The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Will The Cast be off Thursday?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

lrlr1 512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-12-05, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lrlr1 Click to send private message to lrlr1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Will The Cast be off Thursday?"
Saw in a post where a broken ankle (in a cast) takes about 6 weeks to heal. I read also that it is 6 months between the end of the final challenge and the final live show. Since Rebecca has garnered a lot of sympathy votes by wearing her cast for most of the 13 week(?) Apprentice season, think she will have it off by apprentice-naming time on Thursday?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Will The Cast be off Thursday? Ricky 12-14-05 1
   RE: Will The Cast be off Thursday? lrlr1 12-15-05 2
 RE: Will The Cast be off Thursday? lindan 12-15-05 3
   RE: Will The Cast be off Thursday? lrlr1 12-15-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-14-05, 02:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Will The Cast be off Thursday?"
Yeah, it seems like she's been in that cast and using crutches forever. She better be out of it for the finale!

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

12-15-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lrlr1 Click to send private message to lrlr1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Will The Cast be off Thursday?"
Since tonight is the live finale, I want to clear something up. I started this thread tongue-in-cheek. What prompted me was the praise Rebecca has received from DT and posters everywhere for coming to work with a cast on her ankle. I was thinking of the millions of physically disabled people who come to work in wheelchairs, minus limbs (forever), on walkers, the cancer-fighters I have personally known who come to work during remission. They come to work because they need the paycheck to live. They receive no special favors. No one on the job is expected to take up their slack because of their physical disability. They do the job or they are fired because they are physically unable to do it, or even if they fall under the protection of the American Disabilities Act, they are subjected to subtle and not so subtle forms of harassment to get them to quit (and I know they can sue, but quiet as it's kept, MOST people with cause do not). So this is why I am seemingly making fun of Rebecca's broken ankle. Out of solidarity with those whom no one praises for coming to work with a permanent physical disability.

lindan 270 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-15-05, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lindan Click to send private message to lindan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Will The Cast be off Thursday?"
She never wore a cast in any of her confession scenes. If the confession scenes are filmed after all the tasks are over (can somebody please verify this? Does anyone knows when are the confession scenes filmed?), it implies her ankle is healed completely already.

12-15-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Will The Cast be off Thursday?"
I'm pretty sure the confessionals are filmed duri the tasks. When Marshawn was telling why she didn't want to do the Star Wars presentation, she looked anxious and worried. She looked well rested and calm when after she had been fired, she admitted in a confessional that she had made a huge mistake by not doing it.

But I want to make clear it was not that Rebecca had worn a cast for 5 or 10 weeks that I started this thread. It was the PRAISE that was bothering me. I felt the need to point out that by wearing a cast to work for a few weeks, Rebecca was doing nothing that millions of the working disabled don't do every day of their working lives.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •