The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Quota problems"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-14-03, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Quota problems"
Nice to see that the gay is a lesbian this time. But, um, doesn't quota require two blacks? I saw only one. American demographics decree there should be two, occasionally three, out of 16, to prove you're not a racist. Maybe they bought some allocation room from overquota'd Fear Factor.

At least we have another Oriental. With all the Chinese, Koreans, Japanese and Vietnamese, etc. in the US, you'd think there would be more.

But where are all the Latinos? I read they now outnumber blacks. Yet they rarely make it onto game shows. Maybe they need to complain more.

Also, aren't we over quota on dufuses? Or are Americans really that moronic? (After seeing a few episodes of Leno's Jaywalking, maybe it's actually under quota.)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Quota problems TechNoir 02-14-03 1
   RE: Quota problems PepeLePew13 02-14-03 3
 RE: Quota problems MellowYellow 02-14-03 2
   RE: Quota problems wildchickenhunter 02-14-03 4
 Yo, Fast Eddie! bebekid 02-14-03 5
   RE: Yo, Fast Eddie! DEVILRAYS 02-14-03 6
       RE: Yo, Fast Eddie! KeithFan 02-15-03 17
   RE: Yo, Fast Eddie! Fast Eddie 02-14-03 9
       Deena bebekid 02-14-03 10
       RE: Yo, Fast Eddie! MellowYellow 02-15-03 11
       When you're right, you're right - I... Fast Eddie 02-15-03 14
           RE: When you're right, you're right... bebekid 02-15-03 16
               RE: When you're right, you're right... Fast Eddie 02-15-03 18
                   RE: When you're right, you're right... desert_rhino 02-15-03 22
                       RE: When you're right, you're right... Spidey 02-16-03 28
 RE: Quota problems shanana banana 02-14-03 7
 RE: Quota problems taginite 02-14-03 8
 RE: Quota problems SurvivinDawg 02-15-03 12
   Oriental vs Asian Fast Eddie 02-15-03 13
       RE: Oriental vs Asian TechNoir 02-15-03 20
           RE: Oriental vs Asian desert_rhino 02-15-03 23
               RE: Oriental vs Asian TechNoir 02-16-03 26
                   RE: Oriental vs Asian desert_rhino 02-16-03 30
       RE: Oriental vs Asian I_AM_HE 02-15-03 21
 RE: Quota problems magellanscross 02-15-03 15
 RE: Quota problems ejm92 02-15-03 19
 RE: Quota problems Drive My Car 02-15-03 24
   RE: Quota problems IceCat 02-16-03 25
       RE: Quota problems anotherkim 02-16-03 29
 Gay guys Basileos 02-16-03 27
   RE: Gay guys PepeLePew13 02-16-03 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-03, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Quota problems"
You have two threads on race and nobody's biting. *hint, hint*

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-03, 06:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Quota problems"
The horse's been beaten to the point where it's now on the edge of death.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

MellowYellow 346 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-14-03, 03:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MellowYellow Click to send private message to MellowYellow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Quota problems"
As a proud Latina, I will say we watch these people as amusement. See, we know what surviving in a hot desert filled with bugs with no food, outrunning, outwitting, and outlasting is all about.

What do you think border crossing is like?

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-14-03, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Quota problems"
I was kinda thinking the same thing. May be they are too smart or have to much self respect to get involved with media whoredom.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-14-03, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Yo, Fast Eddie!"
Just out of curiousity, which woman do you think is a lesbian? I'm not very good at spotting gay people, especially on TV shows.

DEVILRAYS 398 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-03, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DEVILRAYS Click to send private message to DEVILRAYS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Yo, Fast Eddie!"
The last time I heard rumor of a lesbian was the Marquesas, and I don't know if that ever came to fruition...although it does seem like reality shows have more gay men than lesbians. AR has had seven in three series, by my count (the Guidos, Team Cha Cha Cha or whatever they were called, and one half each of three AR3 teams.) To my knowledge, there have been only three openly gay Survivors (Rich, Brandon, and John) and I am not aware of any lesbians.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-03, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Yo, Fast Eddie!"
I think Alex will come out before the show is over.

02-14-03, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Yo, Fast Eddie!"
>Just out of curiousity, which woman
>do you think is a
>lesbian?

According to my wife, Deena. I believe that's her name - the assistant DA.

02-14-03, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Deena"
Deena's SeeBS bio says she's married and has kids.

Like I said before, I'm not good at spotting gay people, but I don't think we have one on this season. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

MellowYellow 346 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-03, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MellowYellow Click to send private message to MellowYellow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Yo, Fast Eddie!"
Ha! Ha! She fooled you!

She's married with two kids. I know doesn't mean anything she's married! By the same token it doesn't mean she's gay just because she's comfortable with her masculine side.

Wild guess if anyone is gay, not that it would matter, I say Matthew.

02-15-03, 11:27 AM (EST)
14. "When you're right, you're right - I blew it."
I should have checked the bio first. When I was having fun with this, my wife's comment occurred to me and I tossed it in at the last moment. I'm really poor at observing such things and usually trust her judgement. But no excuse. I should have checked first. Mea maxima culpa, and sincerest apologies.

02-15-03, 12:39 PM (EST)
16. "RE: When you're right, you're right - I blew it."
Mea maxima
>culpa, and sincerest apologies.

No need to apologize, Fast Eddie. This is Bashers fer cryin out loud! Now if you ever come face to face with Deena...

02-15-03, 02:20 PM (EST)
18. "RE: When you're right, you're right - I blew it."
If I ever come face to face with her, I hope she read my apology for being so lazy. She looks like she could wallop the snot out of me. My wife still can't believe she got this wrong.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-03, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: When you're right, you're right - I blew it."
Well, for almost 15 years, my ex-wife was married with 2 kids.

I'm sorry, I meant to say, "my lesbian sociopathic physician ex-wife."

Don't let marital status convince you your gaydar's off. Don't mean #####, as far as I can tell.

-- JV

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-03, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: When you're right, you're right - I blew it."
And my dad was married for 32 yeares and had 2 kids before he came out at the ripe old age of 56. And his partner was also married with 2 kids. Yes, JV, mariatal status and children don't mean a dang thing.

Of course, I am not saying Deena IS gay, just that unless she tells, we won't know.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-03, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Quota problems"
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-03 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

As an FYI, "Orientals" are rugs. "Asians" represents the collective term for Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, etc....

shanana banana

taginite 222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-14-03, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taginite Click to send private message to taginite Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Quota problems"
dont worry bout it.
survivor7 will have TWO black males.

-controversy sells advertisement$$

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-03, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Quota problems"
As I pointed out in my summary, there IS a black man in this show: The Immunity Idol.

P.S. "Oriental" refers to objects, "Asian" refers to people. So says my brother's gf, who is of Asian descent.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

02-15-03, 11:23 AM (EST)
13. "Oriental vs Asian"
From dictionary.com:

Oriental: Of or relating to the countries of the Orient or their peoples or cultures; eastern.

also

oriental

\O`ri*en"tal\, n. 1. A native or inhabitant of the Orient or some Eastern part of the world; an Asiatic.

However, the site also says:
Usage Note: Asian is now strongly preferred in place of Oriental for persons native to Asia or descended from an Asian people. The usual objection to Oriental meaning “eastern”is that it identifies Asian countries and peoples in terms of their location relative to Europe.

This is news to me. Oriental is what I have always seen used in reference to just the eastern and southeastern parts of Asia. "Asian" to me has always included people from India, various -istans, Iran, etc., which is not what I was thinking of - but would have been a better choice for my point.

Oh well. Occidents will happen.

02-15-03, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Oriental vs Asian"
This is news to me.

Lots of people find posting here an enlightening experience.

"Half of Tech's charm is that sometimes I have no idea what she's talking about" -- True

02-15-03, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Oriental vs Asian"
Yeah, gang-rapeposting here can be that way... enlightening.

02-16-03, 08:27 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Oriental vs Asian"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-03 AT 08:27 AM (EST)

gang-rape

This from a person who points out spelling errors ...

"Half of Tech's charm is that sometimes I have no idea what she's talking about" -- True

02-16-03, 05:09 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Oriental vs Asian"
This from a person who points out spelling errors ...

Yeah? So?

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-03, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Oriental vs Asian"
>>Oh well. Occidents will happen.

ROFL!
very clever

magellanscross 52 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-15-03, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magellanscross Click to send private message to magellanscross Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Quota problems"
well i guess there is only one black woman in the season because:

the other is an asian man (who gives other asians a bad name because he is all brawn and no brains, and that brawn is not even out to good use).

and there is a deaf girl. and the usual old people (but this time not older than 60... should we also cry ageism?!?!?)i even take it that they didnt have any gay man this time because they would not be able to decide which team to put him- men or women?!?

i guess 3 people from a minority is the new quota. and minority not only referring to those that belong to a different race but also to those that were born before WW2 broke out, those living alternative lifestyles, those with a physical handicap.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-15-03, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Quota problems"
I don't really know if there is a quota. EPM just find the sixteen biggest and best DAW's that he can find, fortunately, for the African American community, there isn't a black man on the show to deface your community. Unfortunately, there are 7 white guys out there, doing damage to our heritage....consider yourselves lucky!

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-03, 11:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Quota problems"
Oh my heck Shanana and Tagi are back!! And both on the same thread!

**waves frantically like an idiot**

HI!

(p.s. I find the whole "who's gay" and "minority count" thing to be boring, but hey, that's just me)

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-03, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Quota problems"
**waves frantically like an idiot**

<puts two fingers stuck up behind Buggy's head to complete the image>

<snort>

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-03, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Quota problems"
O.M.H.!!!!!

Did I read this one wrong--<puts two fingers stuck up behind Buggy's head to complete the image>

Adds horns to Icey for the picture and runs away laughing hysterically, bored by the quota chatter.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--finds P.C./reality show debates overwhelming and a wee bit useless

Basileos 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-16-03, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Basileos Click to send private message to Basileos Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Gay guys"
Alex and Matty both have the gay voice, so IMHO they are both gay.

Interesting that they voted differenly at TC.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-03, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Gay guys"
Two words.... who cares?

Move on, nothing left to see. Gay/P.C. issues are boring and tacky, and only exposes homophobia/racism.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •