The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Celebrity Poker Showdown New Orleans Table #3: She Hacked the Game"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-14-06, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Celebrity Poker Showdown New Orleans Table #3: She Hacked the Game"
Is there any other possible explanation for Dave's pick winning THREE WEEKS IN A ROW? SERIOUSLY?

No huge beats or anything from what I'm remembering, although Ida did win a three-way pot, and Tilly got amazingly annoying at the end.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown New Or... Jims02 06-14-06 1
 RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown New Or... Estee 06-16-06 2
   But... AyaK 06-17-06 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-14-06, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown New Orleans Table #3: She Hacked the Game"
Is there any other possible explanation for Dave's pick winning THREE WEEKS IN A ROW? SERIOUSLY?

Seriously. Ever since Phil Gordon left, Dave's picks have just been flawless. I wish I could say the same. I keep picking the runner up (I had both Bryan Cranston and Fred Savage in our online pool). Blech.

No huge beats or anything from what I'm remembering, although Ida did win a three-way pot, and Tilly got amazingly annoying at the end.

I thought Fred, Ida, and Jennifer all played pretty solid tonight. Doug E. Doug and Brett Butler were both pretty poor, however. Once those two busted, we got to see some good play. I noticed that Fred Savage played really well with five players, but a bit too tight when they were down to three and two. I was a bit disappointed that he short-stacked himself like that when he folded his middle pair (3s), heads-up, but he played well overall.

Yeah, and Jennifer Tilly was starting to get annoying. Nice cleavage though. Phil Laak is a lucky man.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-06, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Celebrity Poker Showdown New Orleans Table #3: She Hacked the Game"
Could Ida have been more boring? It's not the lack of false glamour that comes from being a low-level celebrity: it's the fact that she was, in essence, a professional poker player. She was the reminder for why I don't watch the pros. No jokes, no laughter, no expressions, no nothin'. She just sat there and played her cards. I'm not asking her to put on a clinic for the professional comedians in the tourney: I'm asking her to act like she cares about being there. Sheesh. And to think I originally believed Brett Butler was the one who was going to slip into a coma...

I'm surprised Fisher wasn't traumatized into Kattan flashbacks by the micro-raises between Brett and Doug early on. And what's with folding AQ preflop, anyway?

Jennifer's problem is that she's picked a poker character -- and, for that matter, a public character, they're one and the same -- and run with it. At this point, no one has any idea what she's actually like because all we ever see is the breathy ditz who may or may not have any idea of the world outside her makeup mirror. There's a fairly bright person under all the adopted mannerisms, but she's going to do everything she can to keep it from showing. And for the record: distracting people with your body only works when you don't say 'Hang on, I have to distract you with my body.'

(Okay, it can work then too. But the victim has to be really dumb.)

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

06-17-06, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "But..."
... that was Jennifer's character years before she ever ran into Phil Laak. For whatever reason, Jennifer's little sister Meg became a star while Jennifer was still a bit player. But when Jennifer adopted the Judy Holliday-type character as her trademark, she became at least noticed (if not a star).

She's been doing it for 20 years. She's 48 -- isn't she too old for the role now? (FWIW, I think Phil Laak is about 34.)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •