The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-06-06, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Gay Idol Journal – Country Week
by Larry Todd Johnson

Idle Thoughts: First of all, thanks to those of you who dragged me screaming out of my hiatus from all-things-reality. For those of you who had suspected I had fallen off the face of the Earth, the truth is… I did. (And for those of you who have never done it, I must warn that it is every bit as painful as it sounds.) Rest assured, I have clawed my way back to the Earth, and with my dietician, masseur, personal trainer, and guru have brought myself to an even more pristine state than previous. (And my pecs are huge.)

For those of you who wish to avoid falling off the face of the Earth, I offer the following tips:

1. Never trust a man who tells you he didn’t call you over the weekend because he lost his phone. Or the battery died.
2. Never trust a man who tells you he just likes to flirt and would never cheat on you. And that his hands were just down some guy’s pants because he was fixing the guy’s VPL (visible panty lines.)
3. Never trust a man who tells you that guy he’s spending all sorts of time with at your expense is ‘just a friend.’ And the fact that they have matching cold sores is just a coincidence.
4. Never trust a man who says he spends all sorts of time in the sauna at the gym with his friend to ‘help him relax.’
5. Never trust a man who (fill in your reason here.)
6. You get the picture.

Idol Thoughts: Before we discuss the contestants… lets talk about the biggest Fashion Citation of the night. What in the hell happened to Kenny Rogers’ face? I swear he is completely unrecognizable. Was he in some tragic fire that I wasn’t aware of? If not… then someone please keep him off the plastic surgeon’s table again… before he starts to look like Jocelyn Wildenstein… or worse <shudder> Bruce Jenner!

This Week’s Diva Rankings

1. Kellie
To be clear, I want to state for the record that Kellie is not one of my favorites. However, this column does not play favorites, it simply gives credit where credit is due. It is country week, after all… and Kellie looked fierce, sang confidently and aggressively, and owned the stage. Her sleek blonde hair was spot-on… her black jeans were appropriately tight… and the red roushed silk back-lace bustier was modern and sexy as hell, while still giving off a ‘saloon whore’ vibe that was song appropriate. She may never win this title again, but for this week, Diva of the Week goes to Miss Kelly Pickler.

2. Chris
Chris was a Diva runner-up tonight for a few reasons. I loved his jeans, his wide leather buckled cuff, his silver cross necklace, and especially his raw-edged army green fitted shirt. I also loved his severely pointed brown leather boots. Best male outfit of the night. (I want to buy that one for myself.) My quibble remains with his odd facial hair, and the constant mutation of its shape. This week, it was in the form of a spotty goatee. Sweetie, if you can’t grow a real goatee, then don’t even try. And what’s up with his tiny manicured comma-shaped eyebrows? Someone take the tweezers away from this newborn metrosexual before he drifts into drag queen territory.

3. Ace
Listen, I’m as shallow as the next guy (let’s be honest, I’m probably shallower than the next guy, unless the next guy happens to be my ex-boyfriend) and I have to admit Ace ranks this high just because I want to sleep with him. And I do mean sleep… with the appropriate period of cuddling, mussing each other’s hair, and fighting over who gets the blankets. (Now his BROTHER, on the other hand, I’d like to bone. But that’s another story.) So now that this confession is out of the way… this week he did not disappoint. He wore a sexy black fitted dress shirt, dress jeans, and a big shiny rhinestone belt buckle that screamed ‘here’s Ace’s crotch!’ (as if we needed a reason to stare at his crotch.) I’m not completely loving the extreme center part in his hair recently… but that’s a minor concern really. Mostly I just think he’s… dreamy. Now if we could just do something about his nervous quivering, his whiny singing voice, and his deer-in-the-headlights stare, and maybe he’d be a credible performer.

4. Brokeback Bucky
It’s a complete fluke this week that Bucky ranks this high on my list, don’t expect it to happen again. Here’s what happened… Bucky came out in a light brown butter-suede jacket, taupe western shirt, dark distressed jeans and boots… and I immediately was transported to Brokeback Mountain, imagining him in my tent. (In the tent, it would be dark, so I couldn’t see his snaggled teeth and spotty blonde facial hair.) So… he’s no Heath Ledger… but anyone who goes to such length to imitate the wardrobe from the most romantic gay mainstream film of all time, has to get some Diva points from me. (I’m sure the totally gay wardrobe guy lisped ‘the jacket HASSSS to be fawn butter-suede!)

5. Paris
Imagewise, Paris is not one of my favorites so far this season. But girl had a good night, so I have to give her props. The short sassy ‘natural’ looking hairstyle was the best one yet (many of them have been atrocious.) I liked her big sassy brown suede boots, her jeans, and her many-buttoned white poofy blouse. And I didn’t detest the chunky metal charm-bracelet belt, though it was a bit silly. What I hated, however, was her odd brown suede lace-front bustier (which really resembled the hideous one Daniel designed for Chloe this season on Project Runway, and might have been booted off for it, had he nod won immunity.) It was unflattering… and it made the white shirt bunch up underneath in an unappealing way. Still, all-in-all, a much-improved night for Paris.

6. Elliott
The most improved contestant, however, is Elliott. I loved the maroon dress shirt (with French cuffs!) that he wore over a black graphic-T. I also loved the well-fitting blasted jeans (a vast improvement over the ridiculously-baggy ones he used to wear.) And his hair is infinitely better now that it is longer… and no longer has that oddly precise cropped hairline. Unfortunately, he still has a long way to go. If only Extreme Makeover was a Fox show, perhaps there would be hope for Elliott. Imagine… Twelve new DaVinci Porcelain Veneers! Ears pinned back! Nose refined and reshaped! Oddly shaped facial hair removed forever by laser! The list goes on and on…

7. Taylor
Taylor stood stiffly at center stage and sang ‘Country Roads’ in a completely tick-free performance that was perhaps the most boring one by anyone so far this season. (Did he take a sedative or something? Is there medication for Tourette’s?) Frankly I preferred him when he spasmed and whooped. Equally dull was his wardrobe. His boxy black jacket, black and grey striped shirt, and dark jeans did nothing for him (though I do like his newly-shorter grey hair.) On a side note, I’ve noticed that he sometimes appears constipated and furrowed when he sings challenging high notes. A bit of Botox between the eyes would cure that. I know your only 29, Taylor, but you already look 40. You’d better start de-aging now before it’s too late.

8. Katherine
Poor misguided Katherine is perhaps the most beautiful girl in the competition… and arguably the most beautiful American Idol finalist ever. So why is she constantly making such frumpy wardrobe choices? Yes, we know you are hippy, girl, we don’t care! We love your ample #####! As of FOUR YEARS AGO curves are back in (didn’t you get the memo?) We like your figure, don’t feel like you have to hide it! This week’s frumpy choice included a pale suede cropped-waist jacket, which might have been sexy were it not layered over a long baggy purple t-shirt. Her jeans were okay… but I think the ripped center thigh thing isn’t really working for her; I’d like to see something a bit more classy. And one final diss… that had to be the stupidest song I’ve ever heard in my life. I got every word (her diction was fine) but the lyrics seemed to be strung together in some indecipherable pattern. I thought perhaps Katherine got them wrong, then I went online to get the lyrics, and indeed she sang every nonsensical word correctly. (There’s a cheer within a jeer for you, Kat!) On a more positive note: her hair and makeup, as always, were gorgeous.

9. Mandisa
Well, the voters sure got this one right, because Mandisa earned the biggest Fashion Citation of the night. If I were to choose an outfit for her that would be an example of the worst possible wardrobe choice she could make, it probably still wouldn’t have been as hideous as this monstrosity. How hideous was it? Let me count the ways. First, any woman of her size should know to NEVER EVER wear vertical stripes. Secondly, the asymmetrical hem on the top, longer on the outside than the inside, is exactly the opposite of the correct choice for her figure… it had the effect of widening her at the hips. (Had she gone with a top that came to a ‘V’ instead of an inverted ‘V,’ it would have downplayed her hips.) Thirdly, the pattern was unforgivable. It frankly looked like the tacky 70’s wallpaper that you immediately scrape off as soon as you but your fixer-upper home. Or like the rick-rack throw rugs my drunk mother used to crochet out of old scraps of yarn in various shades of brown and orange. Finally, the jeans were unflatteringly ill-fitting, the hair was mushroom-like, and her exposed arms flapped like wings long after the song was completed. Voted out 4/5/06, and I say, good riddance!

Conspiracy theory of the week: After the gay stylist heard Mandisa’s ‘lifestyle’ slam last week… this week he came to her and said… ‘Honey, have I got the outfit for you!”

Gay Idol Journal is a RealityTVWorld.com exclusive! That being said, feel free to forward it anywhere, as long as you credit me!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week tig_ger 04-06-06 1
 Lar-ry, Lar-ry Java 04-06-06 2
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week Snidget 04-06-06 3
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week samboohoo 04-06-06 4
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week shanana banana 04-06-06 5
 Yipee, Yipee, Yipee! strid333 04-06-06 6
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week brvnkrz 04-06-06 7
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week udg 04-06-06 8
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week irishrose 04-06-06 9
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week aquariaqueen 04-06-06 10
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week priestdi 04-06-06 11
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week frisky 04-06-06 12
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week dangerkitty 04-06-06 13
   My goodness! AyaK 04-07-06 23
       RE: My goodness! dangerkitty 04-07-06 30
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week sylvester 04-06-06 14
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week CattyChat 04-07-06 15
 Larry, you are... singer 04-07-06 16
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week Glow 04-07-06 17
 Can't......breath..... Magnolia_Rocker 04-07-06 18
   RE: Can't......breath..... khern 04-07-06 29
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week archon 04-07-06 19
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week Maroonclown 04-07-06 20
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week nailbone 04-07-06 21
   YAY!! niteowl 04-07-06 22
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week zazzy 04-07-06 24
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week Tahj 04-07-06 25
   RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week dottcomm 04-07-06 26
       RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week Tahj 04-07-06 33
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week seahorse 04-07-06 27
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week khern 04-07-06 28
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week pinksparkleguitar 04-07-06 31
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week Devious Weasel 04-07-06 32
   Agree AyaK 04-08-06 37
   RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week tenmeters 04-08-06 38
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week true 04-07-06 34
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week finallytyping 04-08-06 35
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week Rhyn 04-08-06 36
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week TruGoodness 04-09-06 39
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week tenmeters 04-09-06 40
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week rjrabbit 04-09-06 41
 Yay!!!! Breezy 04-10-06 42
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week emydi 04-10-06 43
 Question tenmeters 04-11-06 44
   RE: Question Tahj 04-11-06 46
   RE: Question TODDLJ 04-11-06 47
       RE: Question Tahj 04-11-06 49
       RE: Question tenmeters 04-11-06 50
   RE: Question anotherkim 04-11-06 48
       RE: Question tenmeters 04-11-06 51
 RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week TanNymph 04-11-06 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-06-06, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
I haven't been enjoying AI nearly as much this season - and I just realized that it is because I hadn't read your journal.

I fully subscribe to your conspiracy theory re: Mandisa - I about fell out of my chair when I saw what she was wearing. I tried to discuss the travesty with my DH - but he is uninterested.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for coming back to bless us with your comments! I missed you so much!!!! This season of AI is already ever so much better!!!

A Kyngsladye Original

Java 519 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-06-06, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Java Click to send private message to Java Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Lar-ry, Lar-ry"
The clouds have parted, the sun is shining... yes, Larry is back! And as usual, spot on. So glad you and your giant pecs are back.

"Brokeback Bucky"

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-06, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
*Smooooch*

Clawing your way back to earth only made those claws better and sharper.

Loved every minute of it.

I need to go back to the park and ride and steal the 2QT2BSTR8 Bumper Sticker off the car that parked next to me for you. Or do you need a car, I could just send the whole thing.

Can't wait for next week. I mean what will those stylists do these people with "Queen" as the theme. Hmmm...Maybe that explains Chris's eyebrows.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Yipppeeeee! You are back!

It's Arkie Love

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Larry, it's good to see you back -- loved the journal!!!

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-06-06, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Yipee, Yipee, Yipee!"
I'm dancing the happy dance here!

Three is the perfect number.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Conspiracy theory of the week: After the gay stylist heard Mandisa’s ‘lifestyle’ slam last week… this week he came to her and said… ‘Honey, have I got the outfit for you!”

LMAO, this made me snort out loud. Applause.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-06-06, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
It's great to see you back! GIJ always makes me smile.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

irishrose 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-06-06, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail irishrose Click to send private message to irishrose Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-06 AT 08:45 PM (EST)

Great GIJ just what we all needed. Totaly agree about Mandisa, we were all talking about"the Outfit" at work. The Conspiracy Theory would explain it. Thanks Larry.

Oh Yeah I almost forgot Kenny was looking a little Odd. What the heck kind of BAD surgery did he have. Me thinks he now needs extream makeover to fix his face. I agree Taylor had to be on Meds. There were no Joe Cocker ticks in sight it was kind weird to see him like stand still.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-06-06, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Thank you for taking the time and energy to create your journal....I have always loved it...you have great talent and perspective.

Glad you're back on the earth again.

priestdi 378 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-06-06, 10:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail priestdi Click to send private message to priestdi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy to see you back!!

And I'm still smiling (I was laughing). I couldn't wait to see what you'd say about Mandisa, and to a lesser extent Katharine ... aaagh. thanks.

I'm also so bummed for you that your ex was such a total turd.

I hope our total adoration of you helps?

And .. so it's OK for me to post this over on my MSN board, with the proper byline and the link?

Last season, I always took the time to paste in all the pics to properly illustrate it.

I'll be sure to encourage people to respond to you -- or at least, I'll copy their reponses back to you here, with their permission.

It's kind of a straight crowd, lol, over there.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
All is right with the world again! Thank you thank you thank you for coming back! Hopefully by making our lives better, yours will get better! *smooch*

I *heart* you, Larry. I could have told you men couldn't be trusted. If I were a man, and gay, I'd do ya in a heartbeat.

Rolly made this.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-06-06, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Woo hoo, Larry! Remembering that you feed on fawning reviews that gush all over your fine self....a highlight (hard to pick only one) from each contestant:

...while still giving off a ‘saloon whore’ vibe that was song appropriate

-Someone take the tweezers away from this newborn metrosexual before he drifts into drag queen territory.

**The entire paragraph about Ace**

-In the tent, it would be dark, so I couldn’t see his snaggled teeth and spotty blonde facial hair.

-If only Extreme Makeover was a Fox show, perhaps there would be hope for Elliott.

...a completely tick-free performance

**Everything you said about Katharine - thank you for applauding the curves! Curves are good! **

-If I were to choose an outfit for her that would be an example of the worst possible wardrobe choice she could make, it probably still wouldn’t have been as hideous as this monstrosity.

Come on, folks, let's give Larry what he craves! It's like that scene in "Pretty Woman" - MORE SUCKING UP!

So glad you're back, Larry, and I'm sorry you've had a rough time. You deserve the best, and you'll get it.

dangerkitty
"curvalicious"

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "My goodness!"
The return of Larry AND dangerkitty in the same thread?

*faints*

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: My goodness!"
*offers smelling salts*

Hehe, hi AyaK! I've been watching AI since the Top 24 and had to check out the board here. Just reading, but Larry brought me out of the closet, so to speak.

Nice to see you, too!

dk

sylvester 555 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-06, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvester Click to send private message to sylvester Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
This is my first season on the AI boards here, so first time I read your journal. Loved it!

Yes men suck. Can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em.

Welcome back to earth, and thank you so much for the journal!

P.S. I think Bucky is hot.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 07:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Now, THAT'S what I'm talking about!!! Welcome back, Larry. We are so happy to be able to read your words once again. You've outdone yourself and it was worth the wait . . . although I would have LOVED to hear what you would have said about some of our previously departed contestants, like Kevin "Chicken Little" Covais and Melissa "Who?" McGhee.

Thank you for coming back and brightening all of our days. You are loved by MANY!

Kind Creation of ARNutz

singer 1910 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail singer Click to send private message to singer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Larry, you are..."
completely off the chain!

I LOVE your journal.

Mandisa definitely was styled by someone who had it in for her. I shouldn't be laughing, but I am.

--Singer

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Yay! *jumps up and down*

I'm with you on Kellie being tops. Her breasts looked fabulous. I always love Chris's jeans. And when I picture me and Bucky in the greasy garage, it's always well lit.

Love it! Welcome back, Larry!

an arkie work of art

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-07-06, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Can't......breath....."
Bwahahahahahahahaha *deep breath* hahahahahahahaha

Oh Larry, thank you for starting my Friday off so well. *hugs*

Siggy thanks to Syren!

*note to self: do not read at work again or be prepared for strange looks due to uncontrollable laughter*

khern 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-07-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail khern Click to send private message to khern Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Can't......breath....."
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-06 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

Note to self killed me because I just said the same thing in my post.

archon 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-07-06, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail archon Click to send private message to archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Welcome back TODDLJ!! You have been sorely missed...

Someone take the tweezers away from this newborn metrosexual before he drifts into drag queen territory.
Love it!

Awesome... When I saw her on the stage in that outfit, all I could think of was -- WHO THE HELL IS HER STYLIST?!? Now I know...

Archon

"You can get more with a 2x4 and a kind word than with just a kind word." (Marcus, B5)

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
You rock Larry. Great to have you back in fine form.

So sorry to hear about the waste of space that was your man but it happens to the best of us. Chin up.

*smooch*

arkie spring thing

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Larry's back!!! And the Idol world is spinning properly again!

Sig by Arkie!!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Never EVER go away again!!!

niteowl 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-07-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail niteowl Click to send private message to niteowl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "YAY!!"
Larry's back and Idol is REBORN!!! Praise Larry!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-07-06, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Soooo thrilled you are back (from the ends of the earth) and that you are blessing us with your fantastic dishing!

Selfishly...I wish you would be able to recap some do's and don'ts highlights from the past few shows.... any chance? *smiling very sweetly!*

Good job on the pecs! Do we get to see a pic?

Kenny Rodgers...thought maybe the wax museum had called...but you called it better and I loved the Bruce Jenner reference!

Kellie...wonder what you think of Simon's interplay with Kellie and if you think he has the hots for her.

And while we are on the subject of Idol staff...what do u think of the Ryan "beard" comment made by Simon? Quite clever, that Simon. Many/most of us think Ryan is gay...and trying to hide it. Thoughts? And wht about Simon's eyes? Looking quite haggard lately.

Oh, by the way, did u know that Kellie ran for Miss North Carolina? I am waiting for her pagent dress to show up in a future show.

On Chris and Elliot facial hair..loved hearing your thoughts and I thought the same for many weeks.

Ace... is Ace getting the gay vote?

"Brokeback Bucky" ...thank you for putting a bow on this one! So true!

Paris's hairstyles...ITA. She looked more like the teen she is than a girl turned old before her time.

ROFL.... "I know your only 29, Taylor, but you already look 40. You’d better start de-aging now before it’s too late" ..... but we love Taylor's salt and pepper hair!

Katherine
"Yes, we know you are hippy, girl, we don’t care! We love your ample #####! As of FOUR YEARS AGO curves are back in (didn’t you get the memo?) We like your figure, don’t feel like you have to hide it!"

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Appreciate that the memo is out there! Heard about the 'skinny thins' or something like that on a morning show. Finally, media is disparaging instead of celebrating the twiggy woman.

Mandisa:

So now we know!

"Conspiracy theory of the week: After the gay stylist heard Mandisa’s ‘lifestyle’ slam last week… this week he came to her and said… ‘Honey, have I got the outfit for you!” "

Awesome effort, LTJ, loved every bit of it! Thank you!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Welcome back LT!

Sorry about the man stuff. Sometimes we queens can be the worst bitches you've ever seen.

As for Kenny. He has all that work done on his face (and hair) but leaves his huge gut hangin' out like it belonged. Straight men just don't get it.

Totally agree with your rankings.

Moves courtesy of Syren

dottcomm 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-07-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dottcomm Click to send private message to dottcomm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Kenny Rogers is str8? News to me!

04-07-06, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Yes, thank God.

Moves courtesy of Syren

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Great job Larry, I just rewatched Mel Gibson in "Conspiracy Theory" over the weekend and obviously Mandisa is one of the 5 subscribers to his list of theory's for the week. I think the other 4 were killed in some freak accidents.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

khern 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-07-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail khern Click to send private message to khern Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
OMG, I am so happy to be reading this. I should know better than to do it at work as I can't control my outbursts of laughter. The conspiracy theory on Mandissa totally sealed the deal on you being the funniest person alive. And sorry about the ex, you are better, hotter and have bigger pecs without him anyway.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-07-06, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Here Here! I agree wholeheartedly with what you said about Mandisa. I t looked like she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. She looked hideous, and her top looked like it was made out of some discarded curtains from the 70's. My husband even knows enough fashion to say "isn't she really not supposed to be wearing horizontal stripes??"

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Welcome back - spot on about Taylor and Tourettes.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-06, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Agree"
I told my daughters that I would've voted Taylor off just for this performance.

Maybe he'll be less bizarre with Queen. Maybe not.

tenmeters 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-08-06, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-06 AT 02:32 PM (EST)

but without his epilepsy, he loses his sex appeal.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-06, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Welcome back, Larry! You're journal has really been missed around here. I hope you keep posting!

finallytyping 401 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-06, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-06 AT 00:34 AM (EST)

"5. Never trust a man who (fill in your reason here.)"

Amen!
Hard to write when I'm laughing.

I agree, Taylor was definitely on Valium, or stoned, or
OD'd on his ADHD medication. Or maybe he hooked up with
Paula and was still in a state of shock.

Can't wait for the next journal!

(eta: do I have to declare what I eta?)

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-06, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-06 AT 12:39 PM (EST)

I'm so glad you're back; this season is screaming for you.

I love me some Katharine, but she cannot dress. Her with Caesar-esque Elliot, the atrocious makeup Kellie wears, Taylor's hair, Chris' stupid shaving patterns, Paris' identity crisis, and Ace's conflicting image of the hesitant Adonis are all just screaming for your treatment.

I don't include Bucky, because, well, he'll be leaving this week, so...

Great job!

TruGoodness 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-09-06, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TruGoodness Click to send private message to TruGoodness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
Relatively new here. Just read your observations and am totally blown away about how right and good they are.

Thanks for the posting. It's really great and can't wait for next weeks so please keep posting.

TruGoodness
http://www.AmericanInventorSpot.com
AmericanInventorSpot.com

04-09-06, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenmeters Click to send private message to tenmeters Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-06 AT 04:00 PM (EST)

You really have the gift for writing.

You said you have massive pecs. ,ala Ted Casablanca's? May I see them? Yum-o.

Anyway, I have a few comments:

1. I would put Katharine as my number 1. Her beautiful face and great singing talent are enough for me to look beyond her wardrobe. Even then, I don't think she was that horrible last week. For me, she was just being a 'cowgirl' (minus the hat and the boots - the strange color combination and the flowery jeans).
Overall, wardrobe included, I think she came out with the best 'Holywood' star potential last week.

2. Thanks for the Chris comment. i ddnt notice the eyebrow until after watching the show the second time around. I was really turned off. I have always considered him the sexiest male contestant ever. Even over Ace.

3.Are you implying that Ace's brother is hotter than him? well, i beg to disagree. i think Ace is way way sexier- his nice body and perfect 'close-up' smile are a killer combination
His brother is too skinny for me.

4. I wish you had put Bucky way down there. No matter what he wears, he always looks like a wasted pill-popper to me.

5. I agree with you on Paris. It was the prettiest she has ever been on the show. Plus her vocals were great. Very underrated in this forum.

6. As for Mandisa, I dont think there is a dress that will look good on her. She has a very pretty face (not much fat in there,surprisingly) but her lower part looks like a hippo or an elephant. I wonder how much she had to eat to gain that weight.

7. As for Kenny, I agree he was totally unrecognizable last week.
But I think I like him better that way. At least, he doesnt look weird like Barry Manilow, George Hamilton,Michael jackson, or Annette Benning's husband(forgot his name).

Thanks again larry

rjrabbit 3269 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-06, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rjrabbit Click to send private message to rjrabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
I can't put into words how glad I am that you are back. Thank you for the wonderful column. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

*smooch* and *hugs* Glad you're back

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-06, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "Yay!!!!"
Absolutely brilliant! Great job! Loved it!

Yay Larry!!!!

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-06, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-06 AT 04:53 PM (EST)

WOO and HOO!! Welcome back LarryTodd!!

Or like the rick-rack throw rugs my drunk mother used to crochet out of old scraps of yarn in various shades of brown and orange.

Although my mom wasn't drunk...she also crocheted alot of rugs, etc. out of these colors...what a hoot! I had the freakiest scarves in elem school!

oh....and good riddance to the old boyfriend

04-11-06, 02:27 AM (EST)
44. "Question"
"Now his BROTHER, on the other hand, I’d like to bone"

Hate to be on this side of the rope (especially with Larry).
But...

Does the above statement mean what it sounds like it does? If so, are we allowed to write so?

04-11-06, 11:05 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Question"
Yes and yes.

Moves courtesy of Syren

TODDLJ 421 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-06, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TODDLJ Click to send private message to TODDLJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Question"
Did I cross the line? Oops.

04-11-06, 02:50 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Question"
Heh, heh. You said bone.

Moves courtesy of Syren

04-11-06, 05:39 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Question"
No TODDJ. If it's okay with everybody, it's okay then.
The word is just a little strong for me but I'll get used to it.

Thanks for your contributions to this forum. Keep up the good work.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-06, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Question"
how? Like an adult, but without using obscenities?

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--sex is a part of realitiy television.

04-11-06, 07:48 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Question"
sounds more like salacious to me but not obscene as i don't see it as a moral issue.

TanNymph 309 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-11-06, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TanNymph Click to send private message to TanNymph Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Gay Idol Journal - Country Week"
So glad you are back. I love reading your comments. Spot on!!
Love your idea about the conspiracy theory. Wonder if he influenced her song choice as well. Thanks for doing this again.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •