The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"First Impressions Revisited."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Car84 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Car84 Click to send private message to Car84 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"First Impressions Revisited."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-03 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

I'm putting my thoughts out there, warts and all. The message was inspired by the first TV Guide article on Survivor Amazon. I was unable to get this on a message board before the show started. (Long story.)

---

My impressions of the contestants:

Rob - Funny guy, huh? That worked for .... Has that worked for anybody yet?
Ryan - "Model-actor-bartender." In other words, another in the long list of unemployed contestants.
Roger. At 56, the oldest in the game. If there is any justice, he should last longer than Jan (S5).
Dave - Values his integrity. He's toast.
Alex - "Quickly grabbed the leadership reins." Two pieces of toast for breakfast.
Daniel - Tax accountant. I wonder if he's a shelter expert.
Matthew - Likes the path of most resistance. I don't know if that's good for this game.
Butch - Age 50, and either owns or has access to an albino squirrel costume. That bothers me.
Janet - At age 47, the oldest of the women. *cough*RIGGED*cough*
JoAnna - May get the nickname "Hosannah." Says she doesn't preach.
Shawna - A tomboy who sells outdoor gear. Perhaps overqualified. A female Hunter?
Deena - Deputy District Attorney. Another Pappy?
Christy - I predict the team will split between those who are comfortable communicating with her (she's deaf) and those who aren't comfortable. Interesting element in the game.
Jenna - 21, model, beauty pageant contestant. Not a lot of meat on her bones to live off of.
Heidi - According to Jeff Probst, "that cute little girl - with a saber in her back pocket." I worry about Jeff.
Jeanne - Along with Janet, a mom figure. Is the jungle big enough for the both of them?

---

Well. Some hits and some misses.

Edit: Spelling.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: First Impressions Revisited. Dicedancer 05-11-03 1
   RE: First Impressions Revisited. pythonfan 05-12-03 3
 RE: First Impressions Revisited. AMAI 05-11-03 2
 RE: First Impressions Revisited. Car84 05-12-03 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dicedancer 65 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-03, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dicedancer Click to send private message to Dicedancer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: First Impressions Revisited."
LOL again, lot's of laugh's today.
"an albino squirrel costume. That bothers me"
I did'nt know that. Maybe there are some good reason's
ol'e Butch isn't getting any air play.
Kinda makes sence though;squrreling around for wood.

pythonfan 3348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-12-03, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pythonfan Click to send private message to pythonfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: First Impressions Revisited."
hee.

I've been to Butch's hometown. I used to live near there as a matter of fact. My great-grandma had a sticker in her back window that said "Olney - Home of the White Squirrel"

For the record, I've never seen a white squirrel.

AMAI 1254 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-11-03, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAI Click to send private message to AMAI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: First Impressions Revisited."
Great idea for a thread, Car84. Here are my first impressions of the Final 4, when I wrote an article on all of them before ep 1 aired.

Matthew von Ertfelda is a 33 year old Restaurant Designer from Washington D.C. who looks like Tony Robbins the motivational speaker guy. He's brought his high school wrestling jacket for his luxury item, which will help keep him warm in the cold cold nights in the rainforest. He studied Mandarin Chinese, so look for him to form an alliance with fluent-in-Mandarin Daniel Lue. He also holds a culinary diploma from a fancy French Ecole de Gastronomie. But can he cook rice? This guy is so twee - his favourite scent is "fresh garlic being sauteed in virgin olive oil." And he has a vivacious fish. Either this guy is gone pre-merge or he lasts to the F6 at the very least.

Rob Cesternino is 24, from New York and works as a computer projects coordinator. His picture screams "nerd;" the Magic 8 Ball as his luxury item just confirms that impression. I bet he thinks his Ball will give him a jump on everyone else in knowing what's coming. He reckons he is "mischievous, hilarious and creative." It will sure be funny to see him trashing his Magic 8 Ball for telling him nobody will vote for him to leave. This guy lists his single greatest accomplishment as driving 21 hours to Mardi Gras with a couple of buddies without *gasp* hotel accommodations. Another good reason to get rid of him early: his big plans for the million bucks are to buy a "fully equipped bachelor pad with a big neon sign that says 'Open.'" He does not list Survivor as one of his favourite TV shows. Nope. Only show given is The Sopranos, and I think we know what that means. Boston Rob attitude in a fugly package = first boot.

Butch Lockley is a 50 year old middle school principal from Illinois. He's brought the School Banner as his "luxury item." It sounds totally dumb, but maybe it will come in handy if he's still around when they do the SOS challenge. Butch is another with a big dream of buying a vehicle with his million dollars. Are 4-wheel drive pick-up trucks really so expensive? One of his favourite scents is outdoor morning woods (I could make a totally PG17 comment but I shouldn't sink so low so early in the season.) Instead I think he'll totally have had enough of that scent by about Day 3 of living in the rainforest.

Jenna Morasca is a 21 year old bimbette. I mean, she's brought her Zeta crown as a luxury item. She's from Pennsylvania, so at least we won't have to listen to her whine with a Southern accent, but chances are she will have some kind of annoying nasal-tone. She's currently majoring in zoology, which I think is a great idea for her future dream of being President. Can't you see yourself voting for someone to be president so that they can "make all the important decisions?" No Snickers on her list either, so I think she is gone early. Probably turn into a drama queen.

Matt was the only one I could even see possibly getting to the F6.

LOL - so much for first impressions, eh?

Car84 76 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Car84 Click to send private message to Car84 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: First Impressions Revisited."
Idea for Survivor - Pearl Island. Maybe the moderators can put up a "first impressions" thread starting from the first publicity, going through the first episode. At that time, it can be locked and removed, to be returned at the time the crew is down to the final four.

There is no shame in being wrong. In fact, it might be as rewarding to be SO WRONG about someone as to be right on.

I don't know if the board's software can sidetrack a whole thread, or if it would have to be some cut-and-paste workaround. But it could be fun to get people on-the-record.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •