The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dark Shadows"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-03-04, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dark Shadows"
Time-jumping vampire does it again!

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|86120|1|,00.html

WB Hopes to Hide in 'Dark Shadows'
(Monday, February 02 01:49 PM)
By Daniel Fienberg

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - If P.T. Barnum were looking over the history of The WB, he might note that a bloodsucker is born every minute.

The WB is looking to sire a new vampire franchise, reportedly greenlighting a new version of the popular daytime serial "Dark Shadows," which first aired on ABC from 1966 to '71. NBC resurrected the franchise for a short-lived primetime revival in '91.

Original "Dark Shadows" creator Dan Curtis and "ER" and "West Wing" producer John Wells are the creative forces behind the WB update, along with Mark Verheiden ("Smallville"), who wrote the pilot.

Is there room for two vampires in The WB's drama family? Joss Whedon's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" shared time on the network's schedule for two seasons, before "Buffy" migrated to UPN. Since that time, the David Boreanaz supernatural private eye drama has had the monopoly on the network's share of stakings, bloodlust and holy water aversion.

It remains to be seen how many new high concept franchise-type dramas The WB is going to have room for next fall, particularly considering the failures of heavily promoted series like "Birds of Prey" and "Tarzan." In the fall, the network spend big money for the rights to develop a new version of "Lost in Space"

One thing that's for sure is that even if this "Dark Shadows" remake never makes it to the air, there will always be undead yarns for The WB to unspool.

NBC aired their version on Friday nights. Not a bad move if you are aiming for a very young or family viewership, but the sexy vixens on that prime-time DS were clearly there to attract a viewing audience that often doesn't spend Friday evening in front of a TV.

Well, as long as they don't air it opposite Survivor, y'know.
SMILES ARE FREE

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dark Shadows AugustGirl 02-05-04 1
   RE: Dark Shadows Ahtumbreez 02-06-04 2
       RE: Dark Shadows dabo 02-09-04 4
           RE: Dark Shadows Ahtumbreez 02-11-04 7
 RE: Dark Shadows Swami 02-07-04 3
   RE: Dark Shadows dabo 02-09-04 5
 RE: Dark Shadows Angelfood 02-10-04 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-04, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dark Shadows"
I was very upset when NBC yanked the primetime Dark Shadows, especially since they left the plot hanging. I really hope a new version comes along. I'll watch it.

as long as it's not opposite Survivor.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dark Shadows"
Same here August, I liked the primetime version too. Hope the WB does it justice.
TummyBreez

a beautiful kyngsladye original
Proud Member of the RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Group

02-09-04, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dark Shadows"
No kidding, the last episode ended with the trap door falling open at the hanging, we never did get to find out what happened after that.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 08:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dark Shadows"
dabo - it's scary that you remember that
TummyBreez

a beautiful kyngsladye original
Proud Member of the RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Group

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-04, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dark Shadows"
I loved the original Dark Shadows! I saw the last two years of it--the only soap I have ever been hooked on. In the 70s, the whole concept of vampires & time travel & stuff was so unexpected in afternoon TV especially. Now it is unremarkable. I sure hope they are successful in reviving it. I loved Barnabas!

I think Lost in Space was pretty lame, but I don't really remember. I know the family watched it, but even as a little kid I could tell the science was sooo bad. I mean realllly bad. Hans Conreid was a neat evil villian, and the robot was funny. I thought the cute kid sucked--but then I didn't like boys in those days.

I love you Richard, but don't unpack.

02-09-04, 11:48 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Dark Shadows"
The first year of LIS was fairly well written, after that they dumbed it down a lot.

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-10-04, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dark Shadows"
wow.
I was Obsessed with it in 94-95? on the scifi channel.
Oh, the dreams I've had. I loved Nicholas the best. (the warlock/sorcerer that controlled Angelique). He's hot!
No, I dunno why. I'm weird that way.

Oh, yeah, the primetime version. Did i see that?
Wasn't that late 90's? Now, I gotta look it up.

Oh, and some of my fave gals into it as well - too cool.
thanks dabo.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •