URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 1999
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Songs for Finale"

Posted by zazzy on 05-20-06 at 01:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-06 AT 09:00 AM (EST)

No one has started this thread yet....so here goes...

What songs do you think Kat and Taylor will sing for the finale?

I am guessing that they do not repeat something from last week's show but they do from an earlier show.

I think Kat may reprise "Black Horse and Cherry Tree" . She got great feedback from the judges on that one, it's current, it's sexy, she gets to belt it out in some sections, she would do it well again.

The song that most embodies what Taylor is all about imo is "Try a Little Tenderness". He got great judge support on that one as well.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Songs for Finale"
Posted by niteowl0205 on 05-21-06 at 00:29 AM

>I think Kat may reprise "Black
>Horse and Cherry Tree" .

I hope so! I think that was a great performance. Her voice sounded amazing. Truly original.

Posted by xwraith27 on 05-21-06 at 08:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-06 AT 10:51 PM (EST)

Do you mean for the performance night? I heard they were singing two songs that they've already sung before, plus the new AI winner's single.

I'm hoping that Katharine would sing "Over the Rainbow" and "Come Rain or Come Shine". I personally didn't like her rendition of "... Cherry Tree," but that's just me.

I would also like to hear Taylor sing "Try A Little Tenderness" and "Taking it to the Street," which I personally think are two of his best performances.

Edit: Changed one of Taylor's songs. I was trying to think of the title and accidentally posted the wrong one.

Posted by zazzy on 05-21-06 at 09:38 PM
Yes, Tuesday night.

Posted by Irishbear0987 on 05-21-06 at 09:54 PM
I think Kat will sing "Black Horse and Cherry Tree" and "Over the Rainbow".

Posted by Hoobie on 05-22-06 at 06:11 PM
I heard on Good Day L.A. today that she is definitely singing "Over the Rainbow" for her repeat song.

Posted by zazzy on 05-23-06 at 10:32 AM
Found this on MJ's blog:

According to Insider TV here are the song choices for the contestants:

Taylor Hicks:

"Levon" by Elton John and

"Living for the City" by Stevie Wonder.

The new single he'll be performing is "Do I Make You Proud" written by Tracy Ackerman, Andrew John Watkins and Paul David Wilson. Paul Wilson and Tracy Akcerman have worked with Lisa Stansfield, Al Green, Tina Turner, the Spice Girls, and S Club. Paul Wilson did horn arrangements for The Winans, so the dude got some soul. Thanks folkgirl

Katharine McPhee:

The standard "Over the Rainbow" and

"Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" by KT Tunstall.

The new single she'll perform is called, "My Destiny" written by Hanne Sorvaag.

Posted by EnglProf on 05-23-06 at 03:28 PM
Ooooh I hope Taylor does do Levon. That was my absolute favorite of his--very soulful.

Plus, it should be a mandate that any song that Taylor sings has the word "'cause" (because) in it--I just love how he says it: "coze." Sexy.

Looking forward to tonight. They should both be great.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"*shrug* Does it matter?"
Posted by zombiebaby on 05-23-06 at 03:52 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-06 AT 03:54 PM (EST)

Not watching. I have watched all season long however I am NOT a fan of the finale and the finale result show. I really don't care to see these people sing songs that we have already seen.

As far as the new songs?

Bleh. Let's guess now. I am gonna say that they will have one of the following or more in the lyrics:

"moment to shine"
"took so long to get here"
"made it"
"I/you believed"
"against the odds"
"no one else but you"
"tonight I am on top"

Any other cliches? Really the drivel they turn out is embarrassing. You would think that top notch talent would be trying to get hired to write the "winning single" with all the built in publicity.

Enjoy! I will be watching Stephen King's Desperation tonight and Lost tomorrow night.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

"2 winning singles?"
Posted by niteowl0205 on 05-23-06 at 04:10 PM

You would think
>that top notch talent would
>be trying to get hired
>to write the "winning single"
>with all the built in
>publicity.

Okay, i'm officially confused...or dense. I thought both Kat and Taylor were singing the same 'winning single' written by Nick Lachey and Tamyra Gray. Did something change?

"RE: 2 winning singles?"
Posted by zombiebaby on 05-23-06 at 04:16 PM
I think there are two singles from what I read above. One for each.

If those two co-wrote the songs that does not qualify "top notch" talent in my book. Not even second or third notch.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

"RE: 2 winning singles?"
Posted by niteowl0205 on 05-23-06 at 04:22 PM
thanks, zombiebaby. Seems to me that two singles are better than one. Maybe they actually took into account who would be singing it this time. I agree about the lack of talent for composition of the single, though.

"Hey!"
Posted by mrc on 05-23-06 at 06:04 PM
"tonight I am on top"

This is a family show, sistah!

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn