well again.

The song that most embodies what Taylor is all about imo is "Try a Little Tenderness". He got great judge support on that one as well.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Songs for Finale niteowl0205 05-21-06 1
 RE: Songs for Finale xwraith27 05-21-06 2
   RE: Songs for Finale zazzy 05-21-06 3
 RE: Songs for Finale Irishbear0987 05-21-06 4
 RE: Songs for Finale Hoobie 05-22-06 5
 RE: Songs for Finale zazzy 05-23-06 6
   RE: Songs for Finale EnglProf 05-23-06 7
 *shrug* Does it matter? zombiebaby 05-23-06 8
   2 winning singles? niteowl0205 05-23-06 9
       RE: 2 winning singles? zombiebaby 05-23-06 10
           RE: 2 winning singles? niteowl0205 05-23-06 11
   Hey! mrc 05-23-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

niteowl0205 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-21-06, 00:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl0205 Click to send private message to niteowl0205 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Songs for Finale"

>I think Kat may reprise "Black
>Horse and Cherry Tree" .

I hope so! I think that was a great performance. Her voice sounded amazing. Truly original.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-21-06, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Songs for Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-06 AT 10:51 PM (EST)

Do you mean for the performance night? I heard they were singing two songs that they've already sung before, plus the new AI winner's single.

I'm hoping that Katharine would sing "Over the Rainbow" and "Come Rain or Come Shine". I personally didn't like her rendition of "... Cherry Tree," but that's just me.

I would also like to hear Taylor sing "Try A Little Tenderness" and "Taking it to the Street," which I personally think are two of his best performances.

Edit: Changed one of Taylor's songs. I was trying to think of the title and accidentally posted the wrong one.

05-21-06, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Songs for Finale"
Yes, Tuesday night.

Irishbear0987 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-21-06, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Irishbear0987 Click to send private message to Irishbear0987 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Songs for Finale"
I think Kat will sing "Black Horse and Cherry Tree" and "Over the Rainbow".

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-22-06, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Songs for Finale"
I heard on Good Day L.A. today that she is definitely singing "Over the Rainbow" for her repeat song.

05-23-06, 10:32 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Songs for Finale"
Found this on MJ's blog:

According to Insider TV here are the song choices for the contestants:

Taylor Hicks:

"Levon" by Elton John and

"Living for the City" by Stevie Wonder.

The new single he'll be performing is "Do I Make You Proud" written by Tracy Ackerman, Andrew John Watkins and Paul David Wilson. Paul Wilson and Tracy Akcerman have worked with Lisa Stansfield, Al Green, Tina Turner, the Spice Girls, and S Club. Paul Wilson did horn arrangements for The Winans, so the dude got some soul. Thanks folkgirl

Katharine McPhee:

The standard "Over the Rainbow" and

"Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall.

The new single she'll perform is called, "My Destiny" written by Hanne Sorvaag.

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-23-06, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Songs for Finale"
Ooooh I hope Taylor does do Levon. That was my absolute favorite of his--very soulful.

Plus, it should be a mandate that any song that Taylor sings has the word "'cause" (because) in it--I just love how he says it: "coze." Sexy.

Looking forward to tonight. They should both be great.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-23-06, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "*shrug* Does it matter?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-06 AT 03:54 PM (EST)

Not watching. I have watched all season long however I am NOT a fan of the finale and the finale result show. I really don't care to see these people sing songs that we have already seen.

As far as the new songs?

Bleh. Let's guess now. I am gonna say that they will have one of the following or more in the lyrics:

"moment to shine"
"took so long to get here"
"made it"
"I/you believed"
"against the odds"
"no one else but you"
"tonight I am on top"

Any other cliches? Really the drivel they turn out is embarrassing. You would think that top notch talent would be trying to get hired to write the "winning single" with all the built in publicity.

Enjoy! I will be watching Stephen King's Desperation tonight and Lost tomorrow night.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

05-23-06, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl0205 Click to send private message to niteowl0205 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "2 winning singles?"

You would think
>that top notch talent would
>be trying to get hired
>to write the "winning single"
>with all the built in
>publicity.

Okay, i'm officially confused...or dense. I thought both Kat and Taylor were singing the same 'winning single' written by Nick Lachey and Tamyra Gray. Did something change?

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 2 winning singles?"
I think there are two singles from what I read above. One for each.

If those two co-wrote the songs that does not qualify "top notch" talent in my book. Not even second or third notch.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

05-23-06, 04:22 PM (EST)
11. "RE: 2 winning singles?"
thanks, zombiebaby. Seems to me that two singles are better than one. Maybe they actually took into account who would be singing it this time. I agree about the lack of talent for composition of the single, though.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-06, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Hey!"
"tonight I am on top"

This is a family show, sistah!

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •