The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thoughts on Various Reality Shows"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Mon Cherie 1813 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-15-02, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thoughts on Various Reality Shows"
I’ve been watching more reality TV as of late, probably because it makes up about 90% of TV programming these days, and just wanted to share some of my thoughts.

Road Rules: I long for the first season of this show, when they truly had no money and had to work for it. When they snuck into hotel rooms for a shower and a few hours of sleep. When viewers were actually *happy* that the Road Rulers won their “Handsome Reward”. If BMP had stuck with the initial formula, you wouldn’t have complete boneheads like Kendal making up a pro and con list about keeping prizes vs. voting someone off. What is wrong with you dimwits? You have a teammate who wusses out of basically every competition, who has put the rest of you in jeopardy of achieving the ultimate “HR”, yet you all are going to forego the REASON you are on the show to save someone’s lame ass. Pffffffft on all of you. And what’s up with this Eric dude? He looks like he got beat with the ugly stick right across his nose. Which brings me to:

Sorority Life: Is Eric the long lost brother of Amanda? There is nothing attractive about her besides her Pantene- perfect hair. She doesn’t even have a likable personality. Candace, this chick has no sense of timing or manners. Did you see the one where Jordan was being nice to her, said she looked cute in her baseball cap and glasses, like a little boy. I was thinking, that was kind of a compliment, but definitely not a slam against Candace, which is exactly what she took it as. I’m becoming very scared, because Jordan is bearable to me now, and sometimes *gulp* I actually look forward to see what horrid problem she will be dealing with next.

American Idol: Justin, Justin, Justin. You ain’t foolin’ me. Just cause you have a nice ass and I’d sop you up with some biscuits and gravy, your singing is not really that great. My biggest fear is that you will win due to the teenybopper vote. And Simon *sigh*, I’m actually beginning to take to you. You remind me of Darth Vader- evil on the outside but with a sweet chewy center. Someone has to be the tough asshole, as my dad would say. I’m definitely pulling for Kelly or Tamyra.

Real World Movie (The Vancouver Lost Season): OMH. What. I do not understand. Why. Why. WHY did I waste time on this piece of refuse?

Well, that’s about it. I start my new job Monday, maybe I will be able to wean myself back into the world of fictional television. Nah.

Mon Cherie

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.~ Helen Keller

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thoughts on Various Reality Sho... northernlights 08-16-02 1
 RE: Thoughts on Various Reality Sho... dabo 08-16-02 2
 RE: Thoughts on Various Reality Sho... true 08-16-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-16-02, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thoughts on Various Reality Shows"
>Road Rules: I long for the first season of this show,
>when they truly had no money and had to work for it. When they snuck
>into hotel rooms for a shower and a few hours of sleep.

Amen Mon! I stopped watching Road Rules during the "Semester at Sea". Kinda reminds me of Survivor Africa. IMO the casts were both horrible and the shows weren't the same without the Winnie/Beach. I have watched some of the show since then, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. Then again, I don't think I really fit into their target audience.

>American Idol: Justin, Justin, Justin. You ain’t foolin’ me. Just cause
>you have a nice ass and I’d sop you up with some biscuits and gravy,
>your singing is not really that great. My biggest fear
>is that you will win due to the teenybopper vote.

*shudder* Or even worse, the Rock & Roll chick with the son (can't remember her name). I actually felt bad for the judges the other night when they saw her son standing there with the flower and then they had to trash her performance. I think I even heard them groan when they saw him standing there. The shot of him crying afterwards broke my heart. Poor kid!

>And Simon *sigh*, I’m actually beginning to take to you.
>You remind me of Darth Vader- evil on the outside
>but with a sweet chewy center. Someone has to be
>the tough asshole, as my dad would say. I’m
>definitely pulling for Kelly or Tamyra.

*snicker* Would that make Simon a "loveable Asshole"? Just asking, that's all. Actually I'm starting to soften up to him a little myself and Kelly and Tamyra are my favorites too. Either one of them could win and I would be happy.

>Well, that’s about it. I start my new job Monday, maybe
>I will be able to wean myself back into the
>world of fictional television. Nah.

Congrats and Good Luck on the new job Mon!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thoughts on Various Reality Shows"
>Real World Movie (The Vancouver Lost
>Season): OMH. What. I do
>not understand. Why. Why. WHY
>did I waste time on
>this piece of refuse?
That's pretty much how I felt after watching Son Of the Beach "Penetration Island" with guest appearances by Gervase, Richard and Sue from S1.

>Well, that’s about it. I start
>my new job Monday, maybe
>I will be able to
>wean myself back into the
>world of fictional television. Nah.
Best wishes and congrats on the new job; knock 'em dead, MC!

SMILES ARE FREE

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-02, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Thoughts on Various Reality Shows"
Hi Mon, congrats on the new job!

Whew, I feel so much better, I thought I was the only one watching Road Rules and Sorority Life!

I hope Jordan and co. don't really care about being in that sorority, cause as soon as the other sorority sisters see this show, they are gonna get booted for sure! hehehe

One thing I like about these MTV shows, is if I miss a few episodes (and I always do) they rerun them constantly.

Gotta love the shallow, the deep will drown you -Buggy

true

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •