URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 1655
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Final episode"

Posted by 1turtle on 08-18-04 at 12:32 PM
This is the first season I started to actually watch and get into this show. For those who have watched previous seasons, can you give a little insight on the final episode, how do they hand the winners. For example right now when the teams come to the pitstop they are told what place they are in. Is it done the same way on the final or do they keep suspense until the last possible second?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Final episode"
Posted by ARnutz on 08-18-04 at 12:36 PM
Welcome to the boards 1turtle!!

In the past seasons, they have always told the first place team they have won.

Posted by FlamingCactusIT on 08-18-04 at 12:41 PM
Well, normally in the last episode The Pit-Stop Mat is a gigantic Red Carpet with The Amazing Race written on it in Gold. When the first team arrives Phil gives a speech something like this: 11 teams, 6 continents, 72,000 miles, 29 days, Chip and Kim (Just for example), you're team #1 and the winners of the Amazing Race! Every eliminated team claps and cheers for the winners and teams #2 and #3 are told their place and who won.

Posted by ARnutz on 08-18-04 at 01:30 PM
You are right Cactus!

I also think, if I remember correctly, the first place team hides in the crowd a bit so the 2nd & 3rd don't really know they are not first.

"I'm not so sure..."
Posted by realitybites on 08-18-04 at 01:35 PM
>I also think, if I remember correctly, the first place team
>hides in the crowd a bit so the 2nd & 3rd don't really know
>they are not first.

Maybe they do it these days, and it would be a good idea to have them do so. But in TAR Classic, as Frank & Margarita were racing to the finish line, Margarita stopped and said, "Isn't that Rob and Brennan?" It was. Frank told her to keep going anyway, and they did.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

"A couple of notes & a couple of exceptions"
Posted by realitybites on 08-18-04 at 01:31 PM
FlamingCactusIT has the story of the final episode basically correct. But there were a couple of cases (Team Guido from TAR Classic; David & Jeff from TAR4) where the #3 team was so far behind that they never made it to the finish line. Both teams got notes telling them who the winners were.

Also, all the eliminated teams are waiting at the finish line to cheer on the top three as they come in.

"RE: A couple of notes & a couple of exceptions"
Posted by FlamingCactusIT on 08-18-04 at 01:44 PM
I don't know, but when I think about let's say Colin+Christie run to the finish and win the Million. Do any of you think that Charla+Mirna would boo?

"An interesting point"
Posted by realitybites on 08-18-04 at 03:15 PM
>I don't know, but when I think about let's say Colin+Christie
>run to the finish and win the Million. Do any of you think
>that Charla+Mirna would boo?

Nah, at least not while the camera is rolling. A week or two at Loser Island should be enough to let bygones be bygones for both teams.

"RE: An interesting point"
Posted by Molaholic on 08-18-04 at 04:18 PM
I have to agree that the war will be over. This morning on CBS Mirna/Charla were practically civil, with only mild comments about "someone looking down at you.."

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV