The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How much will it cost to do the same thing?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

internetracer 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-10-01, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail internetracer Click to send private message to internetracer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How much will it cost to do the same thing?"
Does anyone know how much money the teams were given for each leg of the race? How much you think it would cost for someone to follow the exact same route and do most of the same things they did on the show?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How much will it cost to do the... Styxfan 11-10-01 1
   RE: How much will it cost to do the... internetracer 11-10-01 2
       Food and Accomodations KelvinKing 11-10-01 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Styxfan 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-10-01, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Styxfan Click to send private message to Styxfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How much will it cost to do the same thing?"
This is something we've been discussing and the answer is....we're not sure. The show doesn't tell you how much and neither does the website. The teams don't have to pay for their air travel so they don't need a lot of money to get by. Now if you or me wanted to take the same route and do the same things, we would need several thousand US dollars.

internetracer 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-10-01, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail internetracer Click to send private message to internetracer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How much will it cost to do the same thing?"
Thank you Styxfan, I just found this board and I tried searching for a thread about this but didn't have much luck. I did find this quote on a travel site ...

Transportation-Includes everything from air packages to taxi fares, whether purchased at home or abroad. ... . $750-$1,500 is a rough range for a medium distance round-trip with a month of "getting around." $2,000-$3,500 should get you around the world in the Eurasian corridor with moderate surface transit for two to four months. You'll get more transit over more time for $4,000-$6,000 and/or you'll be able to add Africa and the South Seas to around-the-world journey...

Per Diem (daily allowance)-For me, this primarily means food, shelter, admissions, and beer. ... A budget per diem might be $10-$30 ($300-$1,000 per month) in the developing world, $25-$60 ($750-$2,000 per month) in developed nations.

KelvinKing 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-10-01, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KelvinKing Click to send private message to KelvinKing Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Food and Accomodations"
At least the teams get to rest at the pit stops and I think meals are provided at each pit stop, as we've seen quite a few times at the beginning of the episode. So, all they really have to pay for is transportation.. and maybe the occassional chocolate bar ;)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •