The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

1turtle 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-18-04, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1turtle Click to send private message to 1turtle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final episode"
This is the first season I started to actually watch and get into this show. For those who have watched previous seasons, can you give a little insight on the final episode, how do they hand the winners. For example right now when the teams come to the pitstop they are told what place they are in. Is it done the same way on the final or do they keep suspense until the last possible second?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final episode ARnutz 08-18-04 1
 RE: Final episode FlamingCactusIT 08-18-04 2
   RE: Final episode ARnutz 08-18-04 3
       I'm not so sure... realitybites 08-18-04 5
   A couple of notes & a couple of exc... realitybites 08-18-04 4
       RE: A couple of notes & a couple of... FlamingCactusIT 08-18-04 6
           An interesting point realitybites 08-18-04 7
               RE: An interesting point Molaholic 08-18-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-18-04, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final episode"
Welcome to the boards 1turtle!!

In the past seasons, they have always told the first place team they have won.

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-18-04, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final episode"
Well, normally in the last episode The Pit-Stop Mat is a gigantic Red Carpet with The Amazing Race written on it in Gold. When the first team arrives Phil gives a speech something like this: 11 teams, 6 continents, 72,000 miles, 29 days, Chip and Kim (Just for example), you're team #1 and the winners of the Amazing Race! Every eliminated team claps and cheers for the winners and teams #2 and #3 are told their place and who won.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final episode"
You are right Cactus!

I also think, if I remember correctly, the first place team hides in the crowd a bit so the 2nd & 3rd don't really know they are not first.

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-18-04, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I'm not so sure..."
>I also think, if I remember correctly, the first place team
>hides in the crowd a bit so the 2nd & 3rd don't really know
>they are not first.

Maybe they do it these days, and it would be a good idea to have them do so. But in TAR Classic, as Frank & Margarita were racing to the finish line, Margarita stopped and said, "Isn't that Rob and Brennan?" It was. Frank told her to keep going anyway, and they did.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

08-18-04, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "A couple of notes & a couple of exceptions"
FlamingCactusIT has the story of the final episode basically correct. But there were a couple of cases (Team Guido from TAR Classic; David & Jeff from TAR4) where the #3 team was so far behind that they never made it to the finish line. Both teams got notes telling them who the winners were.

Also, all the eliminated teams are waiting at the finish line to cheer on the top three as they come in.

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-18-04, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A couple of notes & a couple of exceptions"
I don't know, but when I think about let's say Colin+Christie run to the finish and win the Million. Do any of you think that Charla+Mirna would boo?

08-18-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
7. "An interesting point"
>I don't know, but when I think about let's say Colin+Christie
>run to the finish and win the Million. Do any of you think
>that Charla+Mirna would boo?

Nah, at least not while the camera is rolling. A week or two at Loser Island should be enough to let bygones be bygones for both teams.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-04, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: An interesting point"
I have to agree that the war will be over. This morning on CBS Mirna/Charla were practically civil, with only mild comments about "someone looking down at you.."

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •