The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Scripted!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-06, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Scripted!"
I think this is unique enough to stand on its own, but feel free to lock Bebo if you think otherwise. I mean, Bebo, feel free to lock. I don't think any of us should feel free to lock Bebo.

Courtesy of MJ's Big Blog, here is an Access Hollywood article about the "Taylor forced to choose" incident.

Don't think Taylor picking the "safe" group was of his own accord. During the commercial break, Executive Producer, Nigel Lythgoe, filled Taylor in on the fake-out handshake to Chris Daughtry and which group to choose.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Scripted! Maroonclown 04-21-06 1
   RE: Scripted! nailbone 04-21-06 2
       RE: Scripted! Maroonclown 04-21-06 4
 RE: Scripted! priestdi 04-21-06 3
 RE: Scripted! emydi 04-21-06 5
   RE: Scripted! LisaPles 04-21-06 6
       Not that I want to defend Seacrust geg6 04-21-06 9
           RE: Not that I want to defend Seacr... nailbone 04-21-06 10
           RE: Scripted LisaPles 04-21-06 14
       RE: Scripted! Devious Weasel 04-21-06 15
 RE: Scripted! Glow 04-21-06 7
   RE: Scripted! tamarama 04-21-06 8
       RE: Scripted! nailbone 04-21-06 11
       RE: Scripted! Devious Weasel 04-21-06 13
           RE: Scripted! tamarama 04-21-06 16
       RE: Scripted! sica077 04-23-06 19
           RE: Scripted! halfpintlemon 04-24-06 22
               RE: Scripted! sica077 04-24-06 23
 RE: Scripted! Magnolia_Rocker 04-21-06 12
   Agree, totally singer 04-21-06 17
       RE: Agree, totally nailbone 04-21-06 18
           RE: Agree, totally finallytyping 04-23-06 20
 RE: Scripted! jazzyjeff 04-24-06 21
 RE: Scripted! Tahj 04-24-06 24
   RE: Scripted! bookwomanblue 04-24-06 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Scripted!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-06 AT 10:27 AM (EST)

As I stated in another thread, I knew something was fishy. It just looked too weird. His handshake to Chris was almost one of those fake-out ones.

It's too nerve-wracking up there for the Idols to think that quickly as to which group they will choose. No time for strategy when your future is on the line.

He was told, plain and simple. And probably because they didn't want another George Huffman debacle on thier hands.

arkie spring thing

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Scripted!"
George Huff

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Scripted!"
Noted. I called him Huffman in the other thread too. But I won't feel stupid because I'm rather pleased that I remembered even that much from the previous seasons.

arkie spring thing

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-21-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Scripted!"

I really detest the producers for crap like this.

They suck so much fun out of it for me.

I don't need more reasons to be cynical about the world. This totally undermines the things I originally liked about the show.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Scripted!"
I KNEW IT!!!!!

LAM-O

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-21-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Scripted!"
I am so sick of Ryan Dorkcrest and his little dog and pony shows!
I really don't know how the adult contestants can handle the indignity of it all!
The format of the show was so bad to begin with and now it's old and tired. I don't even care about watching the rest of this season. As far as production is concerned, I think this show is the worst!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Not that I want to defend Seacrust"
But it's not his thing. Blame the producers. He's just another member of the dog and pony show.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

04-21-06, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Not that I want to defend Seacrust"
Seacrust - dog or pony?

Sig by Arkie!!

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Scripted"
>But it's not his thing.
>Blame the producers. He's
>just another member of the
>dog and pony show.

Yes, you are absolutely right. Ryan's just the ringmaster! I think he often adds insult to injury with his stupid comments. I wonder how much of his schtick is scripted and how much is improv.

I agree that the older contestants aren't going to want to play along with the producers stupid games. I would really like to see some rebellion going on to stir things up a bit! Now that might make this season interesting.

04-21-06, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Scripted!"
Not only was it not his idea, if anything, it seems like the point was to put Seacrest on the spot. So yeah, I don't think I would be blaming him.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Scripted!"
Doesn't surprise me especially since Taylor looked like he was about to tell them all to fvck off.

an arkie work of art

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-21-06, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Scripted!"
I got that impression too --

I think you're not going to get any of the "older" contestants to go along as blithely as George did (poor George, that sucked) -- and they didn't want another Bo incident (standing between the groups, which was awesome) so I'm not surprised they would plan something.

Still sucks.

I hope that now they'll abide by the rule of 3's and NEVER do that again.

04-21-06, 02:48 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Scripted!"
Rule of 3's? What's that?

Sig by Arkie!!

04-21-06, 02:56 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Scripted!"
I'm not so sure anymore that Bo decided to stand in the middle by himself. I bet that was scripted too.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Scripted!"
Could be, Dweeze, wouldn't surprise me.

The rule of 3's is a comedy/theater thing...

If you're going to use a gag, use it 3 times. Twice isn't enough to establish it as a 'bit', and 4 times is too many, not funny anymore.

(of course, this 'bit' wasn't EVER funny.)

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-06, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Scripted!"
I must have missed the boat (and the season) on George Huff...what happened??

halfpintlemon 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-24-06, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail halfpintlemon Click to send private message to halfpintlemon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Scripted!"
It was season...3? Yeah I'm gonna go with season 3 and after Ryan had formed 2 groups of 3, George Huff was asked which group he thought was safe and to join that group. George, not knowing which one was safe, went to the bottom three instead of the top three. If it rings any bells, this is the week that Fantasia, Latoya London, and Jennifer Hudson were all in the bottom three.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-06, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Scripted!"
Ahh, I see. Thanks for the update! I felt out of the loop!

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-21-06, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Scripted!"
I don't care how much they try to deny it every reality TV show is scripted in one form or another. They can say all day long that it isn't and I won't believe them.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Agree, totally"
Magnolia Rocker.

The directing, editing, and scripting thing appears on every show.

And if they are going to edit things or even rig votes (my subjective belief), why don't they make sure that the best singers make it to the finals?

Instead, they focus on trying to make the contestants feel bad, like with the Taylor incident. I wish he had thrown a tomato at the producers.

--Singer

04-21-06, 04:22 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Agree, totally"
But at the same time, if it's that scripted, he shouldn't feel bad. Basically, he's been told "go stand by those ones over there". He doesn't have to make the choice of who's top 3 or who's bottom 3. And if even the handshake deal was planned ahed of time, that makes it even less likely that he'd feel bad.

Sig by Arkie!!

finallytyping 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-23-06, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Agree, totally"
The script can really backfire on a contestant.

I started watching AI in season 2. There was a female contestant who had red streaked hair, in a calmed down punk style. I remember her having the typical sit and chat with Seacrest after her performance. He got her to say something negative about Simon (I think) and it ended up being a factor in her getting the boot. I wasn't lurking here at the time so it might have already been discussed to death. I did feel sorry for her.

jazzyjeff 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-24-06, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jazzyjeff Click to send private message to jazzyjeff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Scripted!"
I think that 90% of everything is now scripted. This year it seems like more and more of the show is set ahead of time.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-24-06, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Scripted!"
I think it would be great if one of them actually had the guts to say, "No, I refuse to do it," then tell them to quit playing silly little games.

Moves courtesy of Syren

bookwomanblue 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-24-06, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bookwomanblue Click to send private message to bookwomanblue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Scripted!"
They may want to do that, but this is their shot at a major recording contract. At this stage, they don't want to blow it by not going along with the flow!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •