The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What was the point?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-28-09, 06:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What was the point?"
In last night's first leg, the producers decided to:

1. Eliminate one team before they ever got on the course, robbing them of any joy that might have come from actually participating in the Race.

2. After distributing the remaining pairs on two flights to create a time gap, the contestants were sent to a task which required all eleven teams to be present before anyone could start. Why divide them up just to recombine on the other end of the flight? You tell me.

3. Once everyone was assembled, the order they could leave in was determined by -- random draw. Feeling lucky? If you're not, you could be there a while, especially as other teams start to leave: if that wheel stops on an empty space, it's another spin. Not 'team closest to it gets a shot'. Not 'move over'. Another spin. And another. And another. And another.

4. And if, between roulette wheel and happily wandering tourists, you were so unfortunate as to come in last? Two-hour penalty -- immediately eliminated by the wait for the next flight -- and no elimination. So the whole point of the first hour was to knock someone out immediately in no-course disgrace and send the actual initial last-place finishers onto a second chance. As opposed to, say, letting everyone run a normal first leg with real separation and task departure times determined by skill and effort with just a touch of luck, then removing the first team at a Pit Stop mat -- sending them out with a real experience to remember.

As far as I'm concerned, Jiffie got his wish last night: TAR just forfeited next year's Emmy. And deserved to.

The uncovering of Team PokeHer: random dumb luck or producer plant?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 What was the point?   Estee     09-28-09       
   RE: What was the point?   Snidget     09-28-09     1  
     RE: What was the point?   Estee     09-28-09     2  
   RE: What was the point?   vince3     09-28-09     3  
     RE: What was the point?   emydi     09-28-09     11  
   RE: What was the point?   mhdallas     09-28-09     4  
     RE: What was the point?   popeave     09-28-09     5  
   RE: What was the point?   Max Headroom     09-28-09     6  
   RE: What was the point?   mikey     09-28-09     7  
   RE: What was the point?   bullzeye     09-28-09     8  
     RE: What was the point?   Estee     09-28-09     10  
     RE: What was the point?   Starshine     09-29-09     20  
         RE: What was the point?   nailbone     09-29-09     21  
   RE: What was the point?   Tahj     09-28-09     9  
   RE: What was the point?   qwertypie     09-28-09     12  
     RE: What was the point?   jbug     09-28-09     13  
         Yep   moonbaby     09-28-09     14  
         RE: What was the point?   qwertypie     09-28-09     15  
             RE: What was the point?   kingfish     09-29-09     19  
                 RE: What was the point?   nailbone     09-29-09     22  
                     RE: What was the point?   qwertypie     09-29-09     28  
   RE: What was the point?   Efjendar     09-28-09     16  
     RE: What was the point?   Tahj     09-29-09     23  
     RE: What was the point?   featherfish81     10-01-09     38  
   RE: What was the point?   Molaholic     09-28-09     17  
   RE: What was the point?   Karchita     09-28-09     18  
   RE: What was the point?   kingfish     09-29-09     24  
     RE: What was the point?   jbug     09-29-09     25  
   I don't believe the non-elim legs   IceCat     09-29-09     26  
     RE: I don't believe the non-elim le...   Estee     09-29-09     27  
     RE: I don't believe the non-elim le...   kingfish     09-30-09     29  
         One hour? How about almost two day...   IceCat     09-30-09     31  
             great line, Icey   jbug     10-01-09     34  
   RE: What was the point?   zorayah     09-30-09     30  
     Well said!   IceCat     10-01-09     33  
         RE: Well said!   kingfish     10-01-09     36  
             The lack of footage   IceCat     10-01-09     37  
     RE: What was the point?   kingfish     10-01-09     35  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •