The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Current Message

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-12-05, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed"
I disagree, Cathy --- MB has already shown that he's fooling with the editing of this show -- and you've thought so yourself -- making JD the apparent "bad boy" earlier in the series and now showing "JD redeemed." Right on schedule too, I might add. Bottom line, this is still a TV show and MB still wants ratings, and he's still edited this show in classic MB fashion, with villians and redemptions and comebacks and falterings -- these last five or six singers have all had a storyline from the beginning of the show until the end. I wonder how much of it is reality versus editing, for all of them. Whether MB approached INXS or not is irrelevant -- the bottom line is still always going to be ratings, in addition to the bottom line of the purpose of the show.

Also, I don't believe for a second that the 15 best singers were chosen for this show.........if so, why Neal? Why Brandon? Why Tara? Why Deana?? Sure, all were good singers, but none of those three fit the INXS bill very, very obviously from the get-go and it is totally obvious that they wanted a variety of singers in order to make the show interesting. I am sure there were some better overlooked singers that just didn't make the final cut for one reason or another. Some of this group were part of the best, and some probably were not. Just like on American Idol.

Finally, personally, I don't think JD is necessarily the only "right" fit for this band. The only reason I said a "surprise shocker" ending regarding a pick for MiG is based totally on last night's editing. I think up until last night, MiG is still considered a front-runner by many --- your personal feelings about him regardless. I know you don't think he's right for the band, but lots of other people do. Even though I love MiG, I'm not sure if he is or not since he hasn't sung INXS yet, and that's half of what I'm basing my opinion on. JD, Marty and MiG have been obvious frontrunners throughout this entire show, even with all the silly editing tricks about looking as though JD was imploding in the middle of the series -- it was still obvious he wasn't going anywhere. Susie somehow manages to pull herself out of oblivion and into the top four as the last woman standing --- how did that happen without some favorable editing thrown her way??

At this point, I'm starting to care less who wins, because it's getting more political and contrived --- I really do think it's a shame the editing has been so manipulated throughout the series. I would have rather seen just a straight out presentation of the facts, since this is about people's careers as opposed to simply a full-out game show. I think we all would have been surprised at how differently everything looked on the flip side where all is concerned. And I also think they should haved worked the INXS material into the show way before elimination night -- it's kind of a skewed way to judge people's abilities.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   jpl68     09-11-05       
   RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   LaLaLisa     09-11-05     1  
     RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   jpl68     09-11-05     4  
   RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   riverrocker     09-11-05     2  
     RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   LaLaLisa     09-11-05     3  
   RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   CattyChat     09-12-05     5  
     RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   geg6     09-12-05     6  
   RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   LaLaLisa     09-12-05     7  
   RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   shanana banana     09-12-05     8  
     RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   CattyChat     09-12-05     9  
         RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   shanana banana     09-12-05     10  
             RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   LaLaLisa     09-12-05     11  
                 RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   shanana banana     09-12-05     13  
                     RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   LaLaLisa     09-12-05     15  
                         RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   shanana banana     09-12-05     17  
         RE: Super Bummed - J.D. Doomed   Cathy the Canadian     09-13-05     29  
   RE:JD - still in the race   Loree     09-12-05     12  
     RE:JD - still in the race   geg6     09-12-05     14  
     RE:JD - still in the race   weltek     09-12-05     16  
     RE:JD - still in the race   jpl68     09-12-05     18  
         RE:JD Naughty Boy   LaLaLisa     09-12-05     19  
             RE:JD   Flamingo12a     09-12-05     20  
                 RE:JD   Moother     09-12-05     22  
                 RE: Versatility? Marty   LaLaLisa     09-13-05     23  
                 RE: Versatility - JD   LaLaLisa     09-13-05     24  
                     RE: Versatility - JD   CattyChat     09-13-05     25  
                     RE: Versatility - JD   Flamingo12a     09-13-05     26  
                         RE: Versatility - JD   LaLaLisa     09-13-05     27  
                         RE: Versatility - JD   jpl68     09-13-05     28  
             RE:JD Naughty Boy   jpl68     09-12-05     21  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •