4 chicken breasts (I only made 2, but forgot to cut down the marinade recipe, so it was a bit much.)
juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (which I forgot – it was fine without)
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Put chicken in a Ziploc baggie and pour the marinade over it. Marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Longer is better.
Bake chicken to an internal temperature of 185, says my nifty thermometer.
2. After an hour, grill or bake the chicken until done. Serve with tzatziki.
2 cups thick Greek yogurt (I used Balkan style. It was thin, but really tasty. I also cut the recipe in half and still had way too much.)
4-10 cloves garlic, minced (How bad do you want to smell? I used 4 and it was a bit much for me.)
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
1. Prepare all ingredients in advance. (I didn’t.)
The original recipe called for grated cucumber. You can see why I just diced it small instead.
2. Combine oil and lemon juice in a medium mixing bowl. Fold in yogurt slowly. (I did it backwards – yogurt in bowl, fold in lemon juice/oil.)
3. Stir in garlic and cucumber.
Mixing tzatziki. Waaaay too much garlic.
The finished chicken can be seen in the salad post, above.
I'm going to bed now.