The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"If not Lindsey then who?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-13-01, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"If not Lindsey then who?"
This week looks like an easy pick.

Pretty much everyone seems ready to see Lindsey sent packing, and the previews certainly suggest that the "new sambura" will be going to TC this week.

Too, a Lindsey boot helps fill out Diane's email buddy list.

This week seems so easy, maybe too easy. MB certainly hasn't made the first 4 weeks THIS clear cut. So what are the arguements for Lindsey staying, and someone else going?

We still don't have the "Lindsey goes to the hospital" rumor laid to rest.

The mall rats are cramming for a TC tie by reading the survival handbook, giving them a big leg up if thats the TC tie breaker again.

We saw Kelly & Lex talk about strategy becoming more important than ever, but nothing from Tom. Too, Tom is said to have lost anywhere from 45-80 lbs. in Africa. I don't know how much he's lost so far, but it looks like quite a bit to me. If he doesn't lose another pound I think the story that he lost 45 lbs is already probably come to pass. I know he's not on Diane's friends list, but neither is Jessie. Maybe she held a grudge against her former Boran tribe members, and didn't make friends with Jessie and any other Boran's that go to loser lodge.

Kelly & Brandon seems to me to have gotten A LOT more face time last episode, Kelly more than she had in the prior 5 episodes. Last year this was a dead giveaway that a person was getting the ax next episode. Too, there's reason to believe that Kelly spends time with Silas at loser lodge and become at least friends. (Kelly's mom talking about her and Silas watching the show together).

The mallrats could very well think that Kelly would be one of the weaker Boran tribe memebers and thus have prior votes against her, thus leading to them targeting her.

I offer this up in the spirit that "group think" is a common trap, and while we mostly all WANT Lindsey gone, we should atleast explore the possibility it's someone else.

Maybe it is Lindsey, but we should atleast discuss the possibility that it could be Tom, or Kelly , or Brandon.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: If not Lindsey then who? zzz 11-13-01 1
   RE: If not Lindsey then who? Loree 11-13-01 7
 RE: If not Lindsey then who? dabo 11-13-01 2
   Don't underestimate Frank and There... cowboyroo 11-13-01 3
       RE: Don't underestimate Frank and T... MDSkinner 11-13-01 5
           RE: Don't underestimate Frank and T... Afreaqua 11-14-01 12
 Let's not "out-think" ourselves NightScribe 11-13-01 4
 RE: If not Lindsey then who? Outfrontgirl 11-13-01 6
   RE: If not Lindsey then who? Rose Red 11-13-01 8
   A Thought regarding 2 rumours... PepeLePew13 11-14-01 9
       RE: A Thought regarding 2 rumours..... dabo 11-14-01 10
       RE: A Thought regarding 2 rumours..... zzz 11-14-01 11
 RE: If not Lindsey then who? caddy1950 11-14-01 13
   RE: If not Lindsey then who? MC_Hampster 11-14-01 16
       RE: If not Lindsey then who? caddy1950 11-14-01 17
   RE: If not Lindsey then who? Loree 11-14-01 19
 Frank! That's who! Survivorchick 11-14-01 14
   RE: Frank! That's who! zzz 11-14-01 15
   RE: Frank! That's who! gemstone 11-14-01 18
 Cigars mavsfan 11-15-01 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: If not Lindsey then who?"
mavs--

ummmmm---why consider only Tom, Kelly or Brandon? You have completely ignored Boran (as well as Lex and KimP). Are you that certain Boran will not go to TC? Are you buying into the MB editing of the previews and promos that suggests Boran must win the archery contest?

My gut tells me he wants us to think Samburu will go to TC, but it will really be Boran going back to TC. In that case I think we have ample evidence to point to Teresa (Diane's list, she is the weakest non-old Boran person in a tribe in fear of a delayed merge, and the "Clairence" spoiler that claims Clarence makes it to the merge and Boran sticks together).

So to answer your question, if not Lindsey then who?--why TERESA that is who.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-01, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: If not Lindsey then who?"
I agree. I think Lindsey will get the boot from Samburu. But I think Teresa will be the one to go from Boran.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: If not Lindsey then who?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-01 AT 10:36 AM (EST)

Lindsey's greatest risk factor is if her past votes become known to Old Boran in New Samburu, which becomes a question of whether Old Boran in New Boran pass on the information during a challenge. While the goat herding challenge allowed ample opportunity for this, it is debatable whether it occurred to anyone to share information between tribes in some way during the exchange. The puzzle challenge did not present the same opportunity for a surrepticious exchange of informations, the archery challenge looks to be the same in this regard, so it won't surprise me if MB set up the goat herding challenge to be the one and only chance and too bad if you missed it.

With the merge point in doubt, New Boran will have to look to getting rid of a weak link should they have to go to TC again. Kim J. is their most obvious target in this regard, but Old Boran factors into her favor and she would likely deflect the vote onto Teresa.

In New Samburu the Old Boran will be unlikely to target Kim P. Brandon could be their target, as it wouldn't have escaped anyone's notice that he sat out the ball rolling competition and was one of the archetects in the house moving challenge. But Lindsey could also become a target because she is so accident prone and could become a tremendous liability at any moment.

Old Samburu in New Samburu will be unlikely to target Kelly, but who knows (ie. I'm not saying I can figure out how GXA thinks). If it comes to a choice between Lex and Tom, they may go after Tom thinking he may be carrying votes because of his dominant personality. Also, Lex fits into their collective worldview a whole lot easier than the rural goat farmer.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Don't underestimate Frank and Theresa"
Frank and Theresa were given a second chance by getting placed with Boran. Clarence obviously knows he's the outsider. Frank and Theresa should surely know that Boran is going to dump them as soon as possible. So, getting in their heads, I could easily see Frank, Theresa and Clarence ganging up on either MamaKim or Ethan.

On the new Samburu, Lindsey by far is the most likely but then again, anything can happen. With Silas gone, Brandon may be less likely to sacrafice himself for Lindsey, so he may try to join the Borans and oust Lindsey. It's pretty obvious Lindsey is going some time soon, so no matter what week she goes, it's going to be obvious.

MDSkinner 716 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MDSkinner Click to send private message to MDSkinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Don't underestimate Frank and Theresa"
This is just my opinion, but I think that it is more likely that Frank and Teresa would put their faith in MamaKim than they would in Clarence. Even thought Clarence is definitely the one that is in the weakest spot, I am not so sure that Frank and Teresa would trust him if he were to approach the two of them. MamaKim, on the other hand, seems fairly reliable and trustworthy and I think that because she is closer to their age and she was probably fairly sympathetic to their situation with the Mall Rats, I think that if Frank and Teresa were to join up with any single individual from Boran that it would be Mama Kim. And I am not sure where here allegiances lie, though they are seemingly with Ethan at this stage, but she could very well be able to get this to work out in her own little way at this point.

This is all just speculation, because at this stage there does not seem to be any real evidence pointing one way or the other, but if I were to guess as to who Frank and Teresa would try to join up with in the long run, MamaKim would be my first choice, and Clarence would be way down at the bottom of the list.

Afreaqua 181 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-14-01, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Afreaqua Click to send private message to Afreaqua Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Don't underestimate Frank and Theresa"
>>>but if I were to guess as to who Frank and Teresa would try to join up with in the long run, MamaKim would be my first choice, and Clarence would be way down at the bottom of the list.

I agree. I'm sure they have heard all about the food stealing episode and it's possible that Silas MAY have approached them when Ethan mentioned wanting to vote off Clarence last week. They wouldn't want to be stuck with another "misfit" again.

Perhaps the next Boran bootee would be based upon an unforseen thing like a bad performance in a challenge or even one of them being sick or injured. That has been their voting pattern so far. Ethan also said that he LIKED Frnk. He'd still be looking at Clarence as his main threat...but we have to remember, not all challenges require strength....some of the future ones will require brains as well as pigheadedness (who can stay on the log the longest).

Theresa really reminds me a lot of Tina. The only thing that would cause me to think that she might be a good candidate for being booted off nest is that she hasn't had the time to build a strong alliance with the old-Borans.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-13-01, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Let's not "out-think" ourselves"
Hey ther Mavs buddy!

First, our theory (you know, the one where two Samburus jump ship to join Boran) that we posted around episode three has come to pass (only earlier because of the swap) -- Good job Mavs!

Second, I understand the reluctance to jump on the Lindsey bandwagon, but lemme just say what I've been saying to myself -- don't over-think it too much.

That's just what I did when everyone thought Diane was gone. I refused to go along with the majority (despite the evidence) because I thought it was all a red herring. Then, the week Linda got the boot and everyone seemed to accept it but me (although I wanted her gone desperately) again I didn't vote for her because it seemed too obvious. But, alas, she got the boot anyway.

Sometimes it is in MB's interest to let some info leak -- it drums up excitement and pre-show discussion. Sometimes it is not in his interest, like revealing the twist.

I guess what I'm saying is that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, as the saying goes. When I over-think this show, I'm always wrong. When I go with the obvious (without manipulating info to suit my own theories) well then, I'm right.

So I think it will be Lindsey this week, but to answer your question: if not her then who? -- I think T-bird. Mamma Kim has too many allies in her camp to go home now.

Psssst... I was never here

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-01, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: If not Lindsey then who?"
I want to second Nightscribe's reminder about overthinking. I am a multiple episode victim of that tendency. Misdirected sneaky boots and obvious boots seems to cycle, unfortunately I can't say it's an exact alternation.

Some points in response to mavsfan:
1) Kelly, the brilliant and good student, has read and reread that Survivor guidebook--the only reading in camp. She has quoted it more than once. I don't see her losing a quiz. Also, Jessie did not seem to really bond with Kelly as they probably would have on safari. Kelly and Silas are same age and live near each other. Do we need more than that for their contact?

2) Diane's friends:
I have made this point before, but it's easily lost in the shuffle. Diane's friends list comes from her chat. I was there (logged in live) and saw it appear on screen, so I know the time lapse.

Question was along lines of "with whom do you keep in touch?"
She said, "From Samburu, and then listed Carl, Teresa, Lindsey, Linda, and Silas (haven't memorized order). This got input on the screen, and then there was a decent-sized pause.

She resumed, "um, pretty much everyone actually, even Clarence.'
These aren't the exact words, which can be found at cbs.com. I don't have time to check them. So you see that she never did a Boran list. That is why booted Jessie is not on the list. I think she paused for censorship, her own or CBS, and turned her list of bootees into an all-inclusive list. She HAD to address the Clarence relationship, and I think his name tells us little or nothing. Those two may have mended fences in Africa or later on, in anticipation of the heat they would get over Beangate.

At the time of her chat it seemed really odd that she started with Samburu as they weren't her tribe. Now we know that Samburu started biting the dust. Her unlikely list has been accurate so far.

Lastly, re Teresa and Frank: their slogan is to play with honor and integrity. I doubt they will ally with the known food thief and alleged liar of Boran over a fellow oldster...

Nevertheless, Kim may have to cut Teresa loose if the merge is delayed because Boran is too weak since they booted Silas.

I am favoring Lindsey the obvious at the moment, although with my luck it'll be Teresa, my incorrect pick of last two episodes.

Rose Red 419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-13-01, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rose%20Red Click to send private message to Rose%20Red Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: If not Lindsey then who?"
This is a neat thread(as opposed to a loose one...).And yes, I'm sorry to say that poor T-Bird looks like her carcass is cooked. Susan("Oh-yeah,-sure.-She's-wrote-that")Hawk in TV Guide mentions "targeting the weaker members", and unfortunately Teresa falls into that category. Silas said in a earlier "Survivor Insider" that Carl and T-Bird were sick. Carl had some kind of dysentary, and maybe she does, too. The "Clairance" spoiler elsewhere on this board shows Clarence's solid relationship with "them" meaning Mamakim and Ethan. He's not going anywhere, yet. With the delayed merge suggestion aimed right between Ethan's eyebrows by Jeff Probst on the last show, Ethan is going to think "they" (he and Mamakim) have GOT to at least hold on to their majority. Which is just the two of "Them" and Clarence. If they voted off Clarence, then it would be two Newbie Borons vs. the two old Borons later on. Too risky. I remember so well being impressed my Tina's chats after the fact, and that the word "majority", whenever she uttered it, had this tremulous resonance to it. Like it was the most important thing in the world to her, and in this game it is.
And of course, Mr. Vassar himself, Ethan King of Old Boron, is counting heads constantly. He doesn't know if the others Borons are EVER coming back, and now Jeff has all but THREATENED him personally with NO MERGE AT ALL, maybe. Who knows? That was one of JP's sickest, slickest moments, that "merge" curtain line the last episode.
Ethan visibly shook at that remark. His hair was vibrating. So even if he likes Frank and Teresa(and he does), he can't let the power go out of his hands and into theirs but getting rid of Clarence. He needs Frank's strength. So, unfortunately, it's Teresa.
IF IT'S BORON...
We're all being set up for a Lindsey boot this week, for sure. There's TOO much information as noted at the top of this sleeve. Frank's "bow and arrow" mastery being mentioned in his bio on the CBS website. No it looks all a little too neat. But if Samburu does go to Tribal Council, there could be a real shock when one of the Old Boron loses the TC. It all depends on Brandon, really, because he's now the decision maker there, the brains, if you can call it that. And who would Brandon pick? Kelly's so smart, and their age and a potential ally. As is former rock band drummer tatooed Lex. No,he would pick the person who he never could in a blue moon ally with, the dumb,racist homophobe, Tom. That could be the big surprise this week. If Lex & co. mistakenly vote for Brandon in a three-three tie breaker. And Brandon's been studying that Survival Guide like it was Brad Pitt's -er- face. Tom isn't expecting a quiz. No Lindsey's hitting the road, but given her hospital spoiler, which is still in the active mode, timing in perfectly for next week's episode, NOT this one, she may be spared. But then next week, she gets sick and goes? Or the merge happens as planned...Hmmmm...
I'd love to see Teresa make the merge...MB probably would, too. He can have the merge anytime now, and any size jury his little heart desires, let's face it.
OR maybe a la the Swedish show, they get switched BACK! THEN they merge! Oy! The possiblities are endless!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "A Thought regarding 2 rumours..."

>2) Diane's friends:
>I have made this point before, but it's easily lost in
>the shuffle. Diane's friends list comes from her chat.
> I was there (logged in live) and saw it
>appear on screen, so I know the time lapse.
>
>Question was along lines of "with whom do you keep in
>touch?" She said, "From Samburu, and then listed Carl,
>Teresa, Lindsey, Linda, and Silas (haven't memorized order).
>This got input on the screen, and then there was
>a decent-sized pause.

>At the time of her chat it seemed really odd that
>she started with Samburu as they weren't her tribe.
>Now we know that Samburu started biting the dust.
>Her unlikely list has been accurate so far.

OFG, something clicked in my head just now while reading this thresd for about the 4th time today and I haven't seen it addressed anywhere else (but if it has, my apologies in advance).

We've heard ad nauseam about Diane's Friends list with Lindsey's name on it and we've heard plenty about the rumour of Lindsey's hospitalization occurring in early August. My thinking is that this contradicts each other. If Lindsey gets booted in either episode 6 or 7 and then gets hospitalized, where's the time she would have to get to know Diane? Right now, we have in Loser Camp: Diane, Jessie, Carl, Linda, Silas -- and only Silas can be considered a friend of Lindsey so would he get Diane to come and visit Lindsey in hospital (thus satisfying the friends part) even if Diane never really knew who Linz was in the first place? We've heard that Diane, Jessie and Carl (dunno about any others) went on a safari so did they get back in time to find out about Lindsey?

"Damn you, Carl, for leaving me here with a bunch of misfits."
Frank Garrison, Nov. 1/01

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A Thought regarding 2 rumours..."
I think the safari was organized by MB for pre-jury booties, so they probably won't go on the safari until just prior to the first jurist being booted. Linda chose not to go on safari, instead spent her time performing acts of charity for Mother Africa's people.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

11-14-01, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A Thought regarding 2 rumours..."
I agree with Dabo and would like to add a little. I think we can safely assume that they did not leave on safari until after the E7 boot would have the time to decompress (but before the E8 boot). Thus whether Lindsey is booted E7 (my pick) or E6 (as almost everone else is predicting), Diane would have had time to get to meet her. If Lindsey were hospitalized, I would think that Diane would visit her there and they could very well bond over Lindsey's hospital bed.

caddy1950 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-14-01, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail caddy1950 Click to send private message to caddy1950 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: If not Lindsey then who?"
Here is my take, although I won't take credit for it since I am sure it has been posted elsewhere already.

Boron - Mama Kim and Clarence see L/E/T as the true tribe alliance. Kim convinces T-Bird and Frank that Samburu is history, and that the only way they can survive is to form an alliance greater than L/E/T. Therfore, MamaKim, Clarence, Bird and Frank take out Ethan. Ethan you say! It can't be so! He is the brains running the show.

Mama Kim and Clarence were on the fringe, so were Frank and Bird. A new Alliance is formed!

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-14-01, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: If not Lindsey then who?"
>Mama Kim and Clarence were on the fringe, so were Frank and Bird. A new Alliance is formed!

The only problem with this analysis, is that it assumes people know when they are on the fringe of an alliance and that they act upon it. The only time I've seen this happen was Colby and Tina (and we know one of them won!) who obviously formed a counter-alliance to Mitch and Jerri because they realized that those added last to an alliance will be the first to go.

Also, there is no way for us to know that Kim and Clarence are even on the fringe of an alliance.

I think one of the keys in this game is to be the founder of an alliance, not just a member. And you have to be willing and able to switch alliances when it suits you. I think alliances are somewhat weakning to the game because people stick with an alliance that either doesn't exist, or is not going to get them far in the game (i.e. Amber).

-MC

caddy1950 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-14-01, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail caddy1950 Click to send private message to caddy1950 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: If not Lindsey then who?"
>>Mama Kim and Clarence were on the fringe, so were Frank and Bird. A new Alliance is formed!
>
>The only problem with this analysis,
>is that it assumes people
>know when they are on
>the fringe of an alliance
>and that they act upon
>it.

I think that Frank and T-bird knew exactly where they stood in samburu. Clarence has a fistful of votes and Kim is challange weak. They know where they stand with Boron.

Additionally, has there been any thought to the possibility of Lindsey getting hurt either in the RC or TC, combined with a scheduled boot puts us into a merge situation next week?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-01, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: If not Lindsey then who?"
MamaKim has stated in a clip that Ethan never really wanted to join an alliance. He was always kind of the loner that was not really loyal to anyone but himself. So I could see MamaKim approaching Clarence over Ethan to join with Frank & T. Clarence feels vulnerable and would want to be in an alliance. Plus Lex has told us that he was closest to Ethan as friends and work buddies. So that could make MamaKim worried about Ethan. I do believe MB is hiding an alliance among Borans. I also think MamaKim and Clarence would take Kelly into their alliance if she survives the merge. Clarence and Kelly were close. And we know Kelly is not crazy about Lex or Tom.

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-14-01, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Frank! That's who!"
Don't read too much into the episode previews.

Think about this from Boran's perspective - the old Boran - as they are clearly now in charge of the game. You have this nice tribe and you are suddenly split in two. Three members of the enemy join your tribe and you initially think "#####. If we lose immunity it'll be a three-three tie. We need to find out who has previous votes or they will take over our tribe". But low and behold, one of the enemby is a complete moran (named Frank) and tells you the complete history of his tribe over the campfire. Better yet - he not only tells you who has previous votes against him (Silas), but tells you that he hates him so much that he will vote for Silas himself! Now you're thinking "Sweet!" The cat is in the bag. The only concern now is that the other half of your tribe is faring equally well over in Samburu. But Frank already told you that those three Samburu kids are in a solid alliance. Let's throw the immunity challenge, get rid of the intruders and prepare to merge with the other three X-Borans still in the game. We can eliminate those three Samburu kids later when they'll be outnumbered.

Next show: So now Silas is gone. We have a 3-2 split. If we win immunity and allow the new Samburus to go to tribal council, there is a possibility that the X-Borans will lose. Then the kids will control Samburu 3-2. That would suck. It would be even coming into the merge (who can trust Frank and Teresa, we just met them). Best to throw the challenge again and boot off Frank.
He's the bigger immunity threat and that move would guarantee a Boran majority after the merge.

Bye-bye Frank.

Survivorchick

11-14-01, 03:59 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Frank! That's who!"
This theory would work if they knew the merge would occur in E7, but with the threat of a delayed merge (and they cannot know how delayed) that would be a dangerous game. They need Frank to help with challenges and chores, so if Boran goes to TC, it will be Teresa (or possibly even Ethan if KimJ really feels threatened by LET). You don't go after an indvidual IC threat if you think you may need him for tribal competition prior to the merge.

As far as a risk that the old Borans on new Samburu might lose a tie breaker--you can solve this problem by getting the information to them that Lindsey has 4 votes--something the old Borans on new Boran know because Frank and Silas both confirmed this. That takes all the guess work out if you can just slip this info at the next challenge (if they did not do it already).

gemstone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-14-01, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gemstone Click to send private message to gemstone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Frank! That's who!"
Yah. They want to settle for 5th and 6th place at the most by sticking with old Boran instead of an all but guaranteed 4th place if T\F\C\Kj align. Frank will be booted as soon as possible. Clarence will probably go before Teresa. That's smart strategy. All it will take is foresight and a promise to take it there. None of these 4 people owe anyone else anything in the game. It is a perfect setup for them.

If Boran loses, Ethan is gone and T\F\Kj|C become the ones to beat. With Ethan gone, Kelly will join C\Kj giving New Boran the strongest majority in the game.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Cigars"
Hey there NightScribe, good to see ya again, and might I add your looking particularly lovely this evening.

Yes I definitly remember our speculation that the Sambura old folks would end up joining Boran, I just didn't expect MB to use such a ham handed method to do it!

I've been reading all the various posts trying to get more firmly on board with Lindsey getting the boot this week. As you've noted, somethimes a cigar is just a cigar... but my response would be, "I'm not going to bet on it being a cigar if MB's keeps it out of sight and he wants to prove how much smarter he is than I".

After going thru all the threads I've come up with Theresa being this weeks pick and Lindsey being next weeks. I've posted this on another thread, but will restate the case here before going off and voting.

First we have the promo that says this will be a tense TC. I think this has to be a conversation that takes place before the vote between the players and JP rather than player to player.

So far in SI/SII/SIII JP/MB haven't given ANY of the players a chance to blast their supposed alliances for stabbing them in the back. It's pretty much just "bring me your torch, time to go". I would be skeptical that Lindsey would be given a chance to blast Kim or Brandon for stabbing her in the back. At most she would get a word or two muttered under her breath like Stacey did is SI. I can't see this as being particularly tense.

So, what ever is "tense" most likely will be in the give and take between Jeff and the players, or the players themselves before the vote. However, in truth I'm not even sure the players are allowed to address each other at TC. I don't remember EVER seeing a conversation back and forth between players at TC.

I also remember that in SII MB/JP were concerned about the players revolting and walking out on the game. I've always wondered and never heard why MB/JP were concerned the players would bolt, but have assumed that this concern is what prompted JP to make the rice for the camp trade.

I offer this to say there is a past history of the players developing a tense relationship with MB/JP. Consider a scenario where Boran (already aware of the threat of a delayed merge) go back to TC. Ethan, MammaKIm, and Clarence want to vote out Frank, but are concerned that if TC is delayed further they may need his strength for future challenges. Ethan/MammaKim/Clarence decide to confront JP at the next TC that delaying the merge is unfair. JP tells them too bad deal with it. I could easily invision this becoming heated/tense. Ethan, MammaKIm, & Clarence are forced to go to plan B and vote out Theresa. This continues with the Diane's email list.

This also leaves Lindsey available to again get dehydrated in episode 7 surrounded by elephants as described by the episode 7 preview. Under this scenario Lil bit MIGHT rationalize to herself voting against Lindsey as a "mercy vote". Lindsey then spends a night or two in the hospital getting rehydrated with an IV and is well enough in a couple days to go on safari with the others, thus completing Diane's boot list.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •