The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Amy in trouble too...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-30-02, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Amy in trouble too...."
BB3 has kept the the Smoking Gun busy this year. Yep, Amy too has had trouble with the law. Jeez, CBS, do you think it would be possible to cast a show that has no one with a record?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/bb3crews.html

Turns out another "Big Brother 3" contestant knows what it's like to get nailed for drunk driving and other crimes, The Smoking Gun has learned.
Amy Crews, 24, was arrested in February 1999 and charged with driving while intoxicated after crashing her Toyota in a one-car accident near her Arkansas home. According to this West Memphis Police Department report, Crews's car struck a concrete mailbox, rolled onto its roof, and slid for 25 yards before stopping. When cops arrived at 3:30 AM, Crews not only failed a field sobriety test, but registered a .14 on a breathalyzer machine (in 1999, the Arkansas legal limit was a blood alcohol content of .10).

At the time of her DWI arrest, Crews was 20. Since 1935, the legal drinking age in Arkansas has been 21.

In March 1999, Crews pleaded no contest in Crittenden County District Court to the misdemeanor DWI charge. She was hit with a one-year suspended jail term, fined $1000, directed to pay court costs of $300, and ordered to attend alcohol safety school and an alcohol education class.

But it's unclear what Crews might have learned during those courses, since she is often seen guzzling the wine and beer of other Big Brother houseguests, some of whom have talked openly about her prodigious alcohol consumption. In fact, contestant Tonya Paoni--who was just voted off the show--confronted Crews last week and told her she should enter Alcoholics Anonymous upon leaving the Big Brother compound.

Crews appears to relish her role as the show's tipsy, boyfriend-stealing Southern belle, a young woman who does not hesitate to denigrate fellow contestants she deems beneath her. Allison Grodner, the reality TV show's executive producer, has said that "Big Brother 3" staffers "fell in love with Amy" during auditions. "She's a very classy person, opinionated and judgmental in her way, and we like that," said Grodner. "She's not afraid to say what she feels, so we've really enjoyed her."

The 1999 DWI arrest is not the only entry on Crews's rap sheet:

* While a student (briefly) at the University of Mississippi, Crews got nailed in April 1997 for possession of beer by a minor, a misdemeanor. She was fined $172 in Oxford Municipal Court.

* In December 1998, Crews was arrested for reckless driving and driving with a revoked or suspended license after leading an Arkansas state trooper on a high-speed chase. In fact, Crews was going so fast on Interstate 40--92 mph in a 65mph zone--that the arresting officer noted in his report that he "attempted to catch up with the speeding vehicle but found it to be very difficult." In early-1999, Crews was convicted of misdemeanor reckless driving after a Crittenden County District Court trial (she had previously paid a $75 fine to settle the driving with a suspended or revoked license charge).

* In February 1999, a West Memphis Municipal Court judge issued a warrant for Crews's arrest after she bounced a check--for a whopping $6.77--at the Flash Market gas station.

* That warrant remained outstanding until Crews had another run-in with cops, this time in May 1999. She was arrested after a bizarre fender-bender at a bank drive-thru window. When cops responded to the accident scene they discovered Crews was driving though her license had been suspended as a result of the March 1999 DWI conviction. And a warrant search also turned up the bum check--a violation of the Arkansas "Hot Check Law." The check charge was eventually dropped when Crews made restitution to the gas station. And after pleading no contest in Crittenden County District Court, Crews paid a $95 fine to settle the other misdemeanor charges.

On July 22, TSG reported that Chiara Berti, another "Big Brother 3" contestant, was arrested in late-May on drunk driving charges, which are pending in Los Angeles Superior Court. Asked about the 25-year-old's arrest, which came during the final stage of "Big Brother 3" auditions, CBS spokesperson Chris Ender gave reporters a flippant comment about the DUI charge: "On the brighter side, she won't be doing any driving in the house." Incredibly, Ender repeated the same comment when TSG spoke to him today (7/29) about Crews's alcohol problem. "This is a reality program, and in reality people aren't perfect," he said.

Lady T-mean Uber b!tch

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Amy in trouble too.... Peacemaker 07-30-02 1
 RE: Amy in trouble too.... Red Lady 07-30-02 2
   RE: Amy in trouble too.... SurvivorBlows 07-30-02 3
       RE: Amy in trouble too.... Headless Torso 07-30-02 4
       RE: Hetero Skeletons Red Lady 07-31-02 6
       RE: Amy in trouble too.... SurvivinDawg 07-31-02 7
 RE: Amy in trouble too.... true 07-31-02 5
 RE: Amy in trouble too.... SurvivinDawg 07-31-02 8
   RE: Amy in trouble too.... Cin 07-31-02 9
       RE: Amy in trouble too.... nailbone 08-01-02 12
 RE: Amy in trouble too.... LadyT 07-31-02 10
 RE: Amy in trouble too.... Bebo 08-01-02 11
   But, let us all remember... Red Lady 08-01-02 14
       RE: But, let us all remember... Bebo 08-01-02 15
           RE: But, let us all remember... SurvivinDawg 08-01-02 17
               RE: But, let us all remember... Red Lady 08-01-02 18
 RE: Amy in trouble too.... nailbone 08-01-02 13
 RE: Amy in trouble too.... Fast Eddie 08-01-02 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Peacemaker 73 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-30-02, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Peacemaker Click to send private message to Peacemaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Amy in trouble too...."
I'm telling you they got all these idiots from the Jerry Springer reject pool.

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-30-02, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Amy in trouble too...."
It appears that Marcellas is gonna be the only HG without skeletons in his closet!

Regards,
Red Lady

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-02, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Amy in trouble too...."
>It appears that Marcellas is gonna
>be the only HG without
>skeletons in his closet!

...didn't he mention having been engaged at some point??? Maybe he's a closet hetero who feels he has to "play gay" to be "taken seriously" as a stylist, who knows!

-SB

PS Was I they only one wondering why CBS left the audience hanging after showing that footage by never tying up the lsoe end of whatever happened to the fiance?

Headless Torso 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-30-02, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Headless%20Torso Click to send private message to Headless%20Torso Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Amy in trouble too...."
That "whopping $6.77" check she bounced-
No doubt that hadda be a 6-pack of Heiney.

07-31-02, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hetero Skeletons"
LOL, SurvivorBlows!!
I happened to be watching the live feeds when the girls: Marci, Titsya, Cha-hora, Lisa & Dani were having a deep girl-chat about Marci's fiance. They started out as best friends, then lovers, eventually he had to be true to himself (or stylist ), and yada, yada, yada....the girls swooned and thought it the most tender of tales. Afterwards, Marci says in the DR, "I was playing them"!

Kindest Regards,
Red Lady

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-02, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Amy in trouble too...."
...didn't he mention having been engaged at some point??? Maybe he's a closet hetero who feels he has to "play gay" to be "taken seriously" as a stylist, who knows!

I see the smiley face after what you wrote, but to take you just a bit seriously here for a moment:

I don't remember if I posted this here or on another board, but there is a book out there called Sperm Wars: The Science of Sex. This book by Dr. Robin Baker, a professor in England, discusses conception from the molecular level (the chemistry of it), then goes to a more macro/social level.

This book states that among men who practice homosexuality, a full 80% also practice or have practiced heterosexuality. In other words, 80% of homosexual men are really bisexual.

Therefore, it would be not only possible and plausible, but probable that Marcellas did have the heterosexual relationship he has described.

"Pappy didn't get voted off, he got stoned!" -- dabo

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-02, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Amy in trouble too...."
hmm...maybe they should change the name of the show to Scared Straight.

Thanks for posting this info, Trish.

Gotta love the shallow, the deep will drown you -Buggy

true

07-31-02, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Amy in trouble too...."
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-02 AT 08:21 AM (EST)

I would like to make one point here. While SeeBS has screwed up royally in a couple of cases (Justin, Josh), we have to consider these criminal offenses that the hamsters are committing.

I'm not trying to justify or trivialize DUI, but a lot of young people get busted for DUI, especially ones that are lushes like Amy. Why am I *not* surprised that Amy has a few things... but there's nothing in her record that (IMHO) should prohibit her from being a BB3 contestant.

How many of you have perfect records? I don't have any DUIs or serious offenses, but I got some speeding tickets in my college days (some real point-gainers, too). I paids my fine and wents my ways. I guess I'll never be on a reality tv show with such a horrible criminal record, huh?

You can justly raise some points about allowing ChiWhora in the house with such a recent DUI charge that has not been resolved in the courts, and I'd agree with you -- from the standpoint that the case isn't resolved. I would also agree that more violent and serious incidents, such as Justin and Josh have had, should warrant red flags from the SeeBS folks. But I'm not really worried about Amy, Chiara, Hardy, or Mike Booger; they're young people that have made "young people" mistakes. It's not the end of the world.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-31-02, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Amy in trouble too...."
exactly what I was thinkin Dawg! I don't hold the DUI against Amy or Chiara for that matter (just thank goodness they didn't hurt anybody) Everyone makes mistakes and there is no reason why they shouldn't be on BB.

It is interesting how these things keep popping up, next we will find out Roddy had a sex change, Dani is really a White Woman, and Jason is really Hugh Heffner in disguise ;)

Cin

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-02, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Amy in trouble too...."
Dani's really a white woman?!?!?!?!?

Oh wooowwww!!!

-

Daytime, nighttime, anytime, things go better with Rock! - Def Leppard

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-02, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Amy in trouble too...."
Oh I agree that some of these offenses that I have posted aren't huge deals. I just like to post them, so that people are aware of them. In Chwhora's case, where that case is still pending and her court date potentially can occur when she is still in the house, I find it incrediblly stupid that CBS would cast her.

To me, these are newsworthy things for us Reality TV freaks.

Lady T-mean Uber b!tch

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-02, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Amy in trouble too...."
OK, it's time for me to confess...I was busted for illegal possession of alcohol while I was in college. There, I said it, now you know.

I agree that the offenses uncovered for Amy and Chi-whora (love that one) are not statements that these people are horrible people. What cracks me up about all this is the high-and-mighty attitude of these reality show producers, who claim that they have such a thorough background check process. Bull. I used to want to be a weathergirl because I could be wrong 70% of the time and still keep my job, but now I wanna be the person running these checks. It's obviously easier than Homer Simpson's job at the nuclear plant.

I do think the Big Brother producers were idiots to keep a contestant with a pending court case and court date during the show in the cast. There were thousands of other hamsters they could have invited into the Habit-trail instead of her. It just shows that they'll be as sleazy as they can to get publicity. Pardon me for thinking they didn't have to be THAT tacky.

Big Blowser 3 profile
Bebo: Age 23. Female Human. Lingerie Model & Bartender. Rude, mean, snotty, etc. Major breast augmentation, wears thong bikinis every day. BB3’s eye candy.
"You're an evil, evil woman Ms. Bebo. I'm sure you're used to those kind of compliments" - katem

08-01-02, 01:28 PM (EST)
14. "But, let us all remember..."
Please let's all remember that this is America and a person is innocent until proven guilty! I am no Cho-whora fan, believe me, but I do believe she deserves her day in court before we all judge her guilty.

Now, let's go back to the bashing. BTW, have you guys noticed there is hardly any activity on the FANATICS board! All the action is on BASHERS! This is one show that's more fun to bash than to worship!
Red Lady

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-02, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: But, let us all remember..."
>Please let's all remember that this
>is America and a person
>is innocent until proven guilty!
> I am no Cho-whora
>fan, believe me, but I
>do believe she deserves her
>day in court before we
>all judge her guilty.

I don't even care if she's guilty or innocent. I just think it's stupid that the producers of Big Brother think they're more important than that day in court, and that they couldn't fit another hamster in her spot while she got judged.

The only thing I judge her on is her behavior...and based on the live feeds, she doesn't rate very well in my book. Slut.

Big Blowser 3 profile
Bebo: Age 23. Female Human. Lingerie Model & Bartender. Rude, mean, snotty, etc. Major breast augmentation, wears thong bikinis every day. BB3’s eye candy.
"You're an evil, evil woman Ms. Bebo. I'm sure you're used to those kind of compliments" - katem

08-01-02, 03:28 PM (EST)
17. "RE: But, let us all remember..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-02 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

I agree with Bebo (no new thing under the sun, eh? ). And, like I said above, my issue with the ChiWhora DUI thing is that it is not resolved through the legal process yet. If she has a court date, then dawggone it, she should be there for the court date!

What probably happened is that SeeBS didn't think it worth the effort to get an alternate in there on such short notice. So they went with ChiWhora.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if ChiWhora prostituted herself with the producers to stay on the show...

08-01-02, 04:16 PM (EST)
18. "RE: But, let us all remember..."
"Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if ChiWhora prostituted herself with the producers to stay on the show..."

Now there's an answer we can ALL agree on!
Chi-whora has shown a "measure" of success in this regard!

Friendly Regards,
Red Lady

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-02, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Amy in trouble too...."
I wonder if this is the "court date" that she mentioned when talking about the fight where she injured her sister.

- This Space For Rent

Daytime, nighttime, anytime, things go better with Rock! - Def Leppard

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-01-02, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Amy in trouble too...."
I don't think people care much about these kinds of things anymore. At one time, a publicized sexual indiscretion would immediately doom a presidential hopeful (remember Gary Hart?). Bill Clinton did a lot of dodging during his first campaign after Gennifer Flowers came out. Many people thought he was finished. In the end, people didn't care about that, all the rest of his affairs, or even the technical obstruction of justice and perjury that nearly got him impeached.

As someone else said, this is not to belittle DUI. But I haven't heard any public hue and cry demanding that heads roll at CBS.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •