URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 1865
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Will The Cast be off Thursday?"

Posted by lrlr1 on 12-12-05 at 09:04 PM
Saw in a post where a broken ankle (in a cast) takes about 6 weeks to heal. I read also that it is 6 months between the end of the final challenge and the final live show. Since Rebecca has garnered a lot of sympathy votes by wearing her cast for most of the 13 week(?) Apprentice season, think she will have it off by apprentice-naming time on Thursday?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Will The Cast be off Thursday?"
Posted by Ricky on 12-14-05 at 02:08 AM
Yeah, it seems like she's been in that cast and using crutches forever. She better be out of it for the finale!

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

Posted by lrlr1 on 12-15-05 at 11:40 AM
Since tonight is the live finale, I want to clear something up. I started this thread tongue-in-cheek. What prompted me was the praise Rebecca has received from DT and posters everywhere for coming to work with a cast on her ankle. I was thinking of the millions of physically disabled people who come to work in wheelchairs, minus limbs (forever), on walkers, the cancer-fighters I have personally known who come to work during remission. They come to work because they need the paycheck to live. They receive no special favors. No one on the job is expected to take up their slack because of their physical disability. They do the job or they are fired because they are physically unable to do it, or even if they fall under the protection of the American Disabilities Act, they are subjected to subtle and not so subtle forms of harassment to get them to quit (and I know they can sue, but quiet as it's kept, MOST people with cause do not). So this is why I am seemingly making fun of Rebecca's broken ankle. Out of solidarity with those whom no one praises for coming to work with a permanent physical disability.

Posted by lindan on 12-15-05 at 12:22 PM
She never wore a cast in any of her confession scenes. If the confession scenes are filmed after all the tasks are over (can somebody please verify this? Does anyone knows when are the confession scenes filmed?), it implies her ankle is healed completely already.

Posted by lrlr1 on 12-15-05 at 02:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the confessionals are filmed duri the tasks. When Marshawn was telling why she didn't want to do the Star Wars presentation, she looked anxious and worried. She looked well rested and calm when after she had been fired, she admitted in a confessional that she had made a huge mistake by not doing it.

But I want to make clear it was not that Rebecca had worn a cast for 5 or 10 weeks that I started this thread. It was the PRAISE that was bothering me. I felt the need to point out that by wearing a cast to work for a few weeks, Rebecca was doing nothing that millions of the working disabled don't do every day of their working lives.