The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"episode 10 speculation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

seeker 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-12-01, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seeker Click to send private message to seeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"episode 10 speculation"
episode 9 has just aired here in Oz, Wed 12th. thought I'd speculate about what may happen in the next show...

As we've seen, S3 has had quite a few twists, not the least of which was tonight's shock vote by Brandon. Many posters have described Brandon's vote as a brilliant piece of strategy, but I cannot see it as such. Brandon, in my view, is a flake. His remorseful look right after Kelly's vote-off gave it away. He wasn't capable of seeing the consequences of his action. He was regretting it straight away. It would have been interesting to see, if Lex had gone tonight instead of Kelly, how Kelly would have voted next week. Would she have voted with her new alliance members?

Immunity for Lex next week is essential. He's knows he's being targetted and he must now realise that it's been because he's been acting like an ass for the last 2 shows or so.

Without immunity, the ex-Samburus will target Lex and ex-Boran will pick a Samburu member whom they think has the most votes against him/her. This will lead to a 4-4 tie between Lex Luthor and, I expect, Cranky Franky, with Lex being the Loser on a countback. Frank will then be left with 5 votes against him but on a dominant tribe, albeit voting with 2 people of whom he and Teresa were sworn enemies earlier on.

The fly in the ointment could be a defection to the Samburu alliance by someone like Tom or the older Kim, who should by now see that old Boran's time is up and their remaining members will be picked off after Lex is given the boot up the date. The previews of this week's show indicate some weakening of the Lex/Tom/Kim J/Ethan alliance with Tom reviewing his position and probably deciding finally that Lex is a runaway train when it comes to decision making.

Tom defecting for instance would enable him to forge an intra-alliance with Frank and Teresa, in order for the three of them to be able to pick off Brandon and Kim P once the old Borans have a solid numerical advantage over the old Samburus. Their is no love lost between Frank and Brandon/Kim p, and Teresa is pretty like Frank on this issue. They tolerate the association with Brandon and Kim P for now because as much as they hate it, it is vital in order to move onward. But is Tom clever and/or daring enough to contemplate something like this. All players like to espouse loyalty to their tribe, but in the face of certain elimination, loyalties and other principles have to be compromised in order to ensure one's progression through to the end.

So next week, it seems certain that Lex will go unless he wins immunity. If he manages to stay on without having won immunity, then he will achieved a miraculous turnaround. The others will now see him as an unpredictable, irrational pseudo-leader who needs to go. Surely Ethan/Tom/Kim J will now have had to time to realise that the targetting of Kelly tonight was a dreadful error of judgement that has placed the survival of their alliance in mortal danger.

But if Lex wins immunity, then everything changes. Lex will then be working on Brandon to fully defect (Kim P would follow) and we would see the early departure of Frank and then Teresa.

The disappointing thing in this series is the those survivors "flying under the radar" and/or following sheep. Kim J is certainly flying low, as is Kim P. Having been extremely close to certain elimination earlier, Frank has changed markedly and is now also flying low. So is Teresa. Nice guy Ethan has managed to charm everyone but his apparent refusal to question Lex's choice of Kelly tonight (along with Tom's and Kim J's refusals) will be remembered. Tom, Ethan and Kim J get marked down tonight for being followers.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Rats! AyaK 12-12-01 1
   RE: Rats! seeker 12-12-01 6
 RE: episode 10 speculation dabo 12-12-01 2
   RE: episode 10 speculation Afreaqua 12-12-01 3
       RE: episode 10 speculation dabo 12-12-01 4
           RE: episode 10 speculation Afreaqua 12-12-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-01, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Rats!"
seeker, thanks for your thoughts. I was a little disappointed, though, because I though you had seen the episode that airs Thursday in the States. On this board, we've decided to stick with the convention that the "recap" was Episode 7.5, and the episode featuring Kelly's boot was Episode 8. I know the game Surviiival has done it differently, but that's how we're doing it ... so we won't see E9 until Thursday.

seeker 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-12-01, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seeker Click to send private message to seeker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rats!"
AyaK, sorry, the post should have been called "Episode 9 speculation" and not ep 10. I doubt very much whether the episodes we see on Wednesdays would ever run before they were screened in the US. In fact, we have to resist logging on to sites like this one to avoid finding out who's getting the flick until the ep is screened locally.

I also realise that failed to consider that Brandon may have fully transferred his allegiance to Lex and his tribe. I feel he will only get chewed up and spat out by them so his best chance is to patch things up with Kim, Frank & T and proceed as a team to nail Lex firstly and then the rest. It was a silly vote by Brandon. He alienated himself from his own tribe and has endeavoured to form an alliance with Lex, which will be ultimately fruitless as Lex's time is up too.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-01, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: episode 10 speculation"
I have to wonder if Brandon is psychologically capable of switching back at this point. Lex's proposal put him in the position of having to betray someone, something his earlier actions indicated he wouldn't do (he tried to get votes in order to save Lindsey, kept it up even when it became a lost cause). Had he not agreed to Lex's proposal then Lex might have gone to Frank or Teresa with it, something Brandon couldn't allow, but then once he accepted he stuck with it even though he would perhaps have been better off voting for Lex. Unless Boran targets his buddy Kim P. there would be no guilt factor to drive him back to Samburu.

On the other hand, he might be playing both ends against the middle with the intent of rejoining Samburu to vote off Lex or Tom, he is a sharp player. But we've seen nothing underhanded from him up until the last episode when he was put in the position where no matter what he did it would be underhanded.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-01, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: episode 10 speculation"
>Unless Boran targets his buddy
>Kim P. there would be
>no guilt factor to drive
>him back to Samburu.

I don't think kim P is that much of a buddy, his defction last week harmed Kim more than anyone as it was her work that got Kelly on board and her work that managed to convince Theresa and Frank that the new alliance would work. Brandon made Kim P look like a fool.

>But we've seen nothing underhanded
>from him up until the
>last episode when he was
>put in the position where
>no matter what he did
>it would be underhanded.

Excuse me...but he was the one that masterminded eating the food while the others were getting water and he was the one who mentioned not doing any work to save their strength was a good strategy. Everytime someone ELSE does something underhanded he bemoans the fact that he wishes it were him that did it. If you looked up "underhanded" in the dictionary, you'd see a picture of Brandon. Also, I don't think he was forced to defect to Boran to improve his position....he would have been just as well placed if he stayed with Samburu.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-01, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: episode 10 speculation"
>I don't think kim P is
>that much of a buddy,
>his defction last week harmed
>Kim more than anyone as
>it was her work that
>got Kelly on board and
>her work that managed to
>convince Theresa and Frank that
>the new alliance would work.
>Brandon made Kim P look
>like a fool.
I agree, but my point was that he was put in the position of having to betray someone otherwise he wouldn't have done it, and the only possible betrayal he could commit staying with Boran at this point would be voting for Kim P rather than Frank or Teresa.
>
>Excuse me...but he was the one
>that masterminded eating the food
>while the others were getting
>water and he was the
>one who mentioned not doing
>any work to save their
>strength was a good strategy.
>Everytime someone ELSE does something
>underhanded he bemoans the fact
>that he wishes it were
>him that did it.
I thought it was bad form, but he did announce before OFA left that he would make breakfast, and breakfast was waiting for them when they returned, it was just more burnt and in smaller portions than GXA had enjoyed. And I didn't think there was anything underhanded in how Teresa voted in ep 7.

>Also, I
>don't think he was forced
>to defect to Boran to
>improve his position....he would have
>been just as well placed
>if he stayed with Samburu.
No, he wasn't forced to do anything, but Lex's proposal put the reigns in his hands and had he not accepted Lex could have gone to Frank or Teresa and put the reigns in one of their hands. Brandon had to choose between being underhanded or strategically disadvantaging himself. Frankly, in my opinion, he succeeded in doing both in the end; Boran doesn't need his vote at this point to boot off who they want (even Brandon himself if they decide to), they only need to ensure he doesn't vote for one of them.

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-12-01, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: episode 10 speculation"
"the only possible betrayal he could commit staying with Boran at this point would be voting for Kim P rather than Frank or Teresa."
oh yes...I agree too. I can't see him voting for Kim over Frank...but I think he likes Teresa too.

I agree with you here too.
"Brandon had to choose between being underhanded or strategically disadvantaging himself. Frankly, in my opinion, he succeeded in doing both in the end;" Even if Samburu takes him back, it will be because they HAVE to. Before, both Kim P and Theresa liked Brandon fairly well.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •