The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

pirategrrl 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-28-01, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pirategrrl Click to send private message to pirategrrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote."
I have been reading about Silas' vote for Frank in previous threads so I went to cbs.com and looked at his voting history. Under the episode five slot when he voted with Boran for Silas, under the column "Votes Against Frank" all it has is a slash. For none. Whats up with that?
Here's where I found that: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor3/survivors/voting_history/frank.shtml

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote... PepeLePew13 11-28-01 1
 RE: CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote... dabo 11-28-01 2
   RE: CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote... PepeLePew13 11-28-01 3
       RE: CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote... sleeeve 11-28-01 4
           RE: CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote... dabo 11-28-01 6
       RE: CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote... dabo 11-28-01 5
           RE: CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote... ivoryElephant 11-28-01 7
 And can someone explain this one...... anotherkim 11-28-01 8
   RE: And can someone explain this on... diamond 11-28-01 9
       RE: And can someone explain this on... zzz 11-28-01 10
           RE: And can someone explain this on... dabo 11-28-01 11
               I take that back dabo 11-28-01 12
                   RE: I take that back zzz 11-28-01 13
                       RE: I take that back Lightmage81 11-28-01 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-28-01, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote."
WTF... you're right, pirategrrl, it does show no prior votes for Frank on that page as per your link.

However, on the whole tribal council voting history page (with the below link), it shows that Silas did vote for Frank.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor3/show/tcvh.shtml

Is there a new rule that once JiffyProbe announces the remaining votes doesn't need to be read, it doesn't count anymore -- or is this just a bad typo by the CBS goofs?

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-01, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote."
Interesting, also interesting that CBS listed the revue show as Nov. 28 (Wed.) rather than Nov. 29 (Thu.). Either someone who updates the CBS site really doesn't give a damn, or there is some quirky junk going on to throw off the spoilers. My guess would be that someone involved in posting stuff at CBS really isn't interested, but who knows? Like last season, some folks are expecting a regular episode this Thursday instead of a filler, maybe they're just screwing with people to keep the interest up!

SMILES ARE FREE.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-01, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote."
Could be... but an awfully good way to piss people off and turn them over to Friends if somehow it turns out to be a Wednesday filler and a LOT of people miss this... or people skip the Thursday show expecting it to be a filler but it's an actual episode.

On the other side of the coin... people seeing this notice of a filler on Wednesday and a "all new show" on Thursday on the CBS website would tune in on Thursday expecting a new show, and then they say "WTF? THIS ISN'T NEW!! Dang, I'm missing the opening of Friends now!"

A potential public relations fiasco in the making.

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-28-01, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote."
Apparently, this was a typo, and a graphical goof.

Basically, CBS has a graphic that they leave on the main page all season that says "New Episode, This Thursday". It just sits there, and if you click on it, it takes you to the official Survivor page. They never update it (but they should have this week, cause, while the Ep *is* new, the content is not).

The date for the review episode was a typo that was fixed within 24 hours to reflect the Thursday air date.

Chris Ender (CBS spokesman) has apologized for the technical goof and verified that Thursday will be the review episode... hmmmmm... maybe someone should contact him about the goof with Frank's previous votes, as well.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

11-28-01, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote."
Technically, I would suppose, the recap episode is a new episode, even though it contains previously seen footage (it therefore wouldn't be "all new"), since it is a formatted variation of the material which hasn't previously been aired (and contains 50% previously unseen material). Those who are paying for the Suvivor Insider material might want to check out how much of the new material may be things that were presented via Survivor Insider, however.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

11-28-01, 01:48 AM (EST)
5. "RE: CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote."
Same thing happened last season when the filler was on Wed. because of college basketball (the second Wed. show, actually), many folks thought there would be a regular ep. on Thursday but CBS was covered. CBS isn't interested in us fanatics, they are dead certain they have us, so they're screwing with the casuals however they can to keep them tuning in.

Is "Friends" still on?

SMILES ARE FREE.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-28-01, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS.com and Frank's hidden vote."
99% of the people in the cbs chat rooms also believe there is a filler episode tonight and a regular show Thursday. I tried telling them the truth but they didn't believe me.
I think there are going to be a lot of dissappointed folks.

"What a twisted web we weave when at first we practice to deceive"

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-01, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "And can someone explain this one......?"
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor3/survivors/voting_history/silas.shtml

If you look at the names under the picture, some of them ar boxed in the original tribal colors (Lex, Kelly, Frank, Teresa, and Tom) and others are in the hideous Matezuma colors (Brandon, Ethan , Clarence, and the Kims). I clicked on them to see if the colors changd as you link through them, but they didn't.

Just curious.

Kim

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-28-01, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: And can someone explain this one......?"
The players that were switched have the colors of their original tribes (before the switch) under their pictures. The players that were not switched have have only Moto Maji green.

"One of the few consistent pleasures of "Survival," we reflect, comes with watching the loathsome contestants get hurt. Does that make us bad people?" - Jeff Stark, Salon.com

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-28-01, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: And can someone explain this one......?"
That states what CBS has done--but it does not explain why. It still makes no sense to me.

11-28-01, 01:59 PM (EST)
11. "RE: And can someone explain this one......?"
Weird that some of those weren't changed, maybe it can be chalked up to laziness on someone's part (obviously, some of them were changed, why not all?), the mix of changed versus not changed doesn't seem to have any pattern whatsoever.

11-28-01, 02:02 PM (EST)
12. "I take that back"
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-01 AT 02:06 PM (EST)

Soon as I posted I realized there is a pattern, the ones that weren't changed were the ones who switched tribes in episode 5, as diamond pointed out. Could these have just been skipped somehow because they were already changed once before? Were they maybe changed back (someone would have to know if they were different prior to the merge, I don't recall)?

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-28-01, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I take that back"
I think I have this silly mystery figured out. If you click on "Survivors" on the front page you get all 16 people in two groupings--Samburu and Boran (based on new tribe). Those that made it to Moto Maji are outlined in green and those that did not are outlined in their "new" tribe colors (or only tribe colors). If you switched, however, your name is also outlined in the color of your "old" tribe. It appears that they just took the pictures and names from this page for the page in question without changing any of the colors. But in the format on the other page it makes no sense.

This analysis, if correct, demontrates again how sloppy and lazy the website people are. I suppose there is a lot of material on the website, but careful editing would be helpful--but I guess too much to ask for. Even though it is the "official" site, it is just not 100% reliable.

Lightmage81 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-28-01, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lightmage81 Click to send private message to Lightmage81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I take that back"
Smells of GervaseX and Liz/Amber final2....

someone should check the source code....

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •